Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Maybe I am biased but i find it really difficult to make a vanilla Ariadna list that doesn't have a Veteran Kazak or Tankhunter for the Lieutenant any suggestions? I haven't tried using many of the special characters any of them stand out as good LT options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My store is packing Infinity in a BIG way recently:

The shelf above is all terrain for it, as is the right hand side. :stare:

e: For reference, where the boxes are used to be everything for Infinity, so it's grown a fair bit.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 25, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
drat! Where is that?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Firestorm Games, Cardiff. :)

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I am holding off on buying new minis until 3rd Edition finally hits.

Tonight at my store will be the TAG Team Battle - Human Sphere has to hold off waves of Combined Army forces in a last stand type fight, where the longer we hold out, the longer we delay reinforcements in the set piece finale on Sunday for the campaign.

I'm bringing a Cutter :getin:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Laphroaig posted:

Tonight at my store will be the TAG Team Battle - Human Sphere has to hold off waves of Combined Army forces in a last stand type fight, where the longer we hold out, the longer we delay reinforcements in the set piece finale on Sunday for the campaign.

Is the Cutter that good? I have not tried it yet. I have relied on Aguila for the heavy hitter spot in my lists.

Edit: I know it is good, but MSV3 is just so nice to have.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

dexefiend posted:

Is the Cutter that good?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Seriously though, yeah it's pretty drat good. It's still not anything a LFT and a glue gun wont take care of.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Is the Cutter that good? I have not tried it yet. I have relied on Aguila for the heavy hitter spot in my lists.

Edit: I know it is good, but MSV3 is just so nice to have.
Whenever the dudes at my store tell me they want a proper tournament practice game, the Cutter is the first thing to hit the table. It's that big of a deal. :v: Very strong model.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ed: Missing Orc:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 26, 2014

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Not a fan of the newer and bulkier PanO style (though it makes total sense thematically), but the Nomads... If these Nomad sculpts had been out when I first started playing the game, I wouldn't be playing Haqq and PanO. God drat those are nice.

(Aside from the usual combat heels idiocy on female sculpts.)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
poo poo. poo poo. That Nisse and Mobile Brigada. Even the Fusilier looks badass.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My penis cannot be contained HOLY poo poo.

E: Love the new PanO look, it just looks so much meatier, that said I do get annoyed at the random poo poo on bases approach, it makes my guys a base in the rear end to base. I want to do Urban for my new PanO stuff and this looks annoying.

The Mobil Brigada though, what a turn around from the old model, holy drat.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 26, 2014

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Is it possible to preorder Icestorm online in the US and if so which site is best? Because those models are amazing.

parabolic fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 26, 2014

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Well I guess I'm buying the starter all for myself then.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

I do get annoyed at the random poo poo on bases approach, it makes my guys a base in the rear end to base. I want to do Urban for my new PanO stuff and this looks annoying.
Dremel them out and replace with random urban poo poo? Come on, it's not like you get ugly stairs to lug around or something.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh for sure, I just can't stand doing it. I'd prefer it if they weren't added to anything and I wouldn't have to worry about it in the first place.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
I knew I was going to get it but holy poo poo. Haven't painted in a while but I'm definitely looking forward to jumping back on the wagon!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

And it's Infinity Week again over at BoW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKZl3v_5EeU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm a big fan of the CSU model as well. I've loved Briefcase/Laptop guns since I played Perfect Dark on the 64 as a kid.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
In all honesty, the miniatures that I really want out of this are the Alguaciles and the Reverend Healer. The former will wind up in their own box at some point, but the latter is going to be a huge pain to acquire.

e: In all seriousness this is one of the most fantastic line infantry sculpts I've ever seen:

Just need to switch the red for canary yellow and paint him up as Cat from Red Dwarf.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

He's a cool dude sculpt for sure and definitely looks part of the Corregidor Alguacils like you'd read in the fluff. The new Nomad rifles are growing on me too.

I think I like him the most because years ago I used to wear my hair like that, so I think he's an extra cool dude. My brotha represent.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 26, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone have a set of vectors for the faction logos, signs, prints etc, Im looking to cut some air brush stencils.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Holy poo poo, that Mobile Brigada. Wasn't going to get this because I don't play Pan-O or Nomads, but now I'm definitely grabbing it to paint up for demo purposes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm probably going to buy this and try to trade the nomad set for another Pan O set.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

If the battlemat turns out to be 2x4 I'll likely buy two just for a complete 4x4 of terrain.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

WAR FOOT posted:

If the battlemat turns out to be 2x4 I'll likely buy two just for a complete 4x4 of terrain.

I'm watching the unboxing video, and it looks like it's a 2x4 mat. The Corvus Belli dude says the terrain pack (mat + card structures) will be sold separately, so you don't have to buy two whole starter sets unless you just want to.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Oh, holy poo poo. Been tempted to cancel my preorder since I don't really need any of the new stuff, but gently caress that.

Absolutely worth it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm watching the unboxing video, and it looks like it's a 2x4 mat. The Corvus Belli dude says the terrain pack (mat + card structures) will be sold separately, so you don't have to buy two whole starter sets unless you just want to.

It seems like a silly thing, but the bit where the papercraft buildings are designed to be the same size as the cardboard army boxes they sell is pretty brilliant. You can assemble the buildings around the boxes to have extra heft and sturdiness on the table.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

THAT'S awesome. What a fantastically player-focused move.

And I know we all know Angel Giraldez is an amazing painter, but holy poo poo the quality of painting the stockings on that model is incredible.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 26, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm still freaking out over this set it's so damned good.

Sounds like there's some major change to the Lieutenant order, since they've got an openly visible token for it now. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

I'm a bit skeptical about this silhouette rating thing. I'm all for clarifying true LOS, but if it means trying to find and fiddle a little counter into perfect position every time, it might cause more trouble than it relieves. I suspect they could have probably better simplified the system by using low vis zones in points of contention, but we'll see what this thing is. Interesting that they're really gunning for mitigating the complaints of tournament play.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm watching the unboxing video, and it looks like it's a 2x4 mat.
The mat is 2' x 3'.

WAR FOOT posted:

And I know we all know Angel Giraldez is an amazing painter, but holy poo poo the quality of painting the stockings on that model is incredible.
I don't know if it's Giraldez or "his disciple", but the overall painting level in these minis is noticeably lower than what we've gotten used to (I'm talking pics not the actual handled minis that Bostria said were painted by a different guy). That said, I still want a tutorial for those stockings.

Fix posted:

Sounds like there's some major change to the Lieutenant order, since they've got an openly visible token for it now. Anyone know what the deal with that is?
LoL will change in a major way - LoL will now make your troops irregular for a turn instead of leaving you with 2 orders, hence the shitload of yellow markers; also, using your LT order will reveal who your LT is.

Fix posted:

It seems like a silly thing, but the bit where the papercraft buildings are designed to be the same size as the cardboard army boxes they sell is pretty brilliant. You can assemble the buildings around the boxes to have extra heft and sturdiness on the table.
Not to mention the buildings are a bit larger than 3 containers, so you can stack them for transport or extra LOF obstacle.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 26, 2014

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

Fix posted:

I'm still freaking out over this set it's so damned good.

I'm super excited too! This'll be my first foray into the world of Infinity and it looks like a great start.

Fix posted:

I'm a bit skeptical about this silhouette rating thing. I'm all for clarifying true LOS, but if it means trying to find and fiddle a little counter into perfect position every time, it might cause more trouble than it relieves. I suspect they could have probably better simplified the system by using low vis zones in points of contention, but we'll see what this thing is. Interesting that they're really gunning for mitigating the complaints of tournament play.

As long as it's clear and especially if they supply measurements for the silhouettes it should be good. Warmachine/Hordes has it so each base size has a specified height for line of sight purposes. Granted, this rarely comes up in the game, but it is there in the rules for when it's applicable.

I think it'd be as easy as using a measuring tool next to the required mini to determine the actual size. Warmahordes has markings on the their spray template for the corresponding heights. Infinity could have something similar through one of the laser-cutting vendors.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Only another guy and I are interested in Infinity at my club and we both like nomads. I guess we'll buy one starter set each! :v:

E: whats the cost gonna be?

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 26, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

Only another guy and I are interested in Infinity at my club and we both like nomads. I guess we'll buy one starter set each! :v:

E: whats the cost gonna be?
It's been posted before but I can't remember, but it's around the £70-£80 area I think.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

For a little more context, this weekend is the finale to our campaign on Svalarheima, with three major set-pieces to tie up the story. Last night was the TAG battle to hold back reinforcements from interfering with the final boss battle. Tonight is the Human Sphere raid on a Combined Army space ship, to prevent them from pulling the trigger on blowing up the archeotech objective we've all been fighting over. Sunday is the big boss battle with Tohaa, who has control of the archeotech and become possessed by it.

The TAG battle was pretty cool! Laphroaig had his Cutter, I had a Maghariba Guard, and our traitorous Yu Jing player, (standing in for the non traitorous one) had a Gūijiă. We were hoping for 1 or 2 more players to be present, so things were looking pretty grim to start out. We picked what table edge we wanted and deployed, and a few infected miners wielding rifles and weaponized plasma cutters (AP Fire, small template) were set up on the opposite side of the board. Ever round after, waves of infected miners came onto board edges as a randomized AD:Parachutist roll.

We each had 3 orders to spend, and there were crates on the board that were searchable with a WIP roll to give us a specialized booty table. We could get ammo types that didn't deplete burst, recover lost structure, or get extra orders to our order pools. Oh, and we also had Modifications that we could take that changed our stats. I had +2 armor at a loss of 2 inches on my first movement value. Laphroaig gave up his Multi HMG to get a Burst 3 AP Explosive cannon. The Yu-Jing Player took a form of TAG Martial Arts that gave him an extra First Strike CC attack, at the cost of -1 BS.

On the first turn we focused our efforts on getting the miners off of the rooftops to cut down on enemy AROs, Laphroaig took out most of them on the left side of the board, Yu-Jing got the right side, and I did cleanup. Unfortunately the randomized AD got Laphroaig in template distance and proved how nasty the combination of AP Fire is. Turn 2 was mostly Yu-Jing's show, with him cleaning up the right side of the board but taking 2 structure in the process. I contributed very little, holding the center of the table and making a few pot shots on hard targets. Turn 3 saw the Gūijiă fall and left me by myself. I retreated toward the back table edge in an attempt to prevent miners from passing over the edge, one of their two win conditions, with the other being no TAGS left, which was coming fast. On turn 4, I reached the back edge and set up a suppressive fire template straight across the back line, earning me 8 kills but 2 structure. Turn 5, I fell to a plasma cutter, but still felt pretty drat good.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Baron Snow posted:

TAG BATTLE!

This sounds rad as hell.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

The TAG battle
I need the full rules to help motivate me towards painting my TAGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
It was set up with enemy reinforcements coming in as per parachutists - rolling 1-6 to see which sector they landed in (couldn't land in our deployment zone). All enemies were impetuous irregular, so essentially two orders each. The goal was to hold out for as long as possible before getting overwhelmed, and the scenario was balanced for 5 TAGs - but only 3 players showed up. So it was rough going. I died in Round 1 to a pile of enemies spawning directly next to me and throwing direct template weapons at me - AP Fire small templates, DMG 13, needed to roll 10s, rolled a 1 and a 6 followed by a 2 and a 6, dead. After the first turn we realized we needed to pull back as far as possible and just concentrate on 1 sector; if we were to do the fight again, we could probably buy 1 or 2 more rounds, but basically Baron Snow passing his armor saves bought us a 5th round which was better than the 3 rounds we were expecting to get, so it all worked out.

I'll be bringing a Zero-G PanO strike team for the game tonight

Scenario Missions posted:

Mission 1 – Raid on the Astaphanos:

Briefing: Having fled back to his flagship, the Astaphanos, Elohiem has broken through the Human Sphere Blockade and entered a low orbit above Svalarheima. He intends to destroy the Digestor with an orbital bombardment that will reduce the surface of the planet to little but glass. Luckily, a Marathon Class Vessel, the Polemarch, has managed to give chase. Now the Polemarch and her crew are about to attempt one of the most daring boarding operations in Human Sphere history, a close proximity Zero-G jump ship to ship. It’s now or never, take the leap, seize the bridge, and stop Elohiem before it is too late.

What to Expect: Ready yourselves for a game full of furious Ship to Ship Combat, Alternative Airborne Deployments, Zero-G environments, Hacking, and CQC.

What is at Stake: CA victory means the destruction of the planet and an abrupt end to Mission 3. HS victory means AD reinforcements and air support for Mission 3.

When is it Going Down?: Saturday, 7/26/2014, 5 PM

Notable Participants:

Eloheimn and Crew: (Combined Army)

Boarding Party Alpha: (Aleph)

Boarding Party Bravo: Currently Unfilled (Nomads)

Boarding Party Charlie: Currently Unfilled (Haqqislam)

Mission 2 – TAG Team Alamo:

Briefing: Brave pilots climb inside Tactical Armored Gear for one last mission. Their goal – Buy the rest of the Human Sphere forces as much time as they can.

What to Expect: Up to 5 Non-Tohaa HS Players may each bring one TAG from their faction’s army list free of cost and regardless of SWC, Point Cost, or AVA. No two TAGs may be derived from the same troop profile. Retreat! AND Loss of Lieutenant rules do not apply. Work together to survive as long as you can against endless escalating waves of enemies.

What is at Stake: Every Round you and your TAG teammates survive will delay the arrival of enemy reinforcements in Mission 3 further. Sell your lives dearly to hold the Line.

When is it Going Down?: Friday, 7/25/2014, 5 PM

Notable Participants:

Cutter:

Dragões: (Didn't show up)

Maghariba Guard:

Gūijiă:

Mission 3 – Yaldabaoth Awakened:

Briefing: It is the eleventh hour. With the Digestor Doomsday device just moments away from activation, the Human Sphere rallies for one last desperate attempt to capture or destroy it.

What to Expect: The Finale! A colossal game with many tables and participants. In this engagement the Digestor has a Troop Profile-So be warned. It will take everything you have got to win this one.

What is at Stake: Fight your way to the center table, and decide the Fate of Svalarheima and perhaps the rest of the Sphere as well!

When is it Going Down?: Sunday, 7/27/2014, 5 PM

Notable Participants:

The Digestor (Center Table):

Tohaa Technocult (Center Table):

Tohaa Trident:

Mutant Miners: Currently Unfilled

The Hungries Swarm: Currently Unfilled

Yu Jing:

Pan Oceania:

Haqqislam:

Other: Currently Unfilled

Laphroaig fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 26, 2014