Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tomkat posted:

This game is pretty much a single player game disguised as a cooperative board game. It's like inviting 3 of your friends over to play Zelda on your N64 and assigning everybody a button to press.

If there was political motives or a treachery subplot to the game it would bring it to a new level.

If this is a serious problem for you then its generally a group dynamic thing, either try it in a group were every one is the same skill level or try the expansions it adds a bio-terrorist player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Rumda posted:

If this is a serious problem for you then its generally a group dynamic thing, either try it in a group were every one is the same skill level or try the expansions it adds a bio-terrorist player

The issue cannot be with the board game, it must be with your friends. Maybe try getting new ones.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Content:

LG G3. Came with a free wireless charger, and this is the first new phone I've ever had.

MaliciousOnion has a new favorite as of 11:13 on Jul 30, 2014

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bogan Krkic posted:

The issue cannot be with the board game, it must be with your friends. Maybe try getting new ones.

Quarterbacking IS a group problem it can happen with every pure co-op game, and yeah base pandemic does nothing to try to prevent it.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

psyopmonkey posted:

I got a spin bike.

Gonna get tiny. :dance:

Why not a real one?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I Am Not Spor posted:

Why not a real one?

I'm not the one who bought it but if I had to guess it's because it's easier, cheaper, and more comfortable to ride a stationary bike in your house than it is to buy a real one and go all out on other stuff you need.

Or maybe he/she has a real bike already and this is just for when it's raining or whatever.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I loved this game, but it almost always seems to fall victim to "quarterbacking", where one player figures does the math and figures out how we're going to win in 8 turns as long as we all do exactly what he says.

Tomkat posted:

This game is pretty much a single player game disguised as a cooperative board game. It's like inviting 3 of your friends over to play Zelda on your N64 and assigning everybody a button to press.

If there was political motives or a treachery subplot to the game it would bring it to a new level.

Quarterback found.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Humerus posted:

Or maybe he/she has a real bike already and this is just for when it's raining or whatever.
If this were the case, he/she would have done well to buy a trainer instead.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

rockcity posted:

Most of this was bought over the past few months, but I finally just finished everything. Those 3D wall panels were a goddamn pain in the rear end and I wouldn't do them again given the choice. They look nice, but god drat that was a lot of joint compound and sanding. I'm going to be finding dust in the house for weeks. All in all I'm super happy with everything and glad I decided to install everything myself. I do need to find a wall mounted wine rack for the booze side though. Maybe something coffee related for the other side.

I have a beer already fermented and ready for the kegerator too.

Can you get a closer picture of that wine bottle holder? I am intrigued.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

mystes posted:

If this were the case, he/she would have done well to buy a trainer instead.

Theres a very good chance that my household goods were lost in shipping from Korea. So I may have lost my bike.

Also, trainers require that I get another wheel set for my bike. It comes out to about the same price when all said and done and its a much bigger pain in the butt.

I got the Spin Bike because im really sensitive to heat and I cant go on runs right now.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Kosh Naranek posted:

I bought this:

So I can make myself one of these:

This is what two weeks in Tokyo does to you, you get addicted to arcades..

Is there a video of someone playing this? I'm curious.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

My earbuds' left speaker went out, and I wanted to try some wireless buds this time:

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

kloa posted:

My earbuds' left speaker went out, and I wanted to try some wireless buds this time:

These are great but I'd really recommend you superglue the buds on. drat things fall off at the slightest excuse.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

burnsep posted:

These are great but I'd really recommend you superglue the buds on. drat things fall off at the slightest excuse.

Then what do you do when you're done listening to music? :confused:

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Vier posted:

Is there a video of someone playing this? I'm curious.

This should give you an idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzmQQzufs0g

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Jubeat is awesome, I cannot believe that you are going to BUILD a Jubeat machine, how is that even going to work?

rds
Nov 28, 2004

burnsep posted:

Do you mean the buds staying in your ears or the buds falling off of the body of the headphones? I've had a small problem with both, easily solved by using a different earbud size (they come with 3 options) and giving my cord a bit more slack behind my head.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

rds posted:

Do you mean the buds staying in your ears or the buds falling off of the body of the headphones? I've had a small problem with both, easily solved by using a different earbud size (they come with 3 options) and giving my cord a bit more slack behind my head.

Sorry, I meant the second. The buds kept popping off the body of the headphones, particularly in pockets or bags, and getting lost.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

strangemusic posted:

Jubeat is awesome, I cannot believe that you are going to BUILD a Jubeat machine, how is that even going to work?

It's one super long monitor that sticks up through the cabinet there. The DAO or whatever it is hooks up and is mapped to different keyboard buttons. I believe it's

code:
1 2 3 4 
q w e r
a s d f
z x c v
You map the panels to the keys and then go from there.

bROW
Jun 3, 2009
My old keyboard started acting up so I decided to go mechanical and bought a daskeyboard Model S. I love it so far.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery on Blu-Ray.

There goes my weekend.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

JEEVES420 posted:

Can you get a closer picture of that wine bottle holder? I am intrigued.

Sure, the photo sucks, but I sent this one to my mom the other day when she asked about it in the same photo.

It's carved from a piece of driftwood.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

rockcity posted:

Sure, the photo sucks, but I sent this one to my mom the other day when she asked about it in the same photo.

It's carved from a piece of driftwood.

It looks nice but shouldn't the wine be tilted downwardly, to keep the cork moist.

E - I googled a bit. I guess that orientation keeps it moist too. Im used to them pointing down, or flat.

Supreme Allah has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Jul 31, 2014

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Supreme Allah posted:

It looks nice but shouldn't the wine be tilted downwardly, to keep the cork moist.

E - I googled a bit. I guess that orientation keeps it moist too. Im used to them pointing down, or flat.

Lot of wine ships with that fake cork now, doesn't matter if that stays wet.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i bought sooo much stuff recently you guys.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
My very first new car! A 2015 VW GTI (not my pic, same color though).

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

my bitter bi rival posted:

That's literally the point of this 36 page thread.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery on Blu-Ray.

There goes my weekend.

Is this wide or 4:3? the description says 1:1.33 or something.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

colas posted:

Is this wide or 4:3? the description says 1:1.33 or something.

4:3

Fire Walk With Me is 16:9.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

my bitter bi rival posted:

what did you get??

colas
Feb 14, 2007

isnt that right posted:

what did you get??

sooo much.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

strangemusic posted:

Basically what Xenoletum said. There is apparently a scene for this sort of stuff, this is from a buddy of mines 30th birthday, done nerdstyle: http://imgur.com/a/bDY6k

They only had touchscreens for Jubeat, but since then controllers have been released.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Had to register on a specialty forum to get advice and pulled the trigger on this:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just bought a print of what might be my most favorite drawing of Wonder Woman ever.

http://theycallmekdub.storenvy.com/ if ya want one too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kosh Naranek posted:

Basically what Xenoletum said. There is apparently a scene for this sort of stuff, this is from a buddy of mines 30th birthday, done nerdstyle: http://imgur.com/a/bDY6k

They only had touchscreens for Jubeat, but since then controllers have been released.

Custom bemani machines are amazing, there's a DDR one in the UK which has online leaderboards so it gets taken to cons all over the place.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just bought a print of what might be my most favorite drawing of Wonder Woman ever.

Is that supposed to be tranny wonderwoman or is it the worse face drawing of all time?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That is incredibly poorly drawn.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought some cheap CDs from the thrift shop:

(Behind Crimson Eyes - self titled)

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

This must be what my dad sees when he watches me "fix" his laptop. :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

zapplez posted:

Is that supposed to be tranny wonderwoman or is it the worse face drawing of all time?

You see how your face looks when you're holding a scrunchie in your mouth.