Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Shish I have called your mom and she called your therapist please don't hurt yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It a ok I'm lying on a couch with my dog

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I take it your date didn't go well then.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Or... did it?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Tell us about the date!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So uh, don't log in this morning. There was a post-maintenance issue where anyone logging in gets 'cheat detected' and banned across all of the realms. I'd give it a few hours to be safe and avoid having to post for account unlockage.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

So uh, don't log in this morning. There was a post-maintenance issue where anyone logging in gets 'cheat detected' and banned across all of the realms. I'd give it a few hours to be safe and avoid having to post for account unlockage.

Maybe you should stop cheating???

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I accidentally entered the konami code after logging in, giving myself 1 million golds. It is all fixed though, but the million is gone. RIP in pieces all my golds.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DrSeRRoD posted:

Don't post videos of you fishbotting man, that's how they get you.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

That would be as likely as an Ape Escape from my local zoo.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Oh man thats crazy cause I logged in with all my characters (named Aoober, & Coober through Xoober) today and they were all banned! I need to file an appeal.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

<Free Toober>

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
So against my better judgement, I just started playing Vanilla WoW for the first time since 2006 when I was trying to level a holy priest. I liked healing in dungeons, but when you had to find a group and then run your rear end there it wasn't really worth the time and grinding was just so much :effort:.

Trying a rogue this time around, we'll see how it goes but I this time I intend to make it slow and steady (and rested) to level 60.

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008
Posting for proof of goon on the following character: Bunicu.

Send me all the gold you have. Do not question this. Send it to me.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Likewise on the posting for goon verification, character name is Kazinsal. Will log in and send someone some goony poo poo to someone unexpectedly later today.

Farcus
Jan 11, 2004
Togetha?
Am I correct that emerald dream, the max progression server wide is BLW?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Actually we have kel thuzad on farm

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

BWL is the highest dungeon at the moment with AQ's War Event a few weeks from releasing (as the last estimate we received, no set date yet).

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

There was a mass cross-realm ban today that has apparently banned a lot of people without reason. There's a chance some of us are banned right now for 3 days. Not much more out there other than speculation as to what is causing it. Rip.

E: Loots like a ton of people have just been unbanned. On to Ony/BWL!

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 28, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

McSpankWich posted:

I take it your date didn't go well then.

it went really well actually

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: Onyxia & BWL raid in an hour!!!! :siren:

Some regulars aren't able to make it today, so we should have plenty of open spots, so show up and help out!!!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

SHISHKABOB posted:

it went really well actually

Spill the beans shish

Dreadwind
Dec 1, 2009

Just posting in here to prove I'm a goon, on as Pumanchu

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

:siren:5 hours to fiermen decimation fiermens dead!!!:siren:

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 31, 2014

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
May end up gettin in on this when i get home

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ED is getting DDoS'd hardcore today; they are currently working on more DDoS upgrades/protection, etc.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

RIP server

Handsomeharald
May 7, 2009
Proof of Goonhood: Gwennyth. Who do I whisper about invites?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Handsomeharald posted:

Proof of Goonhood: Gwennyth. Who do I whisper about invites?

Just pm anyone in guild and see if an Alficer is on to invite. Let them know it is Handsomeharald from SA and that you made a post for goon rank.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Just joined. Posting in here to confirm.....kinda excited to get back into vanilla after all these years.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Got an urge to play wow again. How's the population? Will I be able to find pugs for random 5 mans at all?

mewse
May 2, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

Got an urge to play wow again. How's the population? Will I be able to find pugs for random 5 mans at all?

It's like retail, 5 man groups are constantly forming up via world chat but it's 99% for the endgame dungeons, not leveling stuff

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Are there significantly fewer leveling dungeon groups these days or something? I had no problem finding people for just about every instance on the way to 60 last year. I only skipped a small handful that nobody wants to do (Blackfathom Depths, Uldaman, and the horde dungeons). And this was as a useless, overpopulated rogue.

There's no dungeon finder or anything though, obviously. If you want groups as quickly as possible, you're gonna need to summon the initiative to start them yourself and copy+paste message spam individual people in your level range to fill out the roles you need. Otherwise it can take awhile. The /who command is your friend.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Vargs posted:

Are there significantly fewer leveling dungeon groups these days or something? I had no problem finding people for just about every instance on the way to 60 last year. I only skipped a small handful that nobody wants to do (Blackfathom Depths, Uldaman, and the horde dungeons). And this was as a useless, overpopulated rogue.

There's no dungeon finder or anything though, obviously. If you want groups as quickly as possible, you're gonna need to summon the initiative to start them yourself and copy+paste message spam individual people in your level range to fill out the roles you need. Otherwise it can take awhile. The /who command is your friend.

Yeah that's fine, I don't mind lfg chat groups, just wanted to know if I'd get to have any fun in dungeons or if I'd be doing nothing but quest grinding alone

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: Onyxia / BWL raid tonight, starting at 7:30.

I'll be doing a DM tribute run pre-raid as usual for those who are interested.

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah that's fine, I don't mind lfg chat groups, just wanted to know if I'd get to have any fun in dungeons or if I'd be doing nothing but quest grinding alone

You can find most of the common dungeons pretty easily. Some patience required at certain times of the day. But like, Deadmines, Zul Farrak, BRD, Strat, etc. are pretty much running all the time.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lmao 4k for cts

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Vargs posted:

Uldaman is actually the best dungeon.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Silithus quests :frogsiren:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Silithus quests & creatures were added.

From ED forums

"Badge grinding has been added
All prewar quests such as dearest natalia, twilight texts, etc, have been added

humptons of pvp has been added, at least 150-200 players on just in silithus."

Also, if you use Bar Saver 3rd party application, it is now considered cheating and will get you banned.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

Silithus quests & creatures were added.

From ED forums

"Badge grinding has been added
All prewar quests such as dearest natalia, twilight texts, etc, have been added

humptons of pvp has been added, at least 150-200 players on just in silithus."

Also, if you use Bar Saver 3rd party application, it is now considered cheating and will get you banned.

No war event / gate quest yet though, right?

• Locked thread