Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Any idea who the blonde female character immediately to Falcap's left is?

She-Hulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Considering she's as big as Blue Marvel and there's an S on her chest I'd wager it's She-Hulk.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

A new Sentry maybe?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Falcon's left not your left. (I also don't know the answer to this.)

I'm just laughing at what I picture Spider-Man's thinking. "Thanks you flying assholes!"

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

IUG posted:

Falcon's left not your left. (I also don't know the answer to this.)

Pretty sure those three are White Tiger, Power Man, and Luke Cage.

It's basically the previous team but with Falcon as Captain America now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This is team multicultural right? Maybe they ought to throw in War Machine and make that Avengers 4.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So the preview for New Avengers #21's out. Um holy poo poo :stare:

Also, nice nod to TDKR. I guess there's no doubt about who Sun God is.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Holy Christ that escalated quickly

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What's the DKR reference? I missed it...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's called the last 30 years of mainstream comics.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Boo, looks like Blade won't be sticking around in MA for season 2. I guess some motherfuckers always gotta be ice skating off on their own. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FoneBone posted:

What's the DKR reference? I missed it...

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
Anyone read Avengers World? How many future version of the the Marvel Universe or the Avengers are there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Mighty Avengers is going away as previously rumored. But it's being replaced by Captain America and The Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing and Luke Ross. No more Land!!!

Hey cool, Kick-rear end is joining the Avengers.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Psychlone posted:

Anyone read Avengers World? How many future version of the the Marvel Universe or the Avengers are there?

A whole metric fuckton? I mean not just counting the alternate universe ongoing series or imprints but there's also alternate realities that are introduced for just one story. Every What-If is basically its own universe.

But no, I'm not reading Avengers World.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah marvel has no fixed number of alternate realities. It's just millions and millions of different universes.

And all of them have Wolverine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Hey cool, Kick-rear end is joining the Avengers.

Also apparently 9/11 no longer happened in the Marvel universe.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah marvel has no fixed number of alternate realities. It's just millions and millions of different universes.

And all of them have Wolverine.

And the exact same Mojo.

(Except the Ultimate Universe, but that Mojo doesn't count)

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm guessing that is going to be SpOck that joins the team when they bring him back. I'm so excited.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

They aren't bringing Spock back, he's just going to be in some flashback issues.

The outline looks more like Migel O Hara.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Waterhaul posted:

They aren't bringing Spock back, he's just going to be in some flashback issues.

Miguel would be a much better fit. Btw I wasn't saying I am excited about SpOck coming back(or not), I'm excited about Greg Land not being on that book anymore.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

It's missing his "cape" thingy though. And isn't he in the future?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Vincent posted:

It's missing his "cape" thingy though. And isn't he in the future?

He's here now. And Osborn is his dad or something I think.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

Miguel O'Hara Stacy?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Nevvy Z posted:

His Dad was always the evil head of an evil corporation and now he's trying to protect his great-something-grandfather so he doesn't get wiped from existence. Of course it means he's not actually Irish-Mexican so dock some diversity points from Mighty.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

His Dad was always the evil head of an evil corporation and now he's trying to protect his great-something-grandfather so he doesn't get wiped from existence. Of course it means he's not actually Irish-Mexican so dock some diversity points from Mighty.

How do you get that he can't be Irish-Mexican?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Senor Candle posted:

How do you get that he can't be Irish-Mexican?

Well his Irish heritage was supposed to be from his Irish Cop father's side but he's actually the result of an affair with the WASPiest guy to ever run an evil mega corporation.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

Well his Irish heritage was supposed to be from his Irish Cop father's side but he's actually the result of an affair with the WASPiest guy to ever run an evil mega corporation.

Oh ok I thought you were implying that what is happening right now invalidates that. I didn't know it was already established.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm not sure it docks any "diversity points" when a guy who thought he was Irish/Mexican is actually Some Other White Guy/Mexican.

His mom actually kinda kicked rear end, as I recall.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Wanderer posted:

I'm not sure it docks any "diversity points" when a guy who thought he was Irish/Mexican is actually Some Other White Guy/Mexican.

His mom actually kinda kicked rear end, as I recall.

There's no kinda to it, most of Conchata Ohara's panel time could go in the badass panel, she survived an overwhelming Atlanten force with nothing but a shotgun.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God I love New Avengers. I just wish that Marvel did midnight releases (yeah its a common bitch from me), I already have my codes loaded in and accepted, but until they go up, I have to just wait. I just really love how New Avengers has been building for the last year and paying off. It's just been fabulous and really is a constant example of why I love comics.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 30, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New Avengers should be renamed Namor Gets poo poo Done.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Any difference whether to read A or NA first?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

redbackground posted:

Any difference whether to read A or NA first?

A is still Caps time travel adventure. NA is still NA v Justice League v Doctor Strange.

Secret Avengers is also still pretty great.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

A is still Caps time travel adventure. NA is still NA v Justice League v Doctor Strange.

Secret Avengers is also still pretty great.

I thought the consensus was that SA was crappy...it isn't...welp time to buy more comics.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He may be a total god drat dick....but that was a plus in this issue. Loved it, just wish it covered more then 10-20 minutes, ie I wished it didn't end (which is really a compliment).

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

gfanikf posted:

I thought the consensus was that SA was crappy...it isn't...welp time to buy more comics.

It was until the most recent #1 which gave it a new creative team.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wow, New Avengers this week was :stare: , that was great. Namor blew up a planet, and was like gently caress your morals, I'm saving everyone on the goddamn planet

That was pretty amazing.

Oh is Secret Avengers now good, I'll have to check it out.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
New Avengers was great although the shift to Larroca for the final few pages was jarring as his art looks nothing like Schiti's. I know we needed a conclusion to the Great Society arc but I can't wait to see more of what Maximus and Black Swan are plotting, the few pages of that we got this issue was such a tease.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

New Avengers was great although the shift to Larroca for the final few pages was jarring as his art looks nothing like Schiti's.
Now now, I'd say Larroca's art is actually pretty schiti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Secret Avengers is delightful and entertaining.

The guy at my LCS was asking me how it was when I picked up #5, and I said it was really fun, which prompted the greatest sentence I have heard at a comic shop ever:

"Oh, I hate fun."

Basically you should all try it. There are some surprisingly thoughtful conversations between Maria Hill and MODOK, which isn't something I knew I wanted before. Hope this helps.

• Locked thread