Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Deakul posted:

That looks awful.

What's with the shoelace/corset get up and the straps everywhere? Is he going to a bondage club?

As Thea gets more hardcore he has to dress appropriately to appeal to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Rarity posted:

There's no way the CW would let him do Ninja Warrior while Arrow's airing. They wouldn't want to risk him injuring himself and screwing up filming.

He'd be more likely to get injured with the stunts he does on the show and the training he does in the parkour gym than he would running the ANW coarse. He pretty much trains the same way they all do anyway. It's also the same place several of the big names on ANW go too. I think he should give it a go. If nothing else, we know he has the salmon ladder down.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Scyantific posted:

More Arrow news!

Key points:
-Laurel will be headed down the path of Black Canary
-More backstory on the Malcolm/Thea team-up
-John Diggle: vigilante, father.
-Sarah's coming back for a specific reason. More Ra's al Ghul confirmation?
-Suicide Squad is coming back, eventually.

Ugh to the first spoiler point. Ugh to the thousandth degree. I mean I've never supported the cliché of killing the love interest, but darned if I wish they'd just kill her off already. I thought Sarah and her past with Oliver was more much interesting.

Also can we have a Suicide Squad spinoff please? Pretty please? Someone needs to lure Gail Simone to become a tv writer and work on that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

That looks awful.

What's with the shoelace/corset get up and the straps everywhere? Is he going to a bondage club?

That's archer 101.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Roy's entire storyline last year was just a cheesy BDSM novel.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ashez2ashes posted:

Also can we have a Suicide Squad spinoff please? Pretty please? Someone needs to lure Gail Simone to become a tv writer and work on that.

If they do another suicide squad episode, they better not waste Black Dynamite Bronze Tiger like they did last time. :colbert:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the Red Arrow getup is cool and all, but I'm really having trouble believing Roy could be any real threat with a bow. Flashback Ollie has had nothing to do all day every day for two years so far, and I don't think even he's shown off any amazing archery skills yet. Roy gets injected with a drug that gives him unrelated powers(which he's subsequently cured of) and suddenly he's competent enough with a bow to get his own hood? I just hope they come up with a plausible reason(other than, "Well that's what he does in the comic") for why he's running around with a bow instead of Ollie and Diggle just training him to fight.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Well at least they got one thing about her right.

Murder Woman is the kind of crap that terrible writers do.

Diana's whole deal is being the Ambassador of Peace which guys like Perez ran with and Azz has been doing the whole "Diana defeats her enemies and makes them allies" routine.

Part of her creation involved Marston believing that women needed role models that didn't just resort to violence all the time like men and reformed their enemies through love.

Thinking Diana goes around killing all her enemies because she's a 'warrior' misses the whole goddamn point of the character.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

bango skank posted:

I think the Red Arrow getup is cool and all, but I'm really having trouble believing Roy could be any real threat with a bow. Flashback Ollie has had nothing to do all day every day for two years so far, and I don't think even he's shown off any amazing archery skills yet. Roy gets injected with a drug that gives him unrelated powers(which he's subsequently cured of) and suddenly he's competent enough with a bow to get his own hood? I just hope they come up with a plausible reason(other than, "Well that's what he does in the comic") for why he's running around with a bow instead of Ollie and Diggle just training him to fight.

Well, we don't know how good he's going to be with it yet. He might just be sorta-ok-with-a-bow-sidekick-guy.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Deakul posted:

That looks awful.

It's so you can move. Leather is not really flexible, you need something that would allow it to give.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's how they stitched stuff back in the day. Who gives a gently caress, it looks baddass

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ashez2ashes posted:

Someone needs to lure Gail Simone to become a tv writer and work on that.

What on earth is wrong with you?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Murder Woman is the kind of crap that terrible writers do.

Diana's whole deal is being the Ambassador of Peace which guys like Perez ran with and Azz has been doing the whole "Diana defeats her enemies and makes them allies" routine.

Part of her creation involved Marston believing that women needed role models that didn't just resort to violence all the time like men and reformed their enemies through love.

Thinking Diana goes around killing all her enemies because she's a 'warrior' misses the whole goddamn point of the character.

The less the character sources from that gimp Marston, the better.

I'm honestly fine if Wonder Woman kills occasionally, the way a cop or policeman does to give her some contrast, but some interpretations make her just so gleeful about it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bango skank posted:

When Oliver, Sarah and Slade first attacked the freighter, Oliver lit a pyre on the beach quite a ways from where he was. Flashback Ollie's not Arrow yet, but he's improved a lot.

Sarah and Oliver were training Roy in archery a lot in the Quiver. With that training plus six months, I think he could be competent. Not Olympic level or Oliver level, but good enough to patrol the streets in a crime-depressed Starling City.

Also, if Roy and Oliver patrol separately and they keep it quiet that there's two of them, he might be able to get away with criminals thinking he's Oliver and making GBS threads their pants.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Rhyno posted:

What on earth is wrong with you?

What's wrong with you? Gail Simone is too good for lame DCNU. She's great at writing dialogue and that would translate well to tv I think. I would actually like to see her make more original properties, but I digress.

Roy looks fine, in my opinion. 'Dark Speedy' or whatever thing Thea is going to do is probably going to be the cringe worthy getup.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Some Numbers posted:

When Oliver, Sarah and Slade first attacked the freighter, Oliver lit a pyre on the beach quite a ways from where he was. Flashback Ollie's not Arrow yet, but he's improved a lot.

Sarah and Oliver were training Roy in archery a lot in the Quiver. With that training plus six months, I think he could be competent. Not Olympic level or Oliver level, but good enough to patrol the streets in a crime-depressed Starling City.

I'm assuming that is where the arsenal bit will come in, he will have more gadgets to off set his lack of skill maybe?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I hope we find out where Sarah got the Canary scream device this season.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
Does it matter? She got it from the league probably.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Pigbog posted:

There can be no ambiguity in my comic book television show.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Pigbog posted:

Well we've never seen members of the league use it. And it's a little high tech for their ninja like ways.

I'm guessing she got it somewhere else and I'd be interested to see where.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, there should be a story there. The league is bows and swords.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, there should be a story there. The league is bows and swords.

And ribbons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That reminds me. I think it's pretty funny in hindsight that the guy from the League that came to get Sarah early in season 2 said "I find it strange that anyone still uses arrows" and then it turns out that the entire League uses arrows.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

New Flash Comic-Con promo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LU-WUc8bs

Love the references in there. Also it seems that Flash will eventually break the sound barrier in the series.

The crossword has GRODD and ALLEN as solutions, and the billboard straight up says PALMER TECHNOLOGIES on it

E: Promo != clip

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 25, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a promo not a clip but it loving rules especially the Flash reflected in those aviators.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Scyantific posted:

Should've been Jay Chandrasekhar as the cop

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That ad is so good.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LU-WUc8bs

Love the references in there. Also it seems that Flash will eventually break the sound barrier in the series.

The crossword has GRODD and ALLEN as solutions, and the billboard straight up says PALMER TECHNOLOGIES on it

E: Promo != clip

Palmer Technologies: Bigger isn't always better

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The odds for Ollie shooting Roy on an arrow this season has to be even money, right?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Klungar posted:

The odds for Ollie shooting Roy on an arrow this season has to be even money, right?

I hope you mean Ray.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

I hope you mean Ray.

Why not both? Ollie shoots an arrow with Roy, who grows, and shoots an arrow with Ray.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfgthhsuUb8

Awwwwww yeah, Season 3 trailer. First part is an S2 recap, then we get new footage.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
^^^^^^^^
There are a couple basic story spoilers in there, be forewarned. And a quick look at Arsenal suit Roy in action.

There's nothing about Barrowman or Thea in that, which is probably intentional.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I've been waiting almost a year for that last line.

Also the other stuff was pretty cool.

Interesting that Brandon Routh's Powerpoint features the name "Star City."

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 26, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Some Numbers posted:

I've been waiting almost a year for that last line

It's really a compelling line

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Beaten with the trailer link but...wow, hyped! October is too far away.

Was that Ra's Al Ghul talking about identity? It had to be right?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Hixalot posted:

Beaten with the trailer link but...wow, hyped! October is too far away.

Was that Ra's Al Ghul talking about identity? It had to be right?

I think it's just Katana's husband.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BreakAtmo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfgthhsuUb8

Awwwwww yeah, Season 3 trailer. First part is an S2 recap, then we get new footage.

So excited.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

There's no way the CW would let him do Ninja Warrior while Arrow's airing. They wouldn't want to risk him injuring himself and screwing up filming.

Let Diggle go first. Problem solved.

howe_sam posted:

Should've been Jay Chandrasekhar as the cop

Mother of God!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leave it to Oliver to turn his first date with Felicity into a goddamn disaster.

• Locked thread