Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

pichupal posted:

Apparently there was a little bit of Smash info in famitsu. Not a lot of new information, except for sone customisation options with Sun Salutation (Slow Charge Multi-Hit, and Fast charge no Healing).

Also some Smash Run info, nothing too big outside of some of the items you can brng jnto Smash Run, like the DARK MAGIC CONTRACT.

My apologies if its already been posted. Didn't see it between the Takamaru, Waddle Dee and Melee pronounciation chat.

Didn't see anybody mention it, but King Dedede is in the lower right picture of the second page, plain as day.

edit: Is this issue from today? If it was, there might be a Dedede reveal tonight.

edit2: I am huge retard, please spit on me

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Shelf Adventure posted:

Nah but it gets to the point where you've just gotta kinda realise the game isn't catering to your needs and do something else. If you're constantly just criticising the game before it's released I dunno, maybe it's not for you? Maybe don't buy it and move on with your life?

I'm not even constantly criticizing the game! I'm loving stoked as hell to Smash a ton of Bros this October, and then even more once the Wii U version comes out! I just think it's really dumb that anytime someone says something negative, no matter how small, a ton of people come running in to tell them to shut up and that competitive players are stupid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

Didn't see anybody mention it, but King Dedede is in the lower right picture of the second page, plain as day.
Nobody mentioned it because he was already confirmed. He's on the website and everything.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

THE loving MOON posted:

King Dedede has been on the Smash Bros site for months :ssh:

e:f,b :argh:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Endorph posted:

Nobody mentioned it because he was already confirmed. He's on the website and everything.

lol, nevermind. Haven't seen him in a pic for so long, I forgot.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

THE loving MOON posted:

edit: Is this issue from today? If it was, there might be a Dedede reveal tonight.

Guess where else he's been chilling out for months

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

sharrrk posted:

I'm not even constantly criticizing the game! I'm loving stoked as hell to Smash a ton of Bros this October, and then even more once the Wii U version comes out! I just think it's really dumb that anytime someone says something negative, no matter how small, a ton of people come running in to tell them to shut up and that competitive players are stupid.

Don't worry quest for glory 2 will set you straight

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

the other m of paper mario

Pixeltendo fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 29, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Paper Mario finally comes to Smash

From Sticker Star, for those who don't know.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Glitz Pit better be on the drat Wii U version.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
That's a cool lookin stage. I've always like scrolling stages, save Rumble Falls.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's not a scrolling stage though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whalestory posted:

Don't worry quest for glory 2 will set you straight
I will: all posts are meaningless. submit to the void

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
For some reason, Homer Simpson being in Smash popped into my head the other day, and the more I thought about it the more awesome I thought it was. I can just imagine him doing his characteristic scream during a meteor style K.O., the shorter, higher pitched version in a normal K.O., and shouting "D'oh!" as he hits the screen in a splatter K.O.

Obviously, this would be his final smash. His basic attacks could be like the ones he had in that old-as-hell Simpsons arcade game that every pizza place, arcade and mall had back in the 90's.

Never gonna happen, but it'd be hilarious.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Crawfish posted:

It's not a scrolling stage though.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKloUYDezQ

I'm not making the mistake of not looking my poo poo up twice in one night. :v:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

THE loving MOON posted:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKloUYDezQ

I'm not making the mistake of not looking my poo poo up twice in one night. :v:

You're zero for two, that was the Mario 3D Land Stage. This is a new Paper Mario Sticker Star Stage. :v:

We'll find out whenever today's miiverse post comes up anyways, so it might be scrolling anyways.

edit:

It is scrolling after all?

edit2: Oh, it's Flavio's boat.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 29, 2014

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
oh no im so embarrased :supaburn:

guess I don't know nothin afterall huh :(

edit: oh cool, im right by blind luck

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's not a scrolling stage, but a transforming one-- like Pokemon stadium or the NSMBU stage on Wii U. Looks like all the other PM games will be repped, too!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's not a scrolling stage, but a transforming one-- like Pokemon stadium or the NSMBU stage on Wii U. Looks like all the other PM games will be repped, too!
Glitz Pit motherfuckers.

Also Doopliss's Castle.

EDIT: Actually Doopliss would be a cool assist trophy. Have him turn into one of your opponents and then have that opponent turn into him, and give him a really simple moveset that's mostly just tackling and flailing so you can reuse the same 2 animations.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Paper Mario stage, that's just awesome.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Vegas odds for playable Paper Mario just went up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It would have been disappointing if the only Paper Mario representation had been from The Bad One, but since this stage has the whole series, it's good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh gently caress yeah TTYD. I've wanted a stage like this pretty bad. Wonder if it means we're getting Paper Mario has a newcomer, I can definitely think of worse.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

THE loving MOON posted:

Vegas odds for playable Paper Mario just went up.

Please please please please

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like if Paper Mario was a newcomer we'd have heard about him already but I wouldn't complain if he showed up.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

I... I have never felt so much searing hatred for any person or group for something so benign and stupid, but what the gently caress?

Let me tell you about One Piece...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like if Paper Mario was a newcomer we'd have heard about him already but I wouldn't complain if he showed up.

Brawl had ROB and Lucario as non-clone Newcomers that were unlockable and not revealed before release (officially, anyway), so it stands to reason that Smash 4 might have the same thing.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Amppelix posted:

I'm pretty sure Bill follows Gigi (said artist) on twitter so he's pretty cool. In fact, this exchange just took place

@gigideegee: hi bill

@trintran: @gigideegee Hi Gigi!

Kewl

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I wanna see if there are other transformations for the other 2 Paper Mario games. Also since there are only two songs for the 3DS stages I wonder if one of them might be a medley of songs that cycles along with the stage transformations? It would be a nice way to get more music from a series long overdue for representation.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Definitely possible that there'll be a medley, since several of the new arrangements we've heard so far are medleys. Rainbow Road combines various RR themes from throughout the Mariokart series, Mushroom Kingdom U has an SMB1 medley, Wily Castle's music combines the title and first Wily theme from Mega Man 2.

I dunno if I would expect the music to be timed to the changes though. If they're random, like this kind of stage tends to be, it wouldn't really work.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Happy to get more stages. Hope the stage train keeps on rolling.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't the Yoshi's Island stage from Brawl have one of the tracks sync with the season changes? Granted, the seasons change in a set order and don't really affect the stage aside from looks, but if it does change in a set order I think it could be done again.

Also, as side note, does anyone know if anyone has recorded reasonably high quality versions of songs from the demos? I might be looking forward to the music even more than the game because of how good it is.

Edit: Actually I decided to look it up and I was right, the Obstacle Course song had two variations that played depending on whether it was Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter, and which season the stage started on was random. Presumably they could do something like that again!

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 29, 2014

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Totally apropos of any other comments; an announcement of Shulk as a playable character would probably make me buy a WiiU instantly, before any other next-gen console.

As it stands I will only almost definitely buy it before any others, because of Lucina.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean, the game is out in Japan in September right? So how many more newcomer videos can they even squeeze in before release? One or two? There'll probably be a Nintendo Direct in August so I would expect a newcomer video there.

But I just can't imagine they have many more newcomers to announce. More than one maybe but the odds for Shulk or Chorus Men or Ridley or whoever has got to be dwindling at this point. Too many fake leak characters and not a ton of time before release.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd honestly be surprised if Shulk isn't in.

The game may not of sold the most amazingly, but it got a hell of a cult following in the west after all of the Operation Rainfall stuff, and with a new game from the same dudes out next year some time, having Shulk in would be some decent free advertising.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I had to go back and check the stage listing in the OP, because I thought, surely, this can't be right. But sure enough, this is the best stage yet on either version.

I hope the character are 2D like in the Game and Watch stages.

EDIT: The Super Paper Mario segment had better either be the hamster wheel or Chapter Six.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 29, 2014

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean, the game is out in Japan in September right? So how many more newcomer videos can they even squeeze in before release? One or two? There'll probably be a Nintendo Direct in August so I would expect a newcomer video there.

But I just can't imagine they have many more newcomers to announce. More than one maybe but the odds for Shulk or Chorus Men or Ridley or whoever has got to be dwindling at this point. Too many fake leak characters and not a ton of time before release.

In the Miiverse post announcing the Robin/Lucina trailer Sakurai said that they were nearing the bottom of the newcomer videos, so we definitely have at least one newcomer left, but personally I'm betting on there being two more. The wording seems a bit odd to me if there is only one left, but we'll see.

At this point though, with how many characters have been revealed so far, I wouldn't be surprised if we got "Veteran Wednesday" or something like that where they reveal a veteran once a week until release. There can't be much more than about 10 characters left to show off, plus Sakurai's started to reveal new stages pretty frequently this last week. Seems like it'd be weird to leave so few characters unannounced at this point.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

One in the Direct and maybe one final one right before the games launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You have to factor in secret newcomers as well, who won't get a trailer or a proper announcement, like ROB for Brawl or Game and Watch for Melee.

If there's a Rhythm Heaven character, there's a good chance he'd be a secret character, considering this would be an out there choice not from a particularly popular series.

• Locked thread