Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

I would say don't get Bladestorm, the gameplay is repetitive/not very fun and the "campaign" is poorly constructed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Stelas posted:

You do get to ride a Roman chariot or an elephant around the Hundred Years War. That's a thing.

...when did the Punic Wars get mixed into the Hundred Years War?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Speedball posted:

...when did the Punic Wars get mixed into the Hundred Years War?

The same time rocket-powered spears got mixed into the Three Kingdoms. :pseudo:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
There is also camel cavalry, but sadly they kind of suck. :(

Gilles de Rais is the comedic relief on the French side. He's very child-like, which is kinda weird.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

child killer, childlike? all the same innit. or maybe something just got lost in translation

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

New Hyrule Warriors characters, OoT centric this time, including OoT skins for Link and Zelda and Ghoma as an enemy.

Lana (the blue haired original character) has another weapon, Deku Leaf, and Impa, a Great Spear.

Kokiri Forest, Death Mountain and Lake Hyrule are stages too.

Boomerang joins bombs, hookshot and bow as an item any character can get and use from a chest.

Golden Skulutas appear in maps and are used to unlock art.

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 24, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
At this rate Hyrule Warriors will actually be the tipping point that makes me look into getting a WiiU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

:allears: Playable Darunia...

KoB
May 1, 2009
Bladestorm was one of the first games I got for the xbox and it was rad as hell.

But then its been the better part of a decade since then so I doubt it holds up.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh they even have classic Dynasty Warriors poses

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I loved the butt-rock Zelda music in the trailers, and I hope that carries into the game proper.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Holy gently caress is the level where you save Zhou Yu infuriating. Can I skip this and still open the hypothetical route for winning He Fei?

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Anonymous Robot posted:

Holy gently caress is the level where you save Zhou Yu infuriating. Can I skip this and still open the hypothetical route for winning He Fei?

Wei says hi and informs you, unfortunately, that you cannot.

On the subject of hypotheticals, I completed all the objectives for Shu's hypothetical then followed the historical route on my first playthrough. If only to watch Guan Yu die.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Impa's getting a Great Spear! Ruto and Darunia!

I was so ready to write Hyrule Warriors off but its really shaping up to look awesome along with Zelda's kickass Light Bow dammit Koei I hope it's good

It'll be a sale for me regardless if Tingle shows up as an enemy so I can pound his dumb face in

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The Art of War isn't any of the Sun characters' preferred weapons, is it?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's Chen Gong's weapon.

Chen Gong is awesome so it's cool.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Anonymous Robot posted:

The Art of War isn't any of the Sun characters' preferred weapons, is it?

For what it is worth, what part is giving you trouble? Also, it would be easier to not play as Zhou Yu.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

For what it is worth, what part is giving you trouble? Also, it would be easier to not play as Zhou Yu.

I don't understand Lu Su's objective- I know he's supposed to take the trench and kill officers really fast after meeting them, but I keep getting caught. I understand Zhou Yu's objective, but things keep getting in the way- in particular, I'm either late to knock down the guard tower, or I knock Xihaou Yuan off the bridge near where you fight him and he has to run across the entire map to get back. I'll probably just turn the difficulty down and breeze through it, I guess. gently caress time limits.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you are doing something wrong here. playing as zhou yu is easiest since allied officers are idiots and i dont think i ever fought xiahou yaun on a bridge. if something happens you can always save before every fight! or just do some levels and come back later, everything can be beat by giving a character 2 halberds

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Goddamnit, i really don't want to buy a Wii U, but I miss Zelda and I really really want Hyrule Warriors. gently caress you Nintendo, I need my fix, but I know it isn't worth it.

Fake edit: If they release a new Zelda game on the Wii U I will probably have to buy one. Fucksticks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

alpha_destroy posted:

Goddamnit, i really don't want to buy a Wii U, but I miss Zelda and I really really want Hyrule Warriors. gently caress you Nintendo, I need my fix, but I know it isn't worth it.

Fake edit: If they release a new Zelda game on the Wii U I will probably have to buy one. Fucksticks.

They announced a new Zelda at E3.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Fuuuuck. poo poo piss. I guess Imma grab a Wii U relatively soon. I hope I can talk my wife into it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

alpha_destroy posted:

Fuuuuck. poo poo piss. I guess Imma grab a Wii U relatively soon. I hope I can talk my wife into it.

See if you have a friend who regrets their purchase. I got a 32gb Wii U for 80 bucks from my friend.

Decayer
Jul 25, 2007
Purveyor of fine tarts

Anonymous Robot posted:

I don't understand Lu Su's objective- I know he's supposed to take the trench and kill officers really fast after meeting them, but I keep getting caught. I understand Zhou Yu's objective, but things keep getting in the way- in particular, I'm either late to knock down the guard tower, or I knock Xihaou Yuan off the bridge near where you fight him and he has to run across the entire map to get back. I'll probably just turn the difficulty down and breeze through it, I guess. gently caress time limits.
This page has a pretty nice guide:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In DWGR, what's going on with the cards that unlock based on how many cards you've unlocked? They can't be referring to the total number, because I have way more than they say, but they can't be referring to set for their specific series, since some have higher requirements than there are cards in that series. :psyduck:

Also gently caress the last mission. Sure is fun when enemy aces kill you in one combo and can instantly dash through your attacks and behind you any time they feel like it. :what: DWG's combat isn't nearly well-designed enough to be fun with the difficulty turned up to the point where you can actually die.

At least in DWG3 I could just ignore the last mission, but now it's required for all the DW suits. Assholes. :argh:

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Sindai posted:

In DWGR, what's going on with the cards that unlock based on how many cards you've unlocked? They can't be referring to the total number, because I have way more than they say, but they can't be referring to set for their specific series, since some have higher requirements than there are cards in that series. :psyduck:

The number is the percentage of total cards, the % sign was probably lost in translation.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Those cards are actually the percentage of cards unlocked. The localizers didn't even care this goround.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.

Anonymous Robot posted:

For this level in particular, for the second decoy strategy, you wait at the garrison you've come to when Zhou Yu taunts Xiahou Yuan and Zhang He. That allows Lu Su to come around behind them and execute the pincer attack successfully, thus saving Zhou Yu's life.

It also helps if you play as Zhou Yu, of course.

Kliff fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 26, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

So SW4 is coming to the west:

- Samurai Warriors 4 is coming to PS4 (physical + digital), PS3 (digital) and PS Vita (digital) on October 24 (EU), October 21 (US).

- There will be a Collector's Edition for PS4 called "Samurai Warriors 4: Special Anime Pack". The content includes: 10th Anniversary Packaging, PS4 Game, Official Soundtrack, Special Costume Pack for Gracia, Ina, Nene and Oichi (DLC), Old Costume Pack for Yukimura, Mitsuhide, Nobunaga, No, Oichi and Ranmaru (DLC), Edit Part Pack "Western" theme (DLC). SRP: £64.99.

- PS3 and PS Vita versions will be available on the PS Store on October 24 (EU), October 21 (US).

- Localization level: English text/subtitles with Japanese voice.

Also a japanese voice pack for DW8 on the pc on the 30th maybe? they didn't specify what platforms

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Guess i'm getting a ps4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of want that special edition, but £65 is a lot of money for probably my fifth Warriors purchase of the year.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in other news, there is a mobile game coming that teases some new possible characters you can see on this twitter
https://twitter.com/smusou7
from newest to oldest you have: yan yan, princess xiahou, xu sheng, sima hui, lady xu, sun yi and i saw wu goutai and lady zou in an article.

yan yan looks cool but i really don't want princess xiahou in the game considering how uncomfortable her backstory is with zhang fei kidnapping her and all that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, they could just change the backstory for the game. They changed stuff like the Sun Shang Xiang/Liu Bei thing, or the Diao Chan/Lu Bu/Dong Zhou situation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Didn't Sun Shiang participate in a battle under Dong Zhuo in DW8 when she should've been like 10?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Davincie posted:

- Localization level: English text/subtitles with Japanese voice.

This is unsurprising, but it does disappoint me.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Davincie posted:

in other news, there is a mobile game coming that teases some new possible characters you can see on this twitter
https://twitter.com/smusou7
from newest to oldest you have: yan yan, princess xiahou, xu sheng, sima hui, lady xu, sun yi and i saw wu goutai and lady zou in an article.

yan yan looks cool but i really don't want princess xiahou in the game considering how uncomfortable her backstory is with zhang fei kidnapping her and all that

Who is this and why? It looks like Wei Yan's mask. Is this supposed to be a gender-swapped Wei Yan? The tweet seems to have a name in it when translated to English, but I don't know who it's supposed to be. Is it a new character that's going to be added?

[P] Suzuki Ginobe seems took off the mask. (【鈴木P】魏延が仮面を脱いだようです。)

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
After all this time it turns out that Wei Yan's speech impediment was just her carefully trying to sound as masculine as possible.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

PureRok posted:

Who is this and why? It looks like Wei Yan's mask. Is this supposed to be a gender-swapped Wei Yan? The tweet seems to have a name in it when translated to English, but I don't know who it's supposed to be. Is it a new character that's going to be added?

[P] Suzuki Ginobe seems took off the mask. (【鈴木P】魏延が仮面を脱いだようです。)

A successor, a love interest, a daughter, multiple of these? Wei Yan was(I understand) treated fairly foully when he didn't even do anything. Vengeance would be a decent story hook.

For all we know it's his mother.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
That was this year's April Fools joke. Last year was pretty boy Xu Zhu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally decided to dip my feet into Ambition mode. I presume that in order to increase my Allies cap, I need to gain fame, right? Allies make buildings, buildings increase fame cap, fame increases allies cap.

One more thing: When you die or run out of time, will it send you back to base with the stuff you did collect, or is it "gently caress you, back to the title screen with you"

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 28, 2014