Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

KoldPT posted:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/493754149973286912

The Dynasty Warriors 8 XL CE DLC (god that's a mouthful) is coming to Steam! Now you can, too, look like this:

Well now I'm mildly interested in Dynasty Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Hey thread,

I have given up the ghost of ever seriously playing TF2 again and liquidated my unusual collection. After buying all the steam stuff I really want, I'm left with $43.49 in wallet funds that I'd really prefer to apply to playing Hearthstone.

I'll buy anything you want from the store and you'll give me as close to the dollar value as you think is fair? I can chip in some real dollars if it makes the exchange easier, that'd be no problem. I am paypal verified and have run the full gamut of steam trading, I'd prefer you were verified as well.

Thanks,

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Hey thread,

I have given up the ghost of ever seriously playing TF2 again and liquidated my unusual collection. After buying all the steam stuff I really want, I'm left with $43.49 in wallet funds that I'd really prefer to apply to playing Hearthstone.

I'll buy anything you want from the store and you'll give me as close to the dollar value as you think is fair? I can chip in some real dollars if it makes the exchange easier, that'd be no problem. I am paypal verified and have run the full gamut of steam trading, I'd prefer you were verified as well.

Thanks,

If you haven't found anybody by the time I get back from work we can probably work something out.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WilsonK/

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
I am preparing a key dump. Does steam have separate messages for keys that would activate products that are already owned and for keys that have already been activated? I don't want to try to give away keys that no longer work, but when I try them on my own steam, it pops up with the "product already owned" and I can't tell if the key is still good to be traded or not.. Thanks.

Edit: vvvv Is there a way to see the key that you used to activate a product?

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 31, 2014

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Gorilla Radio posted:

I am preparing a key dump. Does steam have separate messages for keys that would activate products that are already owned and for keys that have already been activated? I don't want to try to give away keys that no longer work, but when I try them on my own steam, it pops up with the "product already owned" and I can't tell if the key is still good to be traded or not.. Thanks.
After a set amount of attempts it just auto-denies so that's not a great method of verification.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

Gorilla Radio posted:

Edit: vvvv Is there a way to see the key that you used to activate a product?

To answer your question, though, if you already own the product, there is no difference in the message that shows up for a key that has already been redeemed vs. one that hasn't. I just tested with two keys that I know the status of, and got "Product already owned" both times.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just dump everything and say some poo poo is probably definitely already used :effort:

unless you're trying to make giveaways or something

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Was this always a option in Steam or something just added to the new beta?

You can view categories in the giant image mode now.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Hey thread,

Thanks,

How do you make so much money from TF2? should i deconstruct all my stuff and try to make hats?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Rirse posted:

Was this always a option in Steam or something just added to the new beta?

You can view categories in the giant image mode now.

Yeah, that's fairly new in the beta.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Danith posted:

How do you make so much money from TF2? should i deconstruct all my stuff and try to make hats?

Unless you have unusuals or really old stuff, you're unlikely to make that much.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Danith posted:

You can check roughly what your tf2 junk is worth on http://backpack.tf/.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Anyone else's wishlist refusing to update? I can't remove stuff from it anymore. The option is there, and the item disappears if I press the button, but if I refresh the page or check again, the item is back. Happens with both the browser and the client.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody posted it so I'll mention that Transistor is 33% off today.

Humble Weekly Bundle: Sci-fi

$1
Velocity Ultra
Q.U.B.E.
Cosmic DJ (Early Access)

$6
The Fall
Strike Suit Infinity
Strike Vector

$15
The Last Federation

System Shock 2 is $1.99 on Humble Store.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

last federation is $12 on gamersgate currently so don't buy that tier if you only want that

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Velocity Ultra is a really goddamn good game. It's like a mix of a shmup and a puzzle game and excels at both. The sequel looks to add elements of Metroid as well...somehow??

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is it possible to sort multiple games into catagories at once

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://store.steampowered.com/app/316850/

Oh another RPG Maker game? Well-

"Sacred Tears TRUE brings both traditional JRPG elements and fresh and unique features such as a deceptively simple but deep card battle system, redistributable skill points, and graphics by Takashi KONNO (Shichinin no Bukiya) and music by Hiroyuki Ojima (Accel World, When They Cry anime) and Shimotsuki Haruka (Atelier Iris, Ace Attorney Orchestral Performance)

Huh.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It looks like it's made in something else like Game Maker, but anyway if these are american weeaboos making this can we stop with the nonsense names. The gently caress does "Sacred Tears TRUE" mean

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Considering Binary Domain. I remember a recommendation in the winter sale thread, but everyone says the default controls are rear end. Worth $3.74? Worth buying over Space Rangers HD, which is also on sale?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

More deals:

On Steam, Red Faction series is the cheapest it's ever been, so much so that it might be a pricing error:

Red Faction Guerilla - $1.99
Red Faction Armaggeddon - $1.99
Red Faction I/II - $0.99 each
Red Faction Collection (I, II, Guerilla, Armaggeddon+Path to War DLC) - $5.99

Bundle Stars has Stick It to the Man for $2.25, and Sine Mora for $1.49

KoB
May 1, 2009

Trustworthy posted:

Considering Binary Domain. I remember a recommendation in the winter sale thread, but everyone says the default controls are rear end. Worth $3.74? Worth buying over Space Rangers HD, which is also on sale?

Binary Domain is great.

BIG BO

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

More deals:

On Steam, Red Faction series is the cheapest it's ever been, so much so that it might be a pricing error:

Red Faction Guerilla - $1.99
Red Faction Armaggeddon - $1.99
Red Faction I/II - $0.99 each
Red Faction Collection (I, II, Guerilla, Armaggeddon+Path to War DLC) - $5.99

Which one is the good (ie, Space rear end in a top hat) one?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Everblight posted:

Which one is the good (ie, Space rear end in a top hat) one?

I believe that's Guerilla.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
If you're not best buds with Big Bo by the end of Binary Domain, well, gently caress you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I just want to say you're doing the Lord's work posting about all these deals.

Whatever happened to AmazonTony, anyway?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

It looks like it's made in something else like Game Maker, but anyway if these are american weeaboos making this can we stop with the nonsense names. The gently caress does "Sacred Tears TRUE" mean

If the soundtrack is in Ace Attorney's league they can call it whatever they want.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Died.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Guerrilla is the one with the sledgehammer and destructible buildings.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gradenko_2000 posted:

He moved to a different department at Amazon and was replaced by AmazonJosh who hosed off to reddit and some other sites.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Amazon's sales have sucked since Tony changed divisions too because now all they do is look at what Steam is doing and copycat them the following day. They don't undercut Steam on any games anymore.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

A Shark bit his leg off :(

^ You fuckers ruining poo poo.

Movac
Oct 31, 2012

Trustworthy posted:

Not sure what problems people had with the controls; it seems like an ordinary third-person shooter to me. There's one turret segment late in the game where the mouse sensitivity is absurdly low, but I just picked up my gamepad for that.

Yeah, I'd say it's easily worth the sale price. The gameplay is pretty standard third-person shooting, but blowing the legs off robots to make them crawl is always fun. Bosses are spongy. You've got a motley crew of AI partners, and their opinion of you is a game mechanic that changes how the endgame plays out. The story goes cool places, sort of Kojima-lite. Also there's a French robot. Obligatory reminder: turn off the speech recognition, it doesn't work.

(Space Rangers HD is on top of my backlog, so I can't weigh in there yet.)

---

Speaking of game recommendations, will regret spending a buck a piece of card money on the first two Red Faction games if I have vaguely fond memories of the first game's demo and have been on an old FPS spree?

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Humble Weekly Bundle: Sci-fi

$1
Q.U.B.E.

Btw QUBE is really, really excellent and worth getting the $1 tier for all on its own. It is an astonishingly elegantly-designed first-person puzzle game with light platforming elements, and the difficulty curve is so well-balanced that you will feel like a loving genius multiple points without ever getting really frustrated. Seriously you should buy and play it if you haven't; I would hold it up alongside Portal and Braid as one of the best examples of puzzle design in videogames.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Anyone ever play multiplayer on Red Faction: Guerrilla?

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

TheCoon posted:

If you haven't found anybody by the time I get back from work we can probably work something out.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WilsonK/

Adding you momentarily as HAL9100, I should be around for much of the early evening

And as for how I made the money, I've always been drawn to trading economies in games, I continually made value trades and started an idle-bot farm to work my way up in metal until I had a bunch of keys, and one day I got lucky opening crates drunk with a friend. I traded one unusual for a few lesser ones and flip flip flip basically. Ended up being up about $350 when I sold everything.

Dr. Tommy John fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 31, 2014

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Got try out Injustice. It takes a while to get used to the mechanics - the block and hit visuals are very similar. The combat can feel a bit stiff in the beginning (the neutral game isn't quite as satisfying as in Street Fighter) and mashing is encouraged because you get some standard combos out of chaining together neutrals.

That said, the game is great. The storymode is fantastic and the heroes are a lot of fun to use, which is honestly the most important part for casual fighting game players.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Poppin' in to say that TheCoon is one of the good goons, not like you lowly regular goons!

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Davincie posted:

is it possible to sort multiple games into catagories at once

That's actually one of the things that's been added to the Steam Client beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Also, ctrl and shift-click (it's about loving time).

e: same point I guess, whatever

• Locked thread