Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Twee as gently caress posted:

nah that whole techies versus progressive thing is something that's really happening right now. basically being a leftist today is about as milquetoast and mainstream as you can be. two terms african-american democrat in the white house, next president gonna be a woman (clinton or warren) if the gop ever wins the presidency again it's gonna be someone like rubio or cruz, marketing firms have now replaced the 90s multicultural family with the post-nuclear lgbt reconstructed family in their ads, trans actors and actresses are getting in the spotlight and you're starting to have new legistlation regarding them everywhere

basically the whole culture war has been won by liberals, so now you're starting to get a counter-culture movement where people who want to say 'gently caress the man' are going to look to either become purer and purer ('Democrats? :jerkbag: Only Marxist-Leninism can save America! :ussr: ) or the opposite, a new influx of young intellectuals attracted to the conservative movement and trying to find an alternative to the GOP

that's why people rage so much against the SJWs etc.., they are basically the new tipper gore, church ladies and librarians talking about all the problematic and triggering things in the media and getting all huffy about it in their neo-puritan way

obviously that specific person is insane so it colors their understanding of what's happening and framing everything in a 'techie' kind of way in a weird internet echo chamber of like-minded individuals, but yeah the pendulum has started to swung the other way so get used to seeing more and more people like that

Wait how is "let's bring back monarchy" another version of leftist...I'm not really getting your point here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Wait how is "let's bring back monarchy" another version of leftist...I'm not really getting your point here

i never said that this person is a leftie i even mentioned that this particular person is insane

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
i'm not going to read any of this horseshit, but i'm just curious if this thread has turned into "gently caress everyone who works with computers" yet? tia, peace

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

twee as gently caress is a literal retard

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

BeanBandit posted:

i'm not going to read any of this horseshit, but i'm just curious if this thread has turned into "gently caress everyone who works with computers" yet? tia, peace

Kinda

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

BeanBandit posted:

More "gently caress silicon valley" than that

im pretty sure yospos or whoever would be having a good laugh at this person too

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I don't understand why people get so mad about things on the internet when it is literally the easiest place to marginalize / repress voices you don't want to hear. Thanks.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I don't understand why people get so mad about things on the internet when it is literally the easiest place to marginalize / repress voices you don't want to hear. Thanks.

Because she is a gay trans techie nazi duchess of soylent bitcoin and it is funny

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

d3c0y2 posted:

all that ye old timey bullshit annoys me, especially as it was still pronounced as a th sound. The different representations of a Y and the TH sound arrived with the printing press, but before then the words where still pronounced with a th, only the written representation was a y. (well it was the old digraph thorn, which looked a lot like y)

So it's completely ahistorical and just comes off as being a thick idiot pretending to be smart.
It's a phonological fedora

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Shut up and post more dork enlightenment cards

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
These people have completely fried their brains from taking Adderall to spend all night studying.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know part of why I miss the old GBS is this thread. Yeah, there was a lot of annoying news discussions and yes, things got way way way too PC there.

But in the new rules this utter comedy goldmine that could have spawned all kinds of hilarious content has been hijacked from page 1 into a string of "Tranny tranny tranny" posts and it's loving stupid. I know Lowtax commented recently in the rules about the racism thing, but ultimately a lot of potential for wit has been turned into the ramblings of a kid on Xbox Live.

Seriously. There hasn't been this level of what-the-fuckery quotes in a long time. I can think of very people who have even come close. In fact previously these kinds of threads might have even gotten attention outside of SA, but if anyone came here to read this thread (say from the front page article) they're going to get a damned bad impression.

Anyway, just saying. Some forum rules are good. It forces people to be creative or at least put in some effort in their posts at the least.

I agree. There's nothing wrong with trans people. I mean, obviously there's something wrong with Justine Tunney, but not because she's trans.

But anyway, thanks thread for letting me know what neo-reactionaries are. Now I know of some new people to hate. And reading her Twitter posts has been entertaining in a "oh wow, I can't believe there is a person like this" kinda way.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Do these guys have post obama voting syndrome or something, maybe, as well as addictions to methamphetamines? All their words and opinions are pretty confused, but also butt hurt

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
What is it this person does for Google? People saying narrow minded and bigoted things while getting to keep their job isn't too surprising. When they start declaring things like "I agree with parts of the unibomber's manifesto", you'd think men in suits would be knocking on their door.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Emanuel Collective posted:

Justine Tunney posted:
I speak from experience, because I know what janitors are like. I actually worked as a janitor when I was a teenager. They’re friendly hard-working people, but they’re dumb as bricks. So dumb in fact, that I almost feel embarrassed to admit having worked with them. But the only reason I’m acquainted with such dismal jobs is because my dad thought they built character. I also had a stint with the law as a teenager and was required to do community service—as a janitor (of course).

But I was still a genius programmer even back when I was scrubbing toilets. In fact, I was a child prodigy.

ughhhhh what a loving bitch how could anyone stand to be around a person who talks like this

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

fspades posted:

Shut up and post more dork enlightenment cards

Please post more of these

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Please post more of these

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
What TCG is that card art even from

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

lol

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

i wont be trapped so easily, you sneaky son of a bitch

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
twee as gently caress is mostly right, again

goons befuddled & angered by non-groupthink opinions, again

this is quite similar to what the Earl of Eunuchshire is saying re: ted kaczynski

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Idk but as soon as I'm out of lab I want to make one

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Because she is a gay trans techie nazi duchess of soylent bitcoin and it is funny

Justine Tunney has less than 2000 followers on twitter, and i'm sure a large fraction of those are people who follow her to tear down her Bad Opinions

If you really want to get her and people like her mad just tell them the truth: that in the long run her opinions don't matter, aren't worthwhile, and will be forgotten almost immediately after she tweets them. She's going to die alone and unloved with very little real influence on the world (and certainly much less than she thinks she has). Then unfollow / block her and never talk about her again.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Listen I also think the dork enlightenment is ridiculous but the truth is I'll sell you all out for a baronetcy.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Justine Tunney has less than 2000 followers on twitter, and i'm sure a large fraction of those are people who follow her to tear down her Bad Opinions

If you really want to get her and people like her mad just tell them the truth: that in the long run her opinions don't matter, aren't worthwhile, and will be forgotten almost immediately after she tweets them. She's going to die alone and unloved with very little real influence on the world (and certainly much less than she thinks she has). Then unfollow / block her and never talk about her again.

A Brief History of the Something Awful Forums

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Twee as gently caress posted:

nah that whole techies versus progressive thing is something that's really happening right now. basically being a leftist today is about as milquetoast and mainstream as you can be. two terms african-american democrat in the white house, next president gonna be a woman (clinton or warren) if the gop ever wins the presidency again it's gonna be someone like rubio or cruz, marketing firms have now replaced the 90s multicultural family with the post-nuclear lgbt reconstructed family in their ads, trans actors and actresses are getting in the spotlight and you're starting to have new legistlation regarding them everywhere

basically the whole culture war has been won by liberals, so now you're starting to get a counter-culture movement where people who want to say 'gently caress the man' are going to look to either become purer and purer ('Democrats? :jerkbag: Only Marxist-Leninism can save America! :ussr: ) or the opposite, a new influx of young intellectuals attracted to the conservative movement and trying to find an alternative to the GOP

that's why people rage so much against the SJWs etc.., they are basically the new tipper gore, church ladies and librarians talking about all the problematic and triggering things in the media and getting all huffy about it in their neo-puritan way

obviously that specific person is insane so it colors their understanding of what's happening and framing everything in a 'techie' kind of way in a weird internet echo chamber of like-minded individuals, but yeah the pendulum has started to swung the other way so get used to seeing more and more people like that

lol you're about as dumb as tunney

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I don't think you're quite getting the point of Something Awful, sport.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Majorian posted:

I don't think you're quite getting the point of Something Awful, sport.

yeah, silly me, i thought these were comedy forums

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

unlimited shrimp posted:

Listen I also think the dork enlightenment is ridiculous but the truth is I'll sell you all out for a baronetcy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

yeah, silly me, i thought these were comedy forums

Yes, ignoring hilariously dumb people - the benchmark of any true comedy site.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xaris posted:

yea shes just in it for the long haul trolling, there's no way this is real. i could believe maybe the first post but this is just too specially crafted to ruffle feathers which she is doing quite well so congrats to her; some goons could take a couple pages from this trolling 101

no this one makes sense too in a dumb way, she's using "queers" to mean anything outside of the binary, which is not an unheard of position alhtough it IS retarded

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

unlimited shrimp posted:

I actually descend from Russian nobility, so I could buy and sell you, baronetcy or none.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Majorian posted:

Yes, ignoring hilariously dumb people - the benchmark of any true comedy site.

but she's not hilariously dumb, she's being intentionally provocative. this isn't freep or something, and she's not engaging and digging in like so many dumb people online. she's more breitbart than anything else

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

but she's not hilariously dumb

Then maybe this thread isn't for you. A lot of us think she is.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the tweets posted in the OP seem pretty obviously rhetorical to me. I havent read any of her other tweets though

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Also,

and she's not engaging and digging in like so many dumb people online.

She seemed to engage Lowtax over twitter, so...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

she isn't trolling, guys- she sincerely has tech-nazi beliefs

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I mean, at some point I don't care. It doesn't make any difference - whether she believes this poo poo or not, some people definitely do. Poe's Law in action.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The funny thing to me is literally everybody at this point has a Medieval king, probably more than one, or at the very least a Roman Emperor in their background in the same sense that literally half the human race has Ghengis Khan in its ancestry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Like Alfred the Great was so long ago that I'm pretty sure 2/3ds of the Anglo race has him in there somewhere

• Locked thread