Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So if tumour girl can't swim, why do her parents have a pool with no fencing? Pretty sure there're laws about that sort of thing.

I'm guessing they want the little poo poo dead. Probably why they're sending her off to creepy doctor Savile, too.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 10, 1927)

Peanuts (August 1, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

The obvious follow-up question is "Well, who the hell are you?" And the road that leads us down, no one wants to follow.

Once this dim bulb figures out that someone thought he'd be perfect to play a dumpy sad-sack, Les won't be the only one firing his agent for incompetence.
No, Les hasn't done that yet. He should, obviously.

Popeye

I can't be the only one rooting for a land mine.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 18-19, 1925)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Welcome back, Mr Beeg, you were greatly missed.

Cul-de-sac which we have seen before.

The Creeps Has updated today! Was Jean Floch just playing with our hearts?

Poptropica

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

So if tumour girl can't swim, why do her parents have a pool with no fencing? Pretty sure there're laws about that sort of thing.

I'm guessing they want the little poo poo dead. Probably why they're sending her off to creepy doctor Savile, too.

i think they are all staying at some resort

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EasyEW posted:

Popeye

I can't be the only one rooting for a land mine.

Doesn't Popeye mostly run in british newspapers? Maybe it's an undetonated V1 or V2 rocket.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Attitude Indicator posted:

i think they are all staying at some resort

No, it's the condo complex where they all live, and Mary runs the meddling racket with an iron fist.

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

Nope. You didn't miss anything. We for reals skipped over meeting a new character so we could continue this same weeks long convversation with these same two people who, like all friends, chat while facing away from each other and just kind of vaguely smiling back over their shoulders at each other.

And the only indication time has passed is that one of them is wearing a different colored shirt. You know, the one buttoned up to the chin. On a farm. In the summer, where they've complained of the heat. I know sometimes you wear long sleeves for farm work for safety reasons, but the oxford and turtleneck action we got here...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hoover Dam posted:

No, it's the condo complex where they all live, and Mary runs the meddling racket with an iron fist.
Mary lives there, Olive and her parents don't. They're staying there in a condo belonging to a friend though, while their friend stays in their place in New York. So they both get cheap holidays.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I love how our casting Mary Worth as some sort of meddling mafia don is in line with her distant origins :allears:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

The obvious follow-up question is "Well, who the hell are you?" And the road that leads us down, no one wants to follow.

Once this dim bulb figures out that someone thought he'd be perfect to play a dumpy sad-sack, Les won't be the only one firing his agent for incompetence.
No, Les hasn't done that yet. He should, obviously.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think the parents are supposed to be lovely and neglectful, based on the way that they don't take their daughter seriously about the doctor and how they just kind of let her hang out with Mary, who is some random old lady.

But then I don't think a sane person would think "ignoring your kid when they don't like a doctor they've never met before" and "trying to give your kid swimming lessons" and "promptly taking your daughter to the doctor when she has a weird cyst" are things bad parents would do, so who knows.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They have not taken Mary's advice and immediately told her how wonderful she is, so they are evil.

Raudedauden
Jun 18, 2005

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 7/29/2003

I'm trying to figure out what he's alluding to with "Trihedron-West".

The company name as an acronym is TWITS.

Or if you want to use only the T for Trihedron-West it spells out TITS.

Raudedauden fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 29, 2014

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- The police warns alone-living elderly people of peddling foreigners
- This one even has its own teeth
- Yeah no thanks

"The police warns of alone-living elderly people peddling foreigners". How does the Finnish grammar work? :iiam:

This Fok_It was already posted back in March, so I guess it's the first rerun as far as this thread is concerned :toot:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Green Intern posted:

Holding a pistol (I assume a luger) an inch from your eye seems unwise.

That's not going to end well, but at least it won't hurt her looks when it hits her Right in the Face Comix.

Pooch Café

South Park did this joke better like ten years ago.

Ballard Street

Guess which of these two people gives a poo poo about whether or not South Park already did a joke?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There's an introverted streak running through Ballard Street men right now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How long has this 9CL story been going on? It feels like it's been months.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 7/29/2003

There's something about a classical music worshipper using his newspaper comic strip as a vehicle for STDH.txt-like denouncements of other people as pathetic geeks that I can't quite put my finger on...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Endless Mike posted:

How long has this 9CL story been going on? It feels like it's been months.

Yup, around Thanksgiving or so.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

but now she's going to get axed in the chest by jack nicholson, and unlike the shining you and your mom will have to figure out another way to escape besides letting him freeze to death since it's the middle of summer. way to go, kid

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Recently Outed as Reality's Single Greatest Waste of Potential Duck

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Howard the Recently Outed as Reality's Single Greatest Waste of Potential Duck

For further information about Cleveland, please consult the following informational videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Kammat posted:

Yup, around Thanksgiving or so.

I haven't really bothered to actually figure out what the hell is happening with it, so could someone give me a summary?

I just remember something about Germans and jokes and double agents and going for a swim and now they're suddenly in the middle of a field getting shot at.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Holy poo poo, I think this is an Inspector Danger first.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

loving wizards.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wizards! No sense of right and wrong.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Inspectors! No sense of right and wrong.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, good thing that sightline was there, otherwise I wouldn't have known what Nancy was looking at!

The Dinette Set

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Pardon My Planet

What? That's not even a pun. :confused:

Them wimmins are so wrapped up in playing their cooking video game that they have neglected to get their asses back into the kitchen to fix the men dinner, as is the natural order of things. In essence, the video game stole the men's chefs. It's funny because modern women think there's more to life than pampering the men. :allears:

Gorilla Salad posted:

They live in a condo, same one as Mary does, so this is the the condo's shared pool. Seems like the rules about fencing one of those should be even more strict, but I honestly have no idea what those laws are.

DoubleDonut posted:

I think the parents are supposed to be lovely and neglectful, based on the way that they don't take their daughter seriously about the doctor and how they just kind of let her hang out with Mary, who is some random old lady.

But then I don't think a sane person would think "ignoring your kid when they don't like a doctor they've never met before" and "trying to give your kid swimming lessons" and "promptly taking your daughter to the doctor when she has a weird cyst" are things bad parents would do, so who knows.

But they also like to have sex with each other and you know that is not an activity for responsible adults. :colbert:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The laws only state that the pool has to be fenced in from the street. If it's in the middle of a condo low-rise, the walls and the parking lot gate are enough.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Heathcliff

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (July 31, 1956)

Bonus Peanuts (January 4-6, 1951)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Holy poo poo, I think this is an Inspector Danger first.

Wait are you trying to trick us with an edit? The guy with no alibi was actually the criminal this time?

It's still a bit of insane logic though. I guess everybody in the Inspector Danger universe is only legally allowed to own one hat.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

No edit. TJ got high on his food truck. It's canon now.

Apartment 3-G

So this is just going to continue happening then. Hooray! :suicide:

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Go watch Chop Shop and then complain about your food truck, fuckhead.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I hear that ice cream trucks pretty much all deal drugs on the side. I don't know if it's actually true, but it makes sense.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
That wizard went to a lot of work to get rid of a woman who mildly annoys him.

Pickles!

Geech!

And yes, Cow and Boy is dreadful. I thought we were reading it ironically.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wanamingo posted:

Dick Tracy

Dial-up? How old is this comic? What are uninvited connections anyways?

F Minus

Mary Worth

"I was trying to hide so I ran to the big open space and it was a pool and I fell in."

Rex Morgan MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

In my preferred interpretation she is repeatedly calling him a son of a bitch.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

• Locked thread