Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh hey, RiD was...actually quite good???

Addresses Jazz's gently caress up last time he was on Earth and why he stayed in Iacon when the Autobots left, features Cosmos on an inventive spying mission, Galvatron continues to be surprisingly entertaining, Soundwave's peace craving Communist shtick is revealed to be 100% genuine, Arcee shows she's totally clued up on what's going down, and Prowl is just as dodgy as we all think he is. Plus Prime's line about civilians was worthy of Bay Prime.

And I would totes buy a stealth paint Jazz with night-vision visor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I've still not quite warmed up to Robots in Disguise, but this issue makes it kind of interesting. Though it feels like the whole Robots in Disguise is about Prowl and his scheming.

Also, Kup is an rear end in a top hat.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
A ufo that takes blurry photographs. It's like rain on your wedding day.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Arsenal_12 posted:

I'm on the fence with Piston and Gauntlet. Anybody that has them want to weigh in with an opinion? Are they good figures?

I should be able to answer that this afternoon! Wooo!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I should be able to answer that this afternoon! Wooo!
Was just about to ask in the thread, sweet.

Let me know how they are, I don't think Hasbro is going to do Ironfist justice. Reviews look good but eh, you know, plastic et al.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Iced Cocoa posted:

I've still not quite warmed up to Robots in Disguise, but this issue makes it kind of interesting. Though it feels like the whole Robots in Disguise is about Prowl and his scheming.

Prowl is the best Transformer, and the fact that he was my first transforming robot toy as a small child has nothing to do with it okay?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

5% off looooooooooool.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Ka0 posted:

5% off looooooooooool.

$30 is nothing to sneeze at!

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
I received my non-attending boxed BotCon set yesterday. It's my first purchase of something like this outside of getting the Club Membership figure and subbing to the Club subscription service. I was leery about dropping $400 but I really wanted Devcon and Scorponok. Fun Pub did a really nice job on the packaging. Box came perfect and was packaged very well. Unfortunately every figure in the box is riddled with loose joints and/or minor QC things. Most of it, isn't a big deal and can be tightened with some TLC, but for the money was disappointing.

I'll doubt I'll do it again but for any other soul that's ever been on the fence of should I / shouldn't I order, this was my experience.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Iced Cocoa posted:

Sorry, that's hilarious. I need to get back into the comics now Dark Cybertron is over.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

BH Skylynx is cool, suckers :colbert:

Arsenal_12 posted:

Road Buster and Sky Bite just hit my POL.

Is this on BBTS? I still see them on "preorder", hopefully mine hit soon too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just waiting on Talon so I can ship my BBTS stuff. It'll be nice to finally put an arm on Feral Rex!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

BH Skylynx is cool, suckers :colbert:

Is this on BBTS? I still see them on "preorder", hopefully mine hit soon too.

Roadbuster just hit mine yesterday, about five minutes after I decided that my pile was big enough. Oh well.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Apparently they (or at least Sky Byte) have been sighted in retail on the US too, so you guys can start looking for them.

Hey Cookie Rocket, Peaugh just reviewed an add-on kit new head for Citizen Stacks that looks pretty nifty, you might be interested.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

Hey Cookie Rocket, Peaugh just reviewed an add-on kit new head for Citizen Stacks that looks pretty nifty, you might be interested.

Interested but reluctant to spend more on having a good UM. Thanks though I will check it out!

Speaking of which I installed the replacement Stack parts that BBTS sent me (stand up guys, for sure), anddddd yeah. Lots of effort for a very tiny amount of upgrade. Oh well, at least it was free.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cosmos really hates people just using him for his alt-mode. That kind of poo poo was part of what started the war.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Roadbuster just hit mine yesterday, about five minutes after I decided that my pile was big enough. Oh well.

Whew, thanks for the warning. I had them on preorder too but I've been spending a chunk of cash helping a friend move and getting charged for that now would be a biiiit much. I'll just have to see about gettimg them later. :eng99:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wonder if the deluxe wave with Windblade is going in stock soon too? I know I'd probably save on shipping if I wait and order everything at once but having to deal with customs too is a gamble... if they catch everything I'll have to pay a huge tax while smaller packages tend to slip by.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zaa Boogie posted:

Whew, thanks for the warning. I had them on preorder too but I've been spending a chunk of cash helping a friend move and getting charged for that now would be a biiiit much. I'll just have to see about gettimg them later. :eng99:

I've yet to see a voyager that's been generally hard to get.

I thought Whirl, Rhinox and Double Dealer would be the ones who would be that, but I've found plentiful quantities everywhere.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

Cosmos really hates people just using him for his alt-mode. That kind of poo poo was part of what started the war.

I know he's supposed to be a lonely dude anyway, but yeah, it ties in nicely to that particular theme of IDW's. Don't be functionist, Optimus Prime.

I put Crosscut, Windblade, Shiny Parts Jetfire and Rattrap on my pre-order list a couple days ago. We get a lot of stuff in Canada that seems to get under-ordered in the States, so I don't doubt I'll see them all on shelves eventually, but I guess I like the certainty? And if anyone shows on shelves here first, I can always cut them out of the order.

Wonder if there's anything in my storage that I can raid to give Crosscut a shovel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a pretty wide berth between "you are a space ship so you HAVE to do space ship things and ONLY space ship things" and "you're the only one on this mission capable of performing this particular duty because no one else can take videos from 5 billion km away."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm going to be in the US 4 weeks from today, and when I see that stuff is getting released now, I get this tiny anxious knot in me that I won't see them on shelves by the time I get there. :ohdear:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

There's a pretty wide berth between "you are a space ship so you HAVE to do space ship things and ONLY space ship things" and "you're the only one on this mission capable of performing this particular duty because no one else can take videos from 5 billion km away."

It is pretty goddamn impressive that he's holding a geostationary orbit at 5 LH out, though. Not for acceleration, like he says - centripetal acceleration to hold this position in a circular path is roughly 3000 gravities, which Wikipedia states is about the acceleration a baseball feels at the moment the bat hits it. High but not impossible. It's because his orbital speed is about 3.94*10^8 m/s, or 1.31 times the speed of light.

Little dude's got some motor in him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

To give some sense of distance, Pluto is 5.5 light hours from the Sun. Lil dude is basically orbiting Earth from virtually the edge of the solar system.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

To give some sense of distance, Pluto is 5.5 light hours from the Sun. Lil dude is basically orbiting Earth from virtually the edge of the solar system.

So, how long until someone does the math to figure out how fast he's traveling?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've yet to see a voyager that's been generally hard to get.

I thought Whirl, Rhinox and Double Dealer would be the ones who would be that, but I've found plentiful quantities everywhere.

I still haven't seen any of the AOE voyagers except Prime and Grimlock. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

404GoonNotFound posted:

So, how long until someone does the math to figure out how fast he's traveling?

The post just before the one you quoted, unless you've got me on ignore.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Magic posted:

I still haven't seen any of the AOE voyagers except Prime and Grimlock. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

I forgot those existed because I'm not collecting movie stuff since it's bound to windup in Classics Generations at some point in time. All I mostly see for movie stuff are those large plastic non-transforming things that are 2 feet tall, the quickchangers, and the build a figure action master guys and the kreo/contructabots.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't cheat Taint Reaper, you said you had to buy it if it says generations and those clearly have generations written in the box.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Don't cheat Taint Reaper, you said you had to buy it if it says generations and those clearly have generations written in the box.

They say Generations:M4 and have a different numbering system. :colbert:

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Cute!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Taint Reaper posted:

They say Generations:M4 and have a different numbering system. :colbert:

So what's it like having crippling autism?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

So what's it like having crippling autism?

I'll say it's tough not buying them all?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

They're combiners to boot. So that's what, 5 different Dinobots?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They're combiners to boot. So that's what, 5 different Dinobots?

Yeah! Grimlock, Snarl, Swoop, Sludge, and Sl@g. Of course there are 5 Dinobots :jerkbag:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nobody respects Paddles.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
And why should we?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
In theory the new Fansproject one is Slapper who is an Ankylosaurus. That's way cooler than Paddles. He's not even a dinosaur! Besides, shouldn't he be called Splash or something? I would also be cool with Scorn or Slash as raptors and spinosaurus are cool.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Why bother with someone like Paddles when you could rep the Dino Papacy and behold the greatness of Grimstone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Classics Generations

lol taint reaper you are fuckin weird