Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

there's no reason to believe google or her job were involved, maybe she pissed off enough people that some weirdo started bothering her irl or something

it happens all the time to much less lovely women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
See you in Pittsburgh

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Torka posted:

there's no reason to believe google or her job were involved, maybe she pissed off enough people that some weirdo started bothering her irl or something

it happens all the time to much less lovely women

The fact that this took place on a Monday though does make it suspect

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Let's split the difference and say one of her co workers got fed up and pooped on her desk or something

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Google probably wouldn't have cared but when you spew all this garbage and ALSO represent yourself as an employee, you're going to have problems. Google is already pretty concerned about its image what with all the drama surrounding their busses and all.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

revmoo posted:

Google probably wouldn't have cared but when you spew all this garbage and ALSO represent yourself as an employee, you're going to have problems. Google is already pretty concerned about its image what with all the drama surrounding their busses and all.

The using the real name plus tweeting as if you're speaking for google is a bad decision

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

The using the real name plus tweeting as if you're speaking for google is a bad decision

Especially when you're tweeting about the innate superiority of white people while holding yourself out as the representative of a company that already has a major problem with diversity. Don't embarrass Skynet, Justine, there are repercussions.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

justine did actually tell me once that i should be using my real name on twitter, which i did for all of like 5 minutes before i just went gently caress this and went back to a screen-name.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it seems like a great way to gently caress up your professional life.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
So her website is still up, although she hasn't updated in a few weeks. Any other ways of keeping up to date with her? I want to know if she got fired, because that would give me a boner.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
She's probably just going to get yelled at by Google and told to knock it off, then she'll come back a week from now at about half power with a sob story about how she deleted her twitter because of "death threats." That seems to be the usual MO of the internet blowhard.

Pollyanna posted:

justine did actually tell me once that i should be using my real name on twitter, which i did for all of like 5 minutes before i just went gently caress this and went back to a screen-name.

Both you and that cat in your avatar are smarter than Justine.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 28, 2014

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
she saw harume nui's solemn vow to kill all nerds and had like three panic attacks

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Kyrie eleison posted:

the term for these is TERFs, Trans Exclusive Radical Feminists, and needless to say they are shitlords.
terfs are by definition not trans, but there is a separate phenomenon of trans people trying to gain respectability by distancing themselves from "queers"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Samuel posted:

You think an HR employee actually investigated after somebody snitched, or that google's evil AI mainframe actually picked up on unsanctioned political "activism" from it's assets.

Or some other Google employees are goons and ran across this thread. I wouldn't rule that out.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is why they don't let programers talk to customers

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
There have been quite a few people retweeting some of her choicer philosophical nuggets to @google, so it's not like it would involve a lot of sleuthing on their part. Honestly, I doubt the retarded political poo poo she is spouting matters all that much to them, though the Shockley-style racism is getting really close to the line. If they're pissed at her, it's way more likely that it's over her constant implications that she speaks for the company. Corporations really do not like it when employees drag their name into puerile twitter slapfights.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao her twitter is down? i thought she wasn't ashamed of her sophisticated political views

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fandyien posted:

lmao her twitter is down? i thought she wasn't ashamed of her sophisticated political views

"Let's bring back slavery, all you pissants live to serve me! You can't touch me because I AM GOOGLE BITCH!"

Pretty much what she was doing. I was waiting for Google to have enough of that.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The world's just not ready for a genious of this caliber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

maybe the prince bishop of lichtenstein will hire her or something

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fandyien posted:

maybe the prince bishop of lichtenstein will hire her or something

with a diplomacy score like hers shell be lucky to land a chancellor position in finland, let alone christendom

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
there's no way she got fired, at most its a slap on the wrist probationary period from hr

doesn't stop it from being loving hilarious though lmao

Dec 26, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

she saw harume nui's solemn vow to kill all nerds and had like three panic attacks

she is triggered by insanely brutal nerd death threats, and frankly, i dont blame her

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i highly doubt she got fired, she's probably just been told to knock it off

tbqh i think her whole thing about GOOGLE IS GREAT I SPEAK FOR GOOGLE is because they offered her money when she was getting cancer treatment, so she's rather attached to them. i mean, i can understand why, but trying to suck up to a company never ever goes well. she'd be well-served by making herself out to speak on an individual level rather than flying a banner everywhere.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
lol did any of you read her Give Matriarchy a Chance thing? it's actually a hilarious satire which ends up defining matriarchy as women being stay at home mothers and men being forced to do all the unpleasant things like work jobs, do physical labor, manage money and fight wars

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i thought the matriarchy was whne you unironically supported Marine Le loving Pen. consistency, justine.

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The world's just not ready for a genious of this caliber

This will be the actual reason give when the self-aggrandizing Twitter rants and the pills can no longer keep the depression and self-loathing at bay and we get the inevitable suicide in five years' time.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kyrie eleison posted:

lol did any of you read her Give Matriarchy a Chance thing? it's actually a hilarious satire which ends up defining matriarchy as women being stay at home mothers and men being forced to do all the unpleasant things like work jobs, do physical labor, manage money and fight wars

oh yeah that reminds me, she had this sorta thing about really traditional, bullshit old-style discretion between men and women. she always said her ideal life was being a stay at home mother like you said and popping out babies. i honestly found that kind of backwards.

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

Pollyanna posted:

she always said her ideal life was being a stay at home mother like you said and popping out babies.

I don't know if you guys have been paying attention but...

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Kyrie eleison posted:

the term for these is TERFs, Trans Exclusive Radical Feminists, and needless to say they are shitlords.

They're right about everything though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kirk Johnson posted:

believe me, i am aware.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Kirk Johnson posted:

:thejoke: please remember that she is sublimely clever, and playful

circ dick soleil posted:

They're right about everything though.

:rolleyes:

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

paranoid randroid posted:

i thought the matriarchy was whne you unironically supported Marine Le loving Pen. consistency, justine.

no that was part of a incredible logic trap where she owned feminists by pointing out their hypocrisy

its because they have a consistent agenda instead of being blindly loyal chauvinists to any dipshit with a vagina

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
basically

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Pollyanna posted:

her ideal life was being a stay at home mother like you said and popping out babies.

Having endured the pain of birthing a child through the penis hole is just one more thing making Justine Tunney a better person than all you liberal cis peasants

The Time Dissolver fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 28, 2014

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCfjLfitMOM

She sounds exactly like my rival in this video and it makes me really angry.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Pollyanna posted:

tbqh i think her whole thing about GOOGLE IS GREAT I SPEAK FOR GOOGLE is because they offered her money when she was getting cancer treatment, so she's rather attached to them. i mean, i can understand why, but trying to suck up to a company never ever goes well. she'd be well-served by making herself out to speak on an individual level rather than flying a banner everywhere.

And she repaid them for their kindness by dragging their name through the mud of her intellectually-shallow flirtation with fascism. Nice.

I think the simpler explanation is that she is a very insecure person with both an inflated opinion of her own abilities and a bad case of imposter syndrome, so yammering about how you have to take her seriously because she is a part of the Google makes her feel more confident when spouting her half-baked sophomorisms to a generally mocking and unreceptive world.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Pollyanna posted:

but seriously though, google has been better to her than the activist moment ever has been, and her problems do not stem from google but rather d&d goon types getting all political outragey at her for being clever on the internet. the best possible outcome for her is just remembering she is inherently above you lot, you're the peanut gallery. she is under no obligation to accept being humbled by a bunch of sjw (yes that's what you are).

of all the images to choose to own her with...

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Hahaha, she is back with a protected account. Oh, Justine, you special, special little flower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
kyrie i liked your Ignatius Loyola On The Internet gimmick better

• Locked thread