Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Butt Ghost posted:

Maybe Girono is the son of both DIO and Jonathan, since they used the same body.

I thought this was the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Guys I think I figured out how Gilgamesh could be 2/3 of a god.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Kabanaw posted:

Please, Giorno's hair was black up until just before before part 5 :colbert:

Maybe the person who took that picture was Alessi.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I kind of expected Dio to come back for the finale of Steel Ball Run but I did not expect him to have The World. That was a really good ending and I think SBR might replace Part 4 as my favorite Part.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It was the best kind of fanservice

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Which opening do you think David is more likely to play for Jotaro and Dio's final fight: Bloody Stream or Stand Proud? Bloody Stream would be like Sono Chi no Sadame during Joseph vs. Kars last season, but Stand Proud could fit Jotaro and Dio's Toriyamaesque brawl pretty well.

Maybe they'll play a sad instrumental version of Bloody Stream for Joseph's ghost talk to Jotaro to further deceive unspoiled newbies into thinking he's genuinely dead.

Edit: as long as I'm talking about music, I hope somebody edits "Awake" into Abdul's return against Judgement when David animates it.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 31, 2014

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Why would it be Bloody Stream? That song is all about Battle Tendency.
Realistically I think they'll play Stand Proud but I'd like them to play Soni Chi no Sadame again. It's about Dio and the Joestars' destiny, and I think it'd represent closure to Dio and Jonathan's rivalry.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It'll be Holy Diver.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

It'll be Holy Diver.

That'll be the credits music when they get to Egypt

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 31, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just imagine if they time it just right.

SONO CHI NO SADAME
[Star Platinum punches Dio's leg]
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd rather the scene be dead silent after Jotaro triggers the time stop.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Speaking of time stops, I was listening to the Stardust OST for the first time today and I noticed that Omen has a ticking clock followed by a shatter sound effect at the end.

Very clever, David.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Speaking of time stops, I was listening to the Stardust OST for the first time today and I noticed that Omen has a ticking clock followed by a shatter sound effect at the end.

Very clever, David.

Oh wow. David is really good with their references (or foreshadowing in this case)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Beef Waifu posted:

I'd rather the scene be dead silent after Jotaro triggers the time stop.
Total soundtrack silence during stopped time. Then, they can roll the "Jotaro's kicking someone's rear end now" theme cue as he rises up behind DIO.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Again, for all the problems that the OVA has, it does the final fight with DIO real good. I loved the completely understated flicking around and dulled sound whenever he stopped time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So, any bets on whether or not David is going to show or imply that the good guys are going to make an evil baby eat his own diaper filling?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They'll probably show Kakyoin pick up the spoon, go to the diaper, and then stir something into the formula.

Kakyoin is pretty stone cold when he wants to be, in retrospect.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It will be shown, but all blacked out like Jotaro's cigarette.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

cmykjester posted:

It will be shown, but all blacked out like Jotaro's cigarette.

Don't forget that the baby smokes too :allears:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Don't forget that the baby smokes too :allears:

It's okay, it's an evil baby.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Evil baby, trained from infancy to eat poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe the baby shouldn't have been such a little poo poo.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Fuckin' babies, who needs 'em?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Y'know, I can't help but wonder why they let some of these Stand Users live. Some of the Stand Powers seem way too dangerous to let their Users keep roaming around to be dicks. Like Yellow Temperance or Death 13.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a specific reason as to why things like Part 3 changed title from Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future at some point to Stardust Crusaders, or was it a decision made when the volumes were released where they thought "this is a mouthful, it's now Stardust Crusaders".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why is it called "Stardust Crusaders", anyway? I mean "Crusaders" I get, but I'm not sure what Stardust has to do with anything unless it's a reference to Star Platinum. The next three parts mention the main characters' Stand in their titles, after all.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Y'know, I can't help but wonder why they let some of these Stand Users live. Some of the Stand Powers seem way too dangerous to let their Users keep roaming around to be dicks. Like Yellow Temperance or Death 13.

I think Jotaro might have actually killed Rubber Soul. As for Death 13's user, I doubt they wanted to kill a baby.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yellow Temperance is dead dude. Jotaro was not holding back any punches. Also Death 13 is a baby.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why is it called "Stardust Crusaders", anyway? I mean "Crusaders" I get, but I'm not sure what Stardust has to do with anything unless it's a reference to Star Platinum. The next three parts mention the main characters' Stand in their titles, after all.
The traces coming from their linked star birthmarks, are like dust, you see.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Yellow Temperance is dead dude. Jotaro was not holding back any punches. Also Death 13 is a baby.

Sure, in physical age, but effectively he's just a midget.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Their namesake.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The baby is actually a 1,000 years old demon. Note the fangs.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Sure, in physical age, but effectively he's just a midget.

oh so now you're being ableist

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

oh so now you're being ableist

I think it's ableist to not kill a dangerous psychic serial killer just because they have a small body. :colbert: That isn't equality.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why don't we just punch all babies then under the assumption they're evil murderers?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Beef Waifu posted:

Why don't we just punch all babies then under the assumption they're evil murderers?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

This would have saved the world yknow

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I have a modest proposal y'all―

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Aurain posted:

Is there a specific reason as to why things like Part 3 changed title from Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future at some point to Stardust Crusaders, or was it a decision made when the volumes were released where they thought "this is a mouthful, it's now Stardust Crusaders".

I think that's a subtitle. There's Japanese subtitles for each part name, right? Or did I dream that?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ziggy Stardust.

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There were slightly different subtitles for the issue releases compared to the tankoban releases for the first six parts.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Johnathan Joestar: His Youth
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Joseph Joestar: His Proud Lineage
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Josuke Higashikata
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Giorno Giovanna: Golden Heritage
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Jolyne Cujoh: Stone Ocean

Steel Ball Run and Jojolion have always been those.

• Locked thread