Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Plom Bar posted:

I'd call that justifiable self defense.

Sibrel pressed charges for assault and the judge ruled Glenn was provoked and dismissed the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
While this thread DID have that "most punchable face" discussion some time back, I don't think it has often gone to the level of "these facial characteristics are signs of obvious mental illness", but maybe I'm crazy.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Plom Bar posted:

While this thread DID have that "most punchable face" discussion some time back, I don't think it has often gone to the level of "these facial characteristics are signs of obvious mental illness", but maybe I'm crazy.

Look in the mirror, is there white visible above your irises?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

razorrozar posted:

Sibrel pressed charges for assault and the judge ruled Glenn was provoked and dismissed the case.

Isn't that what also happened with what's his name that got punched by a union member?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I hope you're getting this eye thing from somewhere more rigorous than here

quote:

When the bottom of the white part of the eye, known as the sclera, is visible it is referred to as 'Yin Sanpaku' in Chinese lore. According to the myth, it represents physical imbalance in the body and is claimed to be present in alcoholics, drug addicts and people who overconsume sugar or grain. Conversely when the upper sclera is visible this is called 'Yang Sanpaku'. This is said to be an indication of mental imbalance in people such as psychotics, murderers, and anyone rageful. Stress and fatigue may also be a cause.
In August 1963, macrobiotic pioneer George Ohsawa predicted that President John F. Kennedy would experience great danger because of his sanpaku condition. This was reported by Tom Wolfe in the New York Herald Tribune.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SedanChair posted:

I hope you're getting this eye thing from somewhere more rigorous than here

I was making a bad joke, not defending the eye thing. All I said on the subject was that she doesn't look quite right, like a video game character (:ironicat:) that isn't animated properly. Trying to diagnose someone with mental illness based on a five-second gif is profoundly dumb.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Please don't bite down too hard on SedanChair's pre-breakfast warmup trolls. These threads get insuffrable when everyone is trying to put one over on everyone else to prove they are the Best Poster.

Also it's lame to purposely distort what someone else said so you can trigger an outrage-based derail. These are my Posting Grievances.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 28, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Please don't bite down too hard on SedanChair's pre-breakfast warmup trolls. These threads get insuffrable when everyone is trying to put one over on everyone else to prove they are the Best Poster.

Also it's lame to purposely distort what someone else said so you can trigger an outrage-based derail. These are my Posting Grievances.

SedanChair, while certainly making mountains out of molehills, isn't wholly wrong. People shouldn't get creepy and weird with fantasizing about punching someone in the face (man or woman), and they really shouldn't double down by saying "It's ok to want to punch that woman because I want to punch Sean Hannity too!". That's really hosed up.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I do not want to punch the idiot youtube woman.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Good grief. She is astoundingly punchable.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If your response to "that woman is not feminist" is "I would like to direct violence toward her," you are not doing feminism correctly and you should re-evaluate some things about the way you think.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh look a goon said something dumb trying to make a bad joke, it's time for a three page self-reflexive derail about the nature of leftism.

I, too, disapprove of punching women. This is not intended to be a statement in favor of punching men, I am just stating my opinions about woman punches. Can we get a quorum on punching women, in the face? Someone want to keep track of the anti-womanpunchers ITT?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Oh look a goon said something dumb trying to make a bad joke, it's time for a three page self-reflexive derail about the nature of leftism.

Thread dedicated to making fun of people saying dumb things makes fun of somebody saying a dumb thing.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Tibeerius posted:

I can't help but think of it as a self-contradictory Venn diagram.
Naturally the image they show is of a woman who is well past the point when she would be able to get an abortion unless there was a problem with the pregnancy that would kill her otherwise. Pro-lifers just can't help lying all the time apparently.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

gently caress off I will relish the day sean hannity gets punched in his smug loving face.
I don't want him to get punched, but there are very few people whose punchifying I would mourn less, or whose faces seem so much a natural fit for a meeting with a fist.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Who What Now posted:

It pretty clearly is a pro-abortion image. The baby's body doesn't get to stay in the woman's body if she doesn't want it to! AGC

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

SedanChair, while certainly making mountains out of molehills, isn't wholly wrong. People shouldn't get creepy and weird with fantasizing about punching someone in the face (man or woman), and they really shouldn't double down by saying "It's ok to want to punch that woman because I want to punch Sean Hannity too!". That's really hosed up.

You're right. Ideally, no one should want to punch anyone. Equal-opportunity punching is still much worse than no punching.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
In a world where women disproportionally face domestic violence and also violence for having wrong opinions/ideas, it is wrong to talk about punching women that you disagree with.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Swan Oat posted:

In a world where women disproportionally face domestic violence and also violence for having wrong opinions/ideas, it is wrong to talk about punching women that you disagree with.

Is this not all punchable women, or no true punchable woman?

vvvvv It was a joke. Get over yourself.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 28, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Shut the gently caress up, Vox.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

razorrozar posted:

I was making a bad joke, not defending the eye thing. All I said on the subject was that she doesn't look quite right, like a video game character (:ironicat:) that isn't animated properly.

I think the thing about the facial expressions that pisses me off the most is that she seems to be using it for her strawman "feminist" character, in a real-life example of Dumb And So God drat Crazy.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Nevvy Z posted:

Someone doesn't understand the distinction between systematic issues and personal choices.

Yeah, they're called feminazis!

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I think the thing about the facial expressions that pisses me off the most is that she seems to be using it for her strawman "feminist" character, in a real-life example of Dumb And So God drat Crazy.

I'm not clear if those are the words of the woman in the video or just the MRA's snarky "interpretation" of her actual words. She looks familiar but I can't place from where.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Skex posted:

I'm not clear if those are the words of the woman in the video or just the MRA's snarky "interpretation" of her actual words. She looks familiar but I can't place from where.

She rings the Boxxy bell for me.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Don't have a screen shot handy and it's been a few days since I saw it, but apparently the right are up in arms about this moronic Marine who "accidentally" drove into Mexico with several loaded firearms and is now sitting in a Mexican jail awaiting trial, they're trying to generate outrage that Obama hasn't insisted on this guys freedom comparing it to Bergdahl as if someone being captured in an active war zone by the enemy is exactly the same as being arrested in an allied foreign nation for breaking their laws.

I've been pointing out that I recall a few years back when Texas executed a Mexican national over the strenuous objections of the Mexican government and none of the right wingers seemed to understand that by doing so we were leaving ourselves in a position were we'd have no leg to stand on in cases where American citizens are arrested another country. And now here we are.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Rewinding the clock a little bit:

Verisimilidude posted:

I don't know how it is in other martial arts circles, but I'd be interested to know.

I sometimes teach the beginner's class for the martial arts I do, and I tell people, "I try not to make it my business to know why people show up. It's my business instead why they end up staying." Eventually, I usually find out people's backstories, and I've gotten some doozies. Poor little me getting bullied is one thing, but right now the women taking the art around me are pretty split 50/50 between "because I thought it would be fun" and "I've had something really horrible happen to me!" A new one showed up recently completely unabashed that a stranger recently tried to sexually assault her. It's at a point where I'm thinking trying to act oblivious to all that is not the most effective way to handle it, but I am in no way qualified to bring these backstories into their training without it horrifically blowing up in my face.

One of the other martial arts clubs where I practice had a rule sheet up for a long time about conduct, and it mentioned something to the effect of "treat members of the opposite sex with care." Sometimes during a break I'd point it out. We could all chuckle, but we all knew what it was trying to say: put on the kid gloves for women because we don't hit girls. I had pondered replacing the sheet with a carefully altered version that had a rule of "Women can attain the rank of 8th degree, but men can only attain the rank of 6th degree" and other fun little things.

The dojo where I grew up was accommodating, in no part to, IMO, the first student being a woman. The guy was also running it as a business and knew enough not to turn away 50% of his potential customer base. Over the years he tried various schemes though, and it looks like he's pretty much running it as a cardio kickboxing joint now. Of course that's crammed full of women. I think that gets treated as an "appropriate place" for women. That is, "the appropriate place for a woman in martial arts is not in martial arts." I don't think you could really ban women from a place these days without an uproar, but it can be clear they're not welcome. Then there are really bizarre things like Aikido places that grant the men the ability to wear that baggy pants/skirt thing you may know (hakama) only at black belt, but women wear it right away because it's a skirt-like thing or something. I never understood that.

So I guess I'll say that martial arts places should be at the forefront of handling these issues because they run into women after situations that really exposed their vulnerabilities. Hell, they run into plenty of men after situations that really exposed their vulnerabilities. At best they receive that with ambivalence.

Generally though, I don't look at the Facebook walls of my martial arts associates. Since I'm become more engaged with the parent organization, the volume of stupids grows.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

quote:

Aka I got knocked up at 16

copper rose petal
Apr 30, 2013

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Aka I got knocked up at 16

The terror in her eyes while she is holding that baby says "I didn't write this quote, my dad did".

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Ferroque posted:

Did someone say women against feminism?

:saddowns:

Things masculine men apparently do:
rape
emotional blackmail
torture
breaking and entering
stalking
kidnapping

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

SedanChair posted:

"Haha look at this woman and her stupid ideas"

"Yes, that woman's stupid and her face is stupid, I want to punch her"

"Her eyes are too open, that's a sign of insanity"

-male feminists

i'm a woman you retard

i punched a lot of girls when i was a kid

boys too

i wasn't a very stable child. :nignog:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Do not touch the SedanChair lest you become SedanChair.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Afraid of Audio posted:

Do not touch the SedanChair lest you become SedanChair.

Oh god, it's CONTAGIOUS?! :tinfoil:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

razorrozar posted:

Oh god, it's CONTAGIOUS?! :tinfoil:

It's more of a "he who fights monsters" dynamic, really.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Speaking of Tumblr political goofballs (this is from two years ago but there are still plenty of things wrong with it)...

I always love throwing this back at them:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Good grief. She is astoundingly punchable.

Hell yeah dude. Kick the poo poo out of that vapid slore, ftw.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Face punching is a mere continuation of this thread by other means.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you think it's cool to hit literally anyone, man, woman, some kinda centaur, whatever, for having political views you don't like you're literally the biggest problem.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Zeno-25 posted:

I always love throwing this back at them:

Obama's America :bahgawd:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tibeerius posted:

I can't help but think of it as a self-contradictory Venn diagram.

This is not getting enough love. Great response.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you think it's cool to hit literally anyone, man, woman, some kinda centaur, whatever, for having political views you don't like you're literally the biggest problem.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

This video looks faked.