Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Javes posted:

Some other things that people have gleaned so far:

Scorestreaks are back and a re-imagined Pipeline from CoD4 will be a bonus map.

Yes. Please start making large maps again. There hasn't been a decent large scale map since MW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Have you played Ghosts? The maps are huge in that game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

With the new game coming out soon do you think they'll finally add that 2nd screen option on the iPad app? :shepface:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Kevin Spacey, please go whole loving ham on this game. I want the scenery chewed into fine paste.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're bringing back Scorestreaks, this is beautiful. I cannot wait for the 11th.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

They're bringing back Scorestreaks, this is beautiful. I cannot wait for the 11th.
Really? NICE.

Some version of Blops 2 Combat Training would really seal the deal for me. Squads was weak even before IW messed it up.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Game will have three different special editions:

Atlas Limited Edition ($80)
- Atlas Gorge (Pipeline Remake) Bonus Map
- Digital Content Pack (Two extra weapons, exoskeleton skin, helmet skin, player card, five "supply drops" [various in-game unlocks], campaign exoskeleton upgrade)
- Soldier Manual (Concept art book, soundtrack, steel case)

Digital Pro Edition ($100)
- Season Pass
- Atlas Gorge Bonus Map
- Digital Content Pack

Atlas Pro Edition ($120)
- Season Pass
- Atlas Gorge Bonus Map
- Digital Content Pack
- Soldier Manual

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Which map was pipeline?

:frogout:

JetpackJeezus fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 30, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Which map was pipeline?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Digital Pro seems to be the way to go. Also, it sounds like they're bringing in a BF4 battlepack equivalent with the supply drops.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Which map was pipeline?

The Cod4 one with all the ruined Russian industrial buildings, with the real grass so you could hush.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Pipeline was a great map. The only good multi-level map, really.

JetpackJeezus posted:

- Digital Content Pack (Two extra weapons, exoskeleton skin, helmet skin, player card, five "supply drops" [various in-game unlocks], campaign exoskeleton upgrade)

- Season Pass
- Atlas Gorge Bonus Map
- Digital Content Pack

Atlas Pro Edition ($120)
- Season Pass
- Atlas Gorge Bonus Map
- Digital Content Pack
- Soldier Manual

No cheap plastic toys this time?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

No cheap plastic toys this time?

I seriously thought the guns they showed were cheap plastic toys and my immediate thought was "oh I gotta get whatever edition that is." Now I'm sad they're not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JetpackJeezus posted:

- Season Pass
- Atlas Gorge Bonus Map
- Digital Content Pack

This seems like the best one. Seems like you're getting around 60 bucks worth of DLC for 40 bucks.

Kinda want that sweet-rear end steel case, but haha paying 120 bucks for a CoD game.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I mean... you are talking a $20 difference. You are already paying $100 for a COD game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'll probably get the one Atlas Limited Edition because I'm a sucker for steel cases and I can just sell the art stuff to my buddy to recoup the extra I paid for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzit posted:

I mean... you are talking a $20 difference. You are already paying $100 for a COD game.

Point taken but I mean I'm not even sure I'm paying 60 bucks for this. Jet boots Kevin Spacey hoverbike yeah, but I'm still pretty raw over Ghosts when you get right down to brass tacks. :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waiting to hear what zombies/extinction mode it has if any.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Javes posted:

Have you played Ghosts? The maps are huge in that game.

There hasn't been a decent large scale map since MW2.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Are you calling Derailed or Wasteland decent?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

sunday at work posted:

There hasn't been a decent large scale map since MW2.

Are we counting maps where you can mortar certain cap points non-stop?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mister Macys posted:

Are we counting maps where you can mortar certain cap points non-stop?

That is not a problem with the map.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Derailed was a good map. Wasteland was an amazing map (for hushing).

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Wazzit posted:

Are you calling Derailed or Wasteland decent?

Wasteland.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It was a pretty loving awesome map to get an AC-130 on, that's true.

Otherwise, the idyllic radioactive scenery, Interventions spinning and SNAPing in the pubbie's mating display, the bunker constantly exploding...what's not to like?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I wasn't a fan of maps that catered to snipers. It wasn't even that great of an AC-130 map, as there are certain areas that the AC-130 guns couldn't reach at certain angles.

My favorite AC-130 map was Afghan. Especially with MW2's spawn logic (or lack thereof).

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

That's true about the dead zones on Wasteland, but pounding the spawns by the chopper pad, etc were sufficiently rewarding.

But yeah, putting a 105 on the doorway of the Afghan big bunker was the best.

Maybe they'll just reskin the '130 for this game; we can hope.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Merry Marauder posted:

That's true about the dead zones on Wasteland, but pounding the spawns by the chopper pad, etc were sufficiently rewarding.

But yeah, putting a 105 on the doorway of the Afghan big bunker was the best.

Maybe they'll just reskin the '130 for this game; we can hope.

Someone making GBS threads out AC-130's while the rest roam with shotguns in the bunkers and cave so it forces the spawn on C was probably the meanest loving thing you could do after abusing OMA tubing.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone making GBS threads out AC-130's while the rest roam with shotguns in the bunkers and cave so it forces the spawn on C was probably the meanest loving thing you could do after abusing OMA tubing.

i would like to see this. this sound amusing to watch.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

JetpackJeezus posted:

I might get this one. Map packs have pretty much been a waste of money for me so I won't bother any more even if this game turns out awesome, but I'm a sucker for camos and silly hats.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I know this is a bit of a weird thing to think about but has there been any news regarding what the stats/tracking/app interface is going to be? I loved the way you could see almost everything easily online for BLOPS2 and thought that the Ghosts app was complete bullshit, especially considering there was no web crossover and the complete fickle nature of wether or not it would work, especially during Clan Wars. I realize that almost every product being released at this point has some lovely app to ~*~eNhAnCe tHe ExPeRiEnCe~*~ but I just hope we see a COD Elite-esque implementation.

Also the digital pro pack is brilliant, especially after the wave of people who sold their physical copies back to EB/Gamestop/whatever a month after release. I'm sure there's an suit somewhere at Activision losing sleep over LOST REVENUE

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I think I see a super OP UAV icon in his scorestreak slots on the side there. Not sure what the other thing is.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It looks like the Dragonfire from BLOPS 2 or the Vulture from Ghosts.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gordon Shumway posted:

I think I see a super OP UAV icon in his scorestreak slots on the side there. Not sure what the other thing is.

0/10. Won't buy. Not gonna support OP streaks like a UAV.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Gordon Shumway posted:

Michael Bay style Lens flare.... in loving MP..

THAT.. is what you see.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Michael Bay style Lens flare.... in loving MP..

THAT.. is what you see.

In the bright glare of the corporate future, there is only non-polarized shades.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I don't care about their silly campaign plot, if there are VSATs, I am 100% on board.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

I'm sold. On the single player for once.

That said; loving :lol: at a corporation rebuilding infrastructure better than a government. Libertarian whopper of the century. :laffo:
The company is even named Atlas. Amazing.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
If that is a UAV, then it's a 6 kill streak.

I hope they don't do that thing where kills in FFA are only 50 points, which would mean that UAV is a 12 kill streak. 12 kills would net you an AC-130 in MW2 :downs:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Well a UAV is about on par with an AC-130.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
UAV's are way too powerful, now replacing it as the cheapest scorestreak is RC-XD now with hot JumpJets at 2 points to earn it.

Secret RC-XD race tracks on every map.

• Locked thread