Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Echo Chamber posted:

Here's my tribute to talking about Smash Bros:

"Final Smash: Argue Even More"

Also Alfonzo bigger than some of the actual newcomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Monicro posted:

"jerked into those sheets"

M2K being right next to is amazing.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Leadthumb posted:

This is going to be one of the best games ever made.

Better than Brawl, worse than Melee. That's my prediction. At least I hope so, because if it really is better than melee I'll actually have to buy a WiiU for one game.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Echo Chamber posted:

Waluigi being as big as it is is Correct. All is well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Echo Chamber posted:

haha
"that stupid scarf"

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Echo Chamber posted:

What's Elijah Wood doing there?

E: Haha She-Hulk is in there too.

E2: vv Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Davinci fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 30, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davinci posted:

What's Elijah Wood doing there?

Didn't you see the Mii Fighters reveal?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Megasabin posted:

Better than Brawl, worse than Melee. That's my prediction. At least I hope so, because if it really is better than melee I'll actually have to buy a WiiU for one game.

Melee's the worst Smash game, sorry you have bad opinions

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

majormonotone posted:

Not really.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Do the fan flash games count?
I mean I know they don't but those are the worst.

Except for the one that was done in a game boy style that was kinda cool.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

majormonotone posted:

No lie, Hyrule Temple is my favorite stage. Items on high. :kheldragar:

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

majormonotone posted:

I prefer Melee's speed and weight to Brawl, but Brawl does literally everything else better. :v:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

This makes me feel so happy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How rude

Fulla Lizards!
Sep 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

This makes me feel so happy.

Same. Galaga was literally the first game I ever played, seeing it in Smash Bros just feels so right. :3:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

majormonotone posted:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder what the sound track'll be like compared to Brawl's. Assumedly it'll be at least as varied, but has Sakurai said anything about it yet?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aside from the fact that the 3DS version will have a truncated soundtrack compared to the Wii U version, no, not really. We have no idea who's in charge of the soundtrack this time, be it Shogo Sakai from HAL or someone at Namco or whatever.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

In the Direct back in April, we got a glimpse of Skyloft's My Music page, and based on that it seems like a lot of Brawl tracks will return (multiple tracks that used to be on Bridge of Eldin can be seen). No word on what proportion of new music there will be, though.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All that matters is if the bike theme from Pokemon X&Y and the rave track music from Mario Kart 8 are in.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I noticed in the Prism Tower stage they were using the new orchestration of the X/Y trainer battle theme that was playing in Greninja's trailer, rather than just using the track from the game.

Also, Galaxian sprites (1979) are probably the oldest thing referenced in the game after Color TV-Game 15. Now the game just needs Hanafuda cards to go back another century.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pic of the day brought this to mind

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The Black and White Plasma theme was pretty good too.

Whatever Earthbound stage we (should) get, it'd be nice if Anthem of Destruction came back along with the Pork Army theme, and maybe Your Name Please.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 30, 2014

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Echo Chamber posted:

"i hate sakurai" and "i love sakurai" are the exact same size.

Butt Ghost posted:

Now I want to see a the game's opening paired up Evangelion's opening, with these words popping up.

You'd be amazed how often people fail to include those bits.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

So it turns out Mew2king puts on a very entertaining livestream.

(not pictured: that stupid scarf)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

F. Lobot posted:

So it turns out Mew2king puts on a very entertaining livestream.

(not pictured: that stupid scarf)

I asked Mew2king if he would trade his blankets for a new computer and he doubted my sincerity but finally he replied: "cum on, blankets 4 a new computer?".

edit

It seems like he misunderstood the offer.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

The part of Mew2king will be played by Senator Armstrong.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I wonder if we'd get more character reveal trailers in-game once we unlock any unlockable newcomers? I'd be pumped as hell if I randomly got a character trailer after a multiplayer match and then got dropped into the unlocking battle.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megasabin posted:

people who are still laughably attached to melee have probably made up their mind already that nothing will touch their sacred cow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

people who are still laughably attached to melee have probably made up their mind already that nothing will touch their sacred cow
I'm not super attached to melee I just think it's a better game than brawl. It's a lot snappier. That's better for both esports type people and casual gently caress around with your friends/relatives people.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Brawl has more playable characters, so its better.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Well unlike Brawl, Melee let you have more than 3 pokeballs out at a time. I think it's clear what the superior game is. :colbert:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't you see the Mii Fighters reveal?

oh god I just got it :aaa:

Elijah Wood Like to battle!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
The best part is I also get why he's a Swordfighter. ...cause he was Frodo Baggins :v:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I missed the trident chat earlier, but the hilarious thing about Ganondorf/Ganon actually having a background for the trident is that it comes from Four Swords Aventures, which is literally the only game that has a different Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time Ganondorf. There are like thirteen Links and four Zeldas, but only two Ganondorfs.

Basically, the trident backstory isn't true of any Ganon that matters.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bicyclops posted:

I missed the trident chat earlier, but the hilarious thing about Ganondorf/Ganon actually having a background for the trident is that it comes from Four Swords Aventures, which is literally the only game that has a different Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time Ganondorf. There are like thirteen Links and four Zeldas, but only two Ganondorfs.

There was a Ganondorf in Link to the Past, we just never saw him before he became a giant pig man :colbert:

e: also there's a lot of bullshit which basically means there's just the one Link Zelda and Ganondorf since it's the same souls being reincarnated every time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bicyclops posted:

Well, technically Demise could sort of be considered Ganondorf. I mean, at least as much as Skyward Sword link can be considered Link. And isn't the Ganon from Link to the Past different as well?

^^^Yeah pretty much that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Ganon has a Trident in Zelda 1. Also LttP. Also in the linked ending of OoA/OoS.

The first Ganon to not have a trident was the one in Ocarina, and I think that was the first time he was also Ganondorf.

e: I may have misunderstood your point.

• Locked thread