Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Tracula posted:

As bad as the PVP is it might actually be vaguely playable if the lag wasn't so bad and you could tell the loving difference between real players and creeps.

I dunno, I got one round of that Dark Sector payola battle in, and that was pretty fun.

Admittedly, I spent a bunch of it actually using cover and pegging people with a Lex from a rank back as we advanced, and pulling out a tricked-out Hek when we had them cornered. Lots of people on both sides were just running into a scrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
FINALLY had a successful go at the G3 without the game crashing or pubbies aborting. They came for me when I was alone running an invasion. At the time I only had my Dragon Nikana so I took them in honorable combat with my space hanzo steel... They each died in one hit. All I got of worth was a Brakk barrel.

*Edit any word on if/when a Carrier Prime will come? Wyrm Prime is nice and all but its got a couple strikes against it. Namely it doesn't have Vacuum or properly utilize Sweeper.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't get an answer through google or on the wiki: How do you unlock new planets?

I'm trying to craft something, but I need a rare mat from Mars, and I have no idea how to get there.

vvvv Thanks! I'll see if I can get it now.

dudeman fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 26, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

dudeman posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't get an answer through google or on the wiki: How do you unlock new planets?

I'm trying to craft something, but I need a rare mat from Mars, and I have no idea how to get there.

When you beat the boss of a planet you get a Nav Unit that unlocks the next planet.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Pretty sure you have to beat the boss of Venus to get to Mars.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
On PVP: I can't imagine it feels very fair when Saryn applies Venom to you from across the map and you're taking hundreds of Viral damage and there's growths on you and ugh. Or when you get close enough to melee her and suddenly you're taking hundreds of Toxic damage directly to your hp from Molt spam.

The lack of dedicated servers hurts PVP almost as much as the complete frame/weapon/etc imbalance.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Did anyone else get booted and is currently unable to relog?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I did. So did Piell. I guess their game servers went down.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I got booted from the squad I was in, I logged out since matchmaking is pretty much borked as usual.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
The servers aren't down - my friend's in right now. But I can't connect, and apparently neither can a lot of others. I can open warframe.com just fine in a browser, but I can't ping it. Something is very awry.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Azuth0667 posted:

Also stalker came and murdered me today is there an easy way to farm him? He drops some good throwing knives I'd like to get.

You kill a boss, you get a mail from the stalker. Team up with other goons that also got that mail (a death mark) to maximize the chances of him showing up and keep running missions until he does.

I'm not sure if the death mark gets removed from all party members, or just the one that was being targeted.

Like the G3 and Harvester, farming him is a real time sink.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think something bumped up Stalkers' spawn chance, he's shown up for me three times in the last three days. Or maybe I'm just supremely unlucky :saddowns:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I haven't gotten booted this hour but I just looked at the clan tab and there's only ~8 people on.. so something is definitely fucky.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Warkak posted:

Did anyone else get booted and is currently unable to relog?
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/274767-260714-server-issues-please-be-patient/

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I was able to get in and make a couple attempts at the Wildfire alert before it went away!

Mobile Defense, No Shields, against level 44 Corpus. That's just impossible.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Rhino conquers all.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

200K vs 250k PVP battle going on now.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think something bumped up Stalkers' spawn chance, he's shown up for me three times in the last three days. Or maybe I'm just supremely unlucky :saddowns:

Note, unlike G3 and Harvester, you can get multiple Stalker marks. The game tracks separate marks for separate boss kills.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

does the goonclan have an alliance, or is it just the one big group?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Piell posted:

Rhino conquers all.

I am a Rhino! Pretty tricked out, even! Doesn't help when a Moa spawns behind you and kills you in three seconds through Iron Skin, or when a Corpus Tech just one-shots you.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Grapplejack posted:

does the goonclan have an alliance, or is it just the one big group?

We have a small alliance with some other weirdo goons who don't want to be in the main clan.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

kafziel posted:

I am a Rhino! Pretty tricked out, even! Doesn't help when a Moa spawns behind you and kills you in three seconds through Iron Skin, or when a Corpus Tech just one-shots you.

Need a disarm Loki, they aren't very scary when they can't any-shot you :v: or just Valkyr invuln the whole thing (easiest option I think).

Rhino can plow some Nightmare missions, Valkyr can do just about any except maybe energy drain?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Sandweed posted:

We have a small alliance with some other weirdo goons who don't want to be in the main clan.

Someone needs to make a goofy alliance badge now that you can put those on your ninjaman's shoulders.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Tried to PVP a few times. The first time I couldn't connect to a match, and my menu froze, so I restarted and did something else, but instead of doing that mission I ended up in an empty PVP map. The Stalker showed up in this empty map and I got destroyed.

Second time I joined a match which was remarkably unexciting, with me destroying one guy on the enemy team over and over until I lost connection to host. Third time the game was so lagged that I was stuck in my default colors and no one was moving at all, and I noticed the objective stuff in the top right was French or something for some reason.

Good stuff so far, I'm excited for the day I figure out what the hell this PVP thing actually is??

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Looking for a reinvite to the ps4 clan if there's room, I was inactive for a long while due to lag/nat issues but have a (slightly) better connection now and have been playing again. PSN ID same as my name here.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

sockpuppetclock posted:

Tried to PVP a few times. The first time I couldn't connect to a match, and my menu froze, so I restarted and did something else, but instead of doing that mission I ended up in an empty PVP map. The Stalker showed up in this empty map and I got destroyed.

Second time I joined a match which was remarkably unexciting, with me destroying one guy on the enemy team over and over until I lost connection to host. Third time the game was so lagged that I was stuck in my default colors and no one was moving at all, and I noticed the objective stuff in the top right was French or something for some reason.

Good stuff so far, I'm excited for the day I figure out what the hell this PVP thing actually is??

It's poo poo is what it is. I just had a really good match in which after ahost migration we stalled the enemy team for 20 minutes. This is impressive because the enemy team had a literally immortal unkillable Mirage, a Rhino with a Penta, and others all levelling as normal but none of our equipment was above lv0. No powers no nothing.

The amount of work they need to do on PVP is probably insurmountable without dedicating the entire company to it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I've said it before, I will say it again: gently caress PVP forever. If the game isn't specifically built with PVP in mind, it is a bad idea to tack it on later- for the exact reasons we're seeing.

Also I think there's something up with the RNG that dictates what kind of Kubrow you get, or I just have phenomenally lovely luck :( I've blown a whole load of plat and I have six Shield-dogs and two Stealth-dogs to show for it. I just want one of each, dammit.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The RNG is perfectly fine, I've gotten a different breed every time.

Ranaszun
Feb 21, 2005
Just started playing this again after my cousin got his PS4. The game is so much better than when I left and there are actually people playing it now! Looking for an invite to the PS4 clan.

PSN: Ranaszun

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Man people are selling stuff suspiciously cheap on the PS4. Like I just saw a WTS for a Life Strike for the very first time and he only wanted 10p for it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Man people are selling stuff suspiciously cheap on the PS4. Like I just saw a WTS for a Life Strike for the very first time and he only wanted 10p for it.

Barring some exceptions like event mods, 10 plat is usually the upper limit as far as mods go for on PC too.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Yeah but until a couple days ago poo poo like Rhino Prime Helmets were still going for 30+. Wonder what caused the shift.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Yeah but until a couple days ago poo poo like Rhino Prime Helmets were still going for 30+. Wonder what caused the shift.

Probably account migration finally having an effect on the economy.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Just to make sure I'm not experiencing some freak bug, you can only have a single Kubrow egg in your entire goddamn inventory at a time?

Guess how I found out. loving guess.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fish Noise posted:

Just to make sure I'm not experiencing some freak bug, you can only have a single Kubrow egg in your entire goddamn inventory at a time?
That is correct.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
You know what? That's not even DE-level DEsign, that's just plain dog poo poo.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Buy more dog eggs :10bux:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:siren: Three minutes to Vauban Helmet on PC :siren:

Getting my fukken dead space frame on after two months of waiting

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Was playing Defense on Saturn to test out some mod loadouts and get some easy Orokin cells, ended up pubbing with a couple of low-level folk. Was doing the usual thing of covering the doors and then slide-spinning for maximum fast to each of the other spawn doors to kill them, and the others were confused with how fast I was going and how quickly I was killing duders.

During downtime, we'd chat it up, mostly them asking what I was using. We just kinda chatted about cool weapons and mods they can look forward to acquiring. Also gave some advice to a dude who was Rank 2, the usual "get rid of that MK1-Braton once you're done leveling it and get the regular one" and where to get Nova, the 'frame I was using for that map. It was cool to see pubbies actually excited to see cool poo poo rather than groan about having all their kills stolen. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I love bringing low-level folks around.

"Is that a loving rocket launcher?"