Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Ekster posted:

haven't played a blizzard game since WoW came out, thrall is that orc moses guy they wanted to make some kind of adventure game out of ages ago that they axed right

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Ekster posted:

also I watched part of starcraft 2's campaign online and somehow raynor completely forgot swearing revenge on kerrigan at the end of brood war and is instead an alcoholic crying about his dream waifu he swore revenge to before

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It sucks that blizzard messed up so many of their recent releases but it gives me hope because the console ports had sane and rational decisions behind them.

Maybe they'll go back to being the non-poo poo blizzard of the 90's and early aughts.

I'd say the Protoss Expansion could possibly save SC2 with retcons and poo poo but that's a one in a billion chance. They need actual new properties at this point because other than Diablo 3 which they were able to salvage everything else is going to poo poo.

Their games can have really good art direction but all their systems have been gimping the overall game.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
diablo 3 is unsalvageable. jay wilson made sure of that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ekster posted:

also I watched part of starcraft 2's campaign online and somehow raynor completely forgot swearing revenge on kerrigan at the end of brood war and is instead an alcoholic crying about his dream waifu he swore revenge to before

there's a lot of really awkward situations like this even in the campaign itself where raynor makes some kind of blood oath and then forgets all about it in the next scene

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Coolguye posted:

there's a lot of really awkward situations like this even in the campaign itself where raynor makes some kind of blood oath and then forgets all about it in the next scene

I'm pretty sure Metzen forgot about each scene immediately after writing it, so he went into each one like it was a blank slate.

No wait, that's not it. He's just a loving lovely writer.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

the real hero in sc2 was tychus

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there a betting pool for how long th wow movie goes before 'corruption' is either mentioned explicitly or becomes a major plot point

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chief Queef posted:

is there a betting pool for how long th wow movie goes before 'corruption' is either mentioned explicitly or becomes a major plot point

Right in the beginning prologue when the earth was formed and the old gods roamed the earth.

They will start at the very beginning of everything because they're assuming that their writing is top notch and that people are so heavily invested in it that they will care. But nobody gives a poo poo about wow lore.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Chief Queef posted:

it will be a drinking game for suicidal people

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the alien demons spread the blight of insider trading, bribery, and embezzlement across the land

Dec 26, 2012

Chief Queef posted:

if there is im betting on 30 seconds or so

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

01011001 posted:

if there is im betting on 30 seconds or so

taking the long odds eh? i'm betting under 30s

Dec 26, 2012

i figure they have to establish something exists before it can get corrupted, is all

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

01011001 posted:

i figure they have to establish something exists before it can get corrupted, is all

oh true and there might be some music or something

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

california roll posted:

diablo 3 is unsalvageable. jay wilson made sure of that.

somebody never played ros

Chomp8645 posted:

To be honest trading card games went to poo poo with the rise of internet and never recovered. Magic and such was cool when you had to play in person. Without online guides or shops you ran across all manner of different decks and trading was actually fun an interesting since it was all done in the flesh. Everyone's collection and style was unique. Now every rear end in a top hat and his mother just looks up a list online and then buys it from an online card shop. Boring.

lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I guess what I was trying to say is that trading card games blow and you shouldn't play them.

Especially if that game is Hearthstone.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Add "Lost Vikings 3" to my list of games that will never be made.

Not unless they figure out how to monetize it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

01011001 posted:

not if it starts with narration that says something like "the corruption came so quickly..."

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
is corruption just people turning angry and purple, i have not played warcraft games

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

it makes them ice creatures in warcraft I think

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

is corruption just people turning angry and purple, i have not played warcraft games

You turn a weird color and skulls

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
this isnt one those "origin of black people according to mormons" kind of deals is it

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

this isnt one those "origin of black people according to mormons" kind of deals is it

The 1838 Missouri War was merely a setback.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

I guess what I was trying to say is that trading card games blow and you shouldn't play them.

Especially if that game is Hearthstone.

that's a very odd way of translating "things were better when i was 12"

magic owns

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013

BigLeafyTree posted:

oh true and there might be some music or something

90 minutes of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lax_kXfml94

gonna own

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

NO MY MOBA

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

SO EPIC

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
the wolf of warcraft. nobility, so corrupted

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

the problem with MOBAs is it seems like nobody knows how they work. designers, players, casters, Internet forum nerds... nobody. the genre originated in some kind of frankenstein pile of accidents, piling on of additions, and attempted fixes to problems. now there's something that has taken on a life of its own

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
uh im pretty sure you need a secret shop and then its moba???

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

vaucede posted:

uh im pretty sure you need a secret shop and then its moba???

you sound like a scrub bronze 5 trench 1k idiot, post your MMR or get out or 1v1 me mid SF only apemofbfbeidn

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013

BigLeafyTree posted:

you sound like a scrub bronze 5 trench 1k idiot, post your MMR or get out or 1v1 me mid SF only apemofbfbeidn

kiddo, i already mobed when you werent even born. my moba is much too strong for you, go play with the other mobies. you just dont mess with the mobest

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

01011001 posted:

old blizzard art has the quintessential highschool trapper keeper feel to it

Zybourne Clock sequel looking good

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't play WoW and I didn't take WC3's story seriously because it's a game where orcs ask me to stop poking them, but from what you guys are saying it sounds like Blizzard is basically just a comic book company at this point

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
yeah well, i mean...

the demon hunter had demon horns and also turned into a demon soooo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

quote:

okay so this character has to be really really badass so lets like mix wolverine with daredevil and give him demon powers and two klingon batleths the kids'll go apeshit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Are there really people who deeply care about Warcraft's lore in 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Blizzard hasn't made a good game since 1998

qnqnx posted:

Add "Lost Vikings 3" to my list of games that will never be made.
It's called Trine and it kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Chief Queef posted:

Are there really people who deeply care about Warcraft's lore in 2014

i really hope not

• Locked thread