Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

R. Mute posted:

Wild Wild West was the first film I saw at a cinema. The only thing I remember are the giant mechanical spider and parts of the song. Good poo poo.

Jesus Christ, this makes me feel old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

R. Mute posted:

Wild Wild West was the first film I saw at a cinema. The only thing I remember are the giant mechanical spider and parts of the song. Good poo poo.

Wild Wild West wasn't even the first Will Smith movie I saw at a cinema.

Thanatosian posted:

Jesus Christ, this makes me feel old.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

R. Mute posted:

Well, you're half-right in your assessment at the end there.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
When I saw Wild Wild West in theaters I thought it was awesome, except there was a preview for Deep Blue Sea on before it and I ran out of the theater scared.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

R. Mute posted:

Uhh, how old are you?

I mean, the first film I saw in theatres was the Glenn Close 101 Dalmatians remake, so I can't exactly be one of your elders in comparison, but still.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
R Mute is from one of those Benelux countries so the Central Film Committee just approved Wild Wild West to be shown in The People's Cinemas a couple of years ago, that's why he just saw it. Many troubling aspects had to be censored or edited out.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

wild wild west came out in 1999, guys, when i was 9. i'm 24 now.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
First film I saw in the cinema was Citizen Kane. I didn't watch Disney movies like all the other proles.

E: I was twelve.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CPFortest posted:

Uhh, how old are you?

I mean, the first film I saw in theatres was the Glenn Close 101 Dalmatians remake, so I can't exactly be one of your elders in comparison, but still.

I think 101 Dalmations was one of the first movies I ever saw in theatres, too.

I mean, the 1985 re-release of the original, but still... :corsair:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

R. Mute posted:

"Father, why is that half man being so mean to Zwarte Piet?"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

R. Mute posted:

midnightclimax posted:

First film I saw in the cinema was Citizen Kane. I didn't watch Disney movies like all the other proles.

E: I was twelve.

I guess I need to check my privilege...

(My parents were taking me to the movies when I was hella young; like, toddler-age)

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

R. Mute posted:

poo poo you're older than me then, my bad.

You just started going to the movies later than I did.

I was three years old in 1996, how's that for you guys feeling old.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
First movie I remember seeing in the theater was Return of the Jedi.:corsair:

The Rancor and Sarlac scared the hell out of me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

whats up my 30 something bros.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

pangstrom posted:

:lol:

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
i grew up in a small town with no theater so I never went til I was 9

my first movie? conspiracy theory.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I think mine was Star Trek Generations as far as I remember. Been a trekkie ever since.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

whats up my 30 something bros.

Feeling old. Joints bad. Kids these days.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Feeling old. Joints bad. Kids these days.

I'm lucky that my joints aren't giving me any trouble yet, hope it stays that way. Miss having a full head of hair, though.

SlipUp posted:

my first movie? conspiracy theory.

Or was it?! :tinfoil:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Very first movie I saw in a theater was either the Power Rangers movie or Space Jam, can't remember which. And now I've thoroughly dated myself.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Also vampires. gently caress vampires. And zombies. gently caress them, too. (not literally)

drat right, 90% of all horror literature sections are sexy vampires or dull zombie survival apocawanks.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I made my brother take me to see Power Rangers and then Ivan Ooze scared me so badly I left and hid in the bathroom, forcing my brother to come and take me home.

Years later I actually watched the movie for real and realised what I had inadvertently saved my brother and myself from.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'm lucky that my joints aren't giving me any trouble yet, hope it stays that way. Miss having a full head of hair, though.

My hair is still full and luxurious. :wookie:

Chantilly Say posted:

Very first movie I saw in a theater was either the Power Rangers movie or Space Jam, can't remember which. And now I've thoroughly dated myself.

Pfft. I'm pretty sure the original TMNT movie wasn't the first one I watched in theater.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 31, 2014

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Star Wars. Spent half the movie turned around to stare at the lights from the multiple projectors cutting shafts of glowing and moving dust in the old theater.

It was gorgeous.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MarsDragon posted:

I made my brother take me to see Power Rangers and then Ivan Ooze scared me so badly I left and hid in the bathroom, forcing my brother to come and take me home.

Years later I actually watched the movie for real and realised what I had inadvertently saved my brother and myself from.

But if you had stayed, that movie loving ruled as a kid. I also loved the 1998 Godzilla.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

First movie I remember was Honey I Shrunk The Kids at a drive-in. Suck it indoor-movie-theater-lords.

Coincidentally, I saw Wild Wild West at another drive-in. But the only thing I really remember is my dad getting a speeding ticket on the way there.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
The first movie I saw in theaters was The Little Mermaid, and I didn't understand anything that was going on onscreen, because I was like 2.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

pangstrom posted:

It's so funny, I occasionally catch bits of that movie on TV, and now that I'm older and have perspective, it's clear to me that the best (maybe only?) good part of it was Kenneth Branagh's performance. He knew he was performing in an unbelievable piece of poo poo, but he was going to have the most fun with it possible, come hell or high water.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
post the first movie you saw by yourself with a person of the preferred gender you wanted to kiss

for me, it was blast from the past starring brendan fraser

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Chantilly Say posted:

It was either Empire Strikes Back or Some Like it Hot, I can't quite remember. Put a date on that! I could be 17! I could be 70!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Swan Oat posted:

post the first movie you saw by yourself with a person of the preferred gender you wanted to kiss

Gangs of New York.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It was either Empire Strikes Back or Some Like it Hot, I can't quite remember. Put a date on that! I could be 17! I could be 70!

It was re-released in certain areas in the early 2000s according to IMDB. Do your parents know you're talking to strangers on the Internet, kid?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Swan Oat posted:

Jungle 2 Jungle

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Mine was Snow White, so that really fucks up the math.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Swan Oat posted:

Girl, Interrupted.

God loving help me.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Channel 4 news are pretty great on I/P stuff.

Just watched nightly news and they have an interview with a mum from gaza and a mum from israel. The israeli mum is so very dishonest and deflecting when questioned, especially when asked about seeing the horrific images of dead/injured children she said "it raises the question of how to counter these images in the media" and the interviewer calls her out about countering images but not the numbers of children killed.

http://www.channel4.com/news/israel-gaza-palestine-mothers-debate-children-video

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Swan Oat posted:

My Dog Skip. In hindsight, not a good date movie.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Swan Oat posted:

serial mom

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

I'm going to bend the rules and post the first one I saw with someone I wanted to kiss but hadn't yet because it was Drive.

e: Oh poo poo, I forgot, it was actually the MST3K episode where they did the South African space movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My first was also Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and on the way out in the parking lot I remember crying because Antie died.

Swan Oat posted:

schindler's list

• Locked thread