Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Ciaphas posted:

I guess they really ARE happy with the way the Hunt has turned out, then. :geno:

They're happy with Atmas too. I feel like they let a bunch of the 1.0 designers come back or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ciaphas posted:

I guess they really ARE happy with the way the Hunt has turned out, then. :geno:

They've already said they're looking in to more in depth changes to the Hunt, they're just not rushing anything.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
My guess is that any actual meaningful changes they make will be coming in 2.32 or 2.35

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
2.32 change log:
-uncap soldiery
-s rank spawn timers down to 8 hours

:getin:

Nukacola
Jan 12, 2006

Dat Drank
Hunts on Excalibur are 100% fine, the TS system is loving astoundingly good, git gud nerds. All glory to Vandes Aan.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Nukacola posted:

Hunts on Excalibur are 100% fine, the TS system is loving astoundingly good, git gud nerds. All glory to Vandes Aan.

Just wish I could render them. Thanks DX10. Unfortunately the suggestions that are thrown around in TS don't help me render them either.

Any other hot tips and tricks for a nerd like me to possibly be able to hunt?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The one time I did a S rank hunt it was such a ridiculous cluster of idiots I decided not to do it again no matter how good the bonuses are. Also it somehow broke my glamours :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've just reached the point where I joined a grand company (Gridania, because the other two hub worlds' layouts are ridiculous) and boy this game just keeps opening up wider and wider! I hope it stops soon because I won't be able to keep track of all the crazy bullshit I can do if it keeps doing so!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I guess its back on the zerg train for me :sigh:

Its just unfun, but its like 3 hours of unfun for the same results of weeks of roulette or dungeons. I guess Ill just suck it up.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I've just reached the point where I joined a grand company (Gridania, because the other two hub worlds' layouts are ridiculous) and boy this game just keeps opening up wider and wider! I hope it stops soon because I won't be able to keep track of all the crazy bullshit I can do if it keeps doing so!

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

This really helps a lot.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Nukacola posted:

Yea. The organization that organically came up on Excalibur, with the amount of cooperation necessary, is pretty impressive. I'm the definition of a casual player and managed to jump almost 30 ilevels in like 2 and a half hours.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

That is a big help, thank you!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I tend to have a knack for joining the TS when there are few A ranks and no S ranks available, but it's rarely a waste of time due to the overall coordination.

Should I use my seals to upgrade accessories (my only i100 pieces are the two caster rings) or keep saving for other potential upgrades?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nukacola posted:

Yeah, hunts on Exal are pretty great. With the population of the server it's pretty easy to go do other stuff if that's what you want to do (Most queue's, even as a DPS are under 20 mins and you can usually get a goon group to speed that up). Hunts themselves are pretty boring but the rewards are nice, I'm doing them to unweather my chest piece, then prep a set for WAR when I decide to level it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm fine with them taking their time to think of an actual permanent solution because the alternative is rushed-out bandaids that then need to be replaced again in three months like Warframe and Firefall and if you played either of those games you don't want that at all.

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.
My only annoyances with hunts really, would be that they die slightly too quickly and the culling is annoying. I can't complain much though, it's been reasonably painless and I've milked it for a lot of reward.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Well this is wonderful! The security token app on my phone suddenly crapped out and insisted that I re-enter my information; and then yelled at me for the registration password for being out of date; and I can't remove it because apparently; despite IMMEDIATELY writing all this down, I have the wrong password for removal!

I swear to god SE could not be worse about the labyrinthine way they handle this garbage. :negative:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Filthy Haiku posted:

Well this is wonderful! The security token app on my phone suddenly crapped out and insisted that I re-enter my information; and then yelled at me for the registration password for being out of date; and I can't remove it because apparently; despite IMMEDIATELY writing all this down, I have the wrong password for removal!

I swear to god SE could not be worse about the labyrinthine way they handle this garbage. :negative:

Sometimes when the app resets, it borks your emergency password too. Create a support ticket, then call them with the ticket number. They'll verify your account and then remove the token.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Filthy Haiku posted:

Haha, you haven't seen the mess that is Sega's OTP solution for PSO2. It makes the SE auth process look like a Sunday picnic.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Tortolia posted:

Should I use my seals to upgrade accessories (my only i100 pieces are the two caster rings) or keep saving for other potential upgrades?

IMO, priority order for sands and oils:

#1 - Sand on your UAT + 1300 soldiery weapon to get an i110 weapon
(#1.5 - Sand or oil on whatever piece helps you hit the accuracy cap you need right now)
#2 - Sand on your weathered chestpiece/legs
#3 - Everything else, prioritizing based on what secondary stats are most important to your class

Actual specific answer: If you think you'll have 1300 soldiery and a UAT any time soon, save for a sands. Otherwise, go hog wild. Oils are also slightly better than sands if they're de-weathering accessories that you use for two endgame classes simultaneously.

pksage fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 29, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

Progress made. Byregot get.

I guess Alchemist is the obvious next choice. Then, weaver (oh god, I don't wanna do weaver). Haven't given it much thought past that. GSM and CUL should be super easy, though.

Things sped up a lot this week:

I think I should be finishing the rest out this week. Went a lot faster than I had thought. Weaver was the biggest nuisance so far, and I expect the remaining 3 won't be any better (gently caress cooking recipes with like 6 ingredients).

I started building out my ilvl 55 offhands thanks to Zen Xii getting me started with the first one.

I guess I should start putting together the class-specific Body/Hands/Pants/Shoes for each class now. That's a lot of Armory Chest space, though.

The one really nice thing about crafting is that the stories in the class quest chains are really good. Alchemist, Weaver, Goldsmith: some of my favorite quests in the game so far. It feels pretty rewarding in and of itself.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh man the baby chigoe is adorable. How is everything in this game so cute? :swoon:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Wait until you see minions play with (or adorably fight with) each other.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Oh man the baby chigoe is adorable. How is everything in this game so cute? :swoon:

pksage posted:

Wait until you see minions play with (or adorably fight with) each other.

Wolf Pup is the best minion ever. Death to the Coeurl Kittens that bother my Wolf Pup.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

CJacobs posted:

I have this lovely Infant Imp if you want, only 10,000 gil.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

SpazmasterX posted:

Sometimes when the app resets, it borks your emergency password too. Create a support ticket, then call them with the ticket number. They'll verify your account and then remove the token.

SpazmasterX posted:

Sometimes when the app resets, it borks your emergency password too.

SpazmasterX posted:

it borks your emergency password too.
Square enix account security folks. :psyduck:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

I have this lovely Infant Imp if you want, only 10,000 gil.

I heard you can find these in the FC chest.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does FF11 still run that insane PlayOnline service? I tried playing FF11 once and I'm pretty sure PO is the reason why I didn't.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
A FFXIV-themed cafe is opening in Akihabara, Tokyo in two days

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Death to the tonkatsu. Let no crumbs remain.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Started running LNC in dungeons for a change of pace from tanking, planning to max DRG and not suck at it. I love WAR but tanking new content is stressful, so I figured I'd go into stuff and learn it in a role that carries less responsibility.

What's the easiest way to target the tank's target? Surely there must be a better method than looking at the target bar and picking out the mob with the matching letter marking.

Pierson posted:

Does FF11 still run that insane PlayOnline service? I tried playing FF11 once and I'm pretty sure PO is the reason why I didn't.

Sort of. FFXI still uses PlayOnline as its frontend so you have to fire that up every time you play. However, payments are now handled through the Square Enix account page instead of POL, and you also don't have that locked-in monthly billing cycle where you have to resubscribe at the start of the month to avoid wasting money.

PlayOnline has the best music.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DizzyBum posted:

What's the easiest way to target the tank's target? Surely there must be a better method than looking at the target bar and picking out the mob with the matching letter marking.

Do you not have Target of Target bar on?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DizzyBum posted:

On PC, hit F2, then T. By default, of course.

Holy poo poo I want a Titan Burger so bad.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Samba De Amigo posted:

Tonkatsu is p good

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Interesting, they used "Siva" instead of Shiva. Probably means nothing, and might just be a spelling mistake, but it certainly caught my eye I scrolled.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Samba De Amigo posted:

wtb someone to eat cragburger HM, cant finish it :(

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

ElMaligno posted:

wtb someone to eat cragburger HM, cant finish it :(

I would wipe that plate so hard.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pierson posted:

I'm fine with them taking their time to think of an actual permanent solution because the alternative is rushed-out bandaids that then need to be replaced again in three months like Warframe and Firefall and if you played either of those games you don't want that at all.

You forgot the part where the replacement is worse/buggier than the system it's supposed to replace.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Do you not have Target of Target bar on?

If you're talking about the big lifebar of your current target that shows who it's targeting and THEIR lifebar, then yeah, I always have that displayed. I just don't like having to visually find and select the tank's target every time.

kirbysuperstar posted:

On PC, hit F2, then T. By default, of course.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Are they allowed to server alcohol? We could get some Titan Mudslides. :v:

• Locked thread