Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

How do you think they would have felt if they just got a box full of money on the mailbag

Replace the double Gurren Deluxe boxes with money and it's pretty much the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Someone actually sent them money at least once iirc.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
According to the conbravo video, Liam and Woolie have also just left their jobs to work for the Zaibatsu full time.

It's awesome to see those guys careers take off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Al-Saqr posted:

According to the conbravo video, Liam and Woolie have also just left their jobs to work for the Zaibatsu full time.

Oh poo poo! That is awesome!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

How do you think they would have felt if they just got a box full of money on the mailbag

They would have a fight to the death using all of those swords that they were sent

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Depths posted:

They would have a fight to the death using all of those swords that they were sent

Matt would win and invest that money into various Kickstarter projects so that they would all include Baz.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Obviously the correct solution is to send them a steel briefcase full of money, tell them to dangle it from the ceiling in the unboxing room and get a ladder, and boom, new wrasslin video.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Al-Saqr posted:

But how will we get videos of all the lovely games that they play tested now?!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

CJacobs posted:

Obviously the correct solution is to send them a steel briefcase full of money, tell them to dangle it from the ceiling in the unboxing room and get a ladder, and boom, new wrasslin video.

Now that would be a classic episode of botchamania

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

...They could compromise and put a tip jar for people who are just desperate to give them money.
Isn't Youtube adding tipjar functionality in the nigh future? They announced it at the same time as 60fps videos.

AXE COP posted:

But how will we get videos of all the lovely games that they play tested now?!
If Matt spouting off about testing a 2009 PSP game in the newest Superfriends video is any indication, we'll get tales from the QA pit (and mockery of time spent therin) for a while yet.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Liam is being paid by Pat. It's the best friends hasbara.

Does that count as a coup?

CJacobs posted:

No no, it has to have the custody papers of Zach in it. It's the only way they'll take it seriously. Either that or Buff Bagwell's mom, Judy Bagwell. She wont know what the gently caress.

Rodyle posted:

Please don't goon away the content creator!

Have you SEEN the Neogaf thread? 8 million billion pages of Persona 4 waifu talk. I don't think we could scare them away harder if we jerked off on pictures of their girlfriends and mailed them into the defunct mailbag.

(NOBODY DO THIS!)

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 25, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Too late

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Just like you can't put toothpaste back in the tube you can't get jizz back in your balls.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Commissar Ken posted:

Have you SEEN the Neogaf thread? 8 million billion pages of Persona 4 waifu talk.

Geez, you werent kidding, its the same 4 people posting over and over again too. Did they scare away Pat from that thread?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Commissar Ken posted:

Have you SEEN the Neogaf thread? 8 million billion pages of Persona 4 waifu talk

Persona waifu/husbando talk is serious business (realtalk Pat's tastes in Persona ladies is awful).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forget, who does he prefer

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

I forget, who does he prefer

Rise.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Least it ain't Yukiko

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Only thing Liam has ever been right about is liking Mitsuru the most.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Rodyle posted:

Persona waifu/husbando talk is serious business (realtalk Liam's tastes in Persona ladies is awful).

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAAWE67hYeY

Oh. My. God.

The day has finally come.

Edit

\/ haha too late shitlord \/

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 26, 2014

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Ayo, when's mahvel? Right now, fuckers!

e: drat IT.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 26, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

pulp rag posted:

Only thing Liam has ever been right about is liking Mitsuru the most.

The only tolerable P3 party members are Aigis and Akihiko, who are still just okay. The dog doesn't count because of course the adorable monster fighting dog is awesome.

That's Pat's true crime, liking Takeba :colbert:

e: I cannot believe Spencer is in this game

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 26, 2014

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

It's not fair that Persona 4 Golden is only on Vita.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaptain K posted:

It's not fair that Persona 4 Golden is only on Vita.

Yeah..... I've also had Persona 3 FES installed on my PS3 for months but I am afraid to start it because of how massive of a game it is and not having time at school.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I'm tempted to get FES right now because it's only :10bux: on PSN but the whole time I'm going to be thinking "I wish Yukiko was here".

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Silver surfer is more hype than EVO.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silver surfer is more hype than EVO.

You can't back down, and you can't step up!

edit: Pokemon is live: http://www.twitch.tv/superbestfriendsplay

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 27, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like how Pat has just flat out given up on Soul Suspect. Even before they started playing it I had heard bad/disappointing things about it, and apparently now it's on 70% discount in most places for 15$.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Matt gonna spend all that t-shirt money on a new keyboard.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

HGH posted:

I like how Pat has just flat out given up on Soul Suspect. Even before they started playing it I had heard bad/disappointing things about it, and apparently now it's on 70% discount in most places for 15$.

Yeah, at this point M:SS is reminding me of those weird games you used to find in computer parts stores that were made in 2004 by a Bulgarian developer and the only trace of it on the internet is a forgotten forum used by three people who really, really like it.

I've been thinking about that "decline of AA games" thing lately, and I'm wondering if this is another game that would have been better if the graphics were downgraded and it was sold for $20 a pop.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

HGH posted:

They pointed a lot of things about the game already that doesn't quite work and one of them that Pat mentioned and I agreed with is how the main character doesn't have a lot of charisma or presence. Like, I wouldn't be able to tell you what his traits were aside from gritty, detective man.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
There has definitely been a decline in decent story-telling and dialogue writing in these past five years, and that seems to be the straw breaking the camel's back for Pat at least. He's pretty much the only one that really cares about good writing in anything (Matt is in control and is kinda forced to find SOME good in it), but a good story CAN carry a bad game sometimes. Thing is, M:SS really is just a blander version of Ghost Trick. Hell, even Heavy Rain kept them going with how stupid it was.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Compendium posted:

They pointed a lot of things about the game already that doesn't quite work and one of them that Pat mentioned and I agreed with is how the main character doesn't have a lot of charisma or presence. Like, I wouldn't be able to tell you what his traits were aside from gritty, detective man.

He's Alan Wake if Alan Wake was a ghost.

Soul Suspect is an okay game but it's not especially great. Some of the mechanics look pretty janky.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ApeHawk posted:

There has definitely been a decline in decent story-telling and dialogue writing in these past five years, and that seems to be the straw breaking the camel's back for Pat at least. He's pretty much the only one that really cares about good writing in anything (Matt is in control and is kinda forced to find SOME good in it), but a good story CAN carry a bad game sometimes. Thing is, M:SS really is just a blander version of Ghost Trick. Hell, even Heavy Rain kept them going with how stupid it was.

You really think it's getting worse? It seems to be getting better, on average. I mean, Deadly Premonition came out less ten 5 years ago and is one of the best game stories ever told.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You really think it's getting worse? It seems to be getting better, on average. I mean, Deadly Premonition came out less ten 5 years ago and is one of the best game stories ever told.

Deadly Premonition and F:NV are exceptions. I'm just talking about overall.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Overall game storytelling has only ever improved, the downfall is in AAA titles specifically, and who cares if that poo poo is dying off or not?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I tuned into the stream and didn't see Woolie asleep after 30 minutes. Disappointed.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The beginning of their ConBravo panel was so amazing that I'm saving that video specifically for home since my crappy earbuds I keep at work can't do it justice (plus only one speaker works and I can't hear what they're saying).

Continuing to love the Superfriends videos. This Blade II game looks so bad. I can't wait to watch the Spiderman/Kingpin Arcade's Revenge vid. I could never get far in that game.

Keep up the awesome work, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Would it be possible for there to be a list of must-watch Super Best Friends stuff, similar to the Giant Bomb thread's video list? I've watched a fair number of SBF videos, sure, but there's wayyyy too many for me to watch on my schedule.