Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

From the Spiral Mountain Breegulls' Management Team:

You've got yourself a deal. Now,
I've got these teams to plough!

The meter doesn't work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The meter doesn't work!

To be fair, I don't remember Grunty's meter working a lot of times either.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Open trade offer to any comers:

I have 1908 Ed Walsh, one of the best pitchers in MLB history. He's been average to above-average in the SL, but hasn't really had the dominant season I expected him to. He'll give you a shitload of innings, though, and keep the ball in the park. So if you have a bad bullpen or are worried about the home run, he's a good dude to have.

I am unreasonably fascinated with Clayton Kershaw, and given that the Pharmas will survive this season in some capacity (even if it means getting demoted to the Subpar League), they'll exist after a db update for MLB 2014 stats.

So I'll trade my Walsh for your draft pick so long as Kershaw is on the board.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ok, I don't want to sit on my draft pick forever. Wu-Tang clan will be taking the amazing
Aroldis Chapman.

I'm still looking to trade Ryno for a worse right handed 2nd basemen, a backup catcher, and or 4th rounders, so get at me!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 28, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

So, the Calamities crushed the Wizards in the playoffs when Schilling was on the mound. The reason was that Schilling is a master of the same arcane black magicks that won me the series and eventually the title. So, it would stand to follow that my team needs more Schilling. Also, older Schilling did better for the Worst than baby Schilling did for me, so hey, why not.

The Grass Valley Wizards pick Curt Schilling '98. At least I'm starting to get to the point where I might start thinking about stopping it with the pitching. Maybe.

And that puts GVOLTT and the Ooga Boogas on the clock!

EDIT: Also, I'm now batting a thousand for picking up Schillings during the Dispersal Draft. I wonder if I might go for a three-peat just for the hell of it.

EDIT^2: Oh, and by the way, I'm now looking to acquire draft picks. Never mind, not interested anymore, now that Nen already flew off the board.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 28, 2014

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Well, most of the remaining draft pool sucks, and I could use another bullpen arm, so welcome to the team, Robb Nen '00!

habeasdorkus and the Depraved Hearts Club are up.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The Depraved Hearts Club takes Ryno 1989 and promises not to gently caress his wife.

The Breegulls are up!

Also, The DHC would like to announce that it's exploring a trade of it's 4th round pick, #41 overall, for a starting caliber shortstop. Please PM offers.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 28, 2014

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Hello friends, the RCMP would like to acquire either a prime Robin Yount (although it appears there is only one of them out there) OR a left-handed hitting SS who can play average defense at both SS and CF and OPS+ something in the area of 80-85. If you have either of those things, please let me know so I can offer you my things.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

DannoMack posted:

Hello friends, the RCMP would like to acquire either a prime Robin Yount (although it appears there is only one of them out there) OR a left-handed hitting SS who can play average defense at both SS and CF and OPS+ something in the area of 80-85. If you have either of those things, please let me know so I can offer you my things.

I honestly can't think of many guys who can play average defense at both positions AND bat left. Maybe some 19th century guys, but they have holes in their gloves.

Or Tom Tresh, but he wasn't exactly known for his great glovework, and didn't really play center field, though a lot of that was probably due to Mickey Mantle.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

DannoMack posted:

OR a left-handed hitting SS who can play average defense at both SS and CF

I'm pretty sure this doesn't exist outside of the player you outlined.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Now it's a scavenger hunt!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DannoMack posted:

So you want Harvy Kuenn?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Paul Zuvella posted:

So you want Harvy Kuenn?

Kuenn bats right. He was the first guy I thought of, too.

EDIT: Also, the Calamities/Wizards series disagrees as far as "average defense at SS" is concerned.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 28, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

:siren:Trade

Pharmas Trade:
1908 Ed Walsh

Mugger Corp Trade:
1982 Jon Matlack, Totem of the Super League
1989 Edgar Martinez

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

FairGame posted:

Pharmas Trade:
1908 Ed Walsh

Mugger Corp Trade:
1989 Edgar Martinez

I approve with my 16.22% and the TCT's 5.41%, putting us at 21.63%. Per charter rules, we need 50% approval by tomorrow and 3PM EST.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mentholmoose posted:

I approve with my 16.22% and the TCT's 5.41%, putting us at 21.63%. Per charter rules, we need 50% approval by tomorrow and 3PM EST.

lmao look at this loving post, death to corporations

Anyway, if anyone wants my 1973 Blyleven, who has PLAYOFF experience unlike the loser 1973 Blyleven on the draft board, hit me up!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

FairGame posted:

Pharmas Trade:
1908 Ed Walsh

Mugger Corp Trade:
1989 Edgar Martinez

so what's the reasoning behind this trade? Matlack has outperformed Walsh every single time for the one in question and you pay extra to get a worse pitcher?

I mean in general Walsh should be better but the Sl tends to disagree from the stats shown unless I'm not seeing something.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
It is weird, both owning the Oklahoma City Bombers, a bastion of anarchy in the merciless capitalist jungle that is the Super-League, and owning a share of a corporate team. I'm being torn in two directions!

e: I'm betting on Ed Walsh being more consistent in the Subpar League, and betting on Jon Matlack imploding because he is going to the Señor Goodtimes division, where every dream goes to die.

And the Muggers infield defense is quite a bit better than most of the teams he's played for.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 28, 2014

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CVE posted:

so what's the reasoning behind this trade? Matlack has outperformed Walsh every single time for the one in question and you pay extra to get a worse pitcher?

I mean in general Walsh should be better but the Sl tends to disagree from the stats shown unless I'm not seeing something.

As someone who has no stake one way or the other, Matlack is a decent pitcher, but he seems to work best out of the bullpen. And if he's in the bullpen, he can't hope to match the value of an above-average starting pitcher unless he has a truly phenomenal season.

Should be interesting to see if this one makes it to 51%.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

DannoMack posted:

Left-handed hitting SS who can play average defense at both SS and CF and OPS+ something in the area of 80-85. If you have either of those things, please let me know so I can offer you my things.

Cecil Travis cannot play CF and has slightly below-average defense at SS, but he will OPS+ around, if not above, 85.

e: And Travis is a left-handed hitting SS

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

DannoMack posted:

a left-handed hitting SS who can play average defense at both SS and CF and OPS+ something in the area of 80-85.

Ah, Barry Bonds fits the bill.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I honestly can't think of many guys who can play average defense at both positions AND bat left. Maybe some 19th century guys, but they have holes in their gloves.

Or Tom Tresh, but he wasn't exactly known for his great glovework, and didn't really play center field, though a lot of that was probably due to Mickey Mantle.

Just searched baseball reference, and as far as I can tell, only 18 players since 1901 have played at least 10% of their games at SS and 10% of their games at CF, and bat left or switch.

Amazingly, two of them played for feeders from my old teams: Derrel Thomas from the '83 Dodgers was eligible for the Galactic Wanderers, and Cesar Crespo from the '04 Red Sox qualified for the Luna Landers. Do not use Derrel Thomas or Cesar Crespo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A Trade!!!

Wu-Tang sends
1991 Gregg Olson
1991 Mike Mussina
1994 Ramon Martinez
1992 Paul Assenmacher

Breegulls send
36th Overall Pick

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

A Trade!!!

Wu-Tang sends
1991 Gregg Olson
1991 Mike Mussina
1994 Ramon Martinez
1992 Paul Assenmacher

Breegulls send
36th Overall Pick

I feel like a kid in a candy store!
I'd always accept a couple more.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Trades are fun! How about another?

Who wants to trade me a catcher better than Mickey Tettleton??? for the pick I just acquired?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 28, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I feel like a kid in a candy store!
I'd always accept a couple more.

I feel like I should ask if you're aware that Opening Day rosters are capped at 30 for new teams?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

The Merry Marauder posted:

I feel like I should ask if you're aware that Opening Day rosters are capped at 30 for new teams?

Are the rosters capped for other teams (like mine, which I assume doesn't come under "new team")? I've been wondering about grabbing a few more players from my feeders to see if they're worth two shits.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

DannoMack posted:

Yeah, Yount's for sale. What are you offering?

TheMcD posted:

Are the rosters capped for other teams (like mine, which I assume doesn't come under "new team")? I've been wondering about grabbing a few more players from my feeders to see if they're worth two shits.

You would have to swap players already on your roster for them.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The 30-player limit is only for teams coming directly out of the EC. Teams coming from the Sub-Par League can have more players, though they can only bring up more players from their feeders by making one-for-one substitutions.

It's admittedly a fuzzy rule, but, realistically, teams coming out of the EC don't have more than 30 players worth rostering anyway.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

You would have to swap players already on your roster for them.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The 30-player limit is only for teams coming directly out of the EC. Teams coming from the Sub-Par League can have more players, though they can only bring up more players from their feeders by making one-for-one substitutions.

It's admittedly a fuzzy rule, but, realistically, teams coming out of the EC don't have more than 30 players worth rostering anyway.

Right. Well, '99 Beltre wasn't doing dick on my team anyway, might as well swap him out for '87 Bonilla and see how that works.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Paul Zuvella posted:

Trades are fun! How about another?

Who wants to trade me a catcher better than Mickey Tettleton??? for the pick I just acquired?

How about 1888 Jim O'Rourke?

Side note: I completely forgot that I still had George Gore sitting around. He's a 136 OPS+ Centerfielder. He is, of course, a pre-1900's player, but that's still a pretty great OPS+, and as an outfielder errors are less common than infielders. People in want of a plus offensive centerfielder with speed and the nickname 'piano legs' should inquire in exchange for draft picks.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 28, 2014

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

mrnoun posted:

Just searched baseball reference, and as far as I can tell, only 18 players since 1901 have played at least 10% of their games at SS and 10% of their games at CF, and bat left or switch.

Amazingly, two of them played for feeders from my old teams: Derrel Thomas from the '83 Dodgers was eligible for the Galactic Wanderers, and Cesar Crespo from the '04 Red Sox qualified for the Luna Landers. Do not use Derrel Thomas or Cesar Crespo.

...are any of them Canadian?

Smasher, can you make a note in the margin of your vintage Wambaugh Study of Cases tonight that if ever I win a SL contest to possibly gift me a Stubby Clapp if he'd been born with Robin Yount's hands and brain?

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

Yeah, Yount's for sale. What are you offering?

I was hoping for something like the CERN Collider's vintage. I have a 1990 Yount, but I'd just like to shave a couple of years off him so I can play the poo poo out of him at two demanding positions whenever I want to.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

DannoMack posted:

...are any of them Canadian?

Smasher, can you make a note in the margin of your vintage Wambaugh Study of Cases tonight that if ever I win a SL contest to possibly gift me a Stubby Clapp if he'd been born with Robin Yount's hands and brain?

What you ask is not feasible.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

In an alternate universe Stubby Clapp is in the hall of fame. I want to be there.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
In the Golems' enduring interest in less-than-ethical, less-than-effectual experiments, a trade is hereby proposed:

Dryfield Golems receive:
1902 Bill Dinneen
1968 Claude Osteen

South Dakota Marmosets receive:
Dispersal Draft pick #43

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Pending a review of the relevant warning by Andy Waltfeld, this trade is accepted.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

DannoMack posted:

I was hoping for something like the CERN Collider's vintage. I have a 1990 Yount, but I'd just like to shave a couple of years off him so I can play the poo poo out of him at two demanding positions whenever I want to.

I'm not sure what you have in return, but any deal would have to start with a SS in return to replace Yount. My replacement options are Not Good™. Probably unlikely I would make a deal for anything less than an adequate SS+.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

FairGame posted:

Pharmas Trade:
1908 Ed Walsh

Mugger Corp Trade:
1989 Edgar Martinez

I disapprove of this trade. Why are we trading Edgar Martinez along with Matlack? If the Pharmas want Matlack, they can get him with someone like Chipper Jones, but Edgar was the starting 3B I believe, and Chipper isn't exactly a whiz at defense (not that Edgar ever was either). Let's say I trust E-Mart's skillset more than a young Chipper Jones.

My 24.32% shares say no. Rework the deal if you want, I'll revote if so.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

As near as I can tell, of the people who regularly post and vote and stuff, CFBalla and Cthulhu are the deciding votes. 2 yays from them will carry the motion; anything else either makes a majority impossible or virtually impossible and not worth pursuing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

None of you assholes want to trade me a catcher? Ok then, gently caress you too!

I guess I'll take the best asset available, to be used later as trade bait.

'73 Bert Blyleven it is.