Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I still maintain that this cruise isn't what it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

Opposing Farce posted:

I still maintain that this cruise isn't what it seems.

Because absolutely nothing in this comic is what it seems.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Tenebrais posted:

Frankly it sounds to me like a bunch of people I knew in seconadry school that tried to come across as quirky and eccentric.

Considering that they are in secondary school...

Is that Paz's silhouette in the bottom-left of panel 5, or just some other person with a chin-length bowlish hairdo?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Jack's proportions seem a bit odd today. Like, if his chest is that far away from the top of his head, it seems like his feet should be a foot or two underground.

Well, that and he seems to have grown "older" in the sense of looking late-twenties, rather than older in the sense that Parley and Smitty are older. I guess it's just art-style growing pains?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hremsfeld posted:

Is that Paz's silhouette in the bottom-left of panel 5, or just some other person with a chin-length bowlish hairdo?
I'd assume if Paz was nearby then Kat would be making more of an effort to catch up.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I guess it's just art-style growing pains?

More like literal growing pains. Some guys really do spontaneously age by five years or so some time around adolescence, and then stay there for the next ten years.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
Dammit Tom stop making fun of me :saddowns:

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

More like literal growing pains. Some guys really do spontaneously age by five years or so some time around adolescence, and then stay there for the next ten years.

It's true. 14-15 year old boys can look like kids or adults, really depends on their features/stage of development. I had one friend who looked about 11-12 when we were 15, and a different one, the same age, who looked 25.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Has Jack given up being traced by the court then? Based on what Bub said at his last appearance it seemed like they were trying to keep tabs on him.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Tenebrais posted:

I'd assume if Paz was nearby then Kat would be making more of an effort to catch up.

Paz was in the Patreon outfit sketch for this chapter, so I'm pretty sure she'll turn up at some point.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

Paz was in the Patreon outfit sketch for this chapter, so I'm pretty sure she'll turn up at some point.

I certainly hope she's in this chapter! I just don't think she's in Kat's immediate vicinity right now.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well given Jack's there, the fact that one of their classmates would be there is a given.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
No I think jack is going to be the only familiar face on this cruise for sure.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Jack's getting a ride on Zimmy's yacht.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well... I guess Jack has a type.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Ahoy!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is that Paz? That kind of looks like her haircut.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

No, it's another, completely unrelated dark-skinned girl who happens to be hanging out with Kat. I just realized you're probably making An Joke.

Lookin' a little anime there, Paz.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lookin' good, Paz!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Are they going to have a Pokemon battle now.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SHISHKABOB posted:

Are they going to have a Pokemon battle now.

They need to check trash cans for Great Balls.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Fucknag posted:

They need to check trash cans for Great Balls.

It's probably a good idea to go to the bridge unannounced to see if the captain is sick.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I think this is gonna be the first time we'll see Annie actually interacting much with Paz, especially post-romance. Time for a pre-emptive :ohdear:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
No karaoke? Annie you are the worst

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I bet Annie is amazingly seasick right now.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Perestroika posted:

I think this is gonna be the first time we'll see Annie actually interacting much with Paz, especially post-romance. Time for a pre-emptive :ohdear:

Annie already had a character developing moment over Kat and Paz. She'll be fine on this cruise.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This page confirms that yes, Zimmy looks good if you give her a pretty dress and do up her hair.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fucknag posted:

No, it's another, completely unrelated dark-skinned girl who happens to be hanging out with Kat. I just realized you're probably making An Joke.

Lookin' a little anime there, Paz.

Lookin' a lot anime there, Paz.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's not Paz you massive loving goons :argh:

Also that's not Kat on the last panel, it's clearly Gabe from Penny Arcade.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
obvious wish fulfillment by the author, he's planning on taking the patreon money and going on a cruise.

i'm not sure what it is, but the center panel just looks a bit weird to me.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Blackheart posted:

Also that's not Kat on the last panel, it's clearly Gabe from Penny Arcade.

No no no, Kat is from Penny Arcade, she's just guest-starring here while Annie's best friend Gabe guest-stars in PA.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

amishjosh posted:

i'm not sure what it is, but the center panel just looks a bit weird to me.

It looks weird because the sky behind them is actually a giant 50km wide dome the court just happens to have lying around enclosing a tropical ocean.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The ship is shaped just oddly enough that you're like "the right end is the front... right?" But are a little hesitant cause the left side might be it too but no way.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

To be fair all modern cruise ships are terribly shaped.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

MikeJF posted:

It looks weird because the sky behind them is actually a giant 50km wide dome the court just happens to have lying around enclosing a tropical ocean.

gunnerkrigg is the truman show, got it.

does that make tea-san ed harris?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
It only just occurred to me now that a ship on the ocean is probably one of the worst places for a fire elemental to be if poo poo goes down.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
yeah cause it's not like she's ever gone swimming before

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SHISHKABOB posted:

yeah cause it's not like she's ever gone swimming before

And she never bathes or showers

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dienes posted:

It only just occurred to me now that a ship on the ocean is probably one of the worst places for a fire elemental to be if poo poo goes down.

Do you think it's going to put her out? :cheeky:

I'd be more concerned about Zimmy (the actual Zimmy) somehow being on board. Psychic freakout + open sea + Lindsey probably = ????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Rita Repulsa posted:

And she never bathes or showers

She smells like the forest!