Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Price history won't change people cornering the market on things.

People are lazy (and usually also rich) as gently caress and don't care about paying more money for the only thing on the AH. What WILL change is that you will be able to buy x/99 of an item, so that would eat into your profits if you sell fish or something in smaller stacks at a huge markup for the people who don't want to spend 25 plat on 99 of some poo poo they don't need outside of one quest.

There are players who are unwilling to spend a lot of money for convenience whether or not there is a price history, and the two groups do not overlap much. These kinds of people have reservations about spending what seems to be a large amount of money regardless of if they actually know what the item is worth. If anything it will cause more items to sell, when people realize "Hey 75 plat is a great deal for these ethereal shard things!" and will stop getting scammed over chat as often.

Edit: Also gently caress PVP in this game. I guess on account of the new map there's nothing but R90 premades. The team with the fewest ragequits and the matches are all 7v20. Jesus christ it's loving terrible.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Tom Powers posted:

Edit: Also gently caress PVP in this game. I guess on account of the new map there's nothing but R90 premades. The team with the fewest ragequits and the matches are all 7v20. Jesus christ it's loving terrible.

pvp in a pve game lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

necrotic posted:

pvp in a pve game lol

pve in a pretty dressup game chiffon salesman simulator lol

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deadtear posted:

pve in a pretty dressup game chiffon salesman simulator lol

more accurate indeed

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
amory told me how she used to run around grabbing thief catchers for shitloads of money so I bought a few nets and couldn't sleep this morning around 3am, dendrome event was popped when I logged in so I port in, hit target macro, and there's an epic thief sitting by the port. And that's the story of how I made 450p after buying the net in 20s.

Nostradamn You
Apr 23, 2011
Trying this poo poo out. Invite character name Drenog please.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
So I played a little while ago, just as RIFT was going f2p, aaaaaaaand.. all my characters are gone. I checked every single shard. Any idea what the hell happened? It acts like i have a brand new account.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wolpertinger posted:

So I played a little while ago, just as RIFT was going f2p, aaaaaaaand.. all my characters are gone. I checked every single shard. Any idea what the hell happened? It acts like i have a brand new account.

There weren't any character wipes or any known issues that caused characters to be deleted. I guess make sure you are looking at the correct region, we are on Deepwood. If you are certain it is the same account and you know what shards they were on, file a ticket.

Farcus
Jan 11, 2004
Togetha?
Just downloaded this game and was wondering is there still a healthy player population? Is there still a goon guild? How is the endgame PVE and PVP? How P2W is this game? I don't mind spending money, thats not the issue but Im hesitant if you can buy the best gear in the game sort of deal. Reason I ask is I saw on the auction house or shop you can actually buy purple gear. I also downloaded Tera, and I'm wondering which game I should sink into.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Farcus posted:

Just downloaded this game and was wondering is there still a healthy player population? Is there still a goon guild? How is the endgame PVE and PVP? How P2W is this game? I don't mind spending money, thats not the issue but Im hesitant if you can buy the best gear in the game sort of deal. Reason I ask is I saw on the auction house or shop you can actually buy purple gear. I also downloaded Tera, and I'm wondering which game I should sink into.

There seems to be a pretty okay population, the cross-shard stuff really helps there. Yes, there is a goon guild, but I don't know how active it is (I'm not in it).

endgame: Find a guild/group to carry you through t1 raids. Most people want to see that you've completed a raid before letting you into their pugs. T2 pugs exist but don't complete the raids usually. T3 pugs sometimes happen, but as far as I know only one pug group's killed an actual t3 boss. You can buy up to tier 2 raid gear with credits, but doing that is hilariously expensive. Just because something is purple or orange doesn't mean it's good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You can't buy BiS gear in Rift, the best you can do is dungeon gear or maybe tier 1. The overall population is healthy and it's a great f2p model, but the goon raiding groups fell apart and you won't see enough people on to run raids. If you end up getting serious into raiding then you might want to move to a guild dedicated to it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
There's an average of 3-6 people online at any time, drops down to 0-2 in the early US/server hours. People are friendly and willing to run stuff if you can catch their attention, I think lanvaren is usually bored and likes to run experts or w/e. There's a few other people leveling and I'll crash babbies through low level dungeons. For end game Eltoasto is right, you can level up in goonsquad, but if you want to be hardcore serious mans raider you'll need to join a stupid hardcore guild.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Lanvaren here. I like to burn the daily charges and I like to do dungeons with at least one other person because if I die a bunch it kind of offsets the value of the reward, especially if it's a low level dungeon. Those usually aren't as bad as the higher level ones, though.

I've gotten in on some PUG raids and they are not bad but people way overestimate how difficult they are.

You can either avoid things that will kill you or get good enough gear that it doesn't matter - so people will want you to have way higher stats than necessary because the latter is how they've managed to progress their guild, usually. And bad (regular) players with bad (on-tier) gear basically contribute nothing.

It makes for a weird endgame. The low tiers are definitely pay to win but you'll be spending hundreds of bucks just to, well, no longer even need to run the raids.

I'd really love to raid with the goons because everybody else seems to take this game way too seriously and I don't have the time or :effort: for that.

Maybe come 3.0, which sounds like it's shaping up pretty well, we'll have more people around.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 28, 2014

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Anyone else have problems with the graphics in this being super blurry and kinda eye hurty on AMD cards? For some reason I can't seem to get it not looking really weird.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Gorelab posted:

Anyone else have problems with the graphics in this being super blurry and kinda eye hurty on AMD cards? For some reason I can't seem to get it not looking really weird.

Turn off anti aliasing.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

2.8 is coming out next Wednesday. It has a new dungeon at 60 and I guess the Infinity Gate is floating away or something?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Rianeva posted:

2.8 is coming out next Wednesday. It has a new dungeon at 60 and I guess the Infinity Gate is floating away or something?

Shits given: still 0.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

I dunno, I think it's 1 if you count your post :haw:.

(I miss you guys).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

deimos posted:

Then why the gently caress even read the thread, much less post?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

deadtear posted:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

That doesn't answer the second half of my question.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

deadtear posted:

That doesn't answer the second half of my question.

:justpost:

I have managed to nail 16 out of every available 24 lootables for two months now.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

I dunno, I think it's 1 if you count your post :haw:.

(I miss you guys).

you should come raid it's really great and not depressing at all oh god how do i make these players good please kill me

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

deadtear posted:

Why do any of us post? What is the meaning of posts?

Why can't I post my acknowledgment of Trion releasing new content while stating that it's not enough to get me interested in the game again in an impertinent manner? Is criticism forbidden in this most positive comedy forums em em oh thread?

Please answer my rhetorical questions, your feedback is very important.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Why can't I post my acknowledgment of Trion releasing new content while stating that it's not enough to get me interested in the game again in an impertinent manner? Is criticism forbidden in this most positive comedy forums em em oh thread?

Yes but how do you feel about Zinbik?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

deimos posted:

Why are you such a smug piece of poo poo for no reason?

Please answer my rhetorical question, your feedback is very important.

Heh, I don't care about this thing so here's me posting how much I don't care.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

They removed the timer from the stolen kidneys! quest in Shimmersand. :(

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 1, 2014

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Yes but how do you feel about Zinbik?

gently caress Zinbik and his vacuum.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
I had the pleasure of raiding with a warrior who was not wearing any warrior Hit gear, it was all cloth and chain, including a mage DPS (so not even a lot of END to be useful for him) necklace.

Yep really important to have 600 hit when none of the gear is beneficial for your class.

Tier 3 ready hit-wise, not even enough dps for tier 1. (6.7k)

Edit: This was also in a tier 1 raid so the extra (about 200) hit literally did nothing.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Wow, that's amazing. What's his name? :v:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
My character's name is malasanya. Please send a guild invite.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Rianeva posted:

I don't remember. It was a guild run (his guild made up I think 7/10 of us) and I remember they were saying we didn't have enough DPS for the last boss, he spoke up and said "I've got enough hit for tier 3 stuff!" and I looked at simplemeter, and in his defense he wasn't the lowest DPS, but since I was in the runnings for top DPS, and a "Tier 3 ready" guy was doing half of my DPS I just had to check his gear.

It was something kind of generic. I wish it were Xxxtehpwnerxxx but no. Their guild name wasn't remarkable either.

And lots of them had on non-class gear, I noticed. They had like 5 clerics in the raid and a lot of them were using mage stuff (a mage necklace dropped and one of them took it since it was better than his old necklace - but that's still OK since it was like 70 int, 50 wis and an upgrade over his old one)

Edit: dammit, I should have taken screenshots of that guy.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 3, 2014

Fufo
Apr 24, 2002

UNEXPECTED!
Character name Fufinski, please invite.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Does it matter? He's a warrior and therefore going to outdps everything except Mages.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I just got to City Core for the first time and met Salvarola. This is the best continent.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

char name sockpuppet, could use an invite :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Downtime till 1130pst but AH patch is up :smith: It'll be more difficult for me to manipulate artifacts but maybe I can get people to stop undercutting down to just above what I'll buy out at (spoiler: no). Also I wonder if there are any AH addons that'll be updated now/soon.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
everybody's jimmies are super rustled over this AH patch

can someone log on to EU real quick and put something up for like 99999999999999 plat and tell me if they get a deposit back after EU patches? because that would be pretty lmao

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Buy orders own, I'm buying bag mats for babbies for stupid cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Holy poo poo, 5% fee being based on the buyout is going to gently caress up the artifact market bad.

• Locked thread