Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

A magazine full of tracers on a night fire range makes the M4A1 even more awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Ive heard that for 10 years now.

http://www.army.mil/article/126553/Beefier_carbines_en_route_to_Soldiers/

500,000 M4 carbines.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Has there been any word on when the new uniform pattern will be phased in?

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Mustang posted:

Has there been any word on when the new uniform pattern will be phased in?

1 year as far as I am TRACKING

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

A magazine full of tracers on a night fire range makes the M4A1 even more awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSJ8-3UeTQ

Anansi The Spider posted:

Drop.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Tie a buffer power cord around your neck then throw the buffer and yourself out of a second story barracks window.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I've heard that multicams will be allowed to be worn in the interim, but I suspect that's just a rumor started by the retards in my unit that threw away their ACUs before we left CONUS.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Since the Army actually hasn't said poo poo, it's all hearsay until that point.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Since the Army actually hasn't said poo poo, it's all hearsay until that point.

Believe when you're wearing it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah a bunch of people trashed them because they "read about it in Army times" and didn't want to spend the $20 to mail $500 worth of uniforms home (which you can claim on your travel voucher), despite our insistence that until the official word came, we'd still be wearing ACUs. You can't fix stupid.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

psydude posted:

Yeah a bunch of people trashed them because they "read about it in Army times" and didn't want to spend the $20 to mail $500 worth of uniforms home (which you can claim on your travel voucher), despite our insistence that until the official word came, we'd still be wearing ACUs. You can't fix stupid.

There were kids who threw their ACUs away right after we turned blue, it was great. I have 16 Short-R tops and Medium short trousers now.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
why would you want that many? how the gently caress do you even have room for that much poo poo?

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why would you want that many? how the gently caress do you even have room for that much poo poo?

I've got a massive stack of ACUs, and poo poo I don't have much in my locker, 16 ACUS, 7 PT sets, duffle bag, civilian clothesx4 pairs,shoes under bunk, I've got a decently large area to put poo poo around my bunk.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wait, what kind of barracks are you in where you still have a bunk?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DoktorLoken posted:

The barracks of trolling the gently caress out of you guys.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

DoktorLoken posted:

Why would I not have a bunk? They're rooms ontop of the building where the soldiers train, 1 bunk, 1 wall locker, rest of the space is free for usage, which i have utilized as a desk space and area where I can stretch out prior to Pt formation

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Why would I not have a bunk? They're rooms ontop of the building where the soldiers train, 1 bunk, 1 wall locker, rest of the space is free for usage, which i have utilized as a desk space and area where I can stretch out prior to Pt formationmasturbate furiously

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I've got a massive stack of ACUs, and poo poo I don't have much in my locker, 16 ACUS, 7 PT sets, duffle bag, civilian clothesx4 pairs,shoes under bunk, I've got a decently large area to put poo poo around my bunk.

why dont you sell some of those extra uniforms out in town?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think(hope) he is so indoctrinated that he is using bunk to refer to "bed" and not assuming that every active duty enlisted sleeps on a bunkbed.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm getting the image that he's claiming to live on the top floor of whatever lovely old starship barracks or whatever. Literally in BCT for his entire first duty station. The GiP example of what not to do.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You're at Benning; go volunteer for regiment. I imagine being stuck as BCT cadre for your entire contract is enough motivation to not quit. There should even be a recruiter right there on Sand Hill, they're more than eager to get warm bodies.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
He needs the extra room for his MRE collection; the uniforms are probably what he accepts from the kiddies for dip when they run out of cash.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

He needs the extra room for his MRE collection; the uniforms are probably what he accepts from the kiddies for dip when they run out of cash.

lol, nah they never run out of cash,
Oh poo poo PAY DAY In 6 DAYS gently caress yeah im going to make massive dosh on the 1st - the 5th. Only another $15,000 to save up until my Mustang will be a reality, sitting infront of the Battalion parking lot so E5s can see me get into it thinking "HAHA idiot private bought a mustang, think of his car payments, they must be half his paycheck" WELL gently caress YOU HAHAHAHAHA PAID IN FULL BITCH

If I make around 2 or 3 grand a month off of dip cigarettes and candy I should have enough to buy a loving house at the end of my 3 years, or a nice Lambo, whichever is the first impulse when I wake up thinking "gently caress, another 3 years to go"

as I count my 20$ bills I have started to realize that I actually like being a bct cadre. It's fun, and profitable as gently caress for a piece of poo poo drug pusher like myself.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
If I were a billy goat I'd be scared as gently caress to meet Anansi in the vicinity of a bridge.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

lol, nah they never run out of cash,
Oh poo poo PAY DAY In 6 DAYS gently caress yeah im going to make massive dosh on the 1st - the 5th. Only another $15,000 to save up until my Mustang will be a reality, sitting infront of the Battalion parking lot so E5s can see me get into it thinking "HAHA idiot private bought a mustang, think of his car payments, they must be half his paycheck" WELL gently caress YOU HAHAHAHAHA PAID IN FULL BITCH

If I make around 2 or 3 grand a month off of dip cigarettes and candy I should have enough to buy a loving house at the end of my 3 years, or a nice Lambo, whichever is the first impulse when I wake up thinking "gently caress, another 3 years to go"

as I count my 20$ bills I have started to realize that I actually like being a bct cadre. It's fun, and profitable as gently caress for a piece of poo poo drug pusher like myself.

Yeah, so, maybe nobody told you but permanent party to IET soldier relations can get you massively hosed up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'd say stop selling contraband to boots or you're going to end up masted and busted the gently caress down when you get caught.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I encourage you to keep doing this. You seem like a smart guy and no one here is really giving you your proper due.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd say stop selling contraband to boots or you're going to end up masted and busted the gently caress down when you get caught.

What's the difference between e3 and e1 for him really?

He should keep doing this.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

I encourage you to keep doing this. You seem like a smart guy and no one here is really giving you your proper due.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Spur rides over, success. Drank so much water to stay hydrated that I od'd and began puking everything out 3/4ths through. 10/10 would not shave tail again, we're holding another one later in the year where we get to be cadre, the cycle of hazing enriching history into cavalrymen continues.

gently caress the NBC and medical Lanes.

Anansi, hey there man, be careful with that poo poo or you'll end up as a red/green stripe message on the wall in front of our training room.

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 26, 2014

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

worth the mustang + apartment $$. besides No one i've sold to even knows my real name. I stole some kids acu name tapes so it's not like I'm in any real danger, and I sell in mass quantity to a few individuals, like I sell logs for 100$, they flip them for 200. And I have a guy who I buy from way off post, so really no danger, the kids I sell to are shitlings anyway they make money so they don't give a gently caress.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

worth the mustang + apartment $$. besides No one i've sold to even knows my real name. I stole some kids acu name tapes so it's not like I'm in any real danger, and I sell in mass quantity to a few individuals, like I sell logs for 100$, they flip them for 200. And I have a guy who I buy from way off post, so really no danger, the kids I sell to are shitlings anyway they make money so they don't give a gently caress.

Lmao CID is gonna love you :allears:

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Flikken posted:

Lmao CID is gonna love you :allears:

probably, I still get 3 hots and a cot either way

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You sound like the world's dumbest weed hookup.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Trying to be some kind of Milo Minderbinder?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The worst part is knowing that even if he isn't a troll, when he inevitably gets caught he'll just pull an IDR and disappear. :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
He's gotta be a troll. No one this dumb can exist. Granted, this is the US military we're talking about and all. But still. I want to believe. I really, really do.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Considering based on his posts and some minor googling, you can almost assuredly figure out what company he is in.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

DoktorLoken posted:

Considering based on his posts and some minor googling, you can almost assuredly figure out what company he is in.

Yea but he does all of his illicit activity while wearing someone else's nametape. He's a few steps ahead of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
In the off chance this is all real anansi, you do know that permanent party messing with IET in anyway is REAL REAL REAL bad, correct?

• Locked thread