Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Just got my Rhino out of the cooker last night and Iron Skin is already saved the bacon against Vor in all 4 missions I did farming him last night. Are the Arcane Vanguard helms still a thing and available on the market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can they just let active frame weapons and sentinels equip the same mod? There's literally no reason not to besides :de:.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Vendictus Prime posted:

Just got my Rhino out of the cooker last night and Iron Skin is already saved the bacon against Vor in all 4 missions I did farming him last night. Are the Arcane Vanguard helms still a thing and available on the market?

They removed the stat mods from all that type of helm.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Baram posted:

They removed the stat mods from all that type of helm.

Clarification: They removed stat mods from all the new helms. If you got a statted helm beforehand, you got to keep the statted version.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Piell posted:

Clarification: They removed stat mods from all the new helms. If you got a statted helm beforehand, you got to keep the statted version.

And they are tradeable, so check the trade channel on occasion to see if anyone is selling. That's one of the good ones, so expect to pay a decent amount for it.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
My friend and I both played this game about a year ago, during beta. We started up again and did the prologue. He got to keep his prologue Warframe and weapons, and I didn't. When I got out of the first prologue mission, I was back in my Excalibur from beta with my Mk-1 Braton and my Lato. He was still in his prologue Volt with his bow. Did I miss anything?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Thanks for all the help on PS4 side last night. Almost got an entire Valkyr and Nova frame in the bag, though I really need a better primary weapon more than I need another Warframe it was just fun to tag along. Need to grind out a few more things for the Carrier and the clan key. Got more mods than I can even use for most things, and nearly maxed out all my weapon XP, including maxed the sword entirely since I didn't have any alternate.

Didn't notice anything in the OP about Extractors, seems like they are a good way to get some free resources on the side?

I take that back, there's one sentence about it buried in a FAQ question with no real explanation :smith:

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 30, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scags posted:

My friend and I both played this game about a year ago, during beta. We started up again and did the prologue. He got to keep his prologue Warframe and weapons, and I didn't. When I got out of the first prologue mission, I was back in my Excalibur from beta with my Mk-1 Braton and my Lato. He was still in his prologue Volt with his bow. Did I miss anything?

The same thing happened to me. I was really digging trying out the paris and mag and throwing knives during the new prologue and then when I completed I was back in my boring Excalibur and Barton and stuff from trying the game out forever ago. Kind of a cold splash of water to the face. Then I look and see you can't even buy the mk-1 weapons from the tutorial and instead have to grind out the blueprints which is another bummer.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Scags posted:

There was something in the patch notes that supposedly addressed this. I guess not! :de:

Actually, I think that only applied to brand-new accounts, not running the prologue from an existing account.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

CrashCat posted:

Didn't notice anything in the OP about Extractors, seems like they are a good way to get some free resources on the side?

I take that back, there's one sentence about it buried in a FAQ question with no real explanation :smith:
I'm not going to go into minute detail about every aspect of the game (that's what the wiki is for), the OP and FAQ are mostly just meant to get people on their feet.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Berke Negri posted:

The same thing happened to me. I was really digging trying out the paris and mag and throwing knives during the new prologue and then when I completed I was back in my boring Excalibur and Barton and stuff from trying the game out forever ago. Kind of a cold splash of water to the face. Then I look and see you can't even buy the mk-1 weapons from the tutorial and instead have to grind out the blueprints which is another bummer.
I think that if you were forced into the prologue because you were mastery rank 0, you got to keep the prologue gear.

Also they've said they plan to add the new Mk1 stuff to the market at some point, it's just not there yet (probably because they've been focusing on bugfixes).

Edit: whoops, double post.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Update on my free plat incase anyone else got some and wondered where it came from, apparently it was a refund for any boosters you had running during the server issues, pretty nice to get a full refund even though it was only really a problem for a few hours.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Helter Skelter posted:

I think that if you were forced into the prologue because you were mastery rank 0, you got to keep the prologue gear.

Also they've said they plan to add the new Mk1 stuff to the market at some point, it's just not there yet (probably because they've been focusing on bugfixes).

Edit: whoops, double post.
I think I'm rank 1, nearing close to 2, so I guess that would explain that. I've thought of just starting a new account or something as I always found 'traditional' starting gear game play to be incredibly boring and was part of why I quit last time. Or if I'm near rank 2 is it not worth starting from scratch? I just have no time line to expect of when I will actually be able to use something other than an assault rifle and crappy pistol.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Helter Skelter posted:

My friend, who used the same account last year when we played, got to keep his Warframe, so this doesn't explain it.

Edit- Unless I somehow ranked up to 1 and he didn't. Seems possible but unlikely, since we only played together. Maybe I got an achievement that gave a chunk of XP and he didn't.

Scags fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 30, 2014

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Thanks for all the help on PS4 side last night. Almost got an entire Valkyr and Nova frame in the bag, though I really need a better primary weapon more than I need another Warframe it was just fun to tag along. Need to grind out a few more things for the Carrier and the clan key. Got more mods than I can even use for most things, and nearly maxed out all my weapon XP, including maxed the sword entirely since I didn't have any alternate.

Since you maxed your Skana, consider farming Vor for the Cronus blueprint and work towards building that. It's a straight upgrade of the Skana for all practical purposes.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008

Scags posted:

My friend, who used the same account last year when we played, got to keep his Warframe, so this doesn't explain it.

Edit- Unless I somehow ranked up to 1 and he didn't. Seems possible but unlikely, since we only played together. Maybe I got an achievement that gave a chunk of XP and he didn't.

You don't really rank up 'accidentally' you have to take a mastery test, so I think it's something else.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Scags posted:

This sounds like you're mistaking the frame levels for mastery test levels.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm not going to go into minute detail about every aspect of the game (that's what the wiki is for), the OP and FAQ are mostly just meant to get people on their feet.
Okay, I get you there, but to me anything that gives you free resources easily is pretty important. I literally read over the whole thing and didn't understand that was even a separate thing that I ought to read up on until I got to page 6 or 7 of the thread (yeah, I'm reading through for other hints) and someone else was talking about them. A line of text with some attention on it that gets the point across "this gets you free poo poo and here's a link, consider making one" would probably have gone a long way towards my understanding.

I'm also seeing the same questions about early weapons coming up as I scan through the thread, if someone put together a guide or if you found one to link to it might be helpful. The wiki does have all of the information and great advice about each weapon individually, but it's overwhelming as gently caress. I get it that you have a lot of freedom to dabble and experiment (limited by slots and farming) though.

These comments are not to poo poo on your very detailed OP (which most importantly, kept me from wasting money) but just what I ran into in case you feel like tweaking it later. It's absolutely appreciated.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
What are the best all around weapons out there right now? I don't mean for specific type battles like one for Corpus or this one for Infested defense or boss battles. I've got too much poo poo floating around and I want to cull the herd, and also want some efficiency.

For example I have a fully ranked out Paris and the other day I got the bow from the tenno bounty hunter. Any reason to level that one up other than "bragging rights" or can I squeeze out more damage in the long run?

Dual Heat swords still acceptable? Or go with Gram?

I think I'm running some slow shot secondary that reminds me of a revolver with its capacity and slower shooting, but it does a decent damage.

Wish I could get on and list out what I have

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

hagie posted:

What are the best all around weapons out there right now? I don't mean for specific type battles like one for Corpus or this one for Infested defense or boss battles. I've got too much poo poo floating around and I want to cull the herd, and also want some efficiency.

For example I have a fully ranked out Paris and the other day I got the bow from the tenno bounty hunter. Any reason to level that one up other than "bragging rights" or can I squeeze out more damage in the long run?

Dual Heat swords still acceptable? Or go with Gram?

I think I'm running some slow shot secondary that reminds me of a revolver with its capacity and slower shooting, but it does a decent damage.

Wish I could get on and list out what I have

For the absolute top tier stuff you want the Boltor Prime, Ogris, Penta, Angstrum, Brakk, Dual Ichors, Dragon Nikana, and maybe the Dakra Prime (with Crimson Dervish and Excalubur's Radial Blind).

The bow you're talking about, the Dread, is one of the better weapons in the game, and a personal favorite. Not as good as the stuff I've listed, but much better than the basic Paris. It can reach 125% crit chance with the right mods and do red colored super crits, and with the rare Thunderbolt mod it turns into Schrodinger's Rocket Launcher. It's definitely worth leveling.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Vendictus Prime posted:

Yes, they're still a thing, but you have to get them from other players. If you're willing to be patient and pricecheck every WTS offer, you can get one for 50p or less. If you're not patient, they go for 75-150.

Neo_Crimson posted:

For the absolute top tier stuff you want the Boltor Prime, Ogris, Penta, Angstrum, Brakk, Dual Ichors, Dragon Nikana, and maybe the Dakra Prime (with Crimson Dervish and Excalubur's Radial Blind).

Some other high-end weapons are Amprex, Soma, Lex Prime, Marelok, and Dual Zorens.

Dread is up there, like NeoCrimson said. The Thunderbolt mod takes a ton of mod points and doesn't contribute much damage, is but is really amusing so that makes up for it. Dual Heat Swords are also pretty good. All of the various revolver pistols (Akvasto, Akmagnus, Akvasto) are pretty good until you get Brakk/Marelok/LexP.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Neo_Crimson posted:

It can reach 125% crit chance with the right mods

125% with a maxed Point Strike, 149% with Point Strike and Critical Delay.

Critical Delay is never worth slotting, however, because it decreases fire rate and that is always worse than the crit increase. Hollow Point is similarly loving worthless.

edit: It's because +firerate linearly increase the shots per second and -firerate linearly decreases the shots per second. This means as you go down in fire rate the DPS change accelerates, and as you go up the DPS change decelerates.

edit2: Vile Precision is the worst mod in the game.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 30, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Five months in, and I still keep forgetting how wide the Goonswarm's collective knowledgebase is.

So. I've got two friends who are Warframe now, one is brand new, the other is refamiliarizing himself after playing a little bit back in beta. I, on the other hand, have been playing more or less continually, so there's a bit of a level and skill difference there.

I babysat them a bit using my Vauban last night, but really, I don't want to keep doing that, because it's not very fun when you just throw a wet blanket over everything with Bastille on low-level content.

So, question is, frame can I quickly farm up to support these two without turning into the worst parody of a helicopter parent and ruining their fun? I have, at present, a Loki, a Vauban, and a Nyx. Had a Rhino, had an Oberon.

I'm guessing the answer is gonna be Trinity, but I thought I'd get a second opinion.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 30, 2014

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Trying to get the beacons for a shot at building Hydroid is makin' me angry!!! Why does no one play on Ceres? :(

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Had to open a ticket because I can't get the arsenal to open up. I wish I hadn't played the prologue now. :smith:

e: This is what I get for coming back

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Is it possible to hitch a ride in recruiting? People usually grab randoms for Vay Hek runs, or at least they did when he first came out.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Five months in, and I still keep forgetting how wide the Goonswarm's collective knowledgebase is.

So. I've got two friends who are Warframe now, one is brand new, the other is refamiliarizing himself after playing a little bit back in beta. I, on the other hand, have been playing more or less continually, so there's a bit of a level and skill difference there.

I babysat them a bit using my Vauban last night, but really, I don't want to keep doing that, because it's not very fun when you just throw a wet blanket over everything with Bastille on low-level content.

So, question is, frame can I quickly farm up to support these two without turning into the worst parody of a helicopter parent and ruining their fun? I have, at present, a Loki, a Vauban, and a Nyx. Had a Rhino, had an Oberon.

I'm guessing the answer is gonna be Trinity, but I thought I'd get a second opinion.

You can get Mag from Nef Anyo on War, Mars. Or you could try Frost- actually just ask in clanchat for Frost Prime parts, everyone has them and it's less annoying than having to farm the base frame from Lech Kril. You can bubble all day with Frost and not take the fun away from your buddies.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Also, you could probably get Mag Prime parts from goons for free/cheap if you want to skip the vanilla frame for now and be super shiny, but Mag has enough utility that it's worth getting the 12K mastery from both of her iterations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

I'm also seeing the same questions about early weapons coming up as I scan through the thread, if someone put together a guide or if you found one to link to it might be helpful. The wiki does have all of the information and great advice about each weapon individually, but it's overwhelming as gently caress. I get it that you have a lot of freedom to dabble and experiment (limited by slots and farming) though.
Finally hit on the right google search words and turned up this nice little guide: http://metadragon.de/warframe-weapons-guide/

It's even tabbed out by rank so I can read the advice based on how many tests I've beaten.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

125% with a maxed Point Strike, 149% with Point Strike and Critical Delay.

Critical Delay is never worth slotting, however, because it decreases fire rate and that is always worse than the crit increase. Hollow Point is similarly loving worthless.

edit: It's because +firerate linearly increase the shots per second and -firerate linearly decreases the shots per second. This means as you go down in fire rate the DPS change accelerates, and as you go up the DPS change decelerates.

edit2: Vile Precision is the worst mod in the game.

Does this go for the amprex as well? I always thought it was more fun to see bigger, redder numbers than worry about raw DPS when everything dies in half a second anyway.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Denzine posted:

You can get Mag from Nef Anyo on War, Mars. Or you could try Frost- actually just ask in clanchat for Frost Prime parts, everyone has them and it's less annoying than having to farm the base frame from Lech Kril. You can bubble all day with Frost and not take the fun away from your buddies.

Frost Prime is gonna have to wait until the next batch of clan invites so I can get in, but yeah, I think Frost/Frost Prime are gonna be the way to go. (I am kind against Mag because the new one picked it for their starter frame.)

Thanks.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Game keeps crashing to desktop. I guess they don't want me helping the Grineer with this invasion.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DelphiAegis posted:

Does this go for the amprex as well? I always thought it was more fun to see bigger, redder numbers than worry about raw DPS when everything dies in half a second anyway.

Edit: whoops, didn't see Denzine's edits in your quote. I'll leave the response for the experts.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

With all this weapon talk any suggestions for elements to use in tower missions?

I've got an Amprex I'm building to be a fun crit machine. Lately I've been throwing a malignant force on it to deal with heavies and bots better. Thoughts? Should I be going a different direction instead?

Also, Ogris. Any suggestions here for builds would be nice as well.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

CrashCat posted:

Finally hit on the right google search words and turned up this nice little guide: http://metadragon.de/warframe-weapons-guide/

It's even tabbed out by rank so I can read the advice based on how many tests I've beaten.

It's out of date though, I don't think anybody recomends the Acrid anymore.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It's really out of date, it's still talking about charged attacks and I think pre damage 2.0 systems

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Nah, it's post 2.0 because it's got the current elements in it, but it's pre nerfing a lot of guns.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
1000 hours, how is that even possible. That's about 11% of a whole year. I call bullshit

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Male Man's Exhaustive Guide on Choosing Weapons and Frames:

1) If it looks fun, use it.
2) If it doesn't look fun, don't use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Male Man posted:

Male Man's Exhaustive Guide on Choosing Weapons and Frames:

1) If it looks fun, use it.
2) If it doesn't look fun, don't use it.

I can confirm this method works