Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't know if Pat is trolling Woolie or he really did finish the game twice only because of Faith spam, because he's quite literally doing the hardest way of doing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Do I wanna watch Pat and Woolie gently caress up live or in video? Hmmm, tough choices...

Tae posted:

I don't know if Pat is trolling Woolie or he really did finish the game twice only because of Faith spam, because he's quite literally doing the hardest way of doing things.

I'm honestly waiting for the part where the games gets patched and nerfs the Faith Lightning build super hard. That's gonna be hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The best friends are on the elite 4, poo poo is hype

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
loving Liam making me hungry. I have a steak defrosted but I don't have any other groceries so this is killing me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

loving Liam making me hungry. I have a steak defrosted but I don't have any other groceries so this is killing me.

Seriously that sounds so good, he found a way to make sugar pie a solid dough ball!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They aren't going to be able to heal inbetween lance and gary so I'm looking forward to them losing at the very end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's Pokemon, it's like so impossible to lose that twichplayspokemon can beat it.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I love that Pat's way more into this than Matt.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

They aren't going to be able to heal inbetween lance and gary so I'm looking forward to them losing at the very end.

What's it like to be gently caress trophy the liar?

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 27, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Holy poo poo they're underleveled.

Silentman0 posted:

What's it like to be gently caress trophy the liar?

Have you ever noticed how jolly woolie is?

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 27, 2014

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Tae posted:

I don't know what exactly you mean by "hardest way of doing things" but he certainly taught Woolie some bad tactics in dealing with the Dragonrider. As far as I remember, like with most enemies, you want to circle strafe to his right. Attacks are a lot easier to avoid when you circle strafe to the shield-side, and the Dragonrider's tracking is especially poor, so you can just avoid most of his attacks by hugging him and moving to the right. You don't really need to block in that fight much at all, and you can do 3 hit combos on him without getting hit if you're ballsy.

Woolie needs to learn not to fear the reaper in the game. He hovered way too far away from the Dragonrider the whole time and Pat never corrected him.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dark Souls is probably one of the worst games to Let's Play because everyone plays it WRONG

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:negative: why didn't anyone tell them about stab bonuses.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Welp its over

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Alakazam is the real run-ender, not the rival starter pokemon.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

Alakazam is the real run-ender, not the rival starter pokemon.

I think you mean eggxecutor.

e: OH gently caress I FORGOT ABOUT GYARADOS

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
It took the noble sacrifices of Shockmastr and LL Cool J, but Alakazam is finally down!

e: Oh, they're hosed.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Whooooooooooooo!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm disappointed at this turn of events.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My ears were not worth seeing this victory.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

THE HYPE IS REAL

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm pretty sure LL Cool J died like a bitch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That stream was awful up until Pat showed up and the Elite Four happened then it got really exciting and intense. I hated the Nuzlocke Run for the most part and that last part made it really fun to watch for once.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
GET hosed JA RULE.

X GAVE IT TO YA, WHAT.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I watched the Nuzlocke run until Fandango died like a bitch and 90% of the footage was Woolie either in the Pokemon Center or running to the Pokemon Center. Still, it was worth it for that stream finale and seeing what Liam cooked.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's like they said, Pat saved the Nuzlocke. By being hype as poo poo.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I missed the stream, did they mention if the recording would be online or when?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

That stream was awful up until Pat showed up and the Elite Four happened then it got really exciting and intense. I hated the Nuzlocke Run for the most part and that last part made it really fun to watch for once.

Pretty much this. Clearly the Nuzlocke needed Pat to be around to always poo poo on their name choices and get excited about critical hits.

Kaptain K posted:

I missed the stream, did they mention if the recording would be online or when?

They said it'd get put up but didn't specify as to when.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

cmykjester posted:

Dark Souls is probably one of the worst games to Let's Play because everyone plays it WRONG

You're doing a parody of all the terrible DS fans, right?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I was joking, they're doing fine.

cmykJester fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 28, 2014

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I never knew you could surf on a bus or suplex hulkbusters in Ultimate Destruction :krad:
Time to dust off the PS2!

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Goddamn that Hulk video was the hypest poo poo. I need to get that game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Everyone should get Hulk Ultimate Destruction. Probably my favorite thing is the stealth missions. Now you are thinking, what a stealth mission in a loving hulk game?

Well how you react knowing what Hulk does when its a stealth mission?

He hides under a truck and goes walking around MGS Box style with it.

edit: Yeah prototype borrowed a lot of things from HUD.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 28, 2014

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was essentially the prototype to...Prototype, wasn't it?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Everyone should get Hulk Ultimate Destruction. Probably my favorite thing is the stealth missions. Now you are thinking, what a stealth mission in a loving hulk game?

Well how you react knowing what Hulk does when its a stealth mission?

He hides under a truck and goes walking around MGS Box style with it.

edit: Yeah prototype borrowed a lot of things from HUD.

The Hulk game that preceded Ultimate Destruction had stealth missions where you play as Banner and try not to get angry. Awful. Also Hulk could fire gamma lasers in that one for some reason.

With the amount of Hulks that were introduced in the last 5 years in comics they could easily make an awesome sandbox where you fight someone other than army dudes. But alas, rip Radical.

Oh god, Matt and Woolie are going to play THAT Punisher game to cap off the month, right? :allears:

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 28, 2014

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

The Hulk game that preceded Ultimate Destruction had stealth missions where you play as Banner and try not to get angry. Awful. Also Hulk could fire gamma lasers in that one for some reason.

With the amount of Hulks that were introduced in the last 5 years in comics they could easily make an awesome sandbox where you fight someone other than army dudes. But alas, rip Radical.

Oh god, Matt and Woolie are going to play THAT Punisher game to cap off the month, right? :allears:

I really hope they end up doing a full LP of a certain videogame featuring superheroes after this month.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
Pat needs some kind of shock collar that goes off every time he says "yanno what I mean?" in the dark souls thing.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

Unfortunately, that game is backwards compatible while HUD isn't.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I don't think I'll ever get tired of them blaming Woolie & Liam every time something goes wrong in Murdered: Soul Suspect.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of them blaming Woolie & Liam every time something goes wrong in Murdered: Soul Suspect.

But it's totally their fault, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wiseblood posted:

I love how it's not even a 'joke' anymore so much as a reflex, just whenever something terrible/dumb happens someone just says a dejected 'good work Woolie/Liam' because that's just what happens now.