Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It seems like there are enough demo kiosks in this building that the demo sweepstakes may have been for an actual 3DS demo and not just "we'll let you play the game at a kiosk".

I wonder how much a 3DS would be worth on ebay that had a Smash demo installed with the game another couple of months away

Finlander posted:

Man, for someone so worried about autists and aspergians you have a really specific definition of fun that you're really bitchy and angry about when it's not met and even when it is
is it that specific, there just happens to be a lot of similar-looking/playing stages in these builds

a lot of delfino-y stages too

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What a lame Sheik. gently caress you.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
This guy doesn't understand that moves do more knockback when you're at 300%.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That guy really doesn't understand what 300% Sudden Death means.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
"Sheik's needles knock you back THAT MUCH!"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

If only kirby could DUCK those knives or something. They are so unpredictable.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Not sure about brawl, but in melee needles don't hit you that far at all even at that high of percentages. Think that's what they're comparing it to.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just started watching the stream.

Holy hell you guys were not joking about Bowser :stare:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Quest For Glory II posted:

It seems like there are enough demo kiosks in this building that the demo sweepstakes may have been for an actual 3DS demo and not just "we'll let you play the game at a kiosk".

I wonder how much a 3DS would be worth on ebay that had a Smash demo installed with the game another couple of months away

Sadly it is actually that they're physically bringing you demo rigs. Pictures I've seen even make it look like they've got the systems tethered to the handlers, so you can't just try and sprint away with it or something. I really, really don't know why they don't just release a demo to everyone. Hell, if they're worried about it not being polished yet make it an actual point in the advertising it. "Help balance Smash! Download the demo and send us your feedback!"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Uh oh, this boswer knows how to grab! poo poo just got real.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Why is Bowser flashing?

Also Bowser dropkicks are OP

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Sadly it is actually that they're physically bringing you demo rigs. Pictures I've seen even make it look like they've got the systems tethered to the handlers, so you can't just try and sprint away with it or something. I really, really don't know why they don't just release a demo to everyone. Hell, if they're worried about it not being polished yet make it an actual point in the advertising it. "Help balance Smash! Download the demo and send us your feedback!"
That's weird since they have kiosks in this building and they should have them on the con floor as well

Thing about a Smash demo though is that it would have to be much more restricted than these builds, like limited to 4 fighters and 2 stages and no online support, singleplayer-only, and that might be a bad representation of the game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Why is Bowser flashing?

The flashing is a visual indicator of having high damage.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after that lameass finish so glad sheik got outplayed, thought he'd figure it out that bowser was playing smart keeping to the endzone and doing grabs but no

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Because it would take approximately 20 minutes for the demo to be datamined and ruin the entire roster from the latent files on it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
So on the left side of the screen I saw what looked like still art of Bayonetta in a Smash Video. Is it just rolling through a bunch of Nintendo stuff? I've only seen Smash on there so far.

edit: Left of the commentator guys I mean

should have taken a screencap, it was there for several seconds.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

THE loving MOON posted:

So on the left side of the screen I saw what looked like still art of Bayonetta in a Smash Video. Is it just rolling through a bunch of Nintendo stuff? I've only seen Smash on there so far.

Various games are showing up there. Hyrule Warriors art has been appearing too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

THE loving MOON posted:

It's cycling through a bunch of Smash trailers, and then a 'Go to this hotel to play these games!' ad which lists Bayonetta 2, smash, and some other stuff.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Because the standard userbase of any game is generally awful and would just prompt a flood of complaints about unbalanced or buggy or whatnot, they'd need to set up a centralized feedback location (aka a forum) and then take care of it, you'd get a shitton of spurious bug reports, random people would feel entitled they have a right to dictate balance, etc etc.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Not sure about brawl, but in melee needles don't hit you that far at all even at that high of percentages. Think that's what they're comparing it to.

I highly doubt these commentators know such a minute detail

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ah well alright then. drat. :(

edit: The 3DS version looks really good. Better than Brawl, after accounting for the resolution.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope the game gets at least one more direct dedicated to it before release, in August or September, one that was like the last Smash direct with the fakeouts and stuff

e: TROLLED BY THE BRIDGE

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Hahaha that bridge KO

TwitchCannon
Jul 12, 2002

It's all about versatility, honey - I'm a pitcher and a catcher.
"The Blast Zone. The Blast Zone! The Blast?"

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I bet the dude playing Luigi is pissed.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Bobby's a nice name.

brb on fire
May 12, 2013
So is it just me or is that red electric effect you see when people get hit nearly always signify a KO-ing hit? Like, I've seen moves that didn't hit very hard at all get it and result in a kill.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

No one played Bowser in brawl I guess, there is a sever lack of using his up+b on the ground to chase and set up.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

brb on fire posted:

So is it just me or is that red electric effect you see when people get hit nearly always signify a KO-ing hit? Like, I've seen moves that didn't hit very hard at all get it and result in a kill.

It's a new effect in SSB4 that shows up at high percentages to indicate the attack will probably KO.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Holy crap, that Bowser mirror. I think I want more heavyweight slugfests rather than light character keep-aways, that was intense.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That Bowser match was real fun to watch! If Ganondorf isn't in, I might actually consider playing Bowser. He looks fun to play as now :aaa:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

brb on fire posted:

That's what the effect means in the first place, so no, it's not just you.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Your Computer posted:

That Bowser match was real fun to watch! If Ganondorf isn't in, I might actually consider playing Bowser. He looks fun to play as now :aaa:

Protip: Bowser is fun as hell in brawl.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drop kick science

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

brb on fire posted:

Didn't that Miiverse post say they only happened at high percentages?
E: Blah this is what I get for trying to find the miiverse post.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Abusing his position of power to get free Pokemon. For shame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol bowser menacingly walking towards them

brb on fire
May 12, 2013
I figured it was that, it just that the effect also seems to take the direction of the launch and the proximity of the blast zone into consideration as well as the raw launch force, which I thought was neat.

Bowser seems strong as hell and this pleases me, although I wish they'd go on a non-walkoff stage to see what he's like off the edge.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bowser looks SO loving SATISFYING to land hits with, drat. I wonder if we're gonna see a trend with heavy characters getting moves with superarmor, to back up their bulk and slowness. God, I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Play keepaway more, scrubs.

• Locked thread