Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Hot Toys DeLorean is amazing. I'll get some shots of it tomorrow (I'm sure you can find some now with a small bit of looking).

It's easily going to be $400 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Hot Toys Gamora. That sculpt.

Wow I couldn't even see those gold eye details in stills/promos for the actual movie. That's some quality right there (and a nice subtle nod to the original Gamora design).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They have REALLY stepped up the game since the Black Widow figure from The Avengers. I forget if they offered one for Iron Man 2, but I remember the first Widow not really looking all that spectacular.

Gamora is looking amazing though. Face sculpt is dead on perfect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've done a Widow for all 3 movies she's in.

The Cap 2 one looks really good too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Aaaand Agent Venom's sold out already. That's what I get for waiting until after I get paid to buy things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Aaaand Agent Venom's sold out already. That's what I get for waiting until after I get paid to buy things.

Dude, it was a preorder. They don't charge until it ships.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Sideshow Collectables now has the Marvel comics license

Well poo poo, goodbye money.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

loving FINALLY! I've been waiting years for that Sentry figure!!

Seriously, it's renewed my flagging interest in the line. It's also the reason I just dropped $200 on that drat SDCC Legends set....

That entire wave looks gold.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving Delorean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bushifox posted:

Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but it looks like sideshow is giving away free allegiance packages for their court of the dead stuff. (maybe you had to do the survey?) I got this one: Flesh

Also have

Bone

Spirit

and entering myfaction for the promo code got it free.
I did the quiz and got Flesh, where is the allegiance package?

Edit-- new NECA pics of the upcoming Alien figures, including Ripley.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 25, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sideshow's Flash has the derpiest face:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Xenomrph posted:

I did the quiz and got Flesh, where is the allegiance package?

Edit-- new NECA pics of the upcoming Alien figures, including Ripley.

I linked all three.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Why yes, I am checking the loving Walgreen's site of all things 5 times to see if they free up any more Agent Venom stock :shepface:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Sanschel posted:

Sideshow's Flash has the derpiest face:

"Pfft. Try and run away? You do know who I am right? I run at LIGHT SPEED you dense motherfucker. Yea, go ahead and get in the car and drive away at a whopping 90mph. I'll give a little jog in a moment when I finish my starbucks, you loving plebe." :smug:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got a buddy to grab me an ML set and a Predator. Can't decide if I want to play the HTS game next week just for the excitement

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm gonna have to play the HTS roulette next week, think I'll just stick to the Legends set.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
I assume HTS is the Hasbro online store? They'll have the exclusives up there next week?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

This Marvel Select Cable, holy poo poo:

Sometimes I wonder if I should have just collected Marvel Select. Wish they were the same scale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man, that NECA Ripley is the most disappointing thing. Looks absolutely nothing like her. At all. In any way. Now, I'm hoping it's just for weird licensing reasoning, but if that's seriously their final-ish sculpt, then gently caress NECA forever.

The Hot Toys Alien Ripley looks pretty good though. I'd rather have an Aliens Ripley, but not with a Power Loader.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What? It looks just fine ...

There is some slight deviation in the eye structure but past that it's a drat good likeness.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Sometimes I wonder if I should have just collected Marvel Select. Wish they were the same scale.

Man, that's the Cable figure I wished I could get in 1991, when I was 13. But people are saying it's short for a Marvel Select figure, so it might fit in perfectly with the shorter Legends. If I get it, it'll be my first Select figure.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hello Carnage with claw hands. I'm excited for Cable also, but I do love me spiderman foes. Maybe a Hobgoblin or Scorpion is in the mix. Has there been a list released of upcoming?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

therealjon_ posted:

What? It looks just fine ...

There is some slight deviation in the eye structure but past that it's a drat good likeness.

The eyes kill it for me then. It just doesn't look like her. 9 times out of 10 I'm OK with it not being a perfect likeness. But this figure was in the "works" so to speak for years and years. I kinda would like a perfect Ripley. I mean, I'm still going to buy it, but gently caress.

Even Hot Toys' one is kinda off.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Speaking of Hot Toys, here's a decent shot of the DeLorean I took earlier today.

Who wants to play Over/Under? My guess is $450.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Does it having a fluxing flux capacitor?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

The eyes kill it for me then. It just doesn't look like her. 9 times out of 10 I'm OK with it not being a perfect likeness. But this figure was in the "works" so to speak for years and years. I kinda would like a perfect Ripley. I mean, I'm still going to buy it, but gently caress.

Sigourney Weaver is like Harrison Ford and it seems impossible to translate her into plastic. Toys range from abysmal to something not quite right.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

For my money, the NECA one looks better than the Hot Toys one.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I think the NECA one looks fine. For a 20 dollar mass market figure I am not expecting Hot Toys quality, and even so I think the sculpt and paint look perfectly fine. It looks like Ripley from Alien to me.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

That Cable would probably be just fine with a Marvel Legends set. Remember that it's 90's Cable and they always drew him like he was 9 feet tall and wider than a truck. He'll fit right in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, that Ripley is good enough. NECA does pretty ok with their movie line faces recently. They nailed Schwarzenegger especially.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe I was too harsh. But this is kind of the :airquote: holy grail :airquote: figure for me. Ripley is one of my all time favorite characters. Maybe it'll look nicer when it comes out. I dunno.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Via thefwoosh.com

It's about time.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Djarum posted:

I think the NECA one looks fine. For a 20 dollar mass market figure I am not expecting Hot Toys quality, and even so I think the sculpt and paint look perfectly fine. It looks like Ripley from Alien to me.
The Hot Toys one, on the other hand, looks pretty bad by Hot Toys standards.

Maybe it's just photographed poorly, but for my money the NECA one is a better buy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Beanpants posted:

Via thefwoosh.com

It's about time.

gently caress. Yes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Mattel is sending out emails informing people that 2015 is the final year and the line will end.

Club exclusive is a naked he-man named Oo-lar. But he's just a naked heman he doesn't even have shoes. I love that Arrow is nothing but a horse with a Mohawk, it will fit will with Swiftwind the luchador Pegasus.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 27, 2014

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Thanos shmanos. The cool kids are all about Coulson:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Sweet, I'm glad that Coulson, Fury and Hill are all getting Legends figures. They have all been pretty important to the overall MCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bought a set of Superman and Batman maquette's on Ebay last night. Been watching them for weeks, made a best off that was rejected. Got a notice that the item's price was lowered and it listed free shipping so the auction went from $200 total to $144 so gently caress yeah I bought it. I'm just puzzled because my Best Offer was for $160.

Edit: I have an unopened Marvel Select Flash Thompson Venom, anyone interested? Looks like they run $75-90.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 27, 2014

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Does anyone have a list of the various onsale times for certain sites offering SDCC stuff this morning? I don't know who all is doing it this year, but figured I would try and get a few exclusives if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
A bit of an oddball question but does anyone know what other figures use the ML Infinite Carnage body? I'm not a huge ML guy and I would like to use that body style for a custom.