Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I've been playing as India trying to get all the achievements, which basically requires a world conquest. In my downtime between holy wars I have been raiding a lot, much more than when I played a Norse actually. My question is

What is in the goddamned chest?

I've already gotten the chest from looting twice now, and both times it was just trinkets worth 10 gold. Googling lead me to believe there are other, possibly wacky outcomes, but I am not sure how I would get them. Does anyone with an understanding of the game know what else can happen, and what traits are needed to make the other things happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

cryptoclastic posted:

I've been playing as India trying to get all the achievements, which basically requires a world conquest. In my downtime between holy wars I have been raiding a lot, much more than when I played a Norse actually. My question is

What is in the goddamned chest?

I've already gotten the chest from looting twice now, and both times it was just trinkets worth 10 gold. Googling lead me to believe there are other, possibly wacky outcomes, but I am not sure how I would get them. Does anyone with an understanding of the game know what else can happen, and what traits are needed to make the other things happen?

Wait a minute, you can raid as an hindu/buddhist?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Hindus can, dunno about Buddhists (doubt it, the entire point of Hindus is they're the most war monger-y of the 3), just have to toggle the raid icon like you would Norse.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

cryptoclastic posted:

If it's the OG chest it either has 10 gold, 200 gold, nothing or

quote:

The key fits the lock, and you slowly open the chest. It contains nothing but dust! As you run your hand through it, strange lights begin to manifest in the room and you close your eyes when the first ghostly apparitions appear. You hear the screams of your guards, and when you finally open your eyes again, the spectres are gone... and your guards have been reduced to ash.

(this is also nothing)

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Could be trinkets (10 gold), gold (200 gold), parchments (nothing I think) or an Indiana Jones reference.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Edison was a dick posted:

I have a Git mirror if that would be easier :haw:

Yeah that would really save me the trouble of having to zip the files and upload them to mediafire!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

RagnarokAngel posted:

Hindus can, dunno about Buddhists (doubt it, the entire point of Hindus is they're the most war monger-y of the 3), just have to toggle the raid icon like you would Norse.

Great, Im playing my first hindu game and had no idea about that. Thank you.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I have painted half of Europe with my trade empire and 2 original patricians have never built a post despite plenty of cheap real estate in my realm.

Like I said, they need to get a reasonable income flow before they start setting up trade posts - the AI isn't usually too bright about prioritizing their palace to provide more taxes and if they're not the Doge and don't conquer territories for themselves or benefit from vassal taxes, they've only got a small drip of income to build trade posts with. If you really want to see them build a trade post, try giving them a few gifts for investment capital.

That said, the guys who started behind in the race for trade posts are probably always going to be one step behind the guys who managed to carve our a trade realm early on, due to how trade zones work.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

nutranurse posted:

Yeah that would really save me the trouble of having to zip the files and upload them to mediafire!

http://example.com/cgit/cgit.cgi/lux-invicta.git/ is on my git server. I'd rather not push to github as that would imply more legitimacy than it has. If anyone hears complaints about me sharing this, let me know so I can take it down.

Unfortunately, the repository is rather large, so I won't be offering a public git clone url.

lux-invicta-483f04153c52e77f7bf6203ff97236fc9fbf58ba.zip is the furthest I've tested, the commit immediately after that is broken, but there's 8 after that.
lux-invicta-master.zip is the latest, and will continue to be so as I update the mirror.

I may be the only one that cares, but lux-invicta-linux-port.tar.xz contains enough file path fixes to allow the mod to work on Linux.

EDIT:

All the links above are to versions which use the new map. The last version before the map change is lux-invicta-ed8db4f3f26958e1595500ae0d30ab076a13ba2f.zip if you have old games you want to finish.

EDIT2: Sorry folks, my dinky server can't handle the size of the assets recently added to Lux Invicta, I'll have to sort something else out.

Edison was a dick fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 29, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man, being Jewish is hard. I finally consolidated a rather vast territory in the steppes and fought my way through the Muslim clowncar, and the Byzantine Empire, and took Jerusalem. I created Israel and restored the Kohen Gadol, and it's all pretty hunky-dory. However, because it was such a hard start, my progress was so slow that by the time I'd finished all this, the Mongols came a-knocking. They invaded me and took most of my original holdings in Khazaria.

Then, seeing my weakened state, the Sunni Caliphate declared a Jihad for Jerusalem!!

:smith:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DrSunshine posted:

Man, being Jewish is hard. I finally consolidated a rather vast territory in the steppes and fought my way through the Muslim clowncar, and the Byzantine Empire, and took Jerusalem. I created Israel and restored the Kohen Gadol, and it's all pretty hunky-dory. However, because it was such a hard start, my progress was so slow that by the time I'd finished all this, the Mongols came a-knocking. They invaded me and took most of my original holdings in Khazaria.

Then, seeing my weakened state, the Sunni Caliphate declared a Jihad for Jerusalem!!

:smith:

The Mongols are just the worst. It would be one thing if they had to actually, ya know, mind attrition. But couple their ability to march around 50-60k unit doomstacks with how swole horse archers are, and the difficulty of matching them numerically due to supply limits...

What a loving hassle.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

E: Never mind. :sigh:

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Gimme gimme!

Sorry my server couldn't handle the repo. I'll try it on Github.

EDIT: Push is in progress, it should eventually show up at https://github.com/fishface60/lux-invicta, but it may take a couple of hours.

Edison was a dick fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 30, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Mongols are just the worst. It would be one thing if they had to actually, ya know, mind attrition. But couple their ability to march around 50-60k unit doomstacks with how swole horse archers are, and the difficulty of matching them numerically due to supply limits...

What a loving hassle.

Also, the Ilkhanate was favored by the RNG this time, and spawned with like 160K troops. At my peak, I was able to raise a maximum of about 50k levies, plus 16k of my retinues, and had about 7000 gold in the bank so I could add about 30k more mercenaries.

Still not enough. :gonk:

Now I wonder what my options are? Should I make some kind of crazed beeline for the islands of Greece? The Byzantines got their teeth kicked in by the Muslims, so they're fairly weak. I bet I could take a bunch of stuff from them if I was aggressive. But going too far West means I'd bump up against the clusterfuck that is Catholic Europe...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Also, the Ilkhanate was favored by the RNG this time, and spawned with like 160K troops. At my peak, I was able to raise a maximum of about 50k levies, plus 16k of my retinues, and had about 7000 gold in the bank so I could add about 30k more mercenaries.

Still not enough. :gonk:

Now I wonder what my options are? Should I make some kind of crazed beeline for the islands of Greece? The Byzantines got their teeth kicked in by the Muslims, so they're fairly weak. I bet I could take a bunch of stuff from them if I was aggressive. But going too far West means I'd bump up against the clusterfuck that is Catholic Europe...

If you're in danger of losing your last holding, then yes take over an island. Otherwise, just hope they decide to go around you while there is a truce.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

SeaTard posted:

If you're in danger of losing your last holding, then yes take over an island. Otherwise, just hope they decide to go around you while there is a truce.

Well, as I said earlier, my realm consists primarily of the lands I took as I beelined for the Holy Land, and now I'm currently stuck between the Sunni Caliph, who's taken over Egypt, Anatolia, and a good deal of the Arabian peninsula, and the Mongols who've eaten up most of my realm in the Steppes. I am essentially a big fat vulnerable blob, with nowhere else to go. I guess I'll just reload from an autosave a year or two ago and flee to the Mediterranean!

It'd be really sad to lose Jerusalem, though. The Jews are forced to wander again, it seems. :smith:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

DrSunshine posted:

Well, as I said earlier, my realm consists primarily of the lands I took as I beelined for the Holy Land, and now I'm currently stuck between the Sunni Caliph, who's taken over Egypt, Anatolia, and a good deal of the Arabian peninsula, and the Mongols who've eaten up most of my realm in the Steppes. I am essentially a big fat vulnerable blob, with nowhere else to go. I guess I'll just reload from an autosave a year or two ago and flee to the Mediterranean!

It'd be really sad to lose Jerusalem, though. The Jews are forced to wander again, it seems. :smith:

Who owns Cyprus? That might make a decent fallback.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Alright, someone help me figure out how this happened. By 1070 the Pope was a vassal of the HRE. But in ~1140 the Kaiser decided having one vassal Pope wasn't enough, and he established an Anti-Pope. I dunno, it just seems wrong.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's like pokemon. One minute you're collecting them, the next you're making them fight.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tomn posted:

Like I said, they need to get a reasonable income flow before they start setting up trade posts - the AI isn't usually too bright about prioritizing their palace to provide more taxes and if they're not the Doge and don't conquer territories for themselves or benefit from vassal taxes, they've only got a small drip of income to build trade posts with. If you really want to see them build a trade post, try giving them a few gifts for investment capital.

That said, the guys who started behind in the race for trade posts are probably always going to be one step behind the guys who managed to carve our a trade realm early on, due to how trade zones work.

It's a bug, but thanks for the lesson I didn't ask for.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

Ok, ed8db4f3f26958e1595500ae0d30ab076a13ba2f.zip is the last version before the map change.

483f04153c52e77f7bf6203ff97236fc9fbf58ba.zip is the latest I've tested, the commit immediately after it broke, but there's been 8 others.

master.zip will always be the most recent version, I expect to update this daily.

linux-port.zip includes my changes to make it work on Linux, though I may be the only one that cares about this branch.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
I'm new to this game and having some problems, like all new players no doubt.

I've fabricated a claim on someone and crushed their armies. Then I sieged their holdings and killed everyone. But I still don't seem to have won. I don't get the option to enforce demands, and I don't see how I can take the title. My army is just sitting in their territory passing the time. What am I missing?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Did you actually take the land? does it have the cross bars meaning you've taken it? and you should be able to see whether the person is willing to accept peace in the diplomacy screen with them.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006

TaurusTorus posted:

Did you actually take the land? does it have the cross bars meaning you've taken it? and you should be able to see whether the person is willing to accept peace in the diplomacy screen with them.

Good point. No crossed bars. But I'm not sure what else there is to do to take it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Edison was a dick posted:

Ok, ed8db4f3f26958e1595500ae0d30ab076a13ba2f.zip is the last version before the map change.

483f04153c52e77f7bf6203ff97236fc9fbf58ba.zip is the latest I've tested, the commit immediately after it broke, but there's been 8 others.

master.zip will always be the most recent version, I expect to update this daily.

linux-port.zip includes my changes to make it work on Linux, though I may be the only one that cares about this branch.

:toot: You are amazing, my friend.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

OrthoTrot posted:

Good point. No crossed bars. But I'm not sure what else there is to do to take it.

You need to siege until its finished and siege all the holdings until you get to around 100 warscore

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Guuuuuys do you really have to siege the castle first? There's towns and churches right over there!"
"UUUURGH SMASH CASTLE"

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

OrthoTrot posted:

I've fabricated a claim on someone and crushed their armies. Then I sieged their holdings and killed everyone. But I still don't seem to have won. I don't get the option to enforce demands, and I don't see how I can take the title. My army is just sitting in their territory passing the time. What am I missing?

Each province has multiple holdings (which are like cities within the province). You probably just took the first one from each province, that's why you havent won. Click on a province and bellow the info box you can see each other holding its there.

Crossed bars means you have taken all the holdings, if you cant see it, it means there are still more holdings to siege.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006

Rumda posted:

You need to siege until its finished and siege all the holdings until you get to around 100 warscore

Yeah, I've sieged everywhere and got to 100. Still my army is just left standing around staring at the corpses going "well, this is awkward. .."

Edit: I'll double check but I'm 99% sure I've sieged everywhere.

OrthoTrot fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 30, 2014

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

OrthoTrot posted:

Do they have territory somewhere else that you haven't sieged? If you occupy all the contested territroy your warscore should slowly go up anyway.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

Do they have territory somewhere else that you haven't sieged? If you occupy all the contested territroy your warscore should slowly go up anyway.

Ah, that might be it - they keep calling in allies on other continents who don't actually come over so I can't fight them. My warscore is already 100 so I can't increase it by occupying the territory any further. But the only option I get for making peace is to surrender.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SynthOrange posted:

"Guuuuuys do you really have to siege the castle first? There's towns and churches right over there!"
"UUUURGH SMASH CASTLE"

Only a complete loving idiot leaves a manned fortification intact while he attacks softer targets. The real unrealism in CK2 is armies besieging cities and temples before taking all castles in the county.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

OrthoTrot posted:

Ah, that might be it - they keep calling in allies on other continents who don't actually come over so I can't fight them. My warscore is already 100 so I can't increase it by occupying the territory any further. But the only option I get for making peace is to surrender.

The only situation I can think of where you can't enforce demands at 100% warscore is when you are fighting as an ally in someone else's war. Otherwise it must be a bug.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

OrthoTrot posted:

Can you upload a screenshot of the war menu and the diplo menu when you try to make peace?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Pester posted:

The only situation I can think of where you can't enforce demands at 100% warscore is when you are fighting as an ally in someone else's war. Otherwise it must be a bug.

Check to see if the guy is at war with anyone else - if another combatant has taken any holdings in the disputed county you may not be able to enforce demands.

e; this happened to me when I was waging a holy war against Muslims while a vassal duke was waging the same holy war for the same land - he had taken part of the territory so when I sued for peace I didn't get the counties he had taken.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I really hate how stubborn the AI is in war. "I still have untouched armies and holdings!" Bitch, you got 500 men and a bishopric, pack it in.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I laugh every time I check Enforce Demands at 97% warscore and the No reason is "it's only a flesh wound".

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ofaloaf, how far south does the Postapoc America go?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

paranoid randroid posted:

I really hate how stubborn the AI is in war. "I still have untouched armies and holdings!" Bitch, you got 500 men and a bishopric, pack it in.

If you beat all of their armies, they'll usually give up before it reaches 100%. I think it's based on relative army strength, so just occupying their territory isn't as effective if he still has an army running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Captain Oblivious posted:

Hate to sound like a broken record but I gotta ask again: Is there some secret to getting the depose antipope CB to show up? The HRE has had one for like 300 years now and the game will not let me use that CB on him, it just isn't there no matter how often I check.

There seems to be a bug with this CB. The HRE had an anti-pope for over 300 years before the CB appeared for me, right after the HRE had a succession so try looking for it right after the emperor dies.

• Locked thread