Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Annnnnd the Audi is broken.

Not sure what's wrong yet. I've lost the entire driver's bank. Pulled the coil wire for that side and it's running exactly as lovely as with it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

I like when life starts going well, no real problems that a stiff drink at the end of the day can't fix.

Then some loving prick from my past decides to open his mouth, accuse me of cheating on my girlfriend and cause a huge clusterfuck in the middle of my day.

Rhyno.txt

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
It made it much further than I thought it would. Is it coils or distributor set up?

Also, I want to buy a 250cc enduro. Something about low power motorcycles amuses me.

Edit: also, motorcycles are a million times cheaper than various British car poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 27, 2014

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Two coils, two distributors. One coil and one dist paired together for each cylinder bank.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ryno's friends are worthless, sky is blue.

So I just got back from driving two hours to pick up some Lexus wheels with "good" Michelins on them for a "great deal" for my Camry. I get there and the tires are loving dry rotted and basically garbage. So I offer him less money since the tires are poo poo and he says "well the price is really for the wheels I was gonna take the tires off anyway" THANKS FOR WASTING MY loving TIME YOU loving oval office

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Try swapping coils is my only guess... otherwise that's all beyond my pay grade.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Should be getting my 4.6 back soon. Right before I leave for Germany in ~3 weeks.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

trouser chili posted:

Two coils, two distributors. One coil and one dist paired together for each cylinder bank.

Batch fired injection and dropped a wire somewhere?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Are they super old school with one fuel and ignition computer per bank? If not, have you checked the distributor rotor on the dead side?

Are you getting spark on the dead side?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Do I ???
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-mondeo-zetec-editionnew-12-month-motpart-exoffers/1074870906#photo-content

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

It's nothing special, I'd get it if I needed to get to work for a few months but no other reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It wasn't a friend! It's some dude whom I have a mutual friend and I've hated this fat piece of poo poo forever.

Second from the left, with the pinhead

Fun Fact: I was at this wedding but since I refused to dress up like a loving retarded clown I was not invited to be in the photos.

Fun Fact 2: No one in this photo is actually Irish or Scottish or any other ISH except the Bride.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So this dude who you're not friends with goes on facebook and starts talking poo poo about you for no apparent reason?

I'm glad I don't use facebook, why have more outlets for dumbass drama.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

So this dude who you're not friends with goes on facebook and starts talking poo poo about you for no apparent reason?

I'm glad I don't use facebook, why have more outlets for dumbass drama.

It wasn't on Facebook.

A friend of mine that i went to high school with went to another comic shop to get something we sold out of.
They know him there and when they asked why he bought it there he jokingly said "Rhyno dropped the ball on the order" to which the clerk there said "yeah well he's been too busy cheating on his girlfriend again"
So my bud got pissed and went off and the staff were like "Well Fat Piece of poo poo said that Rhyno's friend said that Rhyno cheated on his girlfriend when he was in Detroit last year."

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
The sun is just brutal. I'm getting her towed home. When I pulled the intake tubing off to get it out of the way I snagged the coolant overflow hose, which snapped the nipple off the rad, so she's hosed even if I get her running worth a poo poo. Bad day, maybe 20 year old German luxury sedans weren't meant to be raced in the dirt.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 27, 2014

bend
Dec 31, 2012
I reckon if I had people around like yours Rhyno I'd be in for a lot of assault charges.
Anyway, mining report: gently caress CLAY! bastard sticky poo poo that it is, hopefully that should improve today or tomorrow when I put the new filtration system and spray head together and add some flocculant to recirc tub. Got about a gram for the week, hopefully I can do better this week with the upgrades then I can start putting through decent amounts of wash. I did score a 1922 penny out detecting though, its in pretty good nick.
I'll be putting up the OP tomorrow probably, I've just gotta hunt up some videos to link so if want to know anything specific let me know and I'll try and cover it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bend posted:

I reckon if I had people around like yours Rhyno I'd be in for a lot of assault charges.

I haven't even seen this motherfucker in over a year and a half. I'd love to know what brought up the topic of me cheating on my girlfriend (which never happened).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I haven't even seen this motherfucker in over a year and a half. I'd love to know what brought up the topic of me cheating on my girlfriend (which never happened).

Sounds like the bringing up the topic of cheating on your girlfriend DID happen. Grammar :iceburn:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Sounds like the bringing up the topic of cheating on your girlfriend DID happen. Grammar :iceburn:

:P

I could write a book about poo poo this prick has pulled in the 10 years I've known him.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

trouser chili posted:

Bad day, maybe 20 year old German luxury sedans weren't meant to be raced in the dirt.

Let's see what a beater 7 series does. :getin:

Even better get a S-class and have drivers in front with passengers in back drinking tea, doing blow off a hookers rear end or whatever rich people do in the back of large luxury cars do.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 27, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Let's see what a beater 7 series does. :getin:

Even better get a S-class and have drivers in front with passengers in back drinking tea, doing blow off a hookers rear end or whatever rich people do in the back of large luxury cars do.

When rallycross comes back I am buying the apex of the biggest/cheapest/luxuriousest German car conversation and then hammering it in the dirt until Roundel magazine has me beaten by the cops, or until I have to do a domestic car powertrain swap in order to get the thing reliable enough to drive.

Ideally I want something that cost six figures or more from the factory and that won't immediately explode its air suspension the second I hit a berm.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When rallycross comes back I am buying the apex of the biggest/cheapest/luxuriousest German car conversation and then hammering it in the dirt until Roundel magazine has me beaten by the cops, or until I have to do a domestic car powertrain swap in order to get the thing reliable enough to drive.

Ideally I want something that cost six figures or more from the factory and that won't immediately explode its air suspension the second I hit a berm.

This is why used rolls royce prices are pissing me off lately

*1980 rolls royce* *doesn't run* *no brakes* *seats gone* $13,000, no lowballers, i know what i got.

My powerstroke needs a new home, damnit!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The best place to get a Rolls would be one of the old dudes who has a field full of old cars along Hwy 2. I know the guy where we got the Coronet from had a 350-swapped Jag XJ6.

Also there's an '86 Silver Spur with an ate-up cylinder for $5900 in St Albert with full interior and glass. If you're handy with Lexan I bet you can knock down most of that money yourself..

It loving lives in a warehouse with other fancy poo poo too, look at the pictures: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/st-albert/1986-rolls-royce-silver-spur/601354049?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

OH MY GOD http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1967-jaguar-mk-420-great-project-plus-more/601348708

jump me

yes
jump us

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 27, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I have washed my cars. I gave the Max some special attention. Exterior and interior are *spotless*. I feel like she's gotten jealous recently as I've moslty been driving the Focus for fuel economy concerns. That little turd returns 35MPG with me beating the poo poo out of it.

Goddamnit I love both of these cars. Lucille (the Maxima) is comfortable and powerful..perfect for roadtrips. Carol (the Focus) is the ultimate commuter.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

This is why used rolls royce prices are pissing me off lately

*1980 rolls royce* *doesn't run* *no brakes* *seats gone* $13,000, no lowballers, i know what i got.

My powerstroke needs a new home, damnit!

Look in the southwest.

also the 76-79 or whatever is miles better than the 70-75 ones.

She's A arm front, and trailing arm rear. I'm drat sure you can swap some GM hubs or normal brakes on that fat pig.
Oh yeah, and a TH400 under the mid section, so feel free to plop a 454 or more in there.

E: I have cutters, welders, and theres a metal shop 10mi away and two junkyards within 20.

LETS DO THIS.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
csb just refuses to let any British car be bad.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

7 series and A8 I think are airbag less... I think its only Mercedes that uses air suspensions in that huge luxury class. Maybe Jaguar XJ do too.

Maybe just make a V12 class? It would be down right hilarious.

Edit: best part is its easy to stuff a SBC into every thing these days. There's enough people that have done swaps its all documented.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 27, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

csb just refuses to let any British car be bad.

I'm the light at the end of the tunnel for britcars.....when it works.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
CSB likes British stuff that even I don't like.

Also, the RR V8 is a bloody good design when you consider the original introduction date.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
So was the six and three quarter.

...an engine designed to withstand service of 200hp.... made 550 in later years.

I'm not sure there is a british car I don't like.

......Oh yeah. any jag from like 97 to 2012.

and a freelander. cause gently caress those things.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

So was the six and three quarter.

...an engine designed to withstand service of 200hp.... made 550 in later years.

I'm not sure there is a british car I don't like.

RR=Rolls Royce, the six-and-three-quarter, yes. Not Range Rover.

Oh, if you thing late-model Jags and Freelanders are bad, you have no idea.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

gently caress the freelander. That and the early AJ V8.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
ahahaha thought you were talking about the ole rover v8. they're decent...but a LS is so much better these days.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO9LYepgRq0

God, this thing sounds awesome :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It sounds like a GT40. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGUwvBG3rQ&t=100s

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Did a little engine degreasing and cleaning yesterday. I have a long way to go, but I took a big layer of grime off.

Looks like I'll be staying on the job I was at on Friday. That means 5 10hr days outside and a 2hr roundtrip commute. At least the OT will pay for the gas...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the gently caress does that triangle mean?

loving Volkswagon.

loving Beetle.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Traction control disabled.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Traction and or stability control malfunction. Probably a wheel speed sensor fault, given age and mileage showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
180 mode, all controls are reversed.

• Locked thread