Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

habeasdorkus posted:

Peep! That's it! Wrexham are champions of the Premier League and of Europe! It may have taken them longer than they would have liked, but they did it! That injury to Boumsong and lack of available substitute will loom large in the retelling of this David vs. Goliath tale.

Wrexham aet 5-3 Manchester United
Man of the Match: Steve Collecott

:toot:

PARTY TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
well that wasn't tense or anything. Even with 9 men they were still making terrifying runs into our box.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Worth every second of waiting.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
WE PREPARED FOR TROUBLE
AND GOT THE DOUBLE
TO PROTECT WELSH FOOTY FROM HUMILIATION
TO UNITE THE FANS WITHIN OUR NATION
TO DEFEAT THE EVILS OF MAN U AND MAN CITY
TO MAKE TACKLEFORD FEEL REAL loving lovely
RED!
DRAGONS!
TEAM WREXHAM KICKS OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
THEY'RE ALL GETTING DRUNK FOR FREE TONIGHT

Scott Brown's all right

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 28, 2014

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
Here they come our mighty champions, raise your voices to the anthem,
Marching like a mighty army, WREXHAM IS THE NAME,

See the Reds who fight together, Speak their names with pride forever,

Marching like a mighty army WREXHAM IS THE NAME,

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming, WREXHAM IS THE NAME,

We have made the mighty humble, We have made the mountains rumble,
Falling to a mighty army, WREXHAM IS THE NAME...

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

And all eyes turned to a small town in Wales and you hear as one. "Champions of Europe we are the champions of Europe. Championnnnns of eeeuuurrrrope were the champions of Europe!" Congratulations habeas bask on the glory of the double, the real double. You've inspired me to attempt to bring Layton Orient to premier league glory

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 28, 2014

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Glory glory to Wrexham!Isaac Stringel with the game winner!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I've made two separate savegames, no way I'm risking a corrupted save file here.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully we can spend some of the winnings on getting a proper tele deal, so the pubs don't have to watch the CLF via a shoddy Spanish broadcast rerouted through an Arabic internet streamer. Many Welsh TVs were beaten beyond their warranty when the vid hanged.

EDIT: But seriously, thanks for streaming the game HD, for all the pauses and hangups the stream had, it was still watchable and enjoyable.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 28, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I promised the league! Scott Brown delivered the league.
I promised the Champions league! Scott Brown delivered the Champions league.
I promised a huge Dragon statue at the gates of our ground! signed, sealed, delivered.
I made one more promise.

Will I uphold the lot before my term is up?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

How soon until we can return Shaun Davies to the Welsh fold?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Uploaded the goals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtRrfbijf0U

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So there will be a lot more trophies next season:

Community Shield
UEFA Super Cup
League Cup
FA Cup
Club World Cup
Premier League
Champions League

Time to go for the Septuple :getin:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Good luck against Stringel in the Gold Cup.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

That Goal by Argenti was sweet. And man did the Man U goalie make a couple of howlers or what.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Wrexham! Awesome stuff.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Talk about an amazing season! I imagine your status as head coach right now is "Second Coming of Jesus"

Is there actually anything more that can be achieved than this?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

PotatoManJack posted:

Talk about an amazing season! I imagine your status as head coach right now is "Second Coming of Jesus"

Is there actually anything more that can be achieved than this?

Win the following (or as much as possible) in a single year:

Community Shield
UEFA Super Cup
League Cup
FA Cup
Club World Cup
Premier League
Champions League

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

And he still has to win the US a World Cup or 5.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Dreamsicle posted:

Community Shield
UEFA Super Cup
League Cup
FA Cup
Club World Cup
Premier League
Champions League

I came so close to doing this in the most recent season of my Portsmouth game. The only one I missed? The loving League Cup, which I have never managed to win since I started. Winning back-to-back Champions League and Premiership titles? No problem. Losing only five games across all competitions over an entire season? Nothing to it. Having a player smash the Premier League scoring record with 44 league goals? Easy. Making it to the final of the League Cup once in my entire career? Woah now, that's going a bit too far! Better just get smoked by a midtable team in the quarterfinals instead.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Viscardus posted:

I came so close to doing this in the most recent season of my Portsmouth game. The only one I missed? The loving League Cup, which I have never managed to win since I started. Winning back-to-back Champions League and Premiership titles? No problem. Losing only five games across all competitions over an entire season? Nothing to it. Having a player smash the Premier League scoring record with 44 league goals? Easy. Making it to the final of the League Cup once in my entire career? Woah now, that's going a bit too far! Better just get smoked by a midtable team in the quarterfinals instead.

drat that sounds frustrating. Also, I'm thinking of playing Portsmouth for my first debt-ridden team game. How hard or at least how long does it take to be financially stable? Of course I might be an idiot and they might be financially ok.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Dreamsicle posted:

drat that sounds frustrating. Also, I'm thinking of playing Portsmouth for my first debt-ridden team game. How hard or at least how long does it take to be financially stable? Of course I might be an idiot and they might be financially ok.

Nah, it's actually kind of funny. I like not having everything go my way, or else things start to feel boring.

I honestly don't know, because I'm a dirty cheater and gave myself a sugar daddy to make the climb through the divisions easier. :v: I don't think the debt situation is that bad at the beginning, though.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
An American coach leads a Welsh team to, not only, the English Premier League title, but to the Champion's League as well.

If that were to ever happen in reality, how many pundits' heads would actually explode?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Honestly the least likely part of that scenario is the American coach. Right now Swansea aren't far from where Man City were before they got bought up and catapulted into megabastard-dom, and if Cardiff had been bought up by an actual sane person they might well have been on the way now.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Kwik posted:

An American coach leads a Welsh team to, not only, the English Premier League title, but to the Champion's League as well.

If that were to ever happen in reality, how many pundits' heads would actually explode?

Also two Australians on the team. And good ones to boot.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Dreamsicle posted:

Community Shield
UEFA Super Cup
League Cup
FA Cup
Club World Cup
Premier League
Champions League

The highest I've ever seen in a Football Manager LP is 4 from Pro Versetti.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The goalkeeping in those highlights was just... well "lol"

Seriously now congratulations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Jack2142 posted:

The goalkeeping in those highlights was just... well "lol"

Seriously now congratulations.

Yeah, both keepers gave away a couple there. Kovacevic did make some important saves, and the goal by Grigorio was as much Todd's fault for being lazy and inattentive as it was Kovacevic's.

There's an absolutely insane keeper at AS Monaco that I want, but that we can't afford:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Don't you mean couldn't afford?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Dude wants a 215k a week contract, we can't afford that yet. Our upper limit is 115k, though I could probably get near 200k if I shifted our entire transfer budget into our wage budget.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
How much would we need to channel from the embezzlement account unlock for you to be able to do this?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I don't think it would be a wise use of funds and I don't think we should utterly break the game for our whims either.

But drat, a 24.5 mill value goalie.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

habeasdorkus posted:

Dude wants a 215k a week contract, we can't afford that yet. Our upper limit is 115k, though I could probably get near 200k if I shifted our entire transfer budget into our wage budget.

Who's the highest paid player in the game right now? I think the highest paid real life players right now are Messi and Ronaldo, both getting around $40 million in salary (based on some quick Googling). Anyone in game that compares?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

AJ_Impy posted:

How much would we need to channel from the embezzlement account unlock for you to be able to do this?

Weren't you planning on using that on guys to go out and kneecap Arsenal players?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
In my game, one of my scouts (for reasons known only to himself) decided to inform me that PSG's first-choice keeper would be available if I bid in the region of £95m.
His wages, in case I was interested, would be around £230k p/w.

:geno:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, both keepers gave away a couple there. Kovacevic did make some important saves, and the goal by Grigorio was as much Todd's fault for being lazy and inattentive as it was Kovacevic's.

There's an absolutely insane keeper at AS Monaco that I want, but that we can't afford:

He's 28. That's still pretty young for a goalkeeper but it doesn't fit our "Operate like Arsenal but actually win championships" talent acquisition asystem.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The five highest paid players:

Ezequiel Bressan, Real Madrid Left Back, 245k/wk
Shaun Davies, Real Madrid Left Wing, 220k/wk
Rodrigo Jiminez, Bayern Munich Central Midfielder, 205k/wk
Cristian Reartes, Real Madrid Central Midfielder, 200k/wk
Silvio Serrano, Tottenham Hotspur Striker, 195k/wk

Bressan, Jiminez, and Reartes are all worth their salaries. Davies used to be, but he's old and bad now. I have no clue wtf Tottenham is doing paying 12% of their wage budget to a mediocre striker. Jiminez is the guy I really want, he's 25 and probably the best central midfielder in the game.

Munin posted:

I don't think it would be a wise use of funds and I don't think we should utterly break the game for our whims either.

But drat, a 24.5 mill value goalie.

Yeah. That's my reaction. He's great, but he's way out of our budget. I'm allowed to pay players 185k/wk if I shift all the transfer funds I'm allowed into our wage budget.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

habeasdorkus posted:

I have no clue wtf Tottenham is doing paying 12% of their wage budget to a mediocre striker.

I dunno, that sounds just like Tottenham.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Jesus. Pace 16, Acceleration 17, Strength 18, 6ft2 on top of the ridiculous technical/mental stats. Surely there's no way you're going to poach him from Bayern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Guitar_Hero posted:

Jesus. Pace 16, Acceleration 17, Strength 18, 6ft2 on top of the ridiculous technical/mental stats. Surely there's no way you're going to poach him from Bayern.

Bravery-8

I think we need to find an old friend at a training ground of the past.

• Locked thread