Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy James
Oct 1, 2004
The man so nice they named him twice.

Space_Butler posted:

Does anyone know where you go to redeem tickets given out in panels for goodies? In Indigo they mentioned it maybe twice the entire day and never again.

It's in the Grand Hyatt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Threw up at the Hero Complex party. Was in Indigo from 6am to end of Rick and Morty. Watched Tim and Eric in pajamas.

Got my Bandai raffle tix today and will walk the floor today to get the Adventure Time medal.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress a Hall H, right?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Apparently the DC Trinity of Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot have taken the stage after some footage of BvS was screened. Batman in an armored suit, his eyes lit up a solid white.

[edit]

Wonder Woman revealed. :allears:

teagone fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 26, 2014

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Satorr posted:

I was talking about the panel itself. I was laughing so hard I became dehydrated.

The panel was hilarious. The Star Wars stuff at the begining was really funny but that little 9yrd girl asking him questions was the best part.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Did anyone take footage of the Dawn of Justice teaser :(

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

teagone posted:

Did anyone take footage of the Dawn of Justice teaser :(

Yeah, I really want to see it too.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Doesn't one of the hotel bars pipe in the feed of the masquerade, anyone know which? We want to do the masquerade but also want to get our drink on.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super Dude posted:

Yeah, I really want to see it too.

I'm dying here!

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I'm glad the majority of vendors have started taking cards through their phones. In years past I've never brought enough cash to buy great animation cels or anything like that, but this year it was no issue. Well, no issue except for when I'm no longer Con drunk and look at my account. But it means I didn't have to use my cash for anything but food and sketches.

Speaking of, sadly every time I checked Aaron Kuder wasn't in Artist Alley, but I got an awesome 5 minute Batman sketch from Chris Burnham, so it evens out. During the sketching, apropos of nothing, Chris Sims waddled up (not trying to make an appearance dig, it's exactly how he chose to take his last 10 steps towards the table) to talk to him and I've never done a faster "oh is this somebody importa- ...nope" reaction in my life.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Met Justin Wong and Grant Imahara, pretty sweet con so far. Also have managed to keep the spending to a minimum, but just saw something that might hurt my wallet. Trying to be strong.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Seconds? It's not an Oni Press book, and the publisher doesn't have a booth. Bonus points if it's signed by BLoM. It's pretty much the only thing I want to buy (aside from those colorized Scott Pilgrim books, because I'm a whore).

Also, I might be biased, but the Paramount panel on Thursday sounds way better than either WB or Marvel today. Interstellar, The Rock and TMNT looking legit good.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Seconds? It's not an Oni Press book, and the publisher doesn't have a booth. Bonus points if it's signed by BLoM. It's pretty much the only thing I want to buy (aside from those colorized Scott Pilgrim books, because I'm a whore).

Also, I might be biased, but the Paramount panel on Thursday sounds way better than either WB or Marvel today. Interstellar, The Rock and TMNT looking legit good.

Felix Comic Art - Booth 701. Felix is his art dealer and last I knew they had copies of his super sold out Mondo Battle Royale poster.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Yoshifan823 posted:

You can get it at the Random House booth in the 1500 aisle, they may have the signed numbered editions left, but I'm not sure.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Phantom Limb posted:

...they may have the signed numbered editions left, but I'm not sure.

They do.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God bless y'all. I've barely been in the hall all con, tomorrow will just be buying poo poo and playing more Super Smash Bros. Because seriously, if you haven't spent a half-hour wandering in the Nintendo lounge just playing Smash with random groups of people, you haven't lived.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Oh man my girlfriend is freaking out. Not only did we run into Caity Lotz from Arrow in the elevator and she shook her hand but then we get off on our floor and it's Colton Haynes from Arrow waiting for the elevator. He was really cool, took pictures and was generally a nice guy.

McOgre
Sep 19, 2011

The Legend of Groose
Was anyone at the zombie walk? A dude plowed through the crowd in his car, hitting several people. A lot of news sites are painting him as a victim who was trying to get away after the crowd surrounded and "attacked" his car, breaking the windshield. So zombie walk is getting blamed and probably won't happen again.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Reports I've been hearing this morning paint him more as a douche who didn't want to wait for traffic anymore and slowly began moving into the intersection while people were crossing. Either way I can see this as the end of the zombie walk.

McOgre
Sep 19, 2011

The Legend of Groose
Yeah, that's what people who were there were saying yesterday. Like the dude kept honking and bumping into people with his car or something. I've kept putting off joining in on the walk, so I'll be peeved if that was the last one.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Cartoon Voices 2 was ridiculous. Mark Evanier said it would be the final time they'd use the Snow White script, so everyone on the panel went ham.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Satorr posted:

Cartoon Voices 2 was ridiculous. Mark Evanier said it would be the final time they'd use the Snow White script, so everyone on the panel went ham.

Definitely went out with a bang.

The Sesame Street panel before it was great as well. They showed an episode from the upcoming season of Sesame Street that rifts off of Comic-con (Elmo attends "Numeric-con," a convention celebrating numbers) as well as a short Star Wars parody starring Cookie Monster, and announced that they recently filmed an episode parodying Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and another show that escapes me at the moment. Really looking forward to how those turn out!

edit: Also, the Sesame Street panel went a little over, and Mark Evanier stated that he simply couldn't tell Cookie Monster that their time was up. :3:

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Yeah I caught the last half hour of the Sesame Street panel. Was fun. I should have seen the whole thing.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Well, another year in the bag. We didn't have Saturday badges this week and I actually don't regret it at all. It forced me to go out and see all the other things going on.

Don't forget to save your badges to be eligible for the pre sale next year.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I saw the conversation for a cause with sesame street. It was the best one I saw. The magic of seeing grover and cookie monster made me totally forget there were people attached to them. It was amazing and awe inspiring.

Since I'm mobile posting I won't expand too much but it was a weird year. A lot of good minimoments but no real show stoppers for me.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I had a pretty great time at the con. Got in as a volunteer, the assignments weren't too terrible (just hard on my feet) and yesterday my assignment was actually cancelled. So I got to buy more stuff (Axe Cop and Atomic Robo books) and camp out the Indigo ballroom for the John Barrowman panel. Jesus christ he was hilarious, easily my favorite thing of the whole convention.

I also managed to score the nether faerie dragon plushie from Blizzard and won a free t-shirt for playing the Lords of the Fallen demo. Fun times. Hopefully I'll get to go again next year :D

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Post-con depression is starting to set in. Met so many wonderful people and now I can't just phone them all up or hang out with them anymore. Including so many incredible creators. Some of the coolest people on the planet.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts
A tip I picked up for Con-goers next year: your pass gives you free access to attend the Eisner's on Friday Night. And that's why I got to hang out with Matt Fraction and Brian K Vaughn.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Most of my updates, I've put up on my website or my CNN iReport profile, but goon-to-goon, I thought this was a great year on the whole. I still didn't get out for the nightlife as much as I would have liked despite staying right in the Gaslamp (my gf and I have completely different sleep cycles, so it kind of sucked trying to go have fun on my own :( ) but overall it was the same craziness we know and love from the last few years.

I skipped most of the big panels this year, which I slightly regret when it turned out Nolan showed up, but I did really, really enjoy the panels I did step in for (Korra, Arrow). On the flip side, I did love the outside events quite a bit. Kacy Catanzaro did the little Assassin's Creed course and made a complete joke of it, which was pretty awesome to catch by accident, and our Constantine cosplay meet-up fuckin' owned.

Te heat was kind of brutal, and it's nice to be back in my own apartment. But, I'm already looking forward to next year, hopefully as Press for the first time. Also, super glad I skipped out on some of the tempting exclusives and put money/time towards artists and freebie posters instead. I need so many frames now:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

McOgre posted:

Yeah, that's what people who were there were saying yesterday. Like the dude kept honking and bumping into people with his car or something. I've kept putting off joining in on the walk, so I'll be peeved if that was the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1W6s5179uM

Dude was an idiot but the crowd were bigger loving idiots. Dude was deaf and probably starting to get uncomfortable being swarmed and the crowd basically had no understanding or thought about letting traffic by at any point so gently caress them, really.

If you're organizing a big walk and don't plan/coordinate where you plan to cross roads then you hosed up.

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
I don't know man. I watched that video and that one is totally on the driver. I see some legal troubles for that driver in the future over the person he ran over.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It's a bad situation all around, unfortunately. Yes, the Zombie Walk people just hanging out in the street were being dicks about not letting traffic through. Still, pedestrians have the rightaway, and if you're at a major event like Comic Con with crowds everywhere, you don't inch a 1,500 lb object into said crowd.

I'm sure with all the video evidence out and about, there will be citations issued for both sides. I don't think Zombie Walk is in jeopardy, but SDPD might require them to go through more red tape and organization to ensure this doesn't happen again. Likely, a parade permit might be needed.

It could have been much worse.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah I also think it's totally on the driver there. The people in the crowd weren't doing anything until he starting blaring his horn and moving into the crowd. One guy knocked on his window, two guys sat on the hood as a joke/to get him to stop and the guy just floored it through the loving crowd and took off. Idiot. At no point did anyone "swarm" or attack his car.

Also I like the people in the youtube comments saying that if they heard someone yelling FLIP THE CAR they would freak out too... except the driver was deaf. :v:

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Also I like the people in the youtube comments saying that if they heard someone yelling FLIP THE CAR they would freak out too... except the driver was deaf. :v:

I know this might come as a shock to you, but many people who are deaf can read lips.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Were there many new design Batgirls walking around?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I had a surprisingly relaxing and chill con. Was only there for saturday and sunday. Said hi to friends, bought neat things, and went to the Adult Swim party thanks to a cartoon network pal.

I'll probably be a bit more active in the con next year - I've started work on some animated personal projects, so I'll probably have portfolio things I'll be doing then.

Also I want to make sure I register for next year's con with my professional badge - if anyone has any tips on getting that done, I'm all ears cause they keep frickin' changing how it works. I think we're supposed to register in early august next month? Yowza.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 29, 2014

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Spacedad posted:

Also I want to make sure I register for next year's con with my professional badge - if anyone has any tips on getting that done, I'm all ears cause they keep frickin' changing how it works. I think we're supposed to register in early august next month? Yowza.

I've had it for 3 years and haven't had to re-reg. Basically they send you emails saying "hey, login and check to see if you're still verified professional" and if you're not, you have to re-send stuff. It's not a big deal.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Super Dude posted:

I know this might come as a shock to you, but many people who are deaf can read lips.

I'd be pretty impressed to see a deaf guy in a car in the middle of a crowd catch what some random guy on the sidewalk was yelling.

In other news, I finally got to hang my new poster:

I'll have to scrounge around for some white pushpins at some point.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Yeah that Mike Tyson Mysteries panel was incredible in person. Like, sometimes the other panelists were obviously making fun of him, but he was just so sincerely cheery that it didn't matter. I will definitely watch that show.

I got to do pretty much everything I wanted this year, minus the Witcher 3 panel which was mobbed. I finally saw the inside of Hall H for the Flash/Arrow/Gotham/Constantine panel, so good stuff there. Can't believe Stephen Amell stonewalled on the "how do you get the salmon ladder bar down when you reach the top" question though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Yeah I also think it's totally on the driver there. The people in the crowd weren't doing anything until he starting blaring his horn and moving into the crowd. One guy knocked on his window, two guys sat on the hood as a joke/to get him to stop and the guy just floored it through the loving crowd and took off. Idiot. At no point did anyone "swarm" or attack his car.

This is insane to me. The dude thought him and his children were in danger. Two guys "sitting on his hood as a joke" was perceived as a threat and he gunned it. He had every right to protect his kids. Are people really defending the loving zombie walk over this?

• Locked thread