Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The aristocracy are aristocracy because they were born to aristocratic families. Not because they were inherently better than anyone else. I guess that in the middle ages even the dumbest aristocrat would have a head start on much more intelligent lowborn people on account of having access to books and tutors and poo poo that the peasants didn't but that doesn't really apply now what with the abundance of books and public education and all. Aristocracy is based on birth and/or ownership of land not talent. I guess you could argue that the reason people are nobility in the first place is because some ancestor of theirs was really good at killing people and taking their poo poo but comparing yourself to nobility in order to argue how great and smart you are is really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm totally in favour of rounding the Techies up and guillotining them though.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

FreudianSlippers posted:

The aristocracy are aristocracy because they were born to aristocratic families. Not because they were inherently better than anyone else. I guess that in the middle ages even the dumbest aristocrat would have a head start on much more intelligent lowborn people on account of having access to books and tutors and poo poo that the peasants didn't but that doesn't really apply now what with the abundance of books and public education and all. Aristocracy is based on birth and/or ownership of land not talent. I guess you could argue that the reason people are nobility in the first place is because some ancestor of theirs was really good at killing people and taking their poo poo but comparing yourself to nobility in order to argue how great and smart you are is really stupid.

it's almost like her ideology is incoherent nonsense on its face, and everyone already realizes this without all the words

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Look, don't laugh about this person being a transman.

Do laugh about this person being a very ugly woman with the persona of a mentally unstable male nerd and a penis.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Yeah, but to be fair, it was easy enough for them to fall from grace. Look at Roger Mortimer, or any of the de Veres, in English history.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lik every enouveau riche invents tenuous or patently false aristorcartic lineage check

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

FreudianSlippers posted:

One of the kings of Spain was a literal drooling retard

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm totally in favour of rounding the Techies up and guillotining them though.

u can't they'd just suicide and explode u first!!!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

thats what makes killing them so hard

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but to be fair, it was easy enough for them to fall from grace. Look at Roger Mortimer, or any of the de Veres, in English history.

Downward mobility has always existed on some level if you're a big enough fuckup AND unlucky

poo poo even Goldman Sachs fires people

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I await the day when the Lords of the Valley create through inbreeding and genetic engineering the modern-day equivalent of the "Hapsburg jaw." Then you'll know by sight if someone is Innovative and Disruptive.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

technie jihad waiting anxiously breath bated oo

LOL TECHNIE JIHAD HEAVEN IS FULL OF VBIRGINS

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

uber_stoat posted:

I await the day when the Lords of the Valley create through inbreeding and genetic engineering the modern-day equivalent of the "Hapsburg jaw." Then you'll know by sight if someone is Innovative and Disruptive.

I think it's called Google Glass

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

When I think about how our modern ideas of time developed around the needs and basis of agricultural production I realize it is too late, my mind has been immutably altered by the relentless assault of the cornocracy, and I grip my scythe and weep

This loving post

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Techies are just the autistic tinkerer gnomes that actual functioning people keep around because they fix stuff. Everyone knows we can never put them in charge because of things like that Nokia video game console and bitcoins.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

natetimm posted:

Techies are just the autistic tinkerer gnomes that actual functioning people keep around because they fix stuff. Everyone knows we can never put them in charge because of things like that Nokia video game console and bitcoins.

So long as their big plans for seizing power are things like "internet poll to replace the President with a CEO of America" and "declare a boat anchored off the San Franscisco shoreline an independent state where mom can't ever tell them to clean up their room" I think they'll continue to find exactly their level without anyone else's help

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

technie jihad waiting anxiously breath bated oo

LOL TECHNIE JIHAD HEAVEN IS FULL OF VBIRGINS

Actually that'd be amusing if it was regular Jihad heaven.. "I was promised virgins, but this is not what I signed on for!"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

natetimm posted:

what they don't realize is that when all those future captains of industry were their "friends" for a week in middle school it was cuz said CoIs just wanted the nerds to do their group assignment for them

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

So long as their big plans for seizing power are things like "internet poll to replace the President with a CEO of America" and "declare a boat anchored off the San Franscisco shoreline an independent state where mom can't ever tell them to clean up their room" I think they'll continue to find exactly their level without anyone else's help

Conquer an African Island and displace the population so they can create their dragon-dick utopia.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dragondick old chinese remedy for lack of vigor

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

I wonder how far a 21st century snake oil salesman could get in silicon valley

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The Droid posted:

I wonder how far a 21st century snake oil salesman could get in silicon valley

He could sell overpriced, trendy bullshit to people until he died of pancreatic cancer.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I found a magic card generator

http://www.mtgcardmaker.com

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

natetimm posted:

He could sell overpriced, trendy bullshit to people until he died of pancreatic cancer.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Sometimes you wonder how a human could look at another human's suffering and not only not care, but enjoy it. Then you see that photo.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
if im a techie is it ok to tuck while wearing my human skin woman suit tia

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

whos dat

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the dark enlightenment

so edge

such philosophy

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

the dark enlightenment

so edge

such philosophy

such anime

should have sent adtrw

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOK3JEQRGw

Equally annoyed by feminists

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
What the gently caress is this

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

dont know but would jerk it to "judge bitch"

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Thinking Housewife is me

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

rofl femininity is in the corner by itself without connection to any other dark enlightenment "philosophy"

i bet sunshine mary likes that

e: also ETHNO NATIONALISTS ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Maoist Pussy posted:

Look, don't laugh about this person being a transman.

Do laugh about this person being a very ugly woman with the persona of a mentally unstable male nerd and a penis.

Trans people aren't mentally ill.
Tunney is mentally ill.
Therefore Tunney isn't trans.

This infallible logic has now freed us all to laugh.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Bullshit I can't even find jack Donovan on there (gay masculinist guy)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

like, can you get through the phrase ETHNO NATIONALIST while describing your political position without at some point realizing you're a protofascist? unless you're brown then it's okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
HBD is the scientific racism stuff

Hbdchick

- are you really a chick?

- yes, i’m really a chick, i.e. a human of the female persuasion.

- are you a dyke?

- no. (not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

- how did you get into hbd?

- well, i’ve always been interested in history/anthropology/human origins; it just sorta followed somehow. one day i googled something about genetics and found gnxp @seed magazine (now @discover), which led me to steve sailer, and so on, and so on ….

- not many girls are into hbd-stuff.

- well, i’m kinda geeky.

- but you’re into other girlie stuff like chick flicks, right?

- no (except, admittedly, for costume dramas!). favorite movies include: star wars (the original ones, i.e. the only ones), alien (one and two), spaghetti westerns, film noirs, etc.

- are you *sure* you’re not a guy?

- yup. dos equis here. had ‘em checked and everything!

- “the exception that proves the rule.” what’s that all about?

- “The exception that proves the rule.”

- soooo, what do you look like? are you hot?

- thanks for asking, but i’m not in the market. (~_^)

• Locked thread