Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

I forget if you need shadowkeeper or if the game actually allows this, but I think you can put a kit on one of your classes when you are multi-classed. If so, I would recommend you do the assassin (although the Kensi or even Berserker could work well with a backstab build too I guess). The assassin gets x7 backstab bonus though which can send you into triple digit damage territory eventually. His poison works really well with the bow too for disrupting spellcasting.

You'll need Shadowkeeper, which will let you add 1 kit. Or you can use this mod to add kits to both classes. It's a little cumbersome, but while I've not tried a full play though with it, I've never had any problems using it.

If you do use shadowkeeper, there's a button marked "Kit" under innate abilities that's needed to add abilities from previous levels of the kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I've made it to Cloakwood, and now I'm having trouble again. I keep getting poisoned by spiders and ettercaps. I went back to get some antidotes, but I don't know how many I need, or if that's even an effective strategy. I also ran into an enemy called a 'hamadryad', who kept teleporting around with a dimensional door, and hitting members of my party with Dire Charm, which makes them hostile.

My party is made up of Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir. Almost everyone is at level 4 (the exception being Imoen who is at level 5). Is that too low of a level to be doing Cloakwood yet? I actually thought that had to do the fight in the Spider Cave before I checked, and found out that there were more parts to Cloakwood. I skipped the map where you find druids, and I'm at the map that has wyverns.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Max Wilco posted:

So I've made it to Cloakwood, and now I'm having trouble again. I keep getting poisoned by spiders and ettercaps. I went back to get some antidotes, but I don't know how many I need, or if that's even an effective strategy. I also ran into an enemy called a 'hamadryad', who kept teleporting around with a dimensional door, and hitting members of my party with Dire Charm, which makes them hostile.

My party is made up of Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir. Almost everyone is at level 4 (the exception being Imoen who is at level 5). Is that too low of a level to be doing Cloakwood yet? I actually thought that had to do the fight in the Spider Cave before I checked, and found out that there were more parts to Cloakwood. I skipped the map where you find druids, and I'm at the map that has wyverns.

Pretty sure you have the cannon party. Nice!

You have the levels you need, it just sounds like you need better battle strategy. Invest in some summon spells, especially animate dead. Undeads are immune to poison. Then try and keep your party members out of melee while your summons soak the hits. Put bows/slings on everyone if you can. Also don't skip the spider cave because you get a free action item inside (immune to annoying webs).

For the poison, you should have 2 uses of slow poison on your PC if you are good alignment. "slow" poison is actually remove poison in this game. It doesn't slow it, it just gets rid of it. It's a lower level spell too so you should memorize a few copies. Save the potions for life or death emergencies only.

For the Dryad, just send in the undead as well. They are immune to charm. Pretty sure elves are also resistant to charm so you might want to just have Jaheira solo that fight. I forget if Minsk has "real berserking" (from the fighter kit) or just limited berserking. Pretty sure real berserking makes you immune to charm and other mind effecting spells. You might want to try and have Minsk solo it in berserk

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

For the poison, you should have 2 uses of slow poison on your PC if you are good alignment. "slow" poison is actually remove poison in this game. It doesn't slow it, it just gets rid of it. It's a lower level spell too so you should memorize a few copies. Save the potions for life or death emergencies only.

IIRC Dynaheir also has 1 use of slow poison as innate ability. Cloakwood and/or spiders were the end of two of my most successful ironman runs. :negative:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Jaheira can memorize slow poison also.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Max Wilco posted:

Look at Jaheira, she should have some spells that prevent poison in addition to curing it, through those on your front liners. As for enemies with dire charm, Minsc's rage ability stops that, so you just need to kit him out in all your best gear and activate it, then have everyone else hang back.

If you feel under-leveled get some potions of mirrored eyes or whatever that prevents petrification then go basilisk hunting.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
How do you make Mazzy's quest trigger in BGII? I've been running all over with her but dude never shows up to tell her about her sister.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Slow Poison actually existed in the base 2nd edition priest spellbook, and did exactly what it sounds like: it delayed poison for some hours so that you could seek a proper cure. I could be wrong, but I assume that the BG in-game implementation was either a bug, an oversight, or a concession to something that they couldn't program correctly. Whatever the reason, making Slow Poison a poison cure spell was a fantastic thing. Having to wait until druid/cleric level 7 to get level 4 spells and actually cure poison was one of the biggest balance issues of 2nd edition, and I cannot tell you how many other D&D games I played where there was no poison cure until that late in the game and poison-using enemies became absolutely terrifying. In terms of balance, it was right up there with clerics getting one heal spell at level 1 (that often healed 1 damage) and then no other until spell level 4. I think when the Tome of Magic came out they introduced Cure Moderate Wounds, which was 2nd or 3rd level, but that wasn't as helpful as you think.

Say what you like about clerics being overpowered in 3rd edition, but they made healing a lot less precious by rebalancing the spells and their levels, adding spontaneous healing, and all the rest of it.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

JustJeff88 posted:

Slow Poison actually existed in the base 2nd edition priest spellbook, and did exactly what it sounds like: it delayed poison for some hours so that you could seek a proper cure. I could be wrong, but I assume that the BG in-game implementation was either a bug, an oversight, or a concession to something that they couldn't program correctly. Whatever the reason, making Slow Poison a poison cure spell was a fantastic thing. Having to wait until druid/cleric level 7 to get level 4 spells and actually cure poison was one of the biggest balance issues of 2nd edition, and I cannot tell you how many other D&D games I played where there was no poison cure until that late in the game and poison-using enemies became absolutely terrifying. In terms of balance, it was right up there with clerics getting one heal spell at level 1 (that often healed 1 damage) and then no other until spell level 4. I think when the Tome of Magic came out they introduced Cure Moderate Wounds, which was 2nd or 3rd level, but that wasn't as helpful as you think.

Say what you like about clerics being overpowered in 3rd edition, but they made healing a lot less precious by rebalancing the spells and their levels, adding spontaneous healing, and all the rest of it.

2nd edition D&D had some horrible balance issues like you describe, and thank god BG kinda skirted the rules on some of this poo poo. Most of the terrible mechanics were found in the old goldbox games though. Remember the sleep spell? You know, that level 1 loving AOE sleep spell that all mages in the game have when they are level 1? The rules said that if you attack a sleeping person you literally just kill them outright in 1 hit. This basically meant that the sleep spell was an AOE death spell that would insta kill everyone in the party who failed their saving throws. And it was LEVEL 1.

Hold person worked the same way. Could you loving imagine how lovely Baldurs Gate would be if every time you took 1hp of damage while you were asleep or held it would just instant kill you no matter how many hit points you had left?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Basically every enemy is a Mind Flayer.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Levantine posted:

How do you make Mazzy's quest trigger in BGII? I've been running all over with her but dude never shows up to tell her about her sister.
Entering the followiing commands should start the quest. Use them outside of Trademeet to be on the safe side.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DannoBeginsPalaPlot","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Pala","GLOBAL",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpawnDanno","GLOBAL",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpawnDannoTimer","GLOBAL",1)

DeathChicken posted:

Basically every enemy is a Mind Flayer.
Even Mind Flayers need to land at least a couple of hits to kill you, unless you've been min-maxing with your Int.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Pretty sure you have the cannon party. Nice!

Too bad the canon party is terrible :(

Khalid is worthless and Jaheira's fighter half seems to do her no favors. I would drop them for Viconia and...I dunno, that evil dwarven shopkeeper with 20 CON? The guy with 20 DEX who asks for help killing wyverns in Cloakwood? Literally anyone is better is than Khalid is what I'm saying.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Khalid is worthless and Jaheira's fighter half seems to do her no favors. I would drop them for Viconia and...I dunno, that evil dwarven shopkeeper with 20 CON? The guy with 20 DEX who asks for help killing wyverns in Cloakwood? Literally anyone is better is than Khalid is what I'm saying.
Coran (the wyvern dude) is an awesome bowman; his 20 Dex and 3 pips on longbows (which actually isn't allowed by the rules) mean he's perfect for the job. He's also a good thief, starting out with maxed out lockpicking skill. All he needs is to raise his trapfinding and you can ditch any pure class thief in the party in favor of an excellent damage dealer who can also serve your thief needs. I'd suggest going to Cloakwood relatively quickly in order to get Coran while the party is low level. One can also go and get Yeslick while he's at it. The latter is a good Fighter/Cleric who can both heal and do well in melee combat.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Factor_VIII posted:

Coran (the wyvern dude) is an awesome bowman; his 20 Dex and 3 pips on longbows (which actually isn't allowed by the rules) mean he's perfect for the job. He's also a good thief, starting out with maxed out lockpicking skill. All he needs is to raise his trapfinding and you can ditch any pure class thief in the party in favor of an excellent damage dealer who can also serve your thief needs. I'd suggest going to Cloakwood relatively quickly in order to get Coran while the party is low level. One can also go and get Yeslick while he's at it. The latter is a good Fighter/Cleric who can both heal and do well in melee combat.

Coran also has a good quest specific to him in Baldur's Gate, though I missed it in my semi-recent playthrough of BG1EE due to a bug. They've since patched it, though.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

Coran also has a good quest specific to him in Baldur's Gate, though I missed it in my semi-recent playthrough of BG1EE due to a bug. They've since patched it, though.
I take it you are not referring to the Brielbara and Yago's Book of Curses quest since any party can get it even if it is to rescue Coran's daughter. Could you let me know what the quest is?

Last time I played I went with a party consisting of a human kensai (melee), Ajantis (melee/party spokesman), Kivan (ranged), Coran (ranged/thief skills), Neera (support spellcaster), Yeslick (melee/healing). One thing I discovered in that playthrough is that once the party mage gains the ability to cast Spirit Armor on a kensai they really become unstoppable.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Factor_VIII posted:

I take it you are not referring to the Brielbara and Yago's Book of Curses quest since any party can get it even if it is to rescue Coran's daughter. Could you let me know what the quest is?

I believe that it was Coran's Daughter (I was trying to avoid spoilers, but never mind), but when I went to the part of Baldur's Gate where it's supposed to begin, it never triggered despite me trying very hard to do so. I looked it up online and apparently it was a known bug in BG1EE before the last major patch, so I had to live without.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I looked it up online and apparently it was a known bug in BG1EE before the last major patch, so I had to live without.
Yeah, that quest is available whether Coran is present or not. If he is in the party then you get some extra dialog where the questgiver berates Coran for getting her pregnant and then abandoning her.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

I believe that it was Coran's Daughter

Factor_VIII posted:

the questgiver berates Coran for getting her pregnant and then abandoning her.

:raise:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Factor_VIII posted:

Entering the followiing commands should start the quest. Use them outside of Trademeet to be on the safe side.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DannoBeginsPalaPlot","GLOBAL",1)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Pala","GLOBAL",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpawnDanno","GLOBAL",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SpawnDannoTimer","GLOBAL",1)

Even Mind Flayers need to land at least a couple of hits to kill you, unless you've been min-maxing with your Int.

Thanks! Is that a bug with the EE version? I swear I traveled for like 20 days and dude never popped up.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

MegaGatts posted:

Yeah, I will say Rasaad's quest line really only works as intended if you take the good options in dialogue. Anything else and his actions lose any semblance rationality because the game refuses to alter course based on Charname's suggestions.

It's quite funny when your lawful good party meets Dorn (a Blackguard and EE-added NPC, pretty much evil incarnate) for a friendly chat. No matter what you say, nothing happens.

Or when you refuse to give the cloak to Hexxat, she just, well... accepts it, and stands there.

I'd rather have 1 well-written and implemented joinable NPC than 4 poorly-done ones.

My gripe with the wild mage is her cringeworthy voice acting. Couldn't get past that.

Kubla Khan fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 26, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So I was griping about the shapeshifter, earlier, and while trawling the internet I found that someone had used NearInfinity to adjust the stats of the "weapon" that shifting in the unmodded game gives you, so I took his adjustments and tinkered just a bit with them. Minor werewolf form now does 1d6+1 slashing damage, so not a huge leap. Greater form does 2d6+2 and has a +4 enchantment, so it's a little more legit as an option for rumbling.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/czmcw341j084hb8/Shapeshifter_Fix.rar

Stick the files in your override folder and voila. Adjustments were made specifically for use in BG2 - that is, if you plugged this into BGEE the shifter would be a tad more overpowered than it already is.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Factor_VIII posted:

You say that when there was a setting that had giant hamsters running on hamster wheels being used as a power source for spaceships?

I see nothing wrong with this. In any case, the Giant Space Hamsters didn't actually move the ship - the ship would have a Spelljammer helm somewhere that actually gave you warp drive, and GSH's were just for show.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kubla Khan posted:

It's quite funny when your lawful good party meets Dorn (a Blackguard and EE-added NPC, pretty much evil incarnate) for a friendly chat. No matter what you say, nothing happens.

Or when you refuse to give the cloak to Hexxat, she just, well... accepts it, and stands there.

I'd rather have 1 well-written and implemented joinable NPC than 4 poorly-done ones.

My gripe with the wild mage is her cringeworthy voice acting. Couldn't get past that.

Not true actually with regards to Dorn. You can provoke him into attacking you with the right dialogue options, and then kill him.

Which I did :haw:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
baldur's gate, nigga! great game

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Wolfsheim posted:

I sort of expected to hear this when I first posted about who was in my party. The truth is I didn't know who to recruit, so I thought the canon party would be a safe bet.

I guess what I'll ask is if there's any benefit in keeping the canon party, aside from just continuity. Truth be told, I'd like to stick with it if I could, but considering how much trouble I've had up to this point, changing the party might be good plan.

I have to ask, though, if there's a way or a place to store equipment, because if I drop Khalid & Jaheira for Coran & Yeslick, I'd like to trade their equipment over to them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

afaik items in containers are never deleted, so just drop their stuff off in a prominent barrel.

You don't miss out on much kicking them out, though entangle is a beastly spell to have.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Max Wilco posted:

I sort of expected to hear this when I first posted about who was in my party. The truth is I didn't know who to recruit, so I thought the canon party would be a safe bet.

I guess what I'll ask is if there's any benefit in keeping the canon party, aside from just continuity. Truth be told, I'd like to stick with it if I could, but considering how much trouble I've had up to this point, changing the party might be good plan.

I have to ask, though, if there's a way or a place to store equipment, because if I drop Khalid & Jaheira for Coran & Yeslick, I'd like to trade their equipment over to them.

In BG1 you have to do what most games of that era made you do before actual "player housing" was invented. Just steal a loving house that looks cool and call it your own. The key is to have a container to put poo poo in because if you leave it on the ground it will eventually disappear. If the house you are claiming has a chest or something you are golden. I don't think things ever disappear if they are in a container. Make sure you pick a house that is centrally located to all the cool zones and hopefully near a shop too.

In BG2 this isn't really necessary because you get a ton of bag items. Potion Box, Ammo Belt, and best of all the mother loving bag of holding. It's not infinite, but its enough to not need a player house. In BG2:EE, Hexet starts with a bag of holding on her which is huge.

Edit: don't worry too much about the cannon party. It's perfectly viable. It's not optimal by far, but its fine. If you are having trouble you need to ditch Khalid ASAP. That will make a big difference. It's not like you get some bonus for importing that party to BG2. In fact, importing your party means very little. Your BG1 experience will have jack poo poo to do with BG2, other than your choice of PC and his stats (this means give all +stat tome to the PC).

GuyDudeBroMan fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 27, 2014

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

In BG1 you have to do what most games of that era made you do before actual "player housing" was invented. Just steal a loving house that looks cool and call it your own. The key is to have a container to put poo poo in because if you leave it on the ground it will eventually disappear. If the house you are claiming has a chest or something you are golden. I don't think things ever disappear if they are in a container. Make sure you pick a house that is centrally located to all the cool zones and hopefully near a shop too.
I never bothered with a house since that meant an extra area transition. I used the containers near the Thunderhammer smithy in Bereghost at the start of the game and then the ones near the entrance to the first area of Baldur's Gate itself you can access. Luckily you're the only person in the world who goes around looting random barrels, so all your treasures are safe.

With BGTutu and EE, another option is to cheat in the bag of holding you get in Saradush which has an enormous carrying capacity and can fit many thousands of items (code is BAG31). It pretty much abolishes the need to manage your inventory, keep redistributing items so as not to go over characters' carrying capacity and needing to make trips to cities to sell things while in the middle of a dungeon, which were of the least fun parts of the game for me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

In BG2 I would always commandeer the Cowled Wizard compound in the Docks, since it was a big place that rest was allowed in. Shame it got swallowed up in ToB

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
A big problem of inventory management is the loving quest items. I'm pretty sure that if your quest is done you can drop 100% of the items related to it in the trash. Like BG1 has 2 really important quest items and the item description literally says "THIS IS IMPORTANT. DO NOT THROW AWAY". For BG2 you should be fine throwing it all out once the quest is closed. If it's something that makes you nervous, like MAYBE it might get used later, just use the bag of holding.

From what I can remember though, the only real item that matters AFTER the quests associated with it are done is the shadow dragon ward stone. But why would you ever go back there after the quest if you dont want to just kill it?

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not true actually with regards to Dorn. You can provoke him into attacking you with the right dialogue options, and then kill him.

Which I did :haw:

Oh well.

It kind of bugged me to find an evil Holy Avenger version in Watcher's Keep that was actually stronger than Holy Avenger (with the SCS nerf) that seemed tailored to him specifically. Did they really need to add that?

I guess I have to stop being grumpy. I'm just not Beamdog's target audience.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

A big problem of inventory management is the loving quest items. I'm pretty sure that if your quest is done you can drop 100% of the items related to it in the trash. Like BG1 has 2 really important quest items and the item description literally says "THIS IS IMPORTANT. DO NOT THROW AWAY". For BG2 you should be fine throwing it all out once the quest is closed. If it's something that makes you nervous, like MAYBE it might get used later, just use the bag of holding.

From what I can remember though, the only real item that matters AFTER the quests associated with it are done is the shadow dragon ward stone. But why would you ever go back there after the quest if you dont want to just kill it?

Isn't part of Mazzy's quest/that weird thing with the hidden treasure past the shadow dragon again?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kubla Khan posted:

It kind of bugged me to find an evil Holy Avenger version in Watcher's Keep that was actually stronger than Holy Avenger (with the SCS nerf) that seemed tailored to him specifically. Did they really need to add that?

I had a Blackguard PC, and it kinda bugged me how much unique paladin gear there was that I never got to use, since I didn't find the Unholy Avenger until ToB. It's is weaker than the unmodded Holy Avenger, doesn't get an upgrade and is pretty deep in the game. You might as well complain that the original dev team was madly in love with Keldorn.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Edit: don't worry too much about the cannon party. It's perfectly viable. It's not optimal by far, but its fine. If you are having trouble you need to ditch Khalid ASAP. That will make a big difference.

My problem with the cannon party is a lack of healing. Jaheira is the only priestly class, and being a druid with mediocre wisdom combined with how healing spells are handed out means that she doesn't have enough healing potential. That said, I'm of the type who doesn't like to abuse resting, so if you don't play that way then it may well not matter. I'm also a terrible hoarder, and the game isn't too frugal about handing out healing potions either.

One thing I wish that were in the game more were regeneration potions; they should have made that into a level 4 or 5 druid spell even. I think that those green beauties heal 1 HP per second for 60 seconds, or something like that. Unfortunately, they are very rare, quite pricey, and obviously aren't what you need for emergency burst healing, but they are fantastic for when you want a lot of healing on one beefy character without burning through half a dozen regular blue healing potions or a ton of priestly spells.

I don't remember if the non-Enhanced versions did this, but whoever made healing spells in EE do max healing every time deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for Services to RPG's That Use lovely 2nd Edition Game Mechanics.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
2nd edition really is terrible.

I forget, didn't IWD have some kind of 3rd edition enabler thing in one of the expansions? Or like a 2.5 edition or something? I thought I remembered something like that. That game would be pretty fun to play through in 3rd edition rules. IWD2 is pretty great.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

2nd edition really is terrible.

I forget, didn't IWD have some kind of 3rd edition enabler thing in one of the expansions? Or like a 2.5 edition or something? I thought I remembered something like that. That game would be pretty fun to play through in 3rd edition rules. IWD2 is pretty great.
The expansion let you turn backstabs into sneak attacks and I think some of the spells were inspired by 3e but nothing really sweeping.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So for those who care, I can confirm Ascension works fine on BG2EE if you use the BP installer. Just download the entire megamod, unchoose everything but Ascension, and it'll install a working version with no bugs.

Apparently all the stuff in the megamod works as well, though not sure if anything else in Big Picture is worth it.

Also with that confirmation, what's uh, what's the benefit to the tougher boss fights? The epilogue changes make sense but the fighter I brought in from BG2 just got SMOKED by the archer Illasera.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 28, 2014

dvl
Mar 9, 2007
n/a

Rookersh posted:

So for those who care, I can confirm Ascension works fine on BG2EE if you use the BP installer. Just download the entire megamod, unchoose everything but Ascension, and it'll install a working version with no bugs.

Apparently all the stuff in the megamod works as well, though not sure if anything else in Big Picture is worth it.

Also with that confirmation, what's uh, what's the benefit to the tougher boss fights? The epilogue changes make sense but the fighter I brought in from BG2 just got SMOKED by the archer Illasera.

Nice timing, I'm planning a new run of BG2 after I finish Original Sin in a few days and I just came here to ask about Ascension. Having not used BP before does it also work with SCS, Tweak pack and Dungeon-be-gone?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I'm playing BG:EE with SCS and trying to enter Firewine Ruins from Jenkal's basement in Gullykin but every time I try and head down I get the message: "A short way down this low, narrow corridor, it is blocked by a sturdy iron door that has been barred from the other side. You will have to find another way around." Is this supposed to happen? No guide online mentions this. Also, Jenkal keeps disappearing whenever I initiate combat.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
Pretty sure that's an SCS change so that you have to go through the whole dungeon instead of skipping straight to the end.