Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gromit posted:

For future reference, you can use SAM for games that don't show up in your game list (but that you own) by typing in the code for it in the "add game" text box. You get the code by going to the game's store page (or any page related to that game) and checking the URL. For Stranded, it would be 295250.

drat that's the kind of useful info that should go in a thread OP :v::hf::can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
One of the games in the weekly sale is JACK ORLANDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCMzVUennt8

JACK ORLANDO

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Awesome! posted:

drat that's the kind of useful info that should go in a thread OP :v::hf::can:

New steamthreadcycle addition.

At this point we just need a steamgoons wiki or something. Which would get to three pages and collapse like every other goon project. :v:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BobTheJanitor posted:

New steamthreadcycle addition.

At this point we just need a steamgoons wiki or something. Which would get to three pages and collapse like every other goon project. :v:

The Goons With Spoons wiki has been going strong for a long time now.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jordan7hm posted:

It looks like you get spare keys if you buy the 20$ bundle.
You do, you get separate keys for the games in the lower tiers along with the Steam key for the Complete Pack.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anybody checked out the early access Lichdom: Battlemage beta yet? It looks like the kind of game I've always wanted to play and it seems like the dev team is going to hit their August release date, I just wanted to see if there were enough features currently implemented to make it worth getting now at the 25% discount and playing through again once it went live.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Drifter posted:

The Goons With Spoons wiki has been going strong for a long time now.

I belive Before I Play and the ADTRW wiki as well, although I've never been an active user on either of those :shrug:

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Palpek posted:

Just to add 3 interesting titles from the weeklong deals:

Chainsaw Warrior is a digital version of a classic board game that I rememeber being pretty great. I don't know if this adaptation is as good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUDUi9cfL98

It's a pretty straight-up adaptation of the solo board game, for better or worse, which I played a handful of times in the late '80s - I also logged a lot of time with a flash version of it that was on the web around 2000/2001 before that got pulled. If you've played either version, it plays exactly the same.

If you hate any kind of game that is influenced 99% by dice rolls, I'd advise steering clear, but I enjoyed it. At the beginning of the game, you get weapon and equipment cards (depending on the difficultly level, you either know exactly what you're getting or you get them randomly and only see what you got when you start) to help you mitigate certain situation you run into, and you can pick up a bit more when you're playing the game. You will curse at the screen whenever you run into the one situation you don't have a piece of equipment for (for the love of god, get the grappling hook any chance you get). You will still have runs where you have decent equipment but get crushed by unlucky dice rolls.

If you can get past all that, and once you play it enough and you know how everything works, it can actually be a fun and tense little diversion. Every time I've won, it's been by the seat of my pants, near death, with less than 10 turns left and with only one shot left in my weapon.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Accordion Man posted:

You do, you get separate keys for the games in the lower tiers along with the Steam key for the Complete Pack.

I got this and just played through the first Freddie Fish game with my 5 year old. I had no experience with them as a kid. I'm glad I bought them for him, he really enjoyed it. The art is still good and the entire presentation really holds up. The puzzles arent hard but they're not braindead either. A good introduction to adventure games and I'd recommend them (at least that one) to anyone with young kids.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Has anybody checked out the early access Lichdom: Battlemage beta yet? It looks like the kind of game I've always wanted to play and it seems like the dev team is going to hit their August release date, I just wanted to see if there were enough features currently implemented to make it worth getting now at the 25% discount and playing through again once it went live.

Haven't played it myself but I've had a few friends positively raving about the magic system and how fun it is.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jordan7hm posted:

I got this and just played through the first Freddie Fish game with my 5 year old. I had no experience with them as a kid. I'm glad I bought them for him, he really enjoyed it. The art is still good and the entire presentation really holds up. The puzzles arent hard but they're not braindead either. A good introduction to adventure games and I'd recommend them (at least that one) to anyone with young kids.
I grew up on them, so yeah they're real good family games. I actually didn't play a good chunk of though, like Pajama Sam, so there was another incentive to buy them.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

lordfrikk posted:

I'd totally play some kind no supernatural wilderness survival thing, but only if it was technically well done. By which I mean no clicking tree to get wood, but actually getting to chop that poo poo down with proper physics. Also, skinning animals and cooking. And getting your arm mauled by a bear and then fixing it with shoddy medical skills, I guess. Probably some kind of crossover with those deer hunting games.

The Forest is actually wandering pretty close to this. Not quite, but close. You chop trees properly with an axe and they fall with physics (but conveniently break into pre-made logs for you which roll all over...) and when you kill an animal you loot its skin before its meat, then cook it on the fire or craft items with the fur. There's bleeding and bandages, but no bear maulings...

They added a peaceful mode so you can dick around and build poo poo without having a roving band of cannibals beat the poo poo out of you every 5 minutes, but it feels kind of empty with no danger. There has been other commentary about wanting a more realistic survival simulator, which they linked on their news feed, so I'm hoping they consider adding some "non-horror" wilderness survival modes in the future.
(I'm also hoping they keep developing it and don't gently caress off while it's still half finished)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone have anything to say about Heroes & Generals? Looks like a slower paced (and well, older :v:) Battlefield with the usual F2P gotchas offhand. I'd just download and try it but my ISP's starting to be a butt about bandwidth usage :(

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Stickasylum is a super cool goon who hooked me up with Chainsaw Warrior. I was going through the weekly deals when I picked up Space Ranger seeing what else I could spend my card money on and came really close to buying it. Single player card / board games are a cool concept.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Tagra posted:

There has been other commentary about wanting a more realistic survival simulator, which they linked on their news feed, so I'm hoping they consider adding some "non-horror" wilderness survival modes in the future.
(I'm also hoping they keep developing it and don't gently caress off while it's still half finished)

That would be awesome. I've always been intrigued by the promise of old games like Robinson's Requiem but I feel like with the tech easily available now someone could do a lot less janky version. I have no interest in horror stuff though or anything multiplayer.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno about the story but the character banter in D3 owns hard and I'm loving my team of holy crusaders bro'ing it up and slaughtering baddies.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone interested in splitting the 20 dollar tier somehow?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

JACK ORLANDO

Confirmed this game is amazing. The subtitles make the game 100x better because they are very rarely accurate.

Also you can point your gun at everyone and they'll have some excuse why "that's not a good idea jack"

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask (four packs and that kind of thing are still done in here, right? I'm not normally the one posting them though, so sorry if I'm wrong, here), but would anyone be interested in splitting the $70 Divinity: Original Sin deluxe pack (or whatever it's called - can't stealthily look at Steam right now as I'm at work) where you get two copies? For example, I could buy it and get the DLC and pay $40, and the other person (maybe you?) could get the second copy for $30? (is that reasonable enough? That's $10 off in the US as well as Australia, right? Or do we pay more for this too?)

If anyone's interested, I guess just post here and/or PM me (or hit me up on Steam - although unless you post in here too, try to make sure you're in the goon group, so I know you're not a lurker) and I'm sure we can work something out. Be warned: I'm still at work and it takes me approximately an hour to drive home, so I'll likely be home in around two hours' time, or thereabouts.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 29, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask (four packs and that kind of thing are still done in here, right?), but would anyone be interested in splitting the $70 Divinity: Original Sin deluxe pack (or whatever it's called - can't stealthily look at Steam right now as I'm at work) where you get two copies? For example, I could buy it and get the DLC and pay $40, and the other person (maybe you?) could get the second copy for $30? (is that reasonable enough? That's $10 off in the US as well as Australia, right? Or do we pay more for this too?)

If anyone's interested, I guess just post here and/or PM me (or hit me up on Steam - although unless you post in here too, try to make sure you're in the goon group, so I know you're not a lurker) and I'm sure we can work something out. Be warned: I'm still at work and it takes me approximately an hour to drive home, so I'll likely be home in around two hours' time, or thereabouts.

:ssh: Goon steam resellers will sell copies for like $23. I don't know if that's a thing we can advertise in this thread, but it's where I got both of mine for cheap.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mortimer posted:

:ssh: Goon steam resellers will sell copies for like $23. I don't know if that's a thing we can advertise in this thread, but it's where I got both of mine for cheap.

Oh, well in that case I might need to look into that. Thanks for the heads-up, I completely forget about anyone in a position like that who isn't Captain Invictus, and he's currently out of Steam funbux

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, well in that case I might need to look into that. Thanks for the heads-up, I completely forget about anyone in a position like that who isn't Captain Invictus, and he's currently out of Steam funbux

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599565
Try there. I obught a few games from YE OLDE GAME SHOPPE (aka hiddenmovement) and he was totally cool, and got me solid loving prices, lower than even what they were going for on sale. Super quick, no bullshit.

I recommend him, and he was helping a poo poo ton of people during the last steam sale as well.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 29, 2014

QCIC
Feb 10, 2011

die Stimme der Energie
e: Never mind.

QCIC fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 29, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

JACK ORLANDO

That's loving amazing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Amazon is selling a "Sega Fun Pack" for $10, which contains:

Jet Set Radio
Nights into Dreams
Renegade Ops + DLC
The Cave
Hell Yeah + DLC

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Fun-Pack...ag=isthcom0a-20

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

PrinceRandom posted:

That's loving amazing.
It's an adventure game where you have an option of punching every NPC in the face or threaten them with a gun if you feel like it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Palpek posted:

It's an adventure game where you have an option of punching every NPC in the face or threaten them with a gun if you feel like it.
And all that with the most atrocious voice acting imaginable, and your inventory bursting with red herring items.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
So, Verdun. It's on sale and I bought it because I miss Red Orchestra and WW1 is a very rare setting for FPS games. I'm having fun just playing as an NCO and calling down mortar strikes right now. It's a bit more arcade-y compared to RO which is kind of disappointing. Also, I have to say it's surprisingly sterile for a game about WW1--there's little if any blood, and definitely no dismemberment/vaporization from explosions ala RO. Did anyone else pick it up?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm also posting this in the Steam general thread because I don't think even the gifting thread wants all of these.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mortimer posted:

Confirmed this game is amazing. The subtitles make the game 100x better because they are very rarely accurate.

Also you can point your gun at everyone and they'll have some excuse why "that's not a good idea jack"

I think the bit that got me was in the intro, where a guy asks you why you always smell like cheap whiskey lately, right as you're walking out of a bar. No clue, guy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

evilmiera posted:

I think the bit that got me was in the intro, where a guy asks you why you always smell like cheap whiskey lately, right as you're walking out of a bar. No clue, guy.

I got killed five minutes in by sassing a black man then challenging him to a fight.

10/10

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Heran Bago posted:

I'm also posting this in the Steam general thread because I don't think even the gifting thread wants all of these.

Putt Putt Goes to the Moon was pretty fun, used to play it a lot at my local library.

Still don't want the code though :v:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PantsBandit posted:

Putt Putt Goes to the Moon was pretty fun, used to play it a lot at my local library.

Still don't want the code though :v:

I played a few of these games and others by the same guys. They were pretty fun... when I was a kid.

If you have children, consider grabbing a few of those for them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Where are my Backyard [Sport] games Humongous? :argh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Apparently Pixel Piracy is leaving Early Access and becoming a finished game. I mention this not because I've played it or even know what it is, but it's such a rare moment when an Early Access game IS ACTUALLY FINISHED DEVELOPMENT that we should take a moment to golf clap.

The dev:

quote:

We have been informed just now by our Valve representative that we are also one of the first titles to leave Early Access, as well as one of the quickest to do so (having only spent a little over half a year on it.).

It's also surprising because it's published by Re-logic, and we all know if Terraria was an Early Access title, it would never leave (just bein real yall!!)

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's also surprising because it's published by Re-logic, and we all know if Terraria was an Early Access title, it would never leave (just bein real yall!!)

Doesn't this just reinforce the broad sweep stereotype that Early Access is just ... poo poo?

Also where is that linked to, I want to show that to quite a few people.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

Apparently Pixel Piracy is leaving Early Access and becoming a finished game. I mention this not because I've played it or even know what it is, but it's such a rare moment when an Early Access game IS ACTUALLY FINISHED DEVELOPMENT that we should take a moment to golf clap.

The dev:

Does anyone know if it turned out any good? I saw an alpha video and it looked kind of meh.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Malek posted:

Doesn't this just reinforce the broad sweep stereotype that Early Access is just ... poo poo?

Also where is that linked to, I want to show that to quite a few people.

I think it mostly reinforces my own belief that absolutely no one, including Valve, have any idea what Early Access even means yet. Much like a lot of other things Valve does at the moment Early Access just seems to be a "Eh, whatever, we'll see what happens later" experiment.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Reason posted:

Does anyone know if it turned out any good? I saw an alpha video and it looked kind of meh.

It didn't! It's one of my very few (relative to how many I have made) regrettable EA purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Malek posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Early Access. You'll get the kerbal defenders out in full force :rolleyes:

But yeah EA is garbage. Props to ReLogic for finishing a game in less than 3 years though.

• Locked thread