Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Red posted:

Because the franchise is embarrassingly awful right now? :smith:
Besides that :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Fritzler posted:

So Carnage, Doppleganger, Carrion, Demogoblin and Shriek with the ATA are an even 600? I realize you probably can't talk about this, but when designing the figure do you have a better idea (whether explicitly told or not), of the formula that decides how many points that someone is worth?

And you win the no-prize. And this is treading dangerously close to NDA territory but I think I can say without breaking anything that I don't know anything more about the point formula after 2 world titles then I did before

Waffles Inc. posted:

Morand are you required to have yourself on the sculpt?

I'm sure I could have bowed out but gently caress the haters I'm going to be on that sculpt. How many people really get that chance?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CapnAndy posted:

Besides that :smithicide:

:smith: We'll always have 'World loving Champions!".

Morand: Did you have a choice between DC/Marvel, or did they say: "We have a spot in an upcoming Marvel set - who do you want?".

Regardless, picking a lesser-known villain is awesome.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Showtime, how does one go about signing up for the WKO at Cape Fear Games? Turns out I can crash with a friend out there, so I'm definitely going.

Morand posted:

And you win the no-prize. And this is treading dangerously close to NDA territory but I think I can say without breaking anything that I don't know anything more about the point formula after 2 world titles then I did before

And having seen the method by which they assign points, I can say that you know about as much as I do.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Fritzler posted:

So Carnage, Doppleganger, Carrion, Demogoblin and Shriek with the ATA are an even 600? I realize you probably can't talk about this, but when designing the figure do you have a better idea (whether explicitly told or not), of the formula that decides how many points that someone is worth?

That just helped me pick my team for a 400pt silver age match tonight. I was struggling there for a while, but I know I have Carnage, Carrion and Demogoblin which lets me ride in right around 368 points. I always struggle with assembling these teams, mainly because I can't come up with good ideas. The only original idea I had is actually quite a bit easier now. I was hoping to build a team around the old Scooby Doo cartoon and the DP Dogpool just made that much easier to do. Now to just hope I can convince the judge to let us have one night to run that idea for teambuilding.

Also, after looking over the previews on that one facebook page for GOTG, I have to say I'm a bit upset that Annihilus and Iron Man are both SR figures. Means that I'll likely not get them unless I want to fork out $50 on the secondary market, just like Cable and Banshee. I still don't have those ones though....

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Morand: Did you have a choice between DC/Marvel, or did they say: "We have a spot in an upcoming Marvel set - who do you want?".

Straight up can't answer that. Sorry. That would be giving out a detail in the design process.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

Straight up can't answer that. Sorry. That would be giving out a detail in the design process.
It's public knowledge that your first pick was Dex-Starr, though, so you clearly did have a choice between Marvel and DC.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Oh, no apologies necessary - NDAs are no joke.

CapnAndy posted:

It's public knowledge that your first pick was Dex-Starr, though, so you clearly did have a choice between Marvel and DC.

He had a personal preference, not a choice. :eng101:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

You are free to make your own assumptions that I can neither confirm nor deny

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Showtime, how does one go about signing up for the WKO at Cape Fear Games? Turns out I can crash with a friend out there, so I'm definitely going.

You just have to go to capefeargames.com and click on Event Registration. It's the first banner tab on the left. There is also a scrolling banner on the front page with a link you can click on. Just purchase the registrations you want and checkout like normal (just choose in-store pickup for shipping).

Leave your WizKids ID in the comment field. If you purchase your friends too, then just include both names and WizKids ID's.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Bad news for me from my local shop. Seems like the two cheeselords now make up 1/3 of the people playing. One even tried to sneak 490 point team (of Mage Knight, which I don't think is allowed in silver play), in 400 pts silver age, past every opponent they had. The judge allowed the mage knight because that is all he brought, but he just hoped no players would call him on the higher point value. The judge just rolled his eyes when he found out about the higher point value when I called him on it mid round.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I trust by "just rolled his eyes" you mean the judge didn't disqualify the guy for cheating?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

mk pieces are cool and people should allow them to be played all the time

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

I trust by "just rolled his eyes" you mean the judge didn't disqualify the guy for cheating?

He lost every match but the one against me. And it was because everyone but me brought major cheese... :(

Didn't matter if he was disqualified or not, the person that got the non-fellowship was 3-0. And the other prize went to fellowship...

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

SublimeDelusions posted:

He lost every match but the one against me. And it was because everyone but me brought major cheese... :(

Didn't matter if he was disqualified or not, the person that got the non-fellowship was 3-0. And the other prize went to fellowship...

It does matter though. Disqualification says, "we're not putting up with your cheating bullshit;" letting him play out is tacit agreement that what he did was ok. I've seen people get suspended from venues for less blatant cheating than this.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005

Sanschel posted:

It does matter though. Disqualification says, "we're not putting up with your cheating bullshit;" letting him play out is tacit agreement that what he did was ok. I've seen people get suspended from venues for less blatant cheating than this.

I agree. But his cheeselording basically chased a lot of people out from the only venue because it isn't that fun for them anymore. The judge let him stay in because only 6 people showed up last night (and he and 3 of the other players were busy discussing what to do at gencon, to which I got an invite but probably can't afford). The other cheeselord just laughed that he overbuilt. It is things like this that make me dislike this place at times, but it is the only game in town.

However, it may not be for long as WizKids screwed up product availability is upsetting the store manager since they have no product outside of WoL. So they are basically buying things they can't sell and buying things that are just getting backordered.

Why can't I get lucky enough to get a venue like a lot of you guys have? Oh wait, I live in the middle of nowhere..

On a bright side, we did discuss horrible choices for a world's figure. Basically what would be the most useless figure someone could make with their championship, just stuff that would be a waste yet still funny to see.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

SublimeDelusions posted:

On a bright side, we did discuss horrible choices for a world's figure. Basically what would be the most useless figure someone could make with their championship, just stuff that would be a waste yet still funny to see.

One local guy wants to make a Gotham Undercover officer and the sculpt would just be him in a trenchcoat

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If I ever won I would do a Loki/Leah duo and have Leah throwing me through a plate glass window.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

If I ever won I would do a Loki/Leah duo and have Leah throwing me through a plate glass window.

I think I'd get one of The Destroyer punching my face into smithereens, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that'd want a Destroyer clix. :smith:

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
My Worlds fig would definitely be Golden Oldie, from a Twinkies comic ad where Aunt May was made a Herald of Galactus and found a planet made of Twinkies that sated his hunger.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

That's pretty great. I'd make a rockslide/anole duo. Bromo Superior.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'd do Terror, Inc attaching my arm to himself, although that would mean I'd need to get a uniquely identifiable yet not trademarked tattoo to prove the arm is mine.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
My local guys who are going for Worlds this year would do Howard the Duck and Butterball/Boulder (from Avengers Academy), respectively. As for me, I'd go with Plastic Man, and beg them to make a bunch of SwitchClix sculpts of various 3D objects painted up like him that you could swap between for fun.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Grammar Aryan posted:

My Worlds fig would definitely be Golden Oldie, from a Twinkies comic ad where Aunt May was made a Herald of Galactus and found a planet made of Twinkies that sated his hunger.

Aunt May, Herald of Galactus?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
drat straight. Make her some sort of points-efficient support piece, give her the Spider-Man Family, Cosmic, and Herald keywords, maybe some sort of special version of Support? My desire here is to mostly make grognards who take comics too seriously mad that there are "better" figs to have made.

Did Golden Oldie show up outside of that Twinkies comic? I fully admit that I don't know too much about comics except for the absurd bits, or things like Astro City.

Afterthought: WizKids, make Astro City Clix. I want a Confessor/Altar Boy duo.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'd be torn. I'd want to make a giant new Bi-Beast, or Hatut Zeraze generics and hope they make a White Wolf prime out of them, or Achebe, or a CF/Fenway duo, or Eye Scream the mutant who could turn into ice cream.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Wave 2 figures getting spoiled in the latter pages of this thread: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492172&page=100

Morro, Sodam Yat, Black Hand, and Butcher are all coded right now. As Entities it looks like Hand is about giving some RS/PB & healing, while Butchcer is about raw stats and BCF supplementing; both are tremendously solid on their own, too, and Butcher's 3-8 Blades is insane. Sodam seems like he may be this wave's Weaponer for hard hitting & annoying to put down.

Edit: holy poo poo, Ion is loving crazy :psyduck:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sanschel posted:

Ion is stupid. That ability should be 2 powers or 2 stats, not 2 and 2. That guy is going to be expensive as poo poo.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

I'd better pull him because I'm pretty sure that pricetag is going to read "NO".

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I got Resurrection Man at SDCC. His dial has no powers on it, but his card has four different special powers on it that seems like he would never be able to use, since they don't show up on his dial at all.

The best I can think is that his d20 has a white dot on it, and maybe those four powers are the special powers he can choose from should he roll that, but nothing in the power description says that. Then again, there's also a typo in the power description so it might have been left off.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I'd better pull him because I'm pretty sure that pricetag is going to read "NO".

I've been stockpiling eBay cash in anticipation of this. It's going to hurt but I'm getting one.

On second look though his stats aren't really going to give many pieces a boost. Powers are good but not great

Morand fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 29, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

So I got Resurrection Man at SDCC. His dial has no powers on it, but his card has four different special powers on it that seems like he would never be able to use, since they don't show up on his dial at all.

The best I can think is that his d20 has a white dot on it
Got it in one, buddy :)

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

I've been stockpiling eBay cash in anticipation of this. It's going to hurt but I'm getting one.

On second look though his stats aren't really going to give many pieces a boost. Powers are good but not great

Huh, hadn't even noticed that. He'll make a mid-range piece fantastic but the already buff just get some nice support powers. Still, pushing to that second click and bestowing Willpower on your entire team for 25 points, plus Outwit or Impervious, is totally worth the 25. If he wasn't one of the two big Entities next to Parallax he probably wouldn't be so secondary market expensive, but sadly he is and he will be.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm also just a fan of it giving a unit the Green Lantern keyword.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Black Hand has the Monster keyword eh? Looks like I've got several characters that might get possessed and join Duhg's Army.

Either that or have the true lord of the Undead take over the Black Lanterns: Dracula!

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
So, the kind folks on HCRealms posted the participation prize John Stewart. Holy poo poo, he's really good. 165/95 with Indom, 10 range, and IT: Hindering and Characters. If you play him at 95 with the power battery, green ring, and shield, he has a 17 square swing with an 11 attack and 5 damage. Oh, and have fun hitting his 20 defense. I'm so happy with this piece.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

SublimeDelusions posted:

I agree. But his cheeselording basically chased a lot of people out from the only venue because it isn't that fun for them anymore. The judge let him stay in because only 6 people showed up last night (and he and 3 of the other players were busy discussing what to do at gencon, to which I got an invite but probably can't afford). The other cheeselord just laughed that he overbuilt. It is things like this that make me dislike this place at times, but it is the only game in town.

However, it may not be for long as WizKids screwed up product availability is upsetting the store manager since they have no product outside of WoL. So they are basically buying things they can't sell and buying things that are just getting backordered.

Why can't I get lucky enough to get a venue like a lot of you guys have? Oh wait, I live in the middle of nowhere..

Where is it you live again? Rapid City?

As for the World Champion figure, if I won I would (as I've said many times before) make Fight-Man. He'd be flying off with some piece of memorabilia as I yell at him for crushing my car as collateral damage or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'd want a John Henry Irons/Man of Steel/Steel piece. Don't care how I'd be worked in. Great character ruined by a terrible movie.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

More dials spoiled; John Stewart is apparently DC's Punisher, Red Lantern Spectre is a nightmare, the other two Entities are both excellent, and the Primes are different (Laira is a close combat hellion, Abin is incredibly cost efficient but eaten alive by Prob Control).

Dex-Starr is also up and he's pretty fantastic for four clicks. Morand, what would you have done differently if you'd went ahead and made him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Dex-Starr is also up and he's pretty fantastic for four clicks. Morand, what would you have done differently if you'd went ahead and made him?

I have no idea because that cat is hell on wheels and I never got around to really thinking about the dial and the layout since I switched to Shriek pretty early on.

Defense would have been a little bit higher, and maybe an extra click or two? I never would have thought about the blood in the eyes power though. I also was considering something based around his search for his masters killers but never really hashed it out in my head.

I think overall though that Wizkids made a loving amazing dial for the character and I'm glad I don't have to compete with it.

• Locked thread