Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

blizzard hasn't made a good game in like eight years, wow is bleeding a million subscribers a year, and heroes of the storm is dogshit

I play Hearthstone like a crack addict plays the cracksophone. I play 40k pretty much out of prior obligation at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

DO IT TO IT posted:

If we're just talking models, I think the Death Company look amazing.

Yeah they're good models I won't disagree.

I hope the Blood Angels get the attention that Space Wolves have gotten in regards to Dreadnoughts. I want to see a bad rear end looking Librarian dreadnought.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Picking up a pretty good score off Craigslist tomorrow. A couple annihilation barges, a night scythe, 4 crypteks, and 10 immortals for $100, fully assembled, painted, and based.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hollismason posted:

They really need a new "motiff" or something for Blood Angels, I just find the current stuff boring. However Mephiston is still incredible.

I'd like to see them emphasize the whole greek statue/vampire thing some more.

The Blood Angels upgrade sprue should include more man nipples and capes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, I like the Greek stuff more as well. I'll say this the sculpts lately just from my unexpert opinion other than shoebox flyer have been really good. So I'm excited to see the new Space Wolves stuff.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Those new space wolf dreads... goddamn. A close combat dread with a 3++ save would be a thing of savage beauty.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, I like the Greek stuff more as well. I'll say this the sculpts lately just from my unexpert opinion other than shoebox flyer have been really good. So I'm excited to see the new Space Wolves stuff.

Agreed with you and Improbable Lobster on this for sure. The greek motif is my favorite part of the Blood Angels and I wish they had more models that utilize it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Went to Forgeworld website to check if there was in fact a Librarian Dread they made, then noticed, wait ForgeWorld still has open days. Where you can come and see the new poo poo their making and get all super excited. They need to hire whoever is in charge of Forgeworld to run GW.

They don't but this guy is bad rear end.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Dreadnoughts/HECATON_AIAKOS_MINOTAURS_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.html

Had not seen this model.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hollismason posted:

Went to Forgeworld website to check if there was in fact a Librarian Dread they made, then noticed, wait ForgeWorld still has open days. Where you can come and see the new poo poo their making and get all super excited. They need to hire whoever is in charge of Forgeworld to run GW.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Dreadnoughts/HECATON_AIAKOS_MINOTAURS_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.html

Had not seen this model.

Stuff like that makes me wish that the Iron Hands Contemptor was less bland. Hell, I wish all of their unique models besides Ferrus and the Iron Father were more unique.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hollismason posted:

Had not seen this model.

Only Librarian dread I can think of is the one in the blood angels kit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, I'm familiar with it, I find it rather boring and uninspired. It's not dynamic at all.

Not being in any sort of pose makes me hate models, it's why I can't stand most of my Necrons, but I guess that makes sense, they just look boring to me. I play them because I like the "idea" of Necrons and their cool , but over all I am not drawn to the models like I am with the Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marines.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Well, they're not making another one, as that's a fairly recent plastic kit. You could convert it pretty easily to be in a more dynamic pose though, people have been doing that since the metal Dreadnoughts were the only option.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I don't like it and think that you should get them to make a new one.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I do appreciate more dynamic dreadnoughts to a degree, but I always think it's pretty funny when you've got what's essentially a washing machine on legs sprinting like Usain Bolt.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I've always found that GW poses models in the most boring ways possible. I get that they're just trying to show the simplest permutation of what someone can build with the base kit, but they could at least have some fun with it. I'm not even talking conversions here, just some basic poses would go a long way. Instead you have things like that librarian dreadnought staring straight ahead with its arms hanging slightly relaxed at its sides.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

SRM posted:

I do appreciate more dynamic dreadnoughts to a degree, but I always think it's pretty funny when you've got what's essentially a washing machine on legs sprinting like Usain Bolt.

Are you saying dreadnoughts can't be as athletic as they were in life? :colbert:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Honestly, I've always found that GW poses models in the most boring ways possible.

I have to side with GW on this one. Trying to fit a bunch or berserkers together in a cc pile can be a nightmare if they are all posed in cool, dynamic ways. Hell, Hormagaunts can barely stay up in their running pose if you don't add weights to the base. Add in sloping terrain and such, and it's usually better to be safe than sorry.

Hell, I love my Infinity models to death, but many of them have poses that makes sticking them next to cover a chore, or falling over evert 15 seconds a fact of life (I'm looking at YOU, Reverend Cassandra Kusanagi and your dump Matrix pose)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Crossposting from the Oath thread, just finished up my Crimson Fists 3rd Company Tactical Squad (Sentinels of Terra Analogue). I've got Sgt. Garadon's analogue with his Power Fist and Spartean bolt pistol (featuring an extended magazine, scope and purity seal modification).

It'll go well with my Power Axe and Plasma Pistol librarian that I put one of the Grey Knight ossuary bits on for a counts-as Bones of Osrak.

For this upcoming month I'm debating doing Captain Lysander + 5 Assault Terminators or a Drop Pod and some Sternguard, or a (mantic counts-as) ThunderFire Cannon + Techmarine.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Pretty sure Malakili from Return of the Jedi won Bay Area Open

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2014/07/28/bao-results-rewards-and-some-pics/

Good for him after so much sadness in his life.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 29, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
wait... they spent how much on the new website?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

In Games Workshop Terms they spent 52000 Imperial Knight Retail boxes. So it's really not that bad when you use those numbers.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cataphract posted:

wait... they spent how much on the new website?

Hahahahaha holy poo poo. No loving way that's right. There's no conceivable way they spent that much on that website. That'd put the Sochi Olympics to shame as far as money:result.

Maybe that includes like a warehouse and inventory system as the backend to the website? Bandwidth and maintenance costs for the next 10 years?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

No, part of the creation of the website was to take 2 million pounds in small bills then put it on a boat and give it a Viking Funeral.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Keep in mind that the 4 million figure, with no "over 10 years" or anything to make it sound better, was an official communication to the shareholders. This was the investor-relations, put-a-good-face-on-it version.

I can't wait for more to come out because it seems as though poo poo's going to be magical. :magical:

Germ
May 7, 2013

In honor of the imminent demise of GW (and in honor of the new thread title), I converted a Tom Kirby Nurgle Souldgrinder for my CSM/Daemon army. Crossposting from the oath thread:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That's gross. You're gross.

e: Hey guys, we have to have $50, 90-page books because we lost all this money on websites and losing lawsuits. Money please.

Fix fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 29, 2014

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
More GW death-pool celebration with completed models!

DA KILL BURSTA!!! :orks101:

e: My first time using edge-highlighting, and also not just slathering on a final layer of Agrax; I instead just dotted it on each and every bolt and rivet :shepicide:

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 29, 2014

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That murderfang is cool and all but i thought Furiosos were the Blood Angels' schtick? Like, in the fluff, they have exclusive rights to dreads with two close combat weapons, or something?

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Irate Tree posted:

That murderfang is cool and all but i thought Furiosos were the Blood Angels' schtick? Like, in the fluff, they have exclusive rights to dreads with two close combat weapons, or something?

I'm down to share as long as they don't get the DC dred's sweet infinite attacks rule.

I'm very excited for new blood angels. There are no rumours yet hey? I suspect we will get centurions, an honour guard kit, and a new flier (maybe just storm eagle rules) :(

I really want a Thunderhawk without the £400 pricetag but that is a pipe dream. I'd also like a fast tank that is actually a threat to anything bigger than meq but that also seems unlikely.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Nichol posted:

I'm down to share as long as they don't get the DC dred's sweet infinite attacks rule.

I'm very excited for new blood angels. There are no rumours yet hey? I suspect we will get centurions, an honour guard kit, and a new flier (maybe just storm eagle rules) :(

I really want a Thunderhawk without the £400 pricetag but that is a pipe dream. I'd also like a fast tank that is actually a threat to anything bigger than meq but that also seems unlikely.

I highly doubt Blood Angels will get Centurions. Same with a new flyer, seeing as the Stormraven with special missiles has always been a Blood Angels thing. Maybe we'll get access to Stormtalons though? Unsure.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

DO IT TO IT posted:

I highly doubt Blood Angels will get Centurions. Same with a new flyer, seeing as the Stormraven with special missiles has always been a Blood Angels thing. Maybe we'll get access to Stormtalons though? Unsure.

You'll get a dual plastic vehicle kit that is a support/transport. It's the 7th thing. One will be called the Angrinator, the other will be the Bloodcry.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 29, 2014

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

NTRabbit posted:

You'll get a dual plastic vehicle kit that is a support/transport. It's the 7th thing. One will be called the Angrinator, the other will be the Bloodcry.

The Angrinator comes equipped with a Blood Cannon and two twin-linked Blood Hoses.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

JerryLee posted:

Keep in mind that the 4 million figure, with no "over 10 years" or anything to make it sound better, was an official communication to the shareholders. This was the investor-relations, put-a-good-face-on-it version.

I can't wait for more to come out because it seems as though poo poo's going to be magical. :magical:

Seriously, I just peeked in the "GW Death Pool" thread and :magical: is definitely the correct reaction to have. poo poo is not looking good.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Texmo posted:

The Angrinator comes equipped with a Blood Cannon and two twin-linked Blood Hoses.

A hit with the blood cannon causes a strength test. Also the Bloodcry grants fearless to all units within 6".

Plus a new HQ unit, Captain AB Positive in Terminator Armour

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Seriously, I just peeked in the "GW Death Pool" thread and :magical: is definitely the correct reaction to have. poo poo is not looking good.

The financial report is out too, and people who know better than I (I'm a blank slate at finance really) are saying it's pretty bad

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2013-14-Press-statement-final-website.pdf

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
45% drop in profit in a year, when there was a new edition launch?

Yeah bad is a word you could use.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
But always remember,

quote:

What will not change is the eternal desire for some always to want yet more of the small, jewel-like objects of magic and wonder that we call Citadel miniatures.

:rolleyes:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

But always remember,

:rolleyes:

Please, please change this to be the thread title.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Wow, i just saw this quote in the death pool thread as well.

quote:

However, he says the biggest threat to the company is internal its own staff . This is why Mr Kirby will only hire employees who understand that Games Workshop’s business ethic is modelled on inventor Thomas Edison’s methodology.

Those people who say your employees are your best assets, treat them well. Communists! The purges will continue until profits reach infinity.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

quote:

This is why Mr Kirby will only hire employees who understand that Games Workshop’s business ethic is modelled on inventor Thomas Edison’s methodology.
Throw things at wall and see what sticks, the new official GW development practice :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Deptfordx posted:

Wow, i just saw this quote in the death pool thread as well.

Those people who say your employees are your best assets, treat them well. Communists! The purges will continue until profits reach infinity.

Not to pick on you, but this is an example of what i hate about people discussing Games Workshop. The full quote of that explains that the risk is that they recruit bad people, so they should always strive to get the best people, who put GW first. Not that their staff are evil and should be fired.

This is how things like the fabled 'We are in the business of selling toys to children' become enshrined. The full quote for example was 'Some might say we are in the business of selling toys to children. We are not, we are a niche business and recognise that fact.'

See the difference.

Theres plenty of idiotic things in that report, try and focus on the true ones and not a quote of a quote of a quote.

• Locked thread