Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I smell Urahara showing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fhate posted:

Heh, well, Luppi always did want to fight Hitsugaya again. Unless the wee captain's much stronger than before I doubt he can take those four arrancar solo. But, it wouldn't make sense for them to make a big deal out of him appearing if he couldn't, so this probably just means that Mayuri will either (A) Un-zombie him, (B)Reveal an even more powerful zombie (possibly Yami, Starrk, or one of the previously killed Sternritter) or (C) Use some completely different sciency-trump card.

You know who's going to turn out to be the next card in this zombie trump game. Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez.

Oh god, please stop trying to spell things in English(Spanish), Japan.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zyla posted:

I didn't even realize he was dead.

I didn't even recognize him in the slightest

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know if I can read another chapter of Bleach after Charlotte leaves, it's too much to bear.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

if momo doesn't show up to take her retribution this entire manga has failed

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fhate posted:

Also, who's that standing to the reader's left of Ikakku in that picture with the remaining captains + Chad and Orihime? Looks like Isshin to me.

Pretty sure that's Komamura's vice-captain.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Either zombie Bambi sucks or :siren:Beautiful Charlotte Chuhlhourne's Final Holy Wonderful Pretty Super Magnum Sexy Sexy Glamourous Cero:siren: got a shitload stronger. Either way I'm glad he's back because he was the absolute best underling of the Espada.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot just how much it an rear end in a top hat (a vast understatement) Mayuri was to the Quincies.

It's kind of feels weird to be rooting for the guy who, by all rights deserves the worst death possible.

Morality means jack poo poo in shounen; might as well root for the guy who makes this poo poo hilarious.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Not going to happen, but I would like to see Hitsugaya get killed again and become a vaizard zombie. Mayuri somehow combines him with a zombie quincy. The layers of ghostlife-death-undead-death-life-undead-death-death would be staggering. He would just be a puddle of unstable fanboy necro-jizz.

I don't know why I say such weird things.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Servaetes posted:

Either zombie Bambi sucks or :siren:Beautiful Charlotte Chuhlhourne's Final Holy Wonderful Pretty Super Magnum Sexy Sexy Glamourous Cero:siren: got a shitload stronger. Either way I'm glad he's back because he was the absolute best underling of the Espada.

If you're going to bring someone back from the dead, why wouldn't you make improvements?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That fukken look on Charlotte's face as he tells Giselle they're alike. Holy poo poo that could be framed in a museum.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

That fukken look on Charlotte's face as he tells Giselle they're alike. Holy poo poo that could be framed in a museum.

Notice how he's also inhaling deep through his nostrils in the previous panel. This is the best/worst running gag.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Hitsugaya's dead, Everyone knows Giselle is dead, Zombie Arrancar could mean the return of Starrk
I still suggest this thread be named "You reek of jizzsemen"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Well Mayuri had a hand in reviving them, so obviously he was gonna mess around with their power levels. And don't forget that anything Hollow-related (remember Cero means Hollow Flash) is like poison to a Quincy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yes, that is the best part of the chapter.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Those are basically the best panels of the series.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I'm guessing everyone is kidding in this thread when it comes to speculation, because it's pretty obvious this is Mayuri's big fight and I severely doubt Isshin, Momo, or really anybody else will show up. Hitsugaya is also probably Giselle's big reveal as far as zombies go, though it is Bleach so she probably has some other tricks up her sleeve. As much as we'd all love it, Hitsugaya is not going to be killed. Out of respect for the Gotei 13 or something or maybe as some proof that as the superior organism Mayuri can restrain him without killing him, he will likely do as such.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Didn't Momo say some crap during the Espada fights about wanting to protect Hitsugaya? Now is the perfect time for her to show up and get stabbed

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If Momo gets stabbed again, this will be the best fight in the entire series. We could stop right there.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

Postal Parcel posted:

Hitsugaya's dead, Everyone knows Giselle is dead, Zombie Arrancar could mean the return of Starrk

I REALLY hope this is the case.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

If Momo gets stabbed again, this will be the best fight in the entire series. We could stop right there.

Also this.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

But is Hitsugaya really dead though?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Anime Device posted:

But is Hitsugaya really dead though?

Not dead enough, apparently.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
So we basically have zombie ghosts now.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Attestant posted:

If you become a zombie ghost can it cure ghost tuberculosis?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Attestant posted:

ZOMBIE GOASTS LEAVE THIS PLACE

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't even aware Rangiku or Hitsugaya were double dead to begin with.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008
I really wouldn't be surprised if 'controlled' is a much better word for whatever this is and that Kubo's going off of stories like you get in Haiti where a zombie is more or less a still-living (possibly now brain damaged) person who was basically poisoned.
Not that I wouldn't put it past him to have undead dead people, but it makes a little more sense that way.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Squallege posted:

I went back and re-read from chapter 551 onward last night and it's never really made clear. Last time you see Hitsuguya he's falling over, but it looks like he's just passing out from exhaustion. I think whether he died or got captured after passing out will be revealed within the next chapter or two.

Also Rose is still an idiot. His bankai seemed to be borderline overpowered, but he revealed how it worked before he could do anything with it. It looked cool the 3 pages it lasted at least. :sigh:

Revins fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 31, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
In case anyone still wasnt sure, Mayuri is still the best.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Squallege posted:

Yeah, there was no reason to assume they were dead. All we were shown were them having fallen over, and in a manga where you can be chopped in half and live, that hardly telegraphs "certain death". It's certainly possible that Gigi found them and administered a killing blow before raising them, but since shinigami don't need to be dead to be affected by her zombie power, it would have been unnecessary.

This does make me wonder if she has zombies of various other powerful individuals who have been defeated. Yamamoto's impossible (as impossible as anything can be in this story, anyway) because Ywach completely obliterated him, but anybody recently defeated is fair game. Unless she spent a lot of time loving around looking for bodies, I doubt she'd have Unohana, but I do hope that someone's moved Kenpachi, because if she gets her blood on him, they're completely screwed.

Makes me wonder what would happen if her blood got on Aizen (probably nothing, because power levels). Also makes it kind of funny to think of him just kind of sitting around with his thumb up his rear end, just chuckling to himself as this all happens above him.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
When were you under the impression it was up his rear end? :heysexy:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I thought for Giselle's power to work you just need her blood to touch you? That's why all those shinigami mooks were affected while fighting her. Death is only a prerequisite for quincies to fall under her control.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Shoren posted:

I thought for Giselle's power to work you just need her blood to touch you? That's why all those shinigami mooks were affected while fighting her. Death is only a prerequisite for quincies to fall under her control.

Which is why it's highly likely that it's not the real Hitsugaya. It could be that Lloyd dude that Kenpachi skewered during the first invasion (the other one that fought Yama is dead). While Zombie Gin or Zombie Starrk would be awesome, I'm guessing that we're either gonna get some Fullbringers in on the action or that Grimmjow is finally going to make his presence known.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Which is why it's highly likely that it's not the real Hitsugaya. It could be that Lloyd dude that Kenpachi skewered during the first invasion (the other one that fought Yama is dead). While Zombie Gin or Zombie Starrk would be awesome, I'm guessing that we're either gonna get some Fullbringers in on the action or that Grimmjow is finally going to make his presence known.

Actually, what I was alluding to is that Hitsugaya probably isn't dead, just under the influence of quincy magic. The Fullbringers and Grimjoww will likely show up again, but not right now as Mayuri is just getting started and this fight's cast is big enough already.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Couldn't his power simply be explained through spiritron control, and his blood initiates the ritual?

As he was traipsing around, couldn't he have easily come across Hitsugaya and/or Rangiku? I mean roboknight and Lu kang were picked up after being defeated and put on trial...so why couldn't those 2 have been moved to where he came in contact?

"God" help them if we have a zombie Gremmy...

Also interesting how Ikakku and Yumi (and Hisagi) were trounced by the Mask with no fight, and now they tossed in some licks and still jobbed out by 1 chapter.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

When Hitsugaya falls over there is a shadow approaching him and footstep noises being made, so it isn't like this wasn't hinted at all.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
There is no way they would let Kubo kill Toushirou, do you know how loving popular he is? That fucker moves merchandise which is why he basically got his own movie. Unless Kubo is going out with a giant middle finger to everyone I don't see it happening. Just like with Byakuya, anyone who thought he was genuinely at risk of dying at all was not really looking at the polls. Maybe Kubo could do it but I'm sure he'd be burning a lot of bridges when his current work is in such a decline in popularity.

I imagine he wants those connections so he can make a series about fashion models and their frequent outfit changes. Or maybe Zombie Pow-- Okay yea that won't happen.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

was in such a decline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Syrant posted:

There is no way they would let Kubo kill Toushirou, do you know how loving popular he is? That fucker moves merchandise which is why he basically got his own movie. Unless Kubo is going out with a giant middle finger to everyone I don't see it happening. Just like with Byakuya, anyone who thought he was genuinely at risk of dying at all was not really looking at the polls. Maybe Kubo could do it but I'm sure he'd be burning a lot of bridges when his current work is in such a decline in popularity.

I imagine he wants those connections so he can make a series about fashion models and their frequent outfit changes. Or maybe Zombie Pow-- Okay yea that won't happen.

I'm betting Kubo will kill him off just to have a moment at the end where, as a last act, the Soul King revives everyone so you can be sure that Hitsugaya continues to live on in mediocrity for eternity.

• Locked thread