Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
i dont think there was a time skip

or if there was it was like a month or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Yeah the last chapter seemed very may June ish. So a month or two to bring it to real time at the end of the school years seems reasonable.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Rumda posted:

Yeah the last chapter seemed very may June ish. So a month or two to bring it to real time at the end of the school years seems reasonable.

And to give the rabbit's corpse time to decay :unsmigghh:

Lindsey's EXCITED INTONATION at once reminds me of GLADoS and the Elcor from Mass Effect.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

maswastaken posted:

I think Kat and Annie are the pink and black tufts of hair hidden in the mass of girls in panel one.

I see the red streak you are talking about that looks like Annie's shade of hair, but the 3 I circled look like they could be them as well

SHISHKABOB posted:

i dont think there was a time skip

or if there was it was like a month or something
Since the last chapter sure, but it has been 3 chapters since we saw Paz. Even if the two Mort ones were back to back, there is still the time from Thread to Realm of the Dead, See Ya to Tall Tales and Tall Tales to now.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Fried Chicken posted:

the 3 I circled look like they could be them as well

No they don't.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Fried Chicken posted:

I see the red streak you are talking about that looks like Annie's shade of hair, but the 3 I circled look like they could be them as well

You must be blind because those three are clearly Daria and Quinn Morgendorffer and Jane Lane.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Nonbaka posted:

You must be blind because those three are clearly Daria and Quinn Morgendorffer and Jane Lane.

well jesus now that's all I can see

kbdragon
Jun 23, 2012

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Forget LOST, anyone who doesn't support the transformation of this comic into Gilligan'sGunnerkrigg's Island is anti-fun. :colbert:

As soon as I saw the word "cruise" that theme song was stuck in my head.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Since the last chapter sure, but it has been 3 chapters since we saw Paz. Even if the two Mort ones were back to back, there is still the time from Thread to Realm of the Dead, See Ya to Tall Tales and Tall Tales to now.
None of those three is a redhead, so if it is Paz and Kat they are standing next to a random brown haired girl and not Annie.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I'm betting half of this chapter will be a running joke with Kat and Paz trying to get alone time together and Annie will keep stumbling upon them and making the situation awkward before making a quick exit.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
You know, I realized something. "Annie and Gamma" is an anagram for "Anime and Manga". And what they have in common is that they can calm Zimmy's strange frightening projections.

Does this mean that they could also be calmed by making her watch Sailor Moon?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure, why not.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I really want everyone to die in this comic. Not because I hate them but because I love them.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

I really want everyone to die in this comic. Not because I hate them but because I love them.

They were dead all along. The court and the forest are an allegory to heaven and hell, an the court leaders are trying to become god. Annie died in that hospital years ago!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
That's not acceptable!!!!!!!!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Zemyla posted:

You know, I realized something. "Annie and Gamma" is an anagram for "Anime and Manga". And what they have in common is that they can calm Zimmy's strange frightening projections.

Does this mean that they could also be calmed by making her watch Sailor Moon?

I imagine most people could be calmed by watching Sailor Moon.

I've started watching the series from the beginning after not seeing it for like 15 years and I am super calm all the time now please h e l p m e

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
you're gay

i'm sorry

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Things I was expecting: Not that!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Who's this rear end in a top hat?

It's Jack, he's the rear end in a top hat

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Looks like Annie doesn't want to chat with them. Have the Shaggy shirt + goatee made Jack insufferable? Where's Gamma? Why does Zimmy have eyes? Why does she look pleasant? I'm so confused.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
That can't possibly really be Zimmy.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Fecha posted:

Looks like Annie doesn't want to chat with them. Have the Shaggy shirt + goatee made Jack insufferable? Where's Gamma? Why does Zimmy have eyes? Why does she look pleasant? I'm so confused.

Unless she started wearing colored contacts then that's not Zimmy. Maybe Jack's trying to play the jelousy angle? If that's the case then I don't think he knows Zimmy very well.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zimmy has red eyes. I assume Jack has just decided to settle for someone similar to her.

On the other hand, the author comment implies that it is her. We haven't seen Zimmy and Gamma for most of the (in-comic) year, who knows what happened.

That said, that is not Zimmy's skin tone. You can't really fake that.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 25, 2014

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Aww. Zimmy just got better. Being in a happy relationship can do wonders for your psyche.

The alternative you suggested where he is obsessed with her and tries to make his girlfriend look like her is probably to creepy for this comic.

Why do they not know which ocean that is?

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Ahahahaha this is fantastic.

You're a funny guy, Jack.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Tenebrais posted:

Zimmy has red eyes. I assume Jack has just decided to settle for someone similar to her.

On the other hand, the author comment implies that it is her. We haven't seen Zimmy and Gamma for most of the (in-comic) year, who knows what happened.
That's what made me assume. But it really doesn't make sense so I guess Tom's just messing with us. v:)v

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
What is even this?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So uh, I don't know what's a weirder idea: Zimmy getting all un-weird off camera, or Jack finding a girl because she looks like Zimmy.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
A teenage boy's crush on one girl leading to an attraction to a similar looking girl doesn't strike me as weird. Certainly not as weird as Zimmy solving her eye darkness, going from red eyes to black eyes, becoming less grey, and becoming way more lovey dovey person all off panel. I kind of hope it is Zimmy though because that would be one hell of a story to see in an upcoming one shot side comic.

Also, why does Jack seem like such an incredible douchebag?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Air is lava! posted:

Why do they not know which ocean that is?
Because it's a holographic simulation so it could be anything.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Wittgen posted:

It's that wispy facial hair. The nicest boy on God's green Earth looks like a douche with wispy facial hair

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wittgen posted:

The goatee.

e:f,b

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
The 'heyyy carver' speech bubble is a different color than Jack's, so it's either Zimmy or someone who knows Annie, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its the polo shirt.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SynthOrange posted:

Its the polo shirt.
It's the combo of the uncool, dad-variety polo with the wisp-beard-trigger-burns facial hair. It's like a chemical reaction that results in concentrated douche.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well I wouldn't be that suprised with Zimmy getting some off-panel character development, same for Jack.
Last time we've seen Zimmy was in Divine, 10 chapters ago. Jack was... whoa, Fairaway Morning, that's 14 chapters ago. Technically we've seen him in Divine as well, but that wasn't exactly him.

Since Divine, when Annie's Dad was a jerk and Zimmy punched him in the face:
-Ysengrin attacked Annie
-we've had Jones tell her story
-Mighty Eyebrows Boy was appointed the new Court Medium and Firehead Girl has become the new Forest Medium
-we've met and unmet Hettie
-Annie singed some forest demons
-Kat and Paz were making out in front of Kat's burning shop and Annie saw them
-The girls went into the Realm of The Dead, where we've said goodbye to Mort
-Coyote threw a great and amazing party in the forest as only he can, The All-Mighty Coyote, as seen in the last chapter

So quite a lot of time has passed since we last saw them yes. And we can't follow everyone around, especially since we've been seeing a lot of Forest recently, so people in the court might have changed a bit. I bet Winsbury is still a jerk tho.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:stare:

Well. That happened.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i desperately pray that is zimmy just for the ensuring shitstorm.

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy

lovely Wizard posted:

The 'heyyy carver' speech bubble is a different color than Jack's, so it's either Zimmy or someone who knows Annie, right?

Tom just changed the speech bubble colour, so it's actually Jack it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
I don't know if that's Zimmy. Zimmy's text bubbles in her previous appearances have been purple, haven't they?