Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

krispykremessuck posted:

I'm looking forward to your storied army career and eventual appointment as sma

gently caress that I'm gonna be a high speed low drag operator. My nickname will be "Blade"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Don't join AD combat arms :(

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

terrez posted:

Don't join AD :(

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Question, I'm planning on going to MEPs a week from today for the Navy. I'm really, really hoping for CTN to be available. My scores qualify, I've got my Bachelor's(although not in an IT related field), etc. If it's available, I should see it, right? My questions are, if it's not available is the Navy able to "pull" a job, like the Army recruiter was claiming two years back that they could do? Also, what happens if I go down there, don't see CTN, and go home? Can the recruiter refuse to take me down there the following month?

I really, really do not want to go down and sign for a job that isn't interesting.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Why are you enlisting with a degree? Have you not explored commissioning opportunities?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hekk posted:

Why are you enlisting with a degree? Have you not explored commissioning opportunities?

I've looked into it, but I don't think it'll really be an option with my major, which is Political Science.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Your major doesn't really matter much. Hell, the school hardly does at all!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There's more to it then just your major, for the Army anyway which would be your best bet at getting an OCS contract. I just finished the OCS enlistment process the other day, they do a "whole man" approach when you go in front of the board. They'll look at your GPA, work experience, leadership experience, extracurricular activities, hobbies, and ask you a bunch of questions related to leadership and what you have to offer the service(Army in my case).

My degree is related to yours, International Relations but arguably more relevant to the military but you shouldn't have any problem spinning it into plus. For instance I'm sure anyone with a Political Science degree keeps up with current events.

If you can score highly on the PT test (270+), have a decent GPA, good letters of recommendation and do some studying on leadership, particularly as it relates to the military, then you stand a fairly good shot at landing an Army OCS contract.

You will most likely be the only person pursuing an OCS contract in your recruiting battalions area.

Before you sign any contract with the Navy you should go talk to the Army recruiter about an OCS contract. Your major isn't all that important.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Zotix posted:

I've looked into it, but I don't think it'll really be an option with my major, which is Political Science.

The Navy doesn't care what your major was. Seriously. There are tons of pilots flying around with history degrees. And Poli Sci is probably one of the better majors for an officer, IMO, especially if you stick around for a while. You're working for a government organization, after all.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

gleep gloop posted:

Your major doesn't really matter much. Hell, the school hardly does at all!

Following up on this, an easy major is actually to your benefit as long as it paid off with a good GPA. A 3.5 in "government studies" from East Central Christian College of Des Moines is, to officer selection, better than a 2.0 in electrical engineering from MIT. It's a very good system and it's why we see such top notch talent in our officer ranks.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Best Friends posted:

Following up on this, an easy major is actually to your benefit as long as it paid off with a good GPA. A 3.5 in "government studies" from East Central Christian College of Des Moines is, to officer selection, better than a 2.0 in electrical engineering from MIT. It's a very good system and it's why we see such top notch talent in our officer ranks.

Lmao sounds about right.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

I met a LTJG who was a Rhodes Scholar.
She was billeted as Auxo on a DDG.
I lol'd.

Folly
May 26, 2010
How difficult would it be to get a Top Secret clearance by enlisting in the Air Force Reserves?

This isn't for me, it's for my brother. He plans to enlist on Monday, and he called me because I'm a lawyer and he's heard enough recruiting stories to want a second set of eyes on his contract. But he doesn't have his contract yet, and can't seem to get it in advance, so I asked him about his plans.

So here's his plan, as I understand it. He wants to work in the defense industry. The best way to do that is with a Top Secret clearance and some military experience. He believes that he can get both through Air Force Reserve job code 1C3X1. Everything I've seen makes that sound impossible. But he spent about 18mos as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan, which is where, I gather, he came up with this plan. I assume he's talked to a lot of soldiers and has a better handle on the odds than I do.

I don't know of anything in his history that would disqualify him from top secret. And if it's relevant, he has a degree but his GPA is too low to go for a commission.

Can someone give me a quick gut-level check on whether his plan seems plausible or even possible?

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Doing recruiter's assistance, there's a 19 year old girl who's graduating college with a business degree (bus. admin or somethin idk). 19. Bachelor's degree. Supposedly her dad is like Lord Enlisted, God of Marines and she wants to be a badass like daddy.

She's enlisting to do EOD.

:smith:

To be fair there were 4 navy chicks when I was at school not too long ago and they were all progressing fine so who knows.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

terrez posted:

Doing recruiter's assistance, there's a 19 year old girl who's graduating college with a business degree (bus. admin or somethin idk). 19. Bachelor's degree. Supposedly her dad is like Lord Enlisted, God of Marines and she wants to be a badass like daddy.

Living out your military fantasies while also trying to lead a productive life when not deployed is what God made the reserves for. Let her know and save her much grief.

edit - also sorry to hear her dad hates her so much he's letting her go active duty.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Folly posted:

How difficult would it be to get a Top Secret clearance by enlisting in the Air Force Reserves?

This isn't for me, it's for my brother. He plans to enlist on Monday, and he called me because I'm a lawyer and he's heard enough recruiting stories to want a second set of eyes on his contract. But he doesn't have his contract yet, and can't seem to get it in advance, so I asked him about his plans.

So here's his plan, as I understand it. He wants to work in the defense industry. The best way to do that is with a Top Secret clearance and some military experience. He believes that he can get both through Air Force Reserve job code 1C3X1. Everything I've seen makes that sound impossible. But he spent about 18mos as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan, which is where, I gather, he came up with this plan. I assume he's talked to a lot of soldiers and has a better handle on the odds than I do.

I don't know of anything in his history that would disqualify him from top secret. And if it's relevant, he has a degree but his GPA is too low to go for a commission.

Can someone give me a quick gut-level check on whether his plan seems plausible or even possible?

lmao at every part of this

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Zotix posted:

Question, I'm planning on going to MEPs a week from today for the Navy. I'm really, really hoping for CTN to be available. My scores qualify, I've got my Bachelor's(although not in an IT related field), etc. If it's available, I should see it, right? My questions are, if it's not available is the Navy able to "pull" a job, like the Army recruiter was claiming two years back that they could do? Also, what happens if I go down there, don't see CTN, and go home? Can the recruiter refuse to take me down there the following month?

I really, really do not want to go down and sign for a job that isn't interesting.

The Navy is squeezing so many baby CTNs through the pipeline it's almost as constantly packed as your mother.

If you decide to enlist with a degree for some dumb reason it should be available

Folly
May 26, 2010

krispykremessuck posted:

lmao at every part of this

So that's a "no" I take it. Which part? And how bad?

He says he has 2 buddies that have done this, but they had different job codes. One is an active duty linguist and the other is "in the reserves can't talk about it" but apparently he at least told my brother the job code, but my brother can't remember what it is.

My brother speaks German at some passable level. Would that help him?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Folly posted:

So that's a "no" I take it. Which part? And how bad?

He says he has 2 buddies that have done this, but they had different job codes. One is an active duty linguist and the other is "in the reserves can't talk about it" but apparently he at least told my brother the job code, but my brother can't remember what it is.

My brother speaks German at some passable level. Would that help him?

No one that knows better (in other words, people in the defense industry) are going to count USAF Reserve time as mil experience. He'll get the clearance, though. And really unless he got called up for AD deployments a lot he's not going to accumulate any real experience anyway. Defense Industry people know this. He'd be better off to try to get into a civil service position to get a clearance.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:siren:

If it hasn't been made abundantly clear, no plan any of you dorks conjure up survives once you actually ship off to basic. But hey don't listen to us or anything. You're subject to the whims of the US military, which is not an organization known for caring about its workforce. I hope you all enjoy four years of poo poo.

:siren:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^ And so is that.

gleep gloop posted:

Lmao sounds about right.

It's absolutely correct.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 26, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

krispykremessuck posted:

No one that knows better (in other words, people in the defense industry) are going to count USAF Reserve time as mil experience. He'll get the clearance, though. And really unless he got called up for AD deployments a lot he's not going to accumulate any real experience anyway. Defense Industry people know this. He'd be better off to try to get into a civil service position to get a clearance.

There are some good opportunities (albeit hard to find) as a reservist to get experience outside of deployments. But yeah, nobody is going to take a straight out of initial training reservist with no other experience, short of say, linguists.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Folly posted:

:catstare:

I am a 1C3 in the Active Air Force. I work with a lot of Reserve and Guard 1C3s in my day-to-day. Tell him to not go 1C3 if he is expecting to be only a weekend warrior. He has like a 90% chance of ending up working in their Wing Operations Center or Command Post on a more-or-less full-time basis due to manning and budget restrictions. There are other jobs that require TS and he should probably get one of those. Is Reservist Intel a thing?

I'm not even going to mention the other stuff which sounds insanely retarded for a variety of reasons.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

DoktorLoken posted:

There are some good opportunities (albeit hard to find) as a reservist to get experience outside of deployments. But yeah, nobody is going to take a straight out of initial training reservist with no other experience, short of say, linguists.

There are a lot of jobs in the Bay Area, CA for beginning IT people with security clearance. Most will train you for the specific job. The pay isn't outrageous and baby sitting servers isn't glamorous but it's a hell of lot better than retail.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I was more thinking in the intelligence realm, but IT makes sense.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If he wants to get a job with computers he can just get a loving programming job and make twice as much as he'd make as an A1C.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I entertained the idea of hitting up the local C-130 guard unit if they had any FE or loadmaster slots open. Then I came to my senses. I had a good laugh over that.

Folly
May 26, 2010
What happens if the job goes away and he refuses to reclassify? Like, what kind of penalty is that?
If he does reclassify, does he have any ability to pick his new assignment? Do they even ask?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

In the Guard/Reserve if you lose your job due to reorganization or whatever, you probably have a lot more flexibility than AD as you can get almost any job you want as long as you can find an available slot. But if you refused to reclass? You'd probably get discharged.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 26, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does the 7-day out apply to enlisted or is it one of those officer only things?

Folly
May 26, 2010
Well, I'm not going to convince the man that he's got a bad career plan. You guys know this.

If it looks like he can actually get a security clearance, then my task is to make sure the contract says what he thinks it does. I think it's complete poo poo that he can't get this contract in advance, but I guess that's intentional. Does anybody have something like a model contract so I can at least give him an explanation of what to look out for? Something more specific that form DD 4/1.

Also, how bad is the "X" wildcard in 1C3X1? I've had at least 2 friends screwed over by wildcards in their contracts and recruiters promising them that they'd get a specific job, only end up in another, shittier job because it was also covered by their job code.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Folly posted:

Well, I'm not going to convince the man that he's got a bad career plan. You guys know this.

If it looks like he can actually get a security clearance, then my task is to make sure the contract says what he thinks it does. I think it's complete poo poo that he can't get this contract in advance, but I guess that's intentional. Does anybody have something like a model contract so I can at least give him an explanation of what to look out for? Something more specific that form DD 4/1.

Also, how bad is the "X" wildcard in 1C3X1? I've had at least 2 friends screwed over by wildcards in their contracts and recruiters promising them that they'd get a specific job, only end up in another, shittier job because it was also covered by their job code.

The X isn't a wildcard, it's a designation of career field skill level. Upon enlistment, he'll be a 1-level until he graduates tech school, where he'll be a 3-level. After about a year he'll be a 5-level, and so on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does he appear to be a completely untrustworthy piece of poo poo if you look at his job history? Does he have mountains of debt because he keeps buying cars from the cute blonde with huge tits at the 35% APR dealership? Is he doing hard drugs at this very moment? Did he lie on his recruiting or clearance paperwork? If you answered no to all these questions, he'll get a loving clearance.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Folly posted:

I mean all the Reservist 1C3's I've met are tards, so maybe he'll fit right in. The ones in my Reservist wing ended up changing their career field to 1C5 so they wouldn't have to merge with our shop.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
Do not bring poo poo with you if you go to Benning/30th, Seriously, bring literally nothing except the clothes on your back and a single extra set of clothes, you will be given EVERYTHING YOU NEED no matter what you bring, your shoes don't matter no matter how good they are for your feet you'll get the same lovely "basics" as everyone else. If you're infantry learn the infantrymens creed if you want to talk to mommy and daddy at all in 30th AG. BRING A PHONE WITH YOU! You don't want to be the one oval office without a phone begging for it if you ever get a phone call.

Learn the army song, 7 army values, Soldiers creed, National Anthem. Learn to stand at parade rest, attention, rest, oh and the most important position, the front leaning rest.

Do not listen to a single word that a private tells you in 30th AG or BCT in general. They are liars and usually assuming poo poo. If you're a PFC/SPC You are nothing loving special so don't try to act like it because a certain DS you will oneday know if you go to 30th (Assuming you're going to benning) will tell you specialists are the forefront of leadership in BCT. You're not. 90% of the units in BCT give no shits that you're a specialist.

Your uniforms will be too big. it sucks deal with it, you'll get a DX week 12 if you're an 11b, right after you're done training you will then be able to select the proper size, I recommend Short-R Tops and Medium trousers. Also do not bring loving food or drinks or retarded poo poo with you, it will just end up trashed, don't bring highspeed bullshit like socks and poo poo you won't be able to wear them. DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN loving BOOTS. Best way to win is simple, Start practicing not saying a single loving word for long periods of time, don't talk to anyone or make yourself obvious no one gives a gently caress. Be the fly on the wall and week 10 or 11 someone will be like "Wait you're in MY platoon? When did you get here?"

Also your PT will consist of a shitton of running, Especially if you're an 11b. You will run daily, 30/60s, 60/120s, 3 - 5 miles every weekish depending on your capt/1sgt, either way you will have to run 5 miles in 45 minutes week 11 or 12 depending on FTX and training schedule.

Bring dollar bills and quarters, seriously like 10$ in quarters and 10$ in dollar bills, if you're near 2/54 you're in luck because theres gatorade machines that you may be able to use X amount of weeks into training.

Illnesses to hide:
Pussy poo poo like colds and hurt knees
Illnesses NOT to hide:
Mersa, Flu, loving PINK EYE,

Don't go to loving Solomon medical because your loving knee hurts, You are going to be stuck at Benning for upwards of 6 months if you get a stress fracture. It's bad you'll end up quitting because you are literally laying in a bed for 18 hours a day if not longer until you're "better".

Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water Drink water

Its loving hot in georgia regardless, or its loving freezing. Drink at least 2 camelbaks a day if not 3 - 4. Do not overhydrate but you want to be pissing hourly and have it clear at all times. Also cottage cheese is great, so is spinach.

Do not buy the loving "cool camelbak" at the PX or highspeed boots 90% of the companies will not let you wear them until you gtfo here. Tell your fuckface families to send you no carepackages because trust me food is a bad idea.

Cut your gay loving beards off before you get there. Unless you happen to have a high melanin count you will not be given a shaving profile. No white people have those loving things. So shave.

Also sleep on the plane if you can. because for the first 3 days your going to be passing the gently caress out when you sit on those benches at 30th (or whereever you go) trying to read your blue book.

The DSes and Sgts at 30th aren't that bad for the most part, I won't namedrop but some of them are actually pretty loving chill guys, other ones are dickheads. You come in those doors prepared you will be looked at like a non-idiot less of an idiot.

Again do not buy dumb poo poo. You are going to be jewed by the PX if you go buy some loving class ring for 500$ and then get it stolen the next day by the dude next to you.

If you lose something the laundry room is your best friend. Take what you need and if your uniforms aren't your size and you're a buffalo soldier, just steal them out of the laundry room and sharpie the name away.

You will pay for the haircut anyway, Even if you come in with your badass bald head and your neo nazi jackboots and suspenders, you still have to pay the loving gook, black dude and herbert the pervert looking white guy their 8$.

MAKE SURE YOUR BOOTS ARE THE CORRECT loving SIZE. I don't give a gently caress how much the DS or processing Sgt is screaming, you get correct loving boots or you are going to be blistered when you have to walk 12 miles straight. To get them correctly on your feet, soak them bitches in hot water and wear them dry, keep an extra pair of socks or two in your duffle bag to replace the ones you're wearing while soaking them. I wore 1 pair of boots entirely through beeceetee but it depends on cumpanies if you have to wear 2 pairs off and on. You're not going to remember all this poo poo so I don't care.

Key points:

Memorize Army song, Infantrymen's Creed (if you're 11b), Rangers Creed (IF you're 11b.) SF Creed (IF you really want to get that 30 minute phone call lol maybe.) National Anthem (I'm serious.) LDRSHIP LOYALTY DUTY RESPECT SELFLESS SERVICE HONOR INTEGRITY PERSONAL COURAGE. Soldiers Creed. Memorize it all and you may just enjoy a nice phone call.

Learn to march if you want, you'll learn after many many pushups the proper facing movements. Actually just learn the following: HALF-RIGHT FACE/HALF-LEFT FACE

Also, First word is prepatory, second word is executionary so if a caller or whatever says "RIIIIGHT" you do not move until he says "FACE". Pretty simple poo poo.

Attention to detail
Motivation
Move with a purpose

Seriously, loving run everywhere that you're not marching. If someone calls you, RUN to them.

To speak to an NCO Go to Attention, then snap to parade rest, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-wgOZ4RV6E That should help you.Even though it's pog rear end air forcers. Learn it and again you will look less retarded.

Do not call your loving drill sarn'ts sir or any NCO sir. You will make the walls sweat and again look retarded.
If you hear the words CHMS stay the gently caress away from the private who utters such words. CHMS Is the 30th AG "ima kill muhself let me free" bullshit. (Also at BCT.)

If your drill sergeants ask if anyone needs to see their LES do so. Make sure your pay is right or you're going to be lacking pay for like 3 months white S1 fixes it.

again do not buy stupid bullshit you don't need. Don't be the guy who spends 1,000 dollars on a PS4 to play it for 3 days and then give it to mommy and daddy while you finish training. And take the loving leave when you're done with 14 weeks (11b). Just loving take 6 or 7 days to yourself with your family so you don't get all gay homesick and poo poo right after you finished "THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR LIFE"

There is no duty station wishlist.
There is no trading duty stations.
There is no switching duty stations unless you get an 11B1P contract, or Ranger Contract or SF Contract, which will be handed out to the highest PT studs in the Platoon/Company.

I will now draw a diagram of the best advice for you.

If you want to buy a decent phone do it, that's something you do need if you were poor as gently caress prior to coming in. Get a 2 year contract and get a smart phone. It will help after training because 24 hour staff duty is gay but after 17:00 those little goon fingers will click away.

Don't buy a car until you have 5,000 saved up, and bring your team leader or squad leader with you when you go look. If you do that you'll look way better than jimbo retard who bought a SWEET rear end LAMBO for only 95% of his paycheck.

Also don't listen to that 110% bullshit. Do the bare minimum so you don't end up hurting your loving self and causing a long rear end wait just to finally say "gently caress this I quit" after X amount of months of "recovery time". BABQ. Barely Attempt Barely Qualify. There are three things you need to honestly do to pass

PT.
Ruck
Shoot

Weapon systems you will fire as an 11b.

M2 .50 Cal, M249,M240, M4 40mm, AT4

And the midget will get to set off a Claymore.

Also you get to throw 2 grenades and a bunch of practices for a day. It's pretty cool

Wear your earpro, don't be like billy badass going durrhurrdurr i no wear earpro and come out of osut/bct deaf as a loving post from listening to the 240 go off next to you.

Don't volunteer for poo poo and do your detail as fast as possible. Faster you are the more personal time you get.

And make sure your loving parents know you're at least alive during the 14 weeks. Send them a letter confirming that you didn't fall off a bunk and get impaled by an M4 barrel

Also I would highly recommend buying a weapons cleaning kit when you are allowed to go to the PX in BCT. The ones they give you are loving old as poo poo.

When you do your ruck marches, make sure your ruck is as tight as possible to your back, Do not use the kidney strap but use the chest strap to secure the ruck to your chest, just don't tighten it too far or you'll pass out from oxygen deprivation. Make sure the ruck bag itself is tight on the plastic rig. You want it to move when you move not flop around or it will just wear you out further.

And don't eat the human being rear end sweets at the dfac. Get a well balanced meal so you can actually perform, don't be like the holocaust victim diet guy we had who literally heat casualtied while we were doing the change of command ceremony for our LTC.

If they let you run during personal time go loving do it. Seriously, exercise when you have time so you can get that high PT score and be left the gently caress alone or given a contract. Don't get involved in the braggart faggotry that goes on like "hurr i shot expert give me the 240" ...20 minutes later into the ruck march PLS CARRY THIS IM DYING OVER HERE.

You will fire blanks, lots and lots of blanks, its fun as poo poo and depending on which AO you get for your FTX you may do FOB guard, It's also fun as gently caress to sit in a tower and shoot opfor.

Also just start walking around the nearest sewage runoff so your nose gets used to smelling poo poo 24/7 especially in formation when its SO loving FUNNY TO FART CONSTANTLY AFTER EATING AN MRE. OH and If you really want to be smart. Buy toilet paper at the PX when given the opportunity. Seriously, get a 4 pack, do not give anyone anything.
DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. DO NOT LEND MONEY TO PEOPLE.
DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANYTHING. LOCK YOUR loving WALLLOCKER. Bring a lock with a key with you. The ones they give you are lovely and you can break them open with a key from any locker. Bring that, a pair of earbuds, your phone, charger, Ipod if you have it, clothes on your back, Money 10$ in cash 10$ in quarters, Bring a debit card to check your balance if the need arises,

SIGN UP FOR POST 9/11 GI BILL DO NOT LET THEM JEW YOU INTO MONTGOMERY Sign up for life insurance you never know. You don't have to pay for health care so if you are actually dying feel free to tell someone.

And if you're on any perscription I will die if I dont take this meds get the gently caress out. Seriously, you will be Kicked the gently caress out at 30th.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^
Do not listen to a word he says.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Godholio posted:

Does he appear to be a completely untrustworthy piece of poo poo if you look at his job history? Does he have mountains of debt because he keeps buying cars from the cute blonde with huge tits at the 35% APR dealership? Is he doing hard drugs at this very moment? Did he lie on his recruiting or clearance paperwork? If you answered yes to all these questions, he'll get a loving clearance.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I would've called it a maybe.

• Locked thread