Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

For the first time ever I wish RGD was actually moderated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Rodyle posted:

For the first time ever I wish RGD was actually moderated.

Because a fan of something is asking for an ad-free version of that something which the said fan would pay a monthly premium for because they don't want to see ads and they want to monthly give money to the people they are a fan of?

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 25, 2014

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

If you want to give them money, click on the ads. Good lord you are being absolutely insufferable.

Rodyle posted:

Please don't goon away the content creator!

^^ forever

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
edit: I want to give people money for giving me content. People that are a fan of this content shun the idea of giving them money. "just click on their ads!!" instead of promoting the idea they let us give them money to take the ads away for more money than clicking on the ads is worth.

Even if they make more money from clicking on ads then they would from us ~~~~~+50,0000 followers giving them ~~~~$5 a month for everything they do for us. Why is there such an opposition of giving them money every month?

E: I don't want to increase their workload at all. Their content is exceptional. All I want to do is give them money on the idea that they're giving us immense content. All I've been doing these last couple hours is bringing up the thought that they allow an option where you can give them money every month to take ads off. Is that such a crazy consideration that doesn't add any workload on them at all?

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 25, 2014

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Do you really want to increase their already high workload by a fuckload just so you don't have to see ads?

Is it possible that money isn't the primary goal?

Have you thought out how much additional work it would be to segment their fanbase that already appreciates everything they do as is?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
golly..... these videos are great, but i wish it cost money to watch them.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
So have we settled on "The Zach in the Hat" calendars yet?

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Judge Clayjar posted:

golly..... these videos are great, but i wish it cost money to watch them.

Boy golly, I'm watching these videos from these people that provide me happiness on their website. Their videos have 20 second advertising?!?! If only there was a way to watch these videos faster!!! If only there was a way to give these people money!!!! How could they possibly combine these two things to make a profit off of their never-ending content!!!!?!?! If only they could give us the option to take ads off!!! But surely they're already making enough money from merchandise and clicking on ads that they don't need this extra money from fans that would give them this extra money to not have 20 second ads because they are fans of something that want to give that something money every month!!! What assholes!!!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Sooo, how about those Super Best Friends? They're pretty cool, right guys?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

My understanding is a couple years ago, the ad revenue plus whatever else (Machinima money?) was enough for two men to quit their jobs for a much more lucrative career as YouTube pros. This is their job, I'm sure they know how to do it better than you. If you want to say thanks, send them a nice letter, buy some stickers, or just watch or buy something off an ad. These are the ways to give back that they have now, and if it makes sense on their end to have more, I'm sure they will set that up.

Bottom line, chill out, dude, and let the Zaibatsu figure out what is the best way for them to provide for themselves. You can just save up your Obama autism bucks under the mattress until they make a polo or whatever you want and buy 50 of them then l.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
No one's answered this question, and I want someont to honestly answer it:

"Why is it such a terrible thing as a fan to ask for a membership where I give money to something that I like so I don't have to watch 20-second ads?"

E: It's not that I'm not chill, I just want to throw money at these dudes for something as simple as taking ads off of their videos. It's not adding/taking away from content for anyone. All it is is "Hey, I like what you do. I wanna give money to you. Can I give money to you without goons getting furious at me?"

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

roach cum puddle posted:

"Why is it such a terrible thing as a fan to ask for a membership where I give money to something that I like so I don't have to watch 20-second ads?"

Because you're telling them how to do their job. It's a nice thought, let them figure out if they want to do it.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Charles Martel posted:

Sooo, how about those Super Best Friends? They're pretty cool, right guys?

They're cool, but I think they could be cooler with THIS FIVE DOLLARS

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
I'm not telling them how to do their job at all. I'm giving them a suggestion on how to make money off of us losers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

roach cum puddle posted:

I'm not telling them how to do their job at all. I'm giving them a suggestion on how to make money off of us losers.

And I'm sure it was heard after two pages of you being a pain in the rear end. Now can we please, please move on?

Monitor Burn
Nov 29, 2001
No clever to be found here

Chrispurple posted:

So have we settled on "The Zach in the Hat" calendars yet?

I'm surprised they haven't started selling DVDs of their content yet, but its probably a decent startup cost to get that stuff printed. I'd like to see a Sadness Trilogy DVD box set eventually.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Dias posted:

And I'm sure it was heard after two pages of you being a pain in the rear end. Now can we please, please move on?

I'm not sure how I've been a pain in the rear end? All I've done is suggest to someone that their content I enjoy so much would make more money by letting us fans give them more money by taking ads off of their videos. The other fans of Super Fest Friends have been the "pain in the rear end" by using all their might to reject this business model. I'm not saying "YOU SHOULD DO THIS HEY YOU SHOULD DO THIS HEY DO THIS DO THIS DO THIS" like people are lead to believe. I just both don't want ads and also want to give them money. What a pain in the rear end fan????

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

roach cum puddle posted:

E: It's not that I'm not chill,

It really is though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Monitor Burn posted:

I'm surprised they haven't started selling DVDs of their content yet, but its probably a decent startup cost to get that stuff printed. I'd like to see a Sadness Trilogy DVD box set eventually.

That's probably a total legal clusterfuck, they'd probably end up havig to give Cage royalties or something. Actually, that might make it even better.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What you should've taken from my post was the last sentence.

I'm surprised Pat's not getting that much hate over the DS2 playthrough, that game has a notoriously annoying and nitpicky fanbase. Pat/Woolie's also a pretty good combination, and I sorta remember either Matt or one of the two saying they tried doing a series together and it went horribly. I can't see why, both this and IHNMAIMS are legit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Monitor Burn posted:

I have to imagine the already sketchy legal status of LPs would be an even bigger clusterfuck than it already has been.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
I honestly don't want to be hostile with other SBF fans, because this is where I found out about them.
I'm a new fan, and I know they started a new site, and all I want is them to make money from us because they deserve it.
What is the easiest way for them to make money without adding more content? By letting us pay to take off ads. That's all I'm suggesting. I didn't mean for all this shittery to shittery, I just want to give these guys money for their content.
I don't like their shirts or their posters, and I completely get the idea of "Well buy it anyways to support them" because I've done it for Uhh Yeah Dude, but I was just suggesting that they let us pay to take adds off.

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 25, 2014

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Dias posted:

What you should've taken from my post was the last sentence.

I'm surprised Pat's not getting that much hate over the DS2 playthrough, that game has a notoriously annoying and nitpicky fanbase. Pat/Woolie's also a pretty good combination, and I sorta remember either Matt or one of the two saying they tried doing a series together and it went horribly. I can't see why, both this and IHNMAIMS are legit.

I thought the only bad thing that happened was the Jojo review? Or was something else mentioned on the podcast a while ago that I'm not remembering?

Monitor Burn
Nov 29, 2001
No clever to be found here

hoobajoo posted:

That's probably a total legal clusterfuck, they'd probably end up havig to give Cage royalties or something. Actually, that might make it even better.

You're probably right, although AVGN has had DVDs for sale for a while now. It probably helps that most of the games he reviews are 2+ decades old.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pulp rag posted:

I thought the only bad thing that happened was the Jojo review? Or was something else mentioned on the podcast a while ago that I'm not remembering?

My memory's fuzzy, but I think I heard that in a podcast (either theirs or one of the Retsucasts). Maybe it was just the game/idea that didn't pan out.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Pat may be onto something about burning SA to the ground.

Murdered: Soul Suspect seems to have rather cluttered mechanics. I'm with Pat and Matt on wondering what the hell Woolie and Liam find so good about the game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

roach cum puddle posted:

I honestly don't want to be hostile with other SBF fans, because this is where I found out about them. I'm a new fan, and I know they started a new site, and all I want is them to make money from us because they deserve it. What is the easiest way for them to make money without adding more content? By letting us pay to take off ads. That's all I'm suggesting. I didn't mean for all this shittery to shittery, I just want to give these guys money for their content. I don't like their shirts or their posters, and I completely get the idea of "Well buy it anyways to support them" because I've done it for Uhh Yeah Dude, but I was just suggesting that they let us pay to take adds off.

You've been almost every second post in this thread for several pages fishing for some support for your idea that no one else gives a poo poo about. Do yourself and everyone else a favour and stop posting for a while

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Improbable Lobster posted:

You've been almost every second post in this thread for several pages fishing for some support for your idea that no one else gives a poo poo about. Do yourself and everyone else a favour and stop posting for a while

I made it a point like 8 posts ago that all I'm doing is sitting on the internet watching my internet.
My idea still stands that I want to pay the dudes to not have ads. I'm sorry.

e: "for some support for your idea that no one else gives a poo poo about", the topic on premium membership was discussed for a whole page before I even gave my input.

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 25, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

roach cum puddle posted:

Because a fan of something is asking for an ad-free version of that something which the said fan would pay a monthly premium for because they don't want to see ads and they want to monthly give money to the people they are a fan of?

because you're a loving retard

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

and possibly autistic

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh god pat was right

we are the bad guys

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004

roach cum puddle posted:

E: It's not that I'm not chill, I just want to throw money at these dudes for something as simple as taking ads off of their videos. It's not adding/taking away from content for anyone. All it is is "Hey, I like what you do. I wanna give money to you. Can I give money to you without goons getting furious at me?"

Because creating a paywall and maintaining and supporting a subscriber base is a pain in the rear end and a lot of work. Thats why it might not be a good idea. You can stop belaboring your point now, everyone knows what no-ads is.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

roach cum puddle is really pat shitposting in an attempt to scare matt off sa

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Do not even ask posted:

roach cum puddle is really pat shitposting in an attempt to scare matt off sa

But he keeps repeating the same point over and over just getting real upset each time as if that changes it.

He's clearly Liam.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's clearly Liam.

:vince:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man I just watched the Blade 2 vid and that game is really something. Did they seriously add a jump button and it caused like a million glitches?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's clearly Liam.

Liam is being paid by Pat. It's the best friends hasbara.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You realize maintaining a 'premium' kinda thing is actually a bit of work right?

The benefit for the producer is a reliable recurring payment each month/year; you don't get that by selling merch.

hoobajoo posted:

Because you're telling them how to do their job. It's a nice thought, let them figure out if they want to do it.

Content creators use things like surveys to determine what their audience wants or what their market will allow. The alternative is just to tell Matt in plain english what we're willing to pay for.

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 25, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...They could compromise and put a tip jar for people who are just desperate to give them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How do you think they would have felt if they just got a box full of money on the mailbag