Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

ShakeZula posted:

Eh. I like Fehr as an actor, but he seems too young.

edit: Added spoilers, just to be on the safe side. Dude has magic immortality pits that keep him looking young despite the fact that he is hundreds of years old.

Pigbog fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Pigbog posted:

edit: Added spoilers, just to be on the safe side. Dude has magic immortality pits that keep him looking young despite the fact that he is hundreds of years old.

I mean, obviously I know he does in the comics, and if they go that route on Arrow I can buy it, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they're including that part of his character in the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

I mean, obviously I know he does in the comics, and if they go that route on Arrow I can buy it, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they're including that part of his character in the show.

Maybe he will have a drug that does it. Some sort of miracle drug...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShakeZula posted:

Eh. I like Fehr as an actor, but he (like many of the actors I've heard about for Ra's) seems too young. I don't buy him as the father of Katrina Law, or even really as the wise mentor to Barrowman.

Dude's IMMORTAL. He can look as young as he wants to.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It should totally be Alexander Siddig. :colbert:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

It should totally be Alexander Siddig. :colbert:

gently caress that, cast someone crazy old for his first role, and in the season finale have him return as a young guy.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Here's an offsite Amell Q&A panel he did this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9Lch5b3O4

Judging from the way he met his wife (he saw her on Mad Men, twitter stalked her, and then met her in person a few months later) he may or may not be a goon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's surprisingly common for celebrity marriages.

I guess when the person stalking you is a celebrity you don't think about how weird it is.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I have little doubt the tumblr people in the crowd were fantasizing about Amell e-stalking their Felicity personas.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

That's surprisingly common for celebrity marriages.

I guess when the person stalking you is a celebrity you don't think about how weird it is.

David Mitchell did it. He met Victoria Coren in 2007, fell in completely in love with her, waited until she was single 3 years later and made a move.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Please tell me Ollie isn't actually on a lovey love date with Felicity and they're just having a friendly dinner together. :ohdear:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Deakul posted:

Please tell me Ollie isn't actually on a lovey love date with Felicity and they're just having a friendly dinner together. :ohdear:

From how the sizzle reel shows it Sarah suggests that Oliver try dating a normal non superhero type person, and Felicity is the closest to one of those whom he knows.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Deakul posted:

Don't worry, all the information we have points to him completely blowing it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Premiere has to be Oliver and Felicity going on a date, it goes horribly wrong, and they've mentioned that Palmer (or someone call, can't recall) will be a new love interest for Felicity. So yeah, this'll go well.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Felicity is also in an early Flash episode so they've yet to resolve that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

hcreight posted:

Judging from the way he met his wife (he saw her on Mad Men, twitter stalked her, and then met her in person a few months later) he may or may not be a goon.

Impossible. A Goon would have gotten slapped with a restraining order.

Deakul posted:

The trailer literally shows how that date ends up (Felicity unconscious and bloodied) so yeah...

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Aw man, Wildcat coming to live TV and Dennis Farina is dead :(

I know I may be too hung up on DCAU but he would have made a great aging street level vigilante/mentor.

Well, can still dream of a Jeffrey Combs Question.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

VBane posted:

Well, can still dream of a Jeffrey Combs Question.

This would be The Best.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Combs for Question and Siddig for Ra's or bust.

edit: Welp, just found out Siddig is going to be in GoT next season so I guess him playing Ra's is out. But on the other hand, ALEXANDER SIDDIG IS IN THE NEXT SEASON OF GOT AHHHHHH :woop:

bango skank fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 28, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Speaking of Alexander Siddig just watched the James Bond episode of Star Trek DS9 and gently caress just have Avery Brooks be Ra's. DeTECtive!!!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

Speaking of Alexander Siddig just watched the James Bond episode of Star Trek DS9 and gently caress just have Avery Brooks be Ra's. DeTECtive!!!

Man, I want Avery Brooks to play every scenery-chewing villain. He so drat good at it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I love Avery Brooks to bits but I don't think he bothers with TV any more. He's done pretty much nothing since DS9 finished. I know he teaches; and I'm pretty sure he still does theatre.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

I love Avery Brooks to bits but I don't think he bothers with TV any more. He's done pretty much nothing since DS9 finished. I know he teaches; and I'm pretty sure he still does theatre.

He did Wizard World Chicago two years ago and he was the coolest motherfucker. I don't think he's capable of not sound angry as all hell at all times.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He did Wizard World Chicago two years ago and he was the coolest motherfucker. I don't think he's capable of not sound angry as all hell at all times.

He's an awesome singer too. They should have cast him as Javere in Les Mis instead of Russell Crowe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

He's an awesome singer too. They should have cast him as Javere in Les Mis instead of Russell Crowe.

He and Brent Spiner were doing duets at the hotel bar but we came in the morning after and missed it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He and Brent Spiner were doing duets at the hotel bar but we came in the morning after and missed it.

gently caress it, give Arrow roles to Brooks, Combs and Spiner.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Has anyone uploaded the full Comic Con panel in good quality yet? Emergency Awesome on youtube only has really long clips for some reason. I found a fancam one but there's a lot of audience noise.

Second question: is it actually worth looking at? If they do audience questions, I'd hope they were a lot better than the poo poo the Game of Thrones panel had, jesus christ.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

hcreight posted:

Watching this right now and Amell just mentioned that the previous night he met Pedro Pascal, the Viper from Game of Thrones. Possible Ra's al Ghul?

Gotta say, I would not object.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Pedro Pascal wouldn't go from GoT to CW. He's got his own show coming up, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His last superhero show didn't go so well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Was he The Cape?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Skunny Wundy posted:

Pedro Pascal wouldn't go from GoT to CW. He's got his own show coming up, too.

I dunno... remember, he wouldn't merely be 'going from GoT to CW', he'd be going from a minor-ish supporting character on GoT to the #1 major villain of the show (for that season, anyway). Smaller pond, bigger fish.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

Was he The Cape?

According to IMDB he was in the TV movie of Wonder Woman. IT looks like he has a new show now, so no Arrow for him.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

I dunno... remember, he wouldn't merely be 'going from GoT to CW', he'd be going from a minor-ish supporting character on GoT to the #1 major villain of the show (for that season, anyway). Smaller pond, bigger fish.

He'd be going from major recurring character on HBO's most popular show to major recurring character on a CW show. Arrow wouldn't be a step forward for him, no matter how much people are psyched for Ras.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Watching this right now and Amell just mentioned that the previous night he met Pedro Pascal, the Viper from Game of Thrones. Possible Ra's al Ghul?

Gotta say, I would not object.

Also, get in a time machine, go back five years and show yourself this picture of the TV versions of Constantine, Jim Gordon, The Flash, and Green Arrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, Ryan and Gustin's poses make sense... and if you squint, mmmmaybe you could say Amell's miming a bow? But what the gently caress is the dude playing Gordon doing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

OK, Ryan and Gustin's poses make sense... and if you squint, mmmmaybe you could say Amell's miming a bow? But what the gently caress is the dude playing Gordon doing?

It's just four dudes loving around having a good time?

I really wish Kid-Bruce was in that pic though.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Rhyno posted:

It's just four dudes loving around having a good time?

I really wish Kid-Bruce was in that pic though.

Here you go:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hollylolly posted:

Here you go:

I wanted all of them! And Routh too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

Also, get in a time machine, go back five years and show yourself this picture of the TV versions of Constantine, Jim Gordon, The Flash, and Green Arrow.

Why does he look more like Constantine here then in any promo shots for the show.

Also if Routh was there he should have worn a superman shirt around.

• Locked thread