Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That bank is lacking jorts.
(blue gnome shorts from keldagrim)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That bank is lacking jorts.
(blue gnome shorts from keldagrim)

I certainly am not. Tab 7 third row down ;)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh. You putting them on the infrequent tab makes it better? :colbert:

Move that poo poo to tab 1. Or at least 6.

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Oh. You putting them on the infrequent tab makes it better? :colbert:

Move that poo poo to tab 1. Or at least 6.

Will be moved to tab 1 first item immediately. What was I thinking?!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

A good man.

So... umm... Jagex updates. They sure are crazy, am i right?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

e: So... umm... Double posting is crazy, am i right?

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 22, 2014

Whyareall
Jul 22, 2014

Spergminer posted:

Monkey Madness will never ever get anything but an extremely superficial graphic update. Hell, rumor has it that the piss poor coding is the reason why they're still using the 2004 RS2 monkey model, instead of the newer A) 2008/2012 Summoning/Dealga model, B) 2009 Armies of Gielinor model or the C) 2012 Barrel of monkeys model or even the D) 2014 Cheeky monkey pet Model.

Ape Atoll is one of my favorite areas in the game, you always find some new weird poo poo, forgotten details or items or NPCs, it's madness. It even had a broken adamant pickaxe for a while after they were removed. The monkey skull in the locked off section of the dungeon that leads up to a one way ladder in a tiny house with a spider and a ladder you cannot climb. The endless cliffhangers that will never be resolved, the Zaros/Marimbo monkey at the hidden exit in the Jungle demon arena, the patrolling Uncle, the gorillas that blocks your movement, the strange blue faced gorilla greegree that was released with Zombie Implings, everything about Ape Atoll is great in a horrible broken way.

So that's probably why there was a noclip on the Ape Atoll agility course letting you run about on the 2nd storey of most of the game map in the sky. And spend hours trying to navigate around the invisible walls placed at random.

If anyone was actually wondering, the bit east of Meiyerditch that isn't yet open is empty. Kind of obviously. And you still take damage from the cold near the GWD entrance even if you are on the second storey. Bit of an ohshit moment.

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014
So this happened today, I got set my first Banshee task ever as well.
Eat your heart out Trimmed Compers.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

I've returned on my journey to master fishing cape. It's a long one.

Only ~70m xp to go!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
New Adventurer's Log:

New and amazing Photoshop Brushsplats:

Gnome formation - more orderly than pubbies:

And finally, after a break from Celestials, 7 kills in:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

And finally, after a break from Celestials, 7 kills in:

Pleáse stop, your luck is too much for the rest of the clan.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
As I said I would in clan chat:

:poopsock:

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Incredible.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Themata posted:

Needs to be in OP, literally everywhere.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

Someone needs to buy this for the whole games forum to use.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Why not both?

Scape n vape.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvc3SugOQQo
Skip past 1:00 for sick awesome insult.

Got my final triskelion key piece.

The result was so disappointing that my screenshot didn't even take for the results, but it did give me an elite clue!

Same deal, and the screenshot somehow didn't take again. :eng99:

A true nerd.

e:

Themata fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 28, 2014

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Found some old screens

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
I haven't been able to log in in over a week, every time I click "Play Now" it just goes to a black screen that will turn white if I go to another tab and come back. Reinstalled Java 4 times and made sure old versions were gone, and have permission to run it turned on in chrome. Does anyone know what the hell is happening?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Professor Oak posted:

I haven't been able to log in in over a week, every time I click "Play Now" it just goes to a black screen that will turn white if I go to another tab and come back. Reinstalled Java 4 times and made sure old versions were gone, and have permission to run it turned on in chrome. Does anyone know what the hell is happening?

Clean your jagex cache and check if your browser is being anal about security. Chrome is the prime Runescape browser but it also blackouts quite often on my laptop, so I'm using firefox instead.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

ARAXXOR gonna be awesome. TOMORROW WOO

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Give me money Flex:

Yo Eleven
Aug 5, 2010
Any suggestions for making money at "lower" levels? I've made about 2 million so far off of various things, but with a lot of my skills between 20 and 40, what's the best way to get some extra coin?

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I found an old photobucket album of mine with a bunch of screenshots of RS from 2008 and before. Pizza Lady asked me to share this ancient poo poo with the thread, so I uploaded everything to an imgur album. Hopefully this works properly.

http://imgur.com/a/nlxMD

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Mine: http://imgur.com/a/Vl7Qg

You will notice a trend with some of the screenshots I took. :eng99:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxW6jDwM45w

Check it, Pizzo.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I liked your album. It makes me feel better about mine. :unsmith:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Themata posted:

Mine: http://imgur.com/a/Vl7Qg

You will notice a trend with some of the screenshots I took. :eng99:

I'm curious about your old account name and what was so shameful about it that it couldn't even be included in those pictures

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Yo Eleven posted:

Any suggestions for making money at "lower" levels? I've made about 2 million so far off of various things, but with a lot of my skills between 20 and 40, what's the best way to get some extra coin?

Catch swamp lizards east of Canafis with the hunter skill. They are used as a summoning ingredient and are currently worth 4.6k each. All you need are a few rope and fishing nets. It's super easy and chill and is decent hunter xp for someone level 29-50 hunter.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

strap on revenge posted:

I'm curious about your old account name and what was so shameful about it that it couldn't even be included in those pictures

I'd give her the benefit of a doubt and assume that the name on those screenshots matches her actual account username which wouldn't be good to pass around. Name change doesn't affect the account name.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
You willingly did Skullball? Ugh.

heyfresh888
Feb 8, 2010
Just bought a membership because I need a hobby. I've never played before. I've got three quests done and now I'm wondering around hitting trees and such. Not really sure what direction to go in but the game seems fun so far. I'm interested in just doing aimless poo poo to make my character better and then wilderness seems fun. What can I waste my money on to make the game easier for me.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

heyfresh888 posted:

Just bought a membership because I need a hobby. I've never played before. I've got three quests done and now I'm wondering around hitting trees and such. Not really sure what direction to go in but the game seems fun so far. I'm interested in just doing aimless poo poo to make my character better and then wilderness seems fun. What can I waste my money on to make the game easier for me.

If you're brand new, don't go into the wilderness unless you want to risk your rear end for some cheap steel armour. There's a bunch of high level resources and training options in there, but you should stick to Burthope and Lumbridge until you can deal with the wolves on the Ice mountain.

Do the Cook's Assistant quest and start Recipe for Disaster once you have 10 Cooking, it's a quest that contains 10 quests and you can do parts of it and get rewards as you level up. If you need easy money, open the helmet menu and pick Achievements, doing these gives you between 70-5000 coins for every task.

As for wasting money, train Construction :getin:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

heyfresh888 posted:

If you need gear, ask goons. We have people who can make every piece of gear up to like level 40 (50? I forget what Rune is) and for whom the cost of most/all dragon gear is next to nothing. There's no reason to grind cash at the utterly deplorable rates available to newbies when high level goons can (and will) toss you a million gold - enough to last a brand new player like a couple months of buying everything in sight that you can use - because high level players who know what they're doing can make a few million an hour.

Also, dive into Slayer ASAP. Training your combat just for the sake of training your combat is largely a waste of time, do slayer, collect charms, and save yourself a bunch of grinding down the road by double and triple-dipping your skill training. Doing Slayer and collecting charms instead of just grinding random mobs means you can train direct combat skills (ie melee/range/mage), slayer, and summoning all at the same time.

E: Actually if you see me online (Magres in game too) yell at me and I'll throw a mill at you to get you started.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 28, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Spergminer posted:

If you need easy money, open the helmet menu and pick Achievements, doing these gives you between 70-5000 coins for every task.

This isn't true right now because it's been bugged for months.

!!!

You have to claim it from Explorer Jack. Thanks Deadly Theif!

quote:

- Made revolution begin firing abilities faster, to prevent revolution from not starting for a couple rounds of combat.
- Godswords can now have their passive effects toggled on again when used on the appropriate Godwars boss altar.

Themata fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
So I did this thing with the Chaos Dwarves in Taverly Dungeon:

SHOCK AND AWE