Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terper posted:

You know, if we get a bounty boost after this, I really hope Usopp gets second place. I can almost see his face in front of me right now and it's hilarious.

So does Usopp get both Sogeking and God as monikers on his next wanted poster?

Holy hell, my phone auto corrected Usopp to Idiopathic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Gyges posted:

Two separate wanted posters.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gyges posted:

Why would Usopp get Sogeking's bounty? Sogeking just went back to sniper island.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Why would Usopp get Sogeking's bounty? Sogeking just went back to sniper island.

Because for some weird reason the Marines mistakenly think they are the same person:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Petiso posted:

Because for some weird reason the Marines mistakenly think they are the same person:

Oh my god! :aaaaa:

The Marines are clearly even more incompetent than I thought.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So has anyone played unlimited world red? I'm thinking about getting it but I really know nothing about it. Is the 3ds version really that different from the ps3?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Every time someone asks about UW:R I will just point them to this video~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7i7Nfw-cIo&hd=1

Also, that group that's been coloring chapters of One Piece has been plugging away at a pretty steady rate, and have finished a full third of all the chapters, which is impressive!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, that group that's been coloring chapters of One Piece has been plugging away at a pretty steady rate, and have finished a full third of all the chapters, which is impressive!
That's great. I love how they joke about games' half-assed explanations for not going into water when Luffy actually has a good excuse.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

They don't color them, there's an official color edition that's only available digitally in japanese. They're just pasting the english text over that.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Currently watching this but is there a huge reason I should play this on the PS3 as opposed to the 3ds?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Philosopher King posted:

Currently watching this but is there a huge reason I should play this on the PS3 as opposed to the 3ds?

The 3ds version is cheaper. Also camera controls might be an issue due to the lack of right thumbstick (though the 3ds version uses a virtual dpad on the touchscreen ala Monster Hunter).

Otherwise both versions of the game are completely identical in terms of content.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Petiso posted:

They don't color them, there's an official color edition that's only available digitally in japanese. They're just pasting the english text over that.

Then that means that the Whitebeard and Ace grave adornments are canonically stone instead of fans doing it wrong? lol

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Then that means that the Whitebeard and Ace grave adornments are canonically stone instead of fans doing it wrong? lol

To be honest that makes sense since if a storm blows through the area, it's just going to fly away. These are practical people!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Petiso posted:

Hmm, I remember seeing the colour version of chapter 714 on Viz's site way back when, but I haven't seen a colour chapter from them since. (not that I've checked as often as I'd like to, reading three different translations of the same chapter can sometimes be a bit much)

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not like Oda colored them and I don't think he has the time to supervise that so feel free to think it's a mistake, I still do, it's too stupid.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hmm, I remember seeing the colour version of chapter 714 on Viz's site way back when, but I haven't seen a colour chapter from them since. (not that I've checked as often as I'd like to, reading three different translations of the same chapter can sometimes be a bit much)

That's because 714 was a special case that got simultaneously relesed in color to promote the digital color edition, which is done per volume and always some volumes behind so it doesn't hurt megazine/tankobon sales I guess.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
These color editions always mess with my head.

Do they seem unnatural to anyone else?

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

They aren't stone in the anime version, at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Soldier is cool. Can he be the next Strawhat?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh man, you have no idea.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

Does he get a Franky Creation® peg leg, an Usopp Original™ peg leg, Dr. Chopper's Medicaid Special prosthetic, or does he just hop around?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gyges posted:

Does he get a Franky Creation® peg leg, an Usopp Original™ peg leg, Dr. Chopper's Medicaid Special prosthetic, or does he just hop around?

Oh he loving hops.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Are you kidding me? Between his little wheels and JET WALK he gets around better than most.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

He'll get a peg leg but he'll hop anyway.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Pogo leg.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Gyges posted:

Bellamy's fruit.

madh
Dec 14, 2013
http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/755
http://mangajoy.com/One-Piece/755/1/

Very interesting chapter.

madh fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 30, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This arc is pretty much Franky's Manly Adventures arc and I love it. Franky and Senor Pink are so loving amazing, and it's really nice to see Franky in the spotlight.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"A manly fight is about to begin!!!"
Diaper bombs and nipple lasers.

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I've been waiting for months for this fight :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My God. They're both so hardboiled. :swoon:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
This battle of manliness just got amazing.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Franky vs Senor Pink and Kanjuro's ladders completely stole this chapter, I don't know why but I just cant stand the Dwarves/Rebecca stuff.

Nipple Lazer vs Diaper Bomb :swoon:

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

That chapter was hilarious and exactly why I keep reading One Piece. And everything was so manly!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So this new Lucy is supposed to be Sabo, right?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

So this new Lucy is supposed to be Sabo, right?

just keep reading

this chapter was real good btw!! so hardboiled.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Senior Pink might be one of my favorite villians from One Piece in a loonnnggg loving time. Maybe since Gedatsu?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Franky continues to be the best Straw Hat. Seriously glad he's gotten so much screen time from his Baby 5/Buffalo smackdown on Punk Hazard to now.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Millions posted:

Franky continues to be the best Straw Hat. Seriously glad he's gotten so much screen time from his Baby 5/Buffalo smackdown on Punk Hazard to now.

yeah i used to feel franky was like sort of kind of good bu this arc sent him up to the top. i somehow hate his current visual design and giant robots and he managed to become my favorite despite that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Usopp Face

Sugar Face

KYROS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That was the best One Piece chapter in a while. So hardboiled.

• Locked thread