Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Waffleman_ posted:

Usopp Face

Sugar Face

KYROS

Hahah that section was loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i really hope franky's fight ends with him suplexing senor pink into the factory, causing it to crumble beneath them

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

i really hope franky's fight ends with him suplexing senor pink into the factory, causing it to crumble beneath them
They will take turns punching each other until Franky lands the final blow. Senor Pink still manages to stay up, raises his hand... thumbs up. Franky does the same. They flash a grin at each other. Senor Pink collapses. End scene.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my God Usopp.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
With the cover arc, can only think of one fishman who does things with a don (well two but he's most likely dead :()

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That was the best chapter, oh my god. Frankly and Seņor Pink are unstoppable beacons of manliness and I wish they'd gotten the whole chapter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

THERE. I DID IT. I'M CAUGHT UP.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Waffleman_ posted:

Final thoughts? Highs and lows? How does it feel to be fully caught up!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I gotta go to work soon, so I'll post my thoughts about it later tonight.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Franky :allears:

This chapter was amazing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I bet the dwarf princess has the thread fruit power to complement Leo's sewing power, and Doflamingo just uses her somehow

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welcome.
You are now nakama.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

Congratz. Your reward is now waiting 20+ years for this series to end, at the rate of one chapter per week skipping every fourth week.

Mugs are in the gift shop to the right.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Waffleman_ posted:

I caught up at the start of Impel Down after reading it on and off for 7 years. You'll get used to the weekly wait.

Eventually. :emo:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At least it's not a monthly wait like with Jojo.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Waffleman_ posted:

Sadly, some months you get the same amount of pages from both.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"A manly fight is about to begin!!!"
Diaper bombs and nipple lasers.

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I legit went to find out who is voicing Senor Pink after reading this chapter.

Only to find he's not been cast yet. :negative:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah but Oda has health problems so at times there are week/month long breaks. That usually cues people posting pictures of manga authors schedule and argue about how he isn't dead yet.

Glad you are caught up! :hfive:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
As far as I'm concerned I'm fine with Oda taking as many breaks as he likes, so long as he doesn't turn into Togashi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alright, here are some thoughts about One Piece. I'm going to start with some favorites.

Favorite arcs: Alabasta, Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Impel Down, Marineford, Punk Hazard
Least favorite arcs: Long Ring Long Land, Fishman Island
Favorite Strawhats: Sanji, Brook, Franky
Favorite villains: Crocodile, CP9, Perona, Caesar Clown, Monet, Doflamingo
Favorite allies: Vivi, Iceburg, Tyrannosaurus, Paulie, Ivankov, Law, Soldier/Kyros
Favorite moments: The Strawhats showing their Xes to Vivi, Enelface, Robin's flashback, Franky making columnchuks, Luffy pushing a zombie into the ground, Peronaface, Luffy and co. dropping in on the Summit War, Lucyface, Usoppface, Sugarface

God, One Piece rocks. Like I've said before, One Piece was the one of the big 3 that interested me the least as a teenager, but now it's the only one I can even stand looking at anymore. I like how the powers are so unique and creatively used and that there are no real quantified power levels with little power creep setting in. Every single one of the Strawhats is pretty fuckin' cool and they're all totally guys I would go on an adventure with. Even though Sanji is my favorite, Brook is the most relatable, because if I was a skeleton, all I would do is crack puns as well. Yohoho.

If I had done nothing but read, I probably could have easily knocked out the entire series in like a month or two, but it ended up taking me almost a year. And I think taking things slow like that makes it better. It's more of an adventure that way.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
You forgot Bellamy's beatdown and Afro Luffy on that list of favorite moments :colbert:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nothing... nothing at all...

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

...It's heavy...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

We'll ring the bell, waiting for you!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The "Man's fight" is about to begin...!

DIAPER BOMB!

NIPPLE LIGHT SPECIAL!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Alright, here are some thoughts about One Piece. I'm going to start with some favorites.

Heh, nice, glad you posted these.

I'm gonna miss your random reactions to old stuff in a thread full of current spoilers.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Waffleman_ posted:

Luffy pushing a zombie into the ground

That may be my favourite joke ever. Not just in One Piece.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

Asuron posted:

You forgot Bellamy's beatdown and Afro Luffy on that list of favorite moments :colbert:

He also forgot Sogeking shooting down the WG's flag.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Punc posted:

He also forgot Sogeking shooting down the WG's flag.
And Sogeking sniping Marines from the top of the tower

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Perigryn posted:

And Sogeking sniping Marines from the top of the tower
And the Going Merry funeral

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Hey now, it wasn't a list of great moments, it was a list of favorite moments- a much more personal list. A list of great moments would be very long.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I forgot a lot of moments. Can't believe I forgot Merry.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Franky and Senor just caused me to crack up laughing so hard at work. I love One Piece.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another thought about One Piece as a whole. When you compare the villains in the East Blue saga to pretty much everybody that came afterwards, especially the ones who haven't appeared again, you just have to realize that Captain Kuro was a loving chump, holy poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, Kuro was getting tired of that life anyway, that's why he concocted that scheme to inherit the money and everything.

Now Don Krieg, that was a chump.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Pureauthor posted:

Now Don Krieg, that was a chump.

Speaking of which, I wonder what him and Gin are up to. I know in every chapter there are little segments but I can not seem to remember if they got one or not. I really liked the Krieg Pirates :colbert:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Katamari Democracy posted:

Speaking of which, I wonder what him and Gin are up to. I know in every chapter there are little segments but I can not seem to remember if they got one or not. I really liked the Krieg Pirates :colbert:

nope, gin's promise of seeing luffy on the grand line again is one of the few loose ends that seems to have no conclusion alluded to

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

nope, gin's promise of seeing luffy on the grand line again is one of the few loose ends that seems to have no conclusion alluded to

I really hope he just shows up to help one day with no foreshadowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ethiser posted:

I really hope he just shows up to help one day with no foreshadowing.

tbh i hope hes like the 2nd underling of kaidou or something and fights sanji

• Locked thread