Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I've been getting DNC mail for years, and they are very much using "Impeachment!? :ohdear:" as a way to get people to donate money.

Honestly, it's a bit refreshing to see them take advantage of the GOP for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This afternoon it was 37 users

We are now at 528

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Has anyone put forth the effort to cite all the "Impeach Obama!" quotes from Republicans? And not just the talking heads and Foxnews (although seeing all those would be great, too!), but actual elected officials and party higher ups. I know there have been, even fairly recently.

I had to put up with "He needs to be impeached" from both my brother and my sister's husband over Christmas. I had to leave the room before vomiting. A few months ago they were on about how disrespectful Obummer was for taking selfies at Mandela's memorial. I dropped about W's selfie with Bono, and there was some grunting and the topic changed. The brother in law is a morning dj for a country station, and likely wants to be a Rush clone.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
When you find yourself arguing about politicians taking selfies, you should probably just stop talking.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Radish posted:

I also think that Palin kind of forced their hand. They were content with just making sure Obama couldn't do anything and giving lots of "we MIGHT do something if we have to tee hee ;)" stuff but then Palin dropped the impeachment word and the dogs started barking. So now it's trying to pretend that their base isn't salivating at the thought of showing that Obama what fer and their fringe elements haven't been openly calling for insurrection the moment he was elected.

Yeah, you can only keep up the campaign about Obama's illegal unconstitutional Islamomarxist crimes for so long before the rubes expect you to do something about it in exchange for the votes and money you're conning from them, and it's hilarious to watch the fierce backpedaling and spinning to explain away why they're not impeaching Obama for his many, many crimes.

I saw D'Souza's movie America over the weekend with my dad and the family, and among many hilariously ridiculous parts was this pathetic self-pitying scene where D'Souza sits in handcuffs complaining that his conviction for blatant violation of campaign finance laws was politically motivated because he criticized Obama (I got caught committing election fraud, thanks Obama! :qq:), and if he'd been a liberal then the government would have looked the other way :rolleyes:

When I asked my dad whether he thought D'Souza was being paranoid, my dad insisted that Obama had broken all kinds of campaign finance laws in 2008 and 2012 but since he's President he told the Justice Department not to investigate. I asked him why Boehner didn't demand they appoint a special prosecutor when the Republicans had been able to get one over a blowjob, so doesn't that indicate there's not actually any evidence or else why wouldn't Boehner take advantage of the situation, and eventually I just got to "Oh Boehner's part of the establishment, yada yada, he supports Obama that's why he won't let True Conservatives investigate Obama's crimes."

It's actually really interesting to hear my dad talk about this stuff because it's like a view into a parallel world where up is down.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Dinesh D'Sooz debating Chris Hedges:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjf3j0Aeeo

If that's been posted before, sorry.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Kelfeftaf posted:

Isn't Dinesh a convicted felon now? Why isn't he in jail?

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Kelfeftaf posted:

A nicely illustrative look into Dinesh's warped idea of Christianity was his talk with Shermer

Did you know! Feeding a hungry child is only a positive achievement if the government doesn't play a role? When you tax a rich person to help a poor person, you might as well be an old-timey highwayman! Mitt Romney needs three hundred sandwiches per day, don't ask why.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Ninjasaurus posted:

Isn't Dinesh a convicted felon now? Why isn't he in jail?

He hasn't been sentenced yet and is only going to get about a year in minimum security

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Aw, I didn't know that he plea bargained.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Watching Fox News at the gym, this poo poo is astounding. Some real wheels within wheels logic. Basically: We want to impeach, but it's a dumb thing to do, and Obama knows it is dumb, so it's his fault for tricking us into impeaching, but we still really want to do it.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Good Citizen posted:

Like TPC, these guys are about to get a first hand lesson on the workings of Poe's law. Conservative 'no censorship' groups are so vulnerable to parody accounts because their real views are parody and the real people agree unironically with parody positions.

It's only a matter of time before parody accounts become trusted members of the community and sincere right wingers are banned for trolling. Good times.

Oh man, this poo poo could be priceless. I remember when LF invaded that Sarah Palin fan site and drove all the Palin lovers batshit insane over about a week. They had few mods and no way of banning people so the trolling went on for pages and pages. People from LF set up account after account and just went at it 24/7. Good times.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

If you don't consider the equal number of Americans you'd have to expose to lethal levels of radiation in order to nuke the largely border bound Canadian populace "break[ing] a sweat."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

DynamicSloth posted:

If you don't consider the equal number of Americans you'd have to expose to lethal levels of radiation in order to nuke the largely border bound Canadian populace "break[ing] a sweat."

The majority of them would be liberals from the primarily blue states that border Canada, so I'm sure he'd be fine with that.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DynamicSloth posted:

Also for Israel, only if you don't becoming a worldwide pariah, losing America's massive military support, and risking a UN-sanctioned invasion of your country to capture the leaders and charge them with crimes against humanity for murdering some 4.5 million people as "breaking a sweat".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The majority of them would be liberals from the primarily blue states that border Canada, so I'm sure he'd be fine with that.

Actually they'd probably be Republicans in rural areas of those blue states.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

computer parts posted:

Actually they'd probably be Republicans in rural areas of those blue states.

Sacrifices must be made.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Spacedad posted:

Steven "nuclear holocaust gives me a hard-on" Crowder.

"Censorship" in their minds is really just "having my lovely debunked ideas dismissed from serious debate."

They're about to become big fans of censorship.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

This is like the easiest, most legal and simple way to enact voter suppression against Republicans. Just have Obama tell them to eat healthy, drink clean water, remember to breathe air at all times, hold your breath when you swim under water, aim a gun away from your face when firing, don't ever set yourself on fire, avoid poisonous snakes, do not (under any circumstances) drink bleach nor inject it into your veins.

http://www.readingisforsnobs.com/2013/09/yes-thanks-to-michelle-obama.html

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ninjasaurus posted:

I really don't want to see Obama impeached.

I do, 2 years of Joe Biden here we come :unsmigghh:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

VitalSigns posted:

Also for Israel, only if you don't becoming a worldwide pariah, losing America's massive military support, and risking a UN-sanctioned invasion of your country to capture the leaders and charge them with crimes against humanity for murdering some 4.5 million people as "breaking a sweat".

Nah, Israel doesn't care as much about that as the fact that it'll be difficult to build condos there after they nuke it. They're saving their nukes for Iran or Syria.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

They're about to become big fans of censorship.

What do you mean, "become"?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

The biggest problem is Israel's second strike capabilities. If they lose the homeland by invasion or nukes, they target every Arab Capitol and major city in range. With say, 200 nukes at 50 kilotons, you're looking at a worldwide nuclear winter that'll last 30 years and a depletion of the ozone layer by 80 percent, not to mention the immediate billion lives lost in the firestorm. All in all a limited nuclear exchange in the middle east will kill 4,000,000, 000 to 6,000,000,000.

They call it the Solomon Option. It's straight up Dr. Strangelove.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

7thBatallion posted:

Samson Option.

Solomon is the guy who offered to split a Baby in two, Samson is the guy who tore down a temple while inside it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

7thBatallion posted:

The biggest problem is Israel's second strike capabilities. If they lose the homeland by invasion or nukes, they target every Arab Capitol

"capital"

quote:

and major city in range. With say, 200 nukes at 50 kilotons

no

quote:

you're looking at a worldwide nuclear winter that'll last 30 years and a depletion of the ozone layer by 80 percent

no

quote:

They call it the Solomon Option

Samson option, and it's not real.

Facts are nice to have

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

7thBatallion posted:

The biggest problem is Israel's second strike capabilities. If they lose the homeland by invasion or nukes, they target every Arab Capitol and major city in range. With say, 200 nukes at 50 kilotons, you're looking at a worldwide nuclear winter that'll last 30 years and a depletion of the ozone layer by 80 percent, not to mention the immediate billion lives lost in the firestorm. All in all a limited nuclear exchange in the middle east will kill 4,000,000, 000 to 6,000,000,000.

IIRC nuclear winter fears are overblown especially after Saddam set his gas fields on fire and they released more particulates into the atmosphere than any nuclear exchange would (nothing happened).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

7thBatallion posted:

Luckily almost every Arab capital and major city in believed range of Israeli nukes is currently or will soon be heavily damaged by civil wars, rebllions, and general unrest or Israel itself. Except the Jordanian cities, which Israel will never touch.

:rimshot:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Luckily almost every Arab capital and major city in believed range of Israeli nukes is currently or will soon be heavily damaged by civil wars, rebllions, and general unrest or Israel itself. Except the Jordanian cities, which Israel will never touch.

:rimshot:

Germany sold them subs. And my bad on the names. I get Sampson and Solomon confused all the loving time. The rest is going off various books from the 70s, so my info is probably outdated.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

7thBatallion posted:

Germany sold them subs. And my bad on the names. I get Sampson and Solomon confused all the loving time. The rest is going off various books from the 70s, so my info is probably outdated.

It's easy. Solomon is the maniac who threatened to cut a baby in half, Samson is the maniac who kills people with a jawbone and killed himself while destroying a church and everyone inside it.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's easy. Solomon is the maniac who threatened to cut a baby in half, Samson is the maniac who kills people with a jawbone and killed himself while destroying a church and everyone inside it.
The last time I read a bible, Clinton was president. But thanks, that might help.

And I suppose I should just sell off my copy of "The Effects of Nuclear Weapons" then?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm no biblical scholar, if Samson self destructed the building, killing everyone inside, who wrote the story down? Is there an explanation other than goddidit?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm no biblical scholar, if Samson self destructed the building, killing everyone inside, who wrote the story down? Is there an explanation other than goddidit?

Anyone not in the building would be a pretty good eyewitness.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Pretty sure anyone looking through the entrance could see what Samson was doing, dude.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Reality: 1
Dumb Christians: 0

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

M'lady brings up a good point. *doffs fedora*

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Duh, the Lord was watching. How else do we know that He made a bet with the devil about Job, or that He made Pharaoh decide to gently caress with the Jews? What part of "the Word of God" don't you understand?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

That's the part of the story that bothers you, not the "bringing the temple down with his bare hands" bit?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That's easy, critical analysis has shown that most of the books of Kings and Judges was compiled from angry letters by surrounding countries complaining about poo poo like that.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Republicans posted:

That's the part of the story that bothers you, not the "bringing the temple down with his bare hands" bit?

Of course not, his hair had grown back out by that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Republicans posted:

It was probably a really lovely grover temple with load-bearing drywall. Wouldn't take much.