Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Zach could be interesting.

But probably not.
Amber/Jocasta/Victoria leaving next week.

BOOK IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:suicide:

I can only hope that Zach does us some good.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Detonators ripping this season up.

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

Eltoasto posted:

ZACK ATTACK

Him going after Caleb is the only chance this week has.

If he does, Zankie might get a divorce?

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

I love Donny, but I have to think the right move is to get him out.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Derrick is a class act.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SuperSpiff posted:

If he does, Zankie might get a divorce?

Frankie's been cheating on Zach all season anyway. Zach will probably just give on to what Frankie wants.

gently caress, another Frankie HOH. I guess I won't be watching feeds the next two days just like last week.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

How precious Frankie getting that airtime with Victoria and Amber consoling him.

If only Amber knew he is jet set on throwing her rear end out.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Derrick is a class act.

Good playing. Gets his guy in charge under the guise of being purely a good guy, which also sort of hides how close they are. It's a little boring to watch, but he's rolling these people.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Derrick is a class act.

Call me crazy or heartless but the chances of me ever throwing a competition so someone could see a picture are slim and none.

It's sad when someone you love dies, but let's not pretend its a tragedy. The guy was 90. We should all be so lucky.

If anyone really had a heart they wouldn't have voted out the single mom who could actually use the money for her (living) children.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its both. Derrick is a genuinely decent guy, I think, but also its obviously beneficial game play for him keeping himself safe, his alliance in power, his hands clean, stays in next week's HOH, and Frankie owes him one.

If Donny or Jocasta was sitting in the other seat he probably wouldn't have taken this chance.

Robnoxious posted:

How precious Frankie getting that airtime with Victoria and Amber consoling him.

If only Amber knew he is jet set on throwing her rear end out.

And the only person in that house he poo poo talks almost as much as Amber is Victoria.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
This week could have some edge to it with the Team America task. Having Zach be HOH seems a prime opportunity to wind him up about something and turn him loose. Of course they'll probably steer him away from Caleb and towards Victoria or something.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Donny is the only thing that is keeping me watching this season. If he goes home I may not watch the rest of the season. To be honest, last season was more interesting.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Teek posted:

This week could have some edge to it with the Team America task. Having Zach be HOH seems a prime opportunity to wind him up about something and turn him loose. Of course they'll probably steer him away from Caleb and towards Victoria or something.
Zach absolutely hates Victoria, she's going up for sure because Frankie won't so he can remain palsy-walsy with Vic even though he could care less if she poo poo, stays, lays or prays.
Amber is the automatic nom for Frankie.
The other two will likely be Jocasta and Donny with Caleb as the backdoor option.

Wake me up when Hayden or Nicole decide to start playing and flip the loving script.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's some good players who seem to be biding their time for BotB to end/jury to start so I haven't lost hope on this season rebounding. But it's ridiculously boring to watch this pagonging.

At least we have Christine as a have not and Caleb having to rationalize both being one of the laziest people in the house and sucking on a country music themed HOH.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I don't think this week will be too bad, Donny/Jocasta/Victoria/Amber are very likely to be the noms and Victoria and Amber will be very upset if they get nominated again, plus there's potential for a Caleb backdoor. The one nice thing about BotB is that you really have to show your hand with nominations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

Amber is the automatic nom for Frankie.

This would be so loving stupid of Frankie to do, but I wouldn't put it past him. But Zach will probably put her up since he knows she hates him anyway. Then Frankie can put up Jocasta and Donny. Zach has a more public relationship with Donny and Frankie doesn't even talk to Donny. So it makes sense, Team America aside. But it's been established Derrick and Frankie don't give a poo poo about Donny.

But yeah. Frankie puts up Donny/Jocasta and Zach puts up Amber/Victoria. The only hope for this week is Amber/Victoria losing BotB so Zach stays HOH and then maybe Caleb gets backdoored.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 25, 2014

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I think Frankie does not want to win HoH, especially since he is safe with Zach as the other HoH. He will probably want Zach to put up Jocasta/Victoria in order to lose, and Zach is too dumb to want anything but to stay HoH. They will probably talk Zach into backdooring Caleb instead of putting him up (in the hopes he doesn't get a chance to do it). I guess we could get some interesting play if Nicole or Hayden go up, it might light a fire under them, but more than likely it will be Donny and Amber.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

I think Frankie does not want to win HoH, especially since he is safe with Zach as the other HoH. He will probably want Zach to put up Jocasta/Victoria in order to lose, and Zach is too dumb to want anything but to stay HoH. They will probably talk Zach into backdooring Caleb instead of putting him up (in the hopes he doesn't get a chance to do it). I guess we could get some interesting play if Nicole or Hayden go up, it might light a fire under them, but more than likely it will be Donny and Amber.

I think STAC is right about the noms, Frankie looks terrible if he puts up Amber and Zach has her as basically a declared enemy.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic posted:

"God bless you all, and God Bless America"

I know people don't feel the same but I hate Donny for his "shucks, Ah'ma doggone country bumpkin" shtick.

Rob Cesternino on RHAP just called out Donny for that line, LOL. "God bless America - who says that!" on Big Brother; and talking about him being a big threat.
Bigger threat than Brittany, at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Frankie doesn't want Caleb gone, though. He DOES want Amber gone and barring that Donny or Jocasta. So leaving Zach in power and giving him the chance to take out Caleb is a bit of a risk. And its Zach. God knows what he'll do.

Frankie and Derrick will try and push for Amber to be the target instead of Caleb and Zach will probably be ok with that. Cody will want Caleb as the target but he has no backbone. Christine will want Donny/Jocasta (especially after making it blatantly obvious in Knockout) but she has no backbone by design.

We need to root for Zach to win BotB and Amber to win POV. That's the only way to keep things interesting. But even then Victoria will probably just go home.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Frankie doesn't want Caleb gone, though. He DOES want Amber gone and barring that Donny or Jocasta. So leaving Zach in power and giving him the chance to take out Caleb is a bit of a risk. And its Zach. God knows what he'll do.

Frankie and Derrick will try and push for Amber to be the target instead of Caleb and Zach will probably be ok with that. Cody will want Caleb as the target but he has no backbone. Christine will want Donny/Jocasta (especially after making it blatantly obvious in Knockout) but she has no backbone by design.

We need to root for Zach to win BotB and Amber to win POV. That's the only way to keep things interesting. But even then Victoria will probably just go home.

I think Caleb goes home if that happens.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

I think STAC is right about the noms, Frankie looks terrible if he puts up Amber and Zach has her as basically a declared enemy.

Yeah, Frankie had to throw Cody under the bus last week to justify noming Amber after she started to freak out that she was exposable. If he does it again this week even Amber's going to be able to put this poo poo together.

But this is easy. Zach hates Victoria and Amber and Frankie hates Donny and Jocasta. The only hold ups are Team America and Zach and Victoria's secret deal, but Frankie and Zach don't give a poo poo about that stuff.

rafington posted:

I think Caleb goes home if that happens.

If Zach puts him up? Absolutely. If Derrick and Frankie mist him into putting up Nicole or Christine? Good bye, Victoria. Its hard to predict Zach.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Zach is a real wild card, I think Vic is the only likely nom for him. He is 100% the type of person too that will feel very strongly one way, and a good speech by someone else (cough: DONNY) will cause him to start running for the opposite direction full force. Zach would totally put up someone shocking, that'd be right up his alley. This is going to be an interesting week for sure. If you are making bets as far as who is most likely to make a serious bold game move, Zach is at the top of the list.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

WHO WANTS TO SEE OUR HOH ROOM

**doo-doo-doo-do-do**

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Wrong thread bro?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

Wrong thread bro?

Whoops

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When they kept talking about Frankie being able to see his grandfather, I was briefly imagining that they were going to be showing him pictures of the corpse.

Then I realized they just meant old pictures of him. I don't get why that would be a big deal.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Orange Sunshine posted:

When they kept talking about Frankie being able to see his grandfather, I was briefly imagining that they were going to be showing him pictures of the corpse.

Then I realized they just meant old pictures of him. I don't get why that would be a big deal.

Because the man just died, and maybe Frankie like'd to have some good memories of him to enjoy.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
DO THE PRODUCERS DELIBERATELY FIND ONE PERSON EACH SEASON LIKE ZACH WHO SHOUTS ALL THE TIME ?!

violetdragon posted:

Because the man just died, and maybe Frankie like'd to have some good memories of him to enjoy.

As a courtesy the houseguests should evict Frankie ASAP so he can properly mourn the loss.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 25, 2014

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

DO THE PRODUCERS DELIBERATELY FIND ONE PERSON EACH SEASON LIKE ZACH WHO SHOUTS ALL THE TIME ?!

As a courtesy the houseguests should evict Frankie ASAP so he can properly mourn the loss.

Was it Helen last season? I swear she was always shouting in the diary room.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The shouting in DR is pretty common and drives me insane. Total Drama Island on Cartoon Network mocks this pretty often. Which I, uh, have watched with my kid. Yeah. But in Zach's case, I think he's just freaking LOUD no matter what he does. On a scale of 1 to 10 for energy level, he's a 100.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!
Am I the only one who can't stand Zach? He irritates the hell out of me. Including his gator clap.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Aside from his overly loud DR thing, I kinda like him. He's exhausting to watch, though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Like him or hate him, he stirs up poo poo in the house, which is often a godsend for this show.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

violetdragon posted:

All 4 of my grandparents have died, as well as one of my aunts and one of my nieces. At no point after any of them died did I think to myself, "I MUST SEE PICTURES OF THEM".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness unless you were deployed in the military or in prison or something you probably weren't totally isolated from your family, loved ones, and any comfort.

Teek posted:

Like him or hate him, he stirs up poo poo in the house, which is often a godsend for this show.

Yeah, I hate Zach but he's invaluable to the feeds. He keeps things interesting.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Orange Sunshine posted:

All 4 of my grandparents have died, as well as one of my aunts and one of my nieces. At no point after any of them died did I think to myself, "I MUST SEE PICTURES OF THEM".

I got my first letter during boot camp after about 6 days and I cried like a baby, as did everyone else. Like STAC Goat said (what is up with that name, anyway?) being in an environment like that is very emotionally draining.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Orange Sunshine posted:

I get this mindset. Granted, I live 2,ooo miles away from most of my family so outside of phonecalls (which are very few and far between) I have very little contact with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and a shitload of cousins. As such, I don't have much of a connection with a vast majority of my family. Perhaps it's not the healthiest thing as a result but those are the cards I've been dealt.

I had come to grips that my grandmother had "died" years before she drew her last breath. She suffered from Alzheimer's so the grandma I knew and loved checked out a long long time before the reaper paid her a visit. I didn't shed a tear upon her passing because I felt it was welcome relief that she could finally rest wherever souls go if such a thing even exists.

I really haven't dealt with death and mortality first hand as of yet, it's always been from afar. I'm completely unsure what my coping mechanism will be when my mom or dad or my sisters and brother pass along with my nieces and nephews whom I am very close with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I lost my father at 19 and my coping mechanisms ranged from withdrawn quiet to uncontrollable weeping to heavy drinking to smoking his cigarettes despite never smoking at any other point in my life to working overtime to avoid going home to actually convincing myself I was just missing him when I came home infrequently. I ended up finally coming to terms with it 18 months later on my knees praying for one of the only times in my life in a cathedral on vacation.

Grief is a weird and unpredictable loving thing and I try not to judge people for the harmless ways they choose to mourn.

• Locked thread