Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, Sarah Newlin is the antidote.

Worst. Antitote. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

J33uk posted:

Ahahaha this is loving insane

This is high praise for True Blood.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
If Newme (ha!) is the antidote, then why did sucking her blood make her sister sick?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Wow. That fairy sure is dumb.

Maybe Granddaddy Fairy will pop out of nowhere and save her.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 28, 2014

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

If Newme (ha!) is the antidote, then why did sucking her blood make her sister sick?

I don't think the sister bit her the first time. She was about to but then got 'sick' or whatever and ended up passing out.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Mister Kingdom posted:

She got sick before she bit. As someone who has been sick to their stomach all day, just the smell of food is enough to set me off.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bored posted:

Wow. That fairy sure is dumb.

Hormones will do that to you.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

the past couple of episodes have been awesome.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Need to mix the "namaste" gif and a "I am Vampire savior" gif.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SARAH NEWLIN IS THE ANTIDOTE!!!!!

:allears:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pretty cool of Bill to kill the only lawyer willing to help vampires.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

nooneofconsequence posted:

She wasn't helping at all did you even watch the show?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

She was helping. She was obviously up to speed on all current vampire laws and laid out all the realistic options Bill had. Bill wanted special treatment. She gave him her price so he killed her.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

She was helping. She was obviously up to speed on all current vampire laws and laid out all the realistic options Bill had. Bill wanted special treatment. She gave him her price so he killed her.

She is offering the possibility of her being useful at all for 10 million. Any other option and he is dead before he sees court. A total vulture

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

She also wasn't the only lawyer willing to help since she mentioned that the price would be the same elsewhere.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Maybe Bill shouldn't have waited 120 years to update his will only when he was dying and expected special treatment when there so many other dying vampires who needed help and got there before him. And he completely hosed over all the other dying vampires she was representing.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Yeah, I really cannot follow how we're supposed to feel about Bill at this point. They add him having been in the Underground Railroad, then

"You are a vulture!"

*Murders lawyer and random security guard*

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Wow Jason was a loving dick about all that. I never liked Violet much, up until this episode when I genuinely felt bad for her. Jason eventually decided to fess up so he earns some credit there, but still, way too late, dude.

Greaseman posted:

Yeah, I really cannot follow how we're supposed to feel about Bill at this point. They add him having been in the Underground Railroad, then

"You are a vulture!"

*Murders lawyer and random security guard*

I think the implication was supposed to be that she only asked for $10 million because she knew how much money Bill had, and that she had power over him, and so she was trying to bleed him for all he had. Pretty lovely but probably not deserving of murder - but then, that goes back to the vampires who were talking about "yeah you talk a good game now, but what kind of lines will you cross when you're about to die and desperate".

So the lawyer was trying to extort/fleece a dying man for all he had, and we're supposed to dislike her for that, but we're supposed to think that Bill's starting to lose control, too.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Maybe Bill shouldn't have waited 120 years to update his will only when he was dying and expected special treatment when there so many other dying vampires who needed help and got there before him. And he completely hosed over all the other dying vampires she was representing.

Yeah, maybe.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, all those poor other vampire clients who had weeks to live. If it wasn't for Bill they could have gotten their poo poo resolved in a short six months. Bill's actions sure did have a real effect on their situation. Grr Bill! gently caress lawyer vulture, everyone is better off now. The only dumb part of the scene was that he even tried to glamour her at all.

This season started off pretty bad but the recent upswing has been pretty great.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
In all fairness its possible that the lawyer lady wasn't able to help Bill at all because he A) didn't have his legal poo poo in order at all, and B) has a strain that's progressing more rapidly than anyone else's (it seems like Eric has been alive for months with Hep V so theoretically someone who first contracts it would have the ability to wait a few months to let whatever legal process they need go through.)

So theoretically, because she did know the legal proceedings quite well, she probably was of good help to someone who didn't have those problems. I doubt she was asking postal worker vampire for 10 million, for example.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

XboxPants posted:

So the lawyer was trying to extort/fleece a dying man for all he had, and we're supposed to dislike her for that, but we're supposed to think that Bill's starting to lose control, too.

Well, she is extorting literal blood sucking vampires who've been murdering, glamering and feeding off humans like they were cattle for how many centuries? She's bad, but it's not like she's fleecing innocent kids out of their lunch money.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Great, Tara's dumb off-screen death is now reduced to a plot device for Lettie-May's junkie angst, and she's even dragging Lafayette down with her. I know people have been hating on her since S1 but this can't possibly be worth it.

TB really needs a big bad antagonist to focus on and keep the dumb soapy personal drama on the side because god drat this episode was painful to sit through.

The AIDS allegory main plot is lame as hell and has been done way better hundreds of times since the 80s.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Krowley posted:

The AIDS allegory main plot is lame as hell and has been done way better hundreds of times since the 80s.

Better and with more tact. I mean:

Illuen posted:

Really, True Blood, you've never been subtle but a pink triangle "Silence=Death"?

At this point they're just stealing leftover props from A Normal Heart.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, all those poor other vampire clients who had weeks to live. If it wasn't for Bill they could have gotten their poo poo resolved in a short six months. Bill's actions sure did have a real effect on their situation. Grr Bill! gently caress lawyer vulture, everyone is better off now. The only dumb part of the scene was that he even tried to glamour her at all.
It was only going to take Bill that long because he wanted to adopt Jessica, and he only needed to do that because apparently in the time since vampires revealed themselves he's taken the trouble to make sure he has legal ownership of his stuff, but has never bothered to make a will. Presumably before humans knew about vampires, they had to hide their assets, because they can't exactly do stuff openly. If his assets were still hidden, he wouldn't need a will. In fact, I don't understand why he has one in the first place, since he apparently made it after becoming a vampire.

Secondly, the fact that she had the ability to move him to the front of the queue and get his poo poo resolved in time means that whoever is already at the front of the queue was going to have everything sorted out until he killed her.

And given that it was daytime, and he killed two people in front of a room full of witnesses, how the hell did he get out of there? Why were none of those vampires waiting there pissed off about him killing their lawyer? At the very least, someone should have called the police. But it's night again when he gets home, so apparently he just spent the rest of the day in the waiting room, along with all those people who just saw him murder two people?

On the other hand, I'm actually enjoying the Lettie May story now. I want to see where it's going. But I'm getting kind of bored with Pam and Eric. They're going to find Sarah but somehow but the company people will find out that she's the cure so they'll try to stop Eric from killing her, but he probably will anyway, and then they'll probably make a cure from her blood or something. Boring.

tatopom
Apr 9, 2009
Does anyone know why Violet is going after Adeline and the kid? I mean as revenge against Jason and not the fairy blood stuff.

"Ah, now my ridiculously circuitous plan for revenge is one quarter complete!" :devil:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I dunno but we saw the kid's butt so whatever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

tatopom posted:

Does anyone know why Violet is going after Adeline and the kid? I mean as revenge against Jason and not the fairy blood stuff.

"Ah, now my ridiculously circuitous plan for revenge is one quarter complete!" :devil:
Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. If she just wanted the fairy blood then she could just kill the boy and kidnap the girl. She only needs to trick them into going with her voluntarily if she wants one or both of them alive and cooperative for some reason. Maybe it's to get at Jessica somehow, because she knows Jessica was protecting Adeline?

tatopom
Apr 9, 2009
Yeah I forgot about that. Violet going after Jessica instead of Jason would fit.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Violet is much older than Jessica right? So she should completely mangle her in a fight?

Or did they just abandon the age = strength thing too?

If Jessica isn't murdered by fairy blood powered Violet I'm gonna be disappointed

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
My first thought was that Violet is going to kill Andy's fairy daughter and somehow frame Jessica for it, since Jessica already has an awful history with Andy's girls. Jason doesn't really have any deep ties to the fairy girl and her boyfriend so it doesn't make much sense to me for Violet to simply kill fairy girl. Framing Jessica (and maybe even killing her) would certainly hurt and piss off Jason though and I suspect that's what Violet would like to do short of killing him.

I'm just glad Nicole seems to be on her way out. She is so loving boring. Now if we could only get rid of Holly- she's boring as hell too. Frank Sobokta Andy's loving awesome though.

For now I'm sticking to my previously stated idea of there being some sort of Vampire afterlife or limbo... what with Lafayette and Lettie Mae's visions of Tara and all. I knew there was absolutely no way we'd seen the last of Tara already.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 28, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Duggler posted:

Violet is much older than Jessica right? So she should completely mangle her in a fight?

Or did they just abandon the age = strength thing too?

The True Blood wiki says Violet is around 800 years old, so she should be capable of utterly destroying Jessica in a fight. But then, last season they had Tara beating an older vampire using her rad kickboxing skills, so who the gently caress knows. :shrug:

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
It kinda drives me nuts that the state of Louisiana would let Bill adopt another vampire, but won't let him write a will.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

The True Blood wiki says Violet is around 800 years old, so she should be capable of utterly destroying Jessica in a fight. But then, last season they had Tara beating an older vampire using her rad kickboxing skills, so who the gently caress knows. :shrug:
Don't you have to kinda fight to be decent at fighting off a (I'm guessing somewhat older, not much older) vamp? Like even if Stephen Root's vampire were 200 years old I doubt he did much fighting that even Jessica could kick his rear end, since she apparently can put up a fight. I'm guessing Violet would whoop her easily considering how often she goes about saying she lived in a time where you had to be violent as gently caress.

Also RIP Stephen Root as a schlubby vampire. At least we saw more run-of-the-mill regular vamps in that waiting room.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

I'm just curious, instead of killing the lawyer why not just transfer his liquid funds to accounts for Jessica and sign over his property before he dies? That seems like it would be faster than winding through the court system

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I can't believe we're a handful of episodes away from the series finale and some of you are still waiting for this show to start making sense.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brennan posted:

I'm just curious, instead of killing the lawyer why not just transfer his liquid funds to accounts for Jessica and sign over his property before he dies? That seems like it would be faster than winding through the court system

Because that wouldn't be terribly convoluted. You might as well ask why he brought his will that was written in the 1800s when he surely has more assets now than is listed in the old will.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience

Brennan posted:

I was thinking that, too.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
I just don't understand what the payoff with the whole Tara thing is supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Shrimpy posted:

I just don't understand what the payoff with the whole Tara thing is supposed to be.

Jessica's/Lafayette's boyfriend is going to turn Leddie-Mae in that garden or something I bet. In reality I don't really see the point of this whole loving season.

They could have killed off the vamps entirely with hep V and it could have shown very heavy handedly that humans were the real monsters all along. But now that Sarah 'Newme' Newlin is a literal walking antidote I'm not sure what is going to happen. Eric is probably going to drink her blood and be cured, the Yakuza should be kidnapping her and making antidotes or something. So after Hep V is gone the bad guy is..... Violet?

Is Violet really going to be the final boss of True Blood?

And why the gently caress did Sarah's sister answer the door so loving casually knowing that her sister is hiding out there?

I need Ja Rule to come help me make sense of all this

• Locked thread