Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Mercurius posted:

Oops. Unfortunately EST is even worse, that's like 7:30am on Sunday my time :(

Its uhh 6pm EST. If people could post what time would work best for them in EST I can schedule something for next week that works for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Exmond posted:

Its uhh 6pm EST. If people could post what time would work best for them in EST I can schedule something for next week that works for everyone!
6PM EST is probably fine for everyone else, I'm just in :australia: (which never mixes well for organised stuff in MMOs) and read the time you posted initially wrong as plat pointed out :downs:.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

That's about 9:30am for me, but it would also require me to patch, and subsequently remember how to play, this game.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
^^ I don't know where you got 9:30 from, it's 11am on a Sunday so I probably won't be available.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Mercurius posted:

that's like 7:30am on Sunday my time :(

I don't reading comprehension so good, and make assumptions.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So what time would work well then? Next week we could do something at 9pm EST maybe?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Exmond posted:

So what time would work well then? Next week we could do something at 9pm EST maybe?

I am coming into this conversation a bit late but what do you need a group for? If we are talking something sub-nightmare dungeons or the raid it might almost be easier to hop on mumble and see if EvilBillMurray (Len on the forums) is alive. He has been haunting the mumble server and can usually get a few more people who are over geared for elite dungeons and other groupie stuff.

If we somehow have 2-3 goons who are looking for elite dungeons Len and I (or anyone with leech healing) can do those. Do we have more than one goon looking for the elite dungeon runs?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Hey would you guys be interested in running some dungeons sometime? Or maybe doing some lairs and trying to summon one of those bosses?

Maybe schedule something on saturday?

Prefect was up for doing dungeons but he isn't nightmare ready so we are going to do elites.

Bunch of goons replied and were up for it, just trying to coordinate something where we can all get together.

I just want to get a group together to do some stuff. Maybe move up to nightmares or the New York Raid without having to deal with the LFG channel looking for 1.8s or that crazy math formula they ask for.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

I am coming into this conversation a bit late but what do you need a group for? If we are talking something sub-nightmare dungeons or the raid it might almost be easier to hop on mumble and see if EvilBillMurray (Len on the forums) is alive. He has been haunting the mumble server and can usually get a few more people who are over geared for elite dungeons and other groupie stuff.

If we somehow have 2-3 goons who are looking for elite dungeons Len and I (or anyone with leech healing) can do those. Do we have more than one goon looking for the elite dungeon runs?

This is true. If I'm home I'm in the Ohio Own Zone on mumble. Usually not doing anything else and I'm not against slumming it though some lower tier dungeons. I never made a leech heal set but I have sets for any other role.

Feel free to drop in and see what I'm up to.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Okay so for tommorow we are starting at 6pm EST. In game name is Clause and Ill be in the #awful channel and mumble! Hopefully we can get enough people to do some elite dungeon runs!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm thinking about slumming some elites right now actually. If anyone wants to sign into mumble to join in you're more than welcome.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

20 minutes to go. I don't plan to actually sign in unless we have enough bodies for dungeons.

Edit: Find me in mumble. I'm in the Rustbelt 4 Ever channel.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
So far its me and prefect in the game. I got a buddy that can run the dungeons as well. We are in mumble in the Setting Rivers on Fire, and we are also in the awful chat channel.

Edit: We got a full team! Woooo!

Edit: Did 4-5 elite dungeons and had some great times! Ill organize something for next weekend so our aussie friends can participate!

Exmond fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 20, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
That was a lot of fun; thanks to the people who dragged me along for the ride. (Even if I didn't get all the lore. :argh:)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

That was a lot of fun; thanks to the people who dragged me along for the ride. (Even if I didn't get all the lore. :argh:)

You can get lore on your own time. That was Platbeard Time the most valuable of time.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright so what timezone is everyone in? Mercurial you said "Oceanic" but uhh thats a lot of timezones.

If we scheduled something next week, either dungeons or lairs, who would be interested and what timezone and time works for you? Was thinking maybe Saturday at 8pm EST? Or Sunday at 3pm EST?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Exmond posted:

Allright so what timezone is everyone in? Mercurial you said "Oceanic" but uhh thats a lot of timezones.

If we scheduled something next week, either dungeons or lairs, who would be interested and what timezone and time works for you? Was thinking maybe Saturday at 8pm EST? Or Sunday at 3pm EST?
I am +9:30 GMT in Australia (ACST). This is one of the only MMOs I know of where half the active goon population are in Australia or New Zealand.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

[*Futti|Game Master]: Hey there! I wanted to follow up and let you know that we are aware that this situation can still occur with the Haughbui Mother, and are looking in to the matter at this very moment. In the meantime while I do understand how this situation may be frustrating, I am unable to provide you with any loot that may have not been dropped and I do apologize for the difficulties.

Two years and still going strong!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Len posted:

Two years and still going strong!

We need :xcom: but FUNCOM.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Remember how my thread on the TSW forums about trust between players and GMs being broken got closed?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

Remember how my thread on the TSW forums about trust between players and GMs being broken got closed?

Yep. I even told him that's just another example of the GMs being forced to give the players incorrect information.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
There's a teaser for some new bioware game, and it mostly made me want a single-player Secret World RPG. Here's hoping it's that, and that in interviews they cite The Secret World as an inspiration. And not Indigo Prophecy.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cheston posted:

There's a teaser for some new bioware game, and it mostly made me want a single-player Secret World RPG. Here's hoping it's that, and that in interviews they cite The Secret World as an inspiration. And not Indigo Prophecy.
I got an email from bioware saying "you have been chosen" with a picture of a knocked over lamp and my first thought was the TSW intro. Forgot to actually watch the trailer once I was at my pc though and now I'm phonebound again - did it look any good?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Pilchenstein posted:

I got an email from bioware saying "you have been chosen" with a picture of a knocked over lamp and my first thought was the TSW intro. Forgot to actually watch the trailer once I was at my pc though and now I'm phonebound again - did it look any good?

It was all live-action. It looked... paranormal? I didn't get the impression that everything would be true.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

It looked okay, very similar to the initial TSW trailers which is definitely a plus. I'd be happy for more urban rpg and at least it isn't Funcom.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Kegslayer posted:

at least it isn't Funcom.
It's bioware though, so odds are good that it'll have the same plot as literally everything they've ever done (ancient evil returns to destroy us all) and cack combat but people will flip their poo poo because romances!

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

It's bioware though, so odds are good that it'll have the same plot as literally everything they've ever done (ancient evil returns to destroy us all) and cack combat but people will flip their poo poo because romances!

Yeah I pretty much expect to be able to gently caress romance every party member so long as I give them enough 'gifts' because that's how human relationships work :suicide:.

That said more supernatural urban games are not a bad thing and it'd be great if they just outright stole all the good parts of TSW like the lore and the investigation missions and such to make a great rpg.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

Yeah I pretty much expect to be able to gently caress romance every party member so long as I give them enough 'gifts' because that's how human relationships work :suicide:.

That said more supernatural urban games are not a bad thing and it'd be great if they just outright stole all the good parts of TSW like the lore and the investigation missions and such to make a great rpg.

I miss my bromances with Platbeard, Rasheed, Mayushii and Thwoompa.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Kegslayer posted:

Yeah I pretty much expect to be able to gently caress romance watch a Lionel Richie video of every party member so long as I give them enough 'gifts' because that's how human relationships work :suicide:.
That was what you meant to say, right? :v:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey guys I haven't really had time to plan anything for this weekend. Ill be on on saturday hanging out in mumble and the #awful chat channel if people want to run dungeons or lairs

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

HughGRect posted:

I miss my bromances with Platbeard, Rasheed, Mayushii and Thwoompa.

I am hurt.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

guppy posted:

I am hurt.

I knew I would miss a few of the bromancers like you, Frankie, Dorito, Corzen, Cheston, Zepho, and Drinkfist. I'm sure there are others I heart them too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We should get the gang back together and do a raid. For old times sake.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Len posted:

It would go so poorly. Just like the old days!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

It would go so poorly. Just like the old days!

Those are the best two hours of my week, except when it goes well. Then it is the best 15 minutes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Those are the best two hours of my week, except when it goes well. Then it is the best 15 minutes.

Agreed.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Would somebody pick up the loving chicken?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Would somebody pick up the loving chicken?

I would, but I am usually in the Anima Well by then. I like getting fisted by Cthulhu.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Pilchenstein posted:

If this is the one they hired Failbetter for, the writing could be a lot better than the usual Biowank. It could also be an entirely new flavour of intolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Len posted:

I would be willing to push buttons and stand in filth.

• Locked thread